Heart and Wolf by Lindy
Summary:

Cover

What happens when a werewolf refuses to follow his nature,does his wolf take full control or will the human side win the battle of wills...


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General, Supernatural
Genre: Family, Fantasy, Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Extreme Language, Graphic Violence, Original Characters, Racism, Sexual Content , Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 10355 Read: 3514 Published: July 13 2013 Updated: September 08 2013
Story Notes:

This is something that's been playing in my head for a while so i decided to get it out there.  apologize for any grammatical errors, typos and anything that might displease. Please enjoy...

1. Chapter 1 by Lindy

2. Chapter 2 by Lindy

3. Chapter 3 by Lindy

Chapter 1 by Lindy

Heart and wolf
How was he going to get himself out of this? He could start by telling her how she snuck up on him and stole his heart, leaving his soul bare for the taking. No she won’t believe that, she’ll think he planned this . His wolf has done it this time and he was starting to feel the pull towards her, the door separating them was slowly turning into something that needs pummeling.

Alexandros Kostas was a man in control of his life and actions’, finding himself mated to a human was something unplanned and well…beyond his control. He felt cheated and betrayed by his wolf, he had trusted his other half to stick to their plan. They would marry the human as per agreement between his pack and her family and they will not form any mating bond with the human therefore no permanent attachments, when the time came they will go their separate ways. He should have realized that something was off when he could no long partake in his usual indulgence with his favorite she-wolf, he chucked it up to stress due to the upcoming nuptial. He spent a little too much time discussing stupid things with the human female, he should have known the wolf was taking charge and using the human side of him to get closer to their mate.

Arielle Duncan was now Arielle Kostas, this change was expected and accepted, what he didn’t expect was how his world will be turned around and completely taken over by someone he would never be attracted to in a million years. He couldn’t even begin to hate her, his entire being disagreed with any ill thoughts directed towards her. He knew without a doubt that he could and will kill for her, he will defend her against anything or anyone. Her happiness was now his everything and the said woman could careless if he dropped off the face of the earth. She was still extremely angry at him for `turning’ wolf on her and biting her. It didn’t help his case when he admitted that he lost control of his wolf, she was livid to the point of literally kicking out of the bedroom. He now had a new respect for human males, the things they put up with should qualify them for sainthood. She-wolves knew their place, a mate held a special place to their significant other. Human females placed their feelings above everything and everyone else, did she honestly believe a wolf like him needed to trick a girl like her. There were she-wolves in every pack across the world that would jump to take her place, damn humans…damn his wolf and he needs to be close to the girl in a bad way. Miss proper had to take her clothes off in the bedroom now he kind even find her panties to sniff and settle his wolf, the girl was a menace.


****************************************

He was now taking a break from the begging and thinking about Nora Trent, his bed partner for the past two years. She was a she wolf from another pack, highly ambitious and a true rebel against pack laws something they had in common. They had finally reached an understanding of being exclusive a few months ago and his Father chose that moment to turn his life into a living hell. Nora is not his mate that much he knew but she could do things in bed that made his toes curl, sex with her was always exciting. Nora told him his marriage will not be a problem for her, they will continue just like before. That had been the plan until the furry fanged side of him took a bite and giving him an irate mate, no mistress and straight vanilla sex from now on, if and when his lucky to get it. He was truly screwed and it’s only day one.

He needed to hold Ari and turn this nightmare into a decent honeymoon, maybe his human side was warm up to this whole thing and he just couldn’t make the distinction anymore. Nora was tall nearly 6’ tall much closer to his 6’6” height. She was slim and well-toned complementing his well-developed muscled body, thanks to constant running and training. She was blond with brown eyes in contrast to his black hair and blue eyes, they matched and they made sense. Arielle was just over 5’ tall which made her comically short when standing next to him, she was on the thick side and tonight he discovered what those frumpy clothes were hiding, to say he was blindsided will be an understatement. His mate’s peanut butter colored body was well proportioned , curvy and wide where necessary, tidy and tapered where needed, generally full and soft his mouth watered, damn…that had been the sign that he should have run for the hills but nooo he stayed to discover more of what the short compact body had to offer. Now he was roped in and never to be freed, did he just smile at that thought?

Yep he did, it was time to grovel again “Ari? Sweetheart, we have to talk about this, you must know enough about wolves to know this is not a good situation you are placing us in. I can’t undo the bite, it’s a forever thing.” He heard a small bang against the closed door and decided she must have thrown a shoe or something. She was no longer screaming at him and that was a sign that might be exhausted and want to cuddle.

He slowly entered the room and found a pouting Arielle, a part of him thought that looked so cute, he moving closer to the bed to kiss the protruding lips. “Don’t even think of touching me, if you think I will let you come near me again you must be out of your mind.” Ari couldn’t believe the guy who promised her a marriage in name only could go this far.Tonight was supposed to be a onetime thing, no repeats and no pretense. What was he thinking? What was she thinking? She wasn’t thinking at all but she would rather die than admit that her first time was more than she expected. How are they supposed to end things now that he’s done something so irrevocable? So damning?

“Honey I think we should at least try to be adults about this, I truly wasn’t my intension to bite you. I wanted to consummate our marriage, not tie you to me without talking to you about it somewhere I lost control, instincts took over before I knew it I was making us permanent. That’s my story, no tricks or diabolical plans to make you my eternal slave. Mating with you or anyone for that matter is the last thing I want, I had plan to live an exciting care free life for a century or so, no mates or pups. I would never do this to you, my wolf had other plans for us.

“I believe you.” Ari looked at his and was not surprised by his surprised face.

“You believe me?”

“Yes.”

“You must know that I had the best intentions for us.”

“I doubt that, but I believe you about not intending to make me a permanent part of your life or maybe I should say you were not planning to bind yourself to me. What are you going to tell Nora now?”

“What! How do you know about her? Did you check up on me?”

“I did no such thing, get your phone by the door before it rings again.” Check up on him? As if.

Alex picked up his phone and switched it back on, there were twelve missed calls from Nora and two massages, one very explicit and demanding. He must have been out of it not have heard the phone ring and what is Nora up to coming here knowing it’s his wedding night. They had an arrangement but this was disrespectful by any standards. Even he wouldn’t dare to treat his wife in such a manner, his wolf granted no wife, MATE.

“Please go to her, she’s waiting for you at the lobby.”

“You read my messages, being married doesn’t give you the right to interfere in my business. Our arrangement still stands as far as I’m concerned, mating changes nothing.” Alex didn’t like his new wife’s attitude, she can’t just go through his business.

“I didn’t read or open your annoying phone, she called here and demanded to talk to you, when I refused to told me she’s your lover and she was waiting for you downstairs. Tell her to not call me a bitch again, I believe that word suits her better.” Ari was angry that Alex would make such assumptions about her and underneath it all that she was truly hurt, she just formed a bond with a werewolf who wanted nothing to do with her. She wished he would just leave before she embarrassed herself by crying.

Alex was torn, he just wrongfully accused his mate of spying on him and felt like shit. His on and off again girlfriend was calling his room and disrespecting his wife, normally he wouldn’t care how females go about fighting for his attention but in this case everything in him demanded he protect his wife, his mate.

Spending time with Nora held no appeal but ignoring her might give his new wife fresh ideas about this whole mating thing. He was stuck with her but he saw no reason to be happy about this and he hated that his wolf and mate were now taking over his thoughts, what happened to being equal halves and sharing space. His wolf has never been interested in his exploits and now he has to jump for joy for having found a mate at the early age of one hundred and thirty five years. He might have been excited if he met her in the next century or so.His Father got him into this situation and his wolf duped him into this condition.

While he was busy pondering about his misfortune, his wolf sent him straight to bed, when he snapped back to the present moment, he was holding his now sobbing mate. He tightened his hold and kissed her temple followed by. “I’m sorry for all this Honey, we’ll figure everything out. I promise.”

A moment later he realized, he just made an empty promise.


End Notes:

Thank you for reading please rate and share your thoughts, ops

Chapter 2 by Lindy
Author's Notes:

To those who were able to read chapeter 2 before it magically disappeared, Lol.I've made a few changes and moved Alex and Nora's "little " chat to chapter 3.I tried to get all the errors but I know i might have missed some,  hope they don't disrupt your reading pleasure and If they do I apologize for that. Thanks for the support and Happy reading....

Alex woke up from a peaceful sleep, he was holding something soft and he loved its scent. He decided to sleep longer and cuddled closer to the wonderful scent, his mate…his mate?

Ari looked so peaceful rested next to him, today he looked at her with the eyes of a mate, everything about her called to him, her face, her scent and her skin tone. He wondered if her skin tasted as good as it looked, will one lick wake her? It probably will and then his day will go down the toilet, he better make the most of these moments of peace. Moments he was sure he will miss as soon as little miss spit fire opened her eyes, man he was screwed, if only he kept his mouth shut about his preferences, if only he didn’t bite her. No…not biting her was not an option, it was a need that could not be denied. For today he will be a man who will try and embrace what he has been given, tomorrow he take a closer look into this whole thing.

Ari opened her eyes and recalled where she was and who she was with, the last bit gave her enough strength to fully awake and push away the arm arresting her. Alex responded by tightening his hold on her and pulling even closer, an action he didn’t want to look deeply into but parting from her right now just wasn’t happening whether she liked it or not.

“Alex let go, I need to get up.”Ari was starting to be annoyed by this touchy feely Alex, she didn’t want to be any closer to Alex than she’s already been. She spent the night crying and she thought she was prepared for all this, a marriage that will give her the security and safety she needs so she can continue to pursue her career. She realized how unprepared she was when she met Alex and fooled herself into believing that the sex they will have on their wedding night will give the closure she needs to shut down her deep attraction towards him. It might have worked if the beast didn’t get involved now she was beginning to feel some of his feelings. She picked up on his deep want and need, this must be the bond that the Were mating books are written about. She tried to read as much as possible on Were culture seeing that she it will be a part of her life, even for a short while. She was not prepared to be mated let alone feeling some of his conflicted feelings. The most frightening feeling is his possessiveness towards her, whatever they were going through she knew for a fact that Alex will never let her go. Their tentative, fledgling bond picked up on Alex’s resolve.

Alex was relieved to know that his mate read a few of the books written and designed for humans to understand the Were and others world. They have co-existed openly for over a century and Were life, religious beliefs and culture had been integrated into human society. Their marriage was not odd or unacceptable as it would have been over a century ago. It took humans two generations to accept they were not alone and as much as they wished to continue getting rid of the ‘evil,’ it was a losing battle. Weres, vampires and other were faster, stronger and healed quickly. What humans assumed to be their weakness proved to be useless in times of battle. Peace and integration proved to be fruitful towards everyone. When non-humans found it difficult to continue their long existence alone, they married humans. Some got blessed by Luna and produced children through their union but most gained contentment for a few years till the human passes on. Most humans he met through their ‘husbands and wives’ were happy to live the life they were given, do as much as they can while in this world and then happily pass on. It’s what Alex admires about humans, their need to evolve and acceptance of what they cannot change but they still remained unchanged in many ways, like their morning habits, his mate was no exception to that. “Good morning to you too Ari, I’m giving you five minutes to do what you are about to do and if you not done by then, I’m coming to get you. I’m at my worst in the morning so please no shouting, no arguing, just go do your business and get back here.” Alex let go of her and rested his hands behind his head and gave her the look that said the countdown has started.

“How did you know? Is it the bond thing?” of cause it is, if she could pick on what he’s feeling so could he. How did these people survive? No privacy, she’ll make sure to send mean thought he can pick up on.

“You’re assuming I peeked at your brain. It shows how little you know me, I didn’t have to go that far. Its typical human behavior, you wake up needing to relieve yourselves and so do we but my need needs you to be here, back in this bed in four minutes. ”

“You said five… and why would I listen to you when your own wolf is smart enough to ignore you.” Alex gave her a look that told her stories of what happens to those who defy him, she might not know him very well but she knew enough not to mess with a Were with glowing eyes and breathing like he wants to finish all the oxygen in the room.

“Tick tock, little girl… if you won’t do your business, you might as well get back in here.” That was enough to make her leave without further delay.

He watched walk towards the adjoining room, he couldn’t take his eyes off her bountiful rear, those thick shapely thighs hidden in that shiny thin material called the inhibitor, women called them nighties or so he heard. He never had the misfortune of removing one from a female’s body, they came to him ready. His first experience had to be with his mate, he now realized she was going to be his many firsts. He forced himself to stay put and grew harder with every step she took away from him, the sway of her hips was almost hypnotizing. He followed her movements with his eyes and did everything in his power to stay where he was. His eyes looked at his usual morning state, today will be the first day his didn’t use his hand to relieve himself of the pressure. Being mated had its benefits, he can learn to live with this.

He always woke up horny and grouchy it was part of his makeup, as many lovers as he’s had he never spent the night after the fulfillment was reached, not even Nora had the privilege. Spending nights with his previous partners created a false sense of domesticity he didn’t like and would never encourage but here he was all geared up to spend the day in bed with his mate. Staying in bed and lazing about is one of his pet hates but now the thought and action was inviting. That reminded him, where is Ari?

“Ari, if you don’t want me coming in there you better come out! It’s been eight minutes already. You have ten seconds to finish in there or I’ll be coming to get you 1.2.3. Good girl…now come here.”

Ari couldn’t believe the nerve of this bastard, acting like he’s now the boss of her, why was she doing whatever he wants? “Look Alex, if we are going to have some semblance of a normalcy you need to learn that you can’t be ordering me around like this. You can’t be setting timers on me, do you even know what I was doing? ”

“Washing me off and Ari I don’t like it.” Alex was trying to control his wolf that wanted to remind Ari who she belongs too.

“I washed you off as you call it, last night between your half-baked apologies or didn’t your better half tell you that I don’t smell like you anymore.”

Alex wanted to laugh at Ari’s irrationality but something told him not to spoil this moment. “Honey, I’m being a bit unreasonable at the moment and I apologize for that. My only excuse is my current condition, I’m in desperate need of you. I or rather my wolf bit you last night and now you will forever carry my scent. Before you get angry again, let me explain a little something to you.” Alex truly did not want to talk or explain anything but he realized what it means to be mated to a human. They followed logic and order even in the most desperate of times. Her scent was driving out the little sense he had left, his wolf was pacing in back of his consciousness.

“The cat that forced you to come to me for protection will know you are mated when sees you, the mark will fade with time but your scent to forever mingled with mine. No were, vampire or non-human will assume you are a free woman. It’s a defined distinct scent that only mated couples carry, those who’ve met me and remember my scent can tell who you belong to but the ones who’ve never met me will be able to tell that your scent is not just your own, it’s a mixed one. ”

“So Matt will take one look at me and leave me alone?” Ari was finding this whole thing hard to believe, Matt has been a thorn on her side for almost a year now. Nothing had worked in stopping him pressuring and pursuing her. She couldn’t even bring herself to tolerate him and the man was on a mission to put her in her place. He took things too far when he claimed she is his mate. She and her family ignored that claim but things came to head when she tried to cut all business ties with him.Matteu Savakis tried to take what he believed to be his and Alpha Kostas came to the rescue but his help came at a price. Arielle Duncan was to marry one of his sons, he didn’t care which one she chose as long as her business and her talents remained in his family. Her talents will guarantee him success in the business world and safety for her because no one messed with the Kostas pack.

Viktor Kostas had Nikolas Kostas in mind for his little game, he is the eldest and more obedient son. He underestimated Ari’s skills when it came to risk assessment, she chose a rebel to protect her because she knew in time she will get her freedom back. She was not blind to the fact that they were all trying to take what was hers to give and abuse it for their own benefit. Viktor might not be as obvious as Matt but he was just as greedy. Alexandros heard her plea and responded with a condition of his own, a business merger that will remain even after the divorce. Alex is shrewd in everything and he was not bringing peanuts to the table plus he was willing to keep her safe without making demands on her. He just wanted one night to will legitimize their union, making it more real in Viktor’s eyes. There will be no babies she was expected to produce within the first year as per Viktor’s order. She liked Alex better than the rest of the Kostas men and he was well known for his fairness in business and ruthlessness when he’s crossed. He biggest plus is that he’s not daddy’s boy, he’s his own man.

Alex was truly tired of talking and talking about the useless dangerous males was starting to piss him off. “I’m not what you call a morning person, could we postpone any kind of talk for later, right now my mind is on other things. Come closer, you are sitting too far from me, I need you closer.” Alex did not bother hiding his intensions, the sooner they accepted their new roles the better. Maybe he was thinking with the wrong organ, he just didn’t care at this point.

Ari looked at Alex and saw he was struggling with something, his eyes were a bright blue, his jaw tense and his reached out hand shaking. She had a lot of questions but decided to not rattle the cage of the volatile wolf, she took his hand and he bodily pulled her onto him, he turned and switched their positions. In no time she was on her back and he was on top of her, he ripped her satin nightie right in the middle and exposed the full breasts and everything that her mama and good genes blessed her with. He sat on his knees, between her now spread legs with only her underwear as protection from Alex’s piercing gaze, a protection that lasted a few seconds before claws ripped the tiny material and she was fully exposed. Arielle swore time stood still as Alex took his time in staring at her from head to her toe. Everywhere his eyes travelled they were followed by his hands, he slowly traced the whole body outline, curves, dips, circles and bundles of her body. There was no denying what was coming and Arielle found herself wanting and needing his touch, only his. Her common sense was rapidly living her and being replaced by a deep primal call. A mate’s call she now realized and could not resist or deny his need.

Alex felt Ari’s response to his call, he wished he could say it was just the wolf’s but he is not that much of a coward, his wolf pulled back and allowed the human to take over, allowed the human to see, taste, touch everything that is their mate . Equilibrium was reached, an age old understanding between man and wolf was met. Alex found that the wolf was right, their mate was certainly beautiful. He could not get enough of touching her, her body was soft and her thick wide hips welcoming to a hard built man like him. Her body made promises to him, it promised shelter, acceptance and immeasurable pleasure. Alex the man and Alex the wolf have found where they belonged and more precisely whom they belonged. He has been searching for her without knowing, a true wonder.

His body demanded more than what it could see and touch, it needed the taste as well. His touches were followed by kisses that were chaste, hesitant and soon exploded to licks and lingering deep kisses. Her lips became Alex’s starting point, he found that his mate might be inexperienced with sex but she was second to none in the art of kissing. Alex nearly climaxed from the tongue dueling, it was a drugging experience. He had to pull his lips from hers to continue his explorations, his eyes rested on what has been vying for his attention and rested on the most beautiful globes he’s ever seen and he’s seen plenty.

He tasted each of his mate’s breasts and found the large dark nipple entrancing, demanding more than a passing lick and taste. Normally sex will be fast, hard and focused on a single purpose, pleasure. This was new to him, he thought a century’s worth of experience had prepared him for this but he soon found there was nothing like touching your mate, nothing like tasting her skin and the fluids her body produces. Her nether lips were wet in preparation for what’s to come, Ari was excited by the amount attention Alex was giving to her body but there was still a bit of fear from the previous night’s experience. The wolf took her like a wolf, she barely had time to catch her breath when her body was roughly invaded and released when Alex reached his peak.

Alex picked up on that thought, he wondered a lot about last night now he knew his wolf had created another mess for him to clean up. He now has to be as gentle as possible with Ari, he will make sure she enjoys these moments with him. He was not spending eternity with a mate that hates sex. Alex held on to Ari’s breasts, he kept the touches between squeezing and kneading, he loved the texture and the fullness kept him from applying too much pressure. He sucked each nipple with gusto, each breast was given equal attention and Alex decided to move further down his mate’s body, her semi toned stomach received lingering kisses until he reached her vagina. His tongue ran up and down her dripping slit, he tasted the most divine fluids that were only meant for him, this much he could accept. What he could not was finding the near salty taste that only meant his mate is injured in the most sensitive and delicate place. He told his wolf how much he disapproved of this, if he wanted control he should know their mate’s needs came first. Man and wolf instantly healed the small lacerations on the mate’s channel that were produced the previous night.

Ari felt the stinging subsiding to the point of being completely diminished, what followed was untold pleasure, she reached orgasm before she even knew what was happening.” Ohm… Ale…” was all her she could say. Ari finally understood what the fuss is all about, why people did stupid things for this feeling, she just became one of them. Alex has given her a gift she will keep and hold on to for a very long time, this feeling of ecstasy, completeness was like nothing she ever dreamed of.

Her wondering mind was halted by Alex when he unleashed a new wave sensual attack. Alex had her moaning and uttering nonsense, she couldn’t think, nothing mattered except this feeling. Alex was in no better shape, giving Ari pleasure, gave him pleasure. He held her inner thighs and pushed her open, he couldn’t get enough of her.Ari wanted to pull him closer and push him away at the same time, another climax was hitting her fast. Alex was moaning and the whole experience was making her dizzy. Alex suddenly stopped and she wanted to drag him back. He replaced his divine tongue with his very hard and very thick dick. “Honey this won’t hurt like last night, relax and let me take care of you.”

Alex couldn’t believe Ari had him this crazy, she tasted so good he didn’t want to leave but he needed more. His wolf was still well behaved, the shame of hurting their mate rode hard on it and Alex was enjoying this moment, being in control made this moment sweeter. “Ari you feel so tight, so good…”Ari had her hands on Alex’s chest, ready to push him if she didn’t like where this was going. Alex has always been a dominant lover but now he had to curb his enthusiasm and allow his mate to get used to his body. He took her hands into his and held her down, refusing to be pushed or disturbed in anyway.

“I told you I’ll take care of you, you have to learn to trust me.” he could barely think let alone talk but it was important to keep her at same pace as him. He pushed a few more inches into her and felt her wonderfully stretching, accommodating him and letting him within her. “OH god, oh god …Alex…” Ari couldn’t believe Alex was that deep inside her and she was loving the feel of him inside. Every inch pushed within her, resulted in her being deliciously stretched and forcing her to give moans of pleasure.

Alex was in no better condition, Ari’s moans made him feel invincible but her tightness unmanned him. He was about to scream out her name and end this incredible connection. He decided to take more charge, Ari was meeting his thrust for thrust and making him lose his mind. Her had her hands pined by his and he grabbed both her hands into his left one. He held her in place he reached down and took her calf with his right hand and pushed the left outward forward to give him more access to his new place of worship. He was enjoying the connection he had with her, every touch, her tight channel, her response to his loving and her scent but he was still not feeling whole, he did all of him to share this moment. “Ari, My wolf needs this too, we need to feel you.”

Ari could only nod and she instantly felt the change, Alex felt thicker and his thrusts started being more forceful. She should have been terrified by the déjà vu moment but instead heard herself scream “More! Alex, give me more.” She moved with him, giving him all that she had.

Alex did not disappoint, he increased his thrusts and intensity and each movement brought them closer to the pinnacle. He felt his wolf’s knot forming and continued the rhythmic thrusts. He pinned her and released a copious amount of cum, Ari would not be denied and she reached orgasm letting her body suck all of what Alex could give.

“Alex you didn’t let me do anything, I wanted to taste you too. I want to make you feel like you made me feel. I want to learn how to make love and not just accept being made love to.” Ari could still feel the semi hard Alex inside her. He switched their position again, she was now on top. Alex claimed to be too big for her and had her sleep on him instead. Ari now understood why mates found it difficult to deny each other, she felt compelled to give Alex everything he asks for. To give him everything that he needs and wants.

As morning blossomed into day so did Alex’s need for Ari.Alex has never been in a situation where he took a day to enjoy what was his but a person would think he was a master at it because he did not ask for anything, he demanded and took everything, he took her over and over again. He did not give her a chance to do all those things she wanted. He said he needs to be inside for now, to always be inside. She was so exhausted, there was nothing Alex could do to force her to look at him when they cum, it was decidedly a rule to look at the one who makes you cum.Ari slept and ignored Alex’s demands for one more time, for the last time. The last thing she heard before her eyes shut was “Dammit Ari, you can’t sleep now, don’t leave me like…” She was in deep sleep in seconds.

Alex felt a bit guilty that Ari hasn’t eaten anything before she slept, he wasn’t taking good care of her while she gave of herself again and again. He still wanted her but he can wait, he’ll feed her and have her again.

His mate is beautiful, he loved her beautiful brown eyes especially when she reached her climax, a true beautiful addictive sight. He thought of the early hours of this morning when he left her sleeping like this, the decisions he made that brought him to this point. He had no regrets, absolutely none.
AlexAlexandros KostasArielle Arielle Kostas

End Notes:

Thanks for reading please share your thoughts, theyare a great motivation. changed the charecter picture to the current one. Tyler's image is more closer to what I had in mind than the previous one, I apologize to those who don't share my vision, Thanks again for reading.

Chapter 3 by Lindy
Author's Notes:

I apologize for taking forever to update, thank you for sticking around an your continued support. I will do my best to update at a much better speed when life and other commitments don't call for my attention. Thank you for you reviews and the comments/view keep me going.

This chapter focuses a bit on the setting of the story. it's a world where humans and Were live peacefully amongst each other, human and Were mating are not frown apon but like everything else there are always exceptions, difficulties and challenges. I hope this clears somethings and puts you on par with where I'm taking this story.

Please excuse any errors and typos, I hope they don't interfer with your enjoyment of the story. please enjoy....

Chapter 3
Sunday midday…

Alex walked into his room and was instantly hit by the sight of his mate, Ari had on a beautifully designed yellow dress. It showed of her ample bosom, accentuated her tiny waist and the flared skirt made room for her wide hips and sexy bottoms, the dress stopped its hypnotic flow just above her knees. She wore slightly bright colored high heeled sandals, a beautiful green color that showed off her shapely legs and calves. Alex was almost done with his appraisal when he realized Ari reached for her purse and was ready to go. His wife is a pure vision of beauty, one that he had been blind to a day ago. He didn’t care what her plans were, she won’t be going anywhere, not today. He’s not sharing this vision with anyone.

“Hi, I was just heading out for a bite, I’m starving.”Ari was doing her best to overlook Alex’s tense posture that usually meant his wolf wanted out. She honestly liked Alex’s wolf, he was honest and a straight shooter but not now, her stomach was her first priority and she needed to stretch her legs. The smell of food hit her and she looked at the bags of goodies Alex had with him.

Alex kept sniffing around the room, it was a tastefully decorated suite designed for comfort but that was not what was taking drawing his interest from his wife, it was the different lingering scents. A combination of human and feline, he couldn’t tell if they were male or female and he took a deeper sniff hoping to recognize the scents. He identified a total of seven scents, what he couldn’t tell was the gender of the cat scents. The humans gave of a different distinct scent that can be easily differentiated but the Weres had a certain gifts, where they could hide their basal scents. It only helped when the female-Were is in heat, no gift or medicine could hide that. Ari looked fine and Alex was battling with the need to touch and thoroughly check if she’s unharmed. The wolf demanded he do his duties and the human side of him knew to thread carefully. “Housekeeping and some tech. guys had to repair the damaged phone cables and replaced the phone. Apparently someone hated the ringing sounds and the idea of telecommunication must have raised some hidden cave- man tendencies.” Arielle happily supplied the unnecessary info.

“Well it kept ringing and I was trying to get some sleep so I put an end to the noise. I think the blame lies with the fools who can’t tell time.” Alex placed his purchases on the nearest table, took out his newly bought cellphone and charged it, he then advanced towards his mate.

“It could have been a persistent mistress who demanded what’s promised to her.” That was enough to make Alex falter in his step and face his wife who was trying to hide the hurt he clearly saw in her eyes.

“ Ari , you have to believe me when I say I didn’t ask her to come here, I would never do something so vile . We might have had an arrangement but your place is above that of my mistress, you knew of this and so did she. You shouldn’t worry about her though, she no longer has a place in my life not that she truly did. My agreement and hers were foolish to begin with.”

Ari heard what Alex said and felt ashamed of her actions, she is the intruder here and should have let the other woman have more freedom in regards to Alex instead of acting so possessive. Alex informed her of her arrangement with Nora and assured her it will be terminated if it proved to be a problem between their newly formed merger slash marriage. She was a fool to believe she could go through this emotionally untouched and intact. She almost cried when she woke up alone with no Alex around the suite and that emotion sobered her up and made her decide to spend some very necessary alone time.

“I have no right to make demands after all I budged into your life and you changed it to help me. It is not something I can overlook or take for granted, I didn’t know the seriousness of your relationship when I selfishly demanded help. I was going through a lot last night and I might have handled things in a not so friendly manner. I’m still prepared to stick to the original agreement but that will mean we have to stop doing what we did this morning.” a part of her wanted to scream at the decision but common sense reminded her to act her age and face facts. Alex doesn’t know what he wants and she can’t even for a moment fool herself into believe she will be his choice .

Alex wanted to laugh at her notion and ignorance, did she think they could shut off their feelings and have a platonic relationship. “I’m afraid that ship has long sailed honey, this morning proved that. We can’t have what we promised each other from the beginning, it was a bad idea from the beginning. We fell easily into each other’s beat with much prompting, it should have been evident that fate was at work. The bite insured we can’t separate and we can’t be with other people. What Nora and I had was not what you would call a relationship, we recently became exclusive bed mates and the only real conversations we shared circulated around the next meeting spot. To put it bluntly we both got tired of the preliminaries before scratching an itch so we decided it was best to forgo the unnecessary clutter and stick with what we truly want and that my dear was only real meaningful conversation Nora and I ever had. That’s all what my ‘relationship’ with her was” Alex could see she was having difficulty in wrapping her mind around that idea, his baby had a lot to learn.

“Is this what we also did this morning, am I to take her position and scratch your itch? Without the unnecessary clutter?” Alex couldn’t believe this, trust Ari to turn things around and mess up a perfectly good explaination.

Before Alex could answer her, her stomach growled in hunger and he remembered his primary reason for leaving her while she slept.” Your stomach is complaining, I got you some sea food, a bit of everything you like, prawns, deep fried calamari and fish hake fillet. Let’s eat and then talk.” Ari reluctantly followed Alex to the dining room where he quickly located serving dishes and made good use of them. He surprised her with his knowledge of her food preferences when he produced a blueberry flavored iced tea.

“I also got you your fruit cheese cake for dessert, the beer is mine I know you can’t even sniff alcohol of any kind without becoming tipsy.” Alex’s wolf projected a self-satisfied grin and took pride in providing for their mate, the things you make us do, Alex sent to his wolf.

“Thanks Alex.”Ari wanted her position in Alex’s life declared and defined but she decided not to spoil the moment when she looked at Alex’s face. He looked so hopeful and yet boastful? He stood up straighter than usual almost proud? yes he was pleased with himself about something, but what? Her answers could wait, a happy Alex might be happy to answer a few of her questions.

“My pleasure and honey you and I are now mates, it trumps whatever I had with Nora or anyone else for that matter. I feel a lot of things for you and I believe I just started my first true meaningful relationship with a woman. To answer your question you are not taking anyone’s place but claiming your own beside me. ” Alex pulled out a chair for her and made sure she’s settled before kissing her cheek and sitting on the opposite side of the table. The platters were now full of various sea foods, green salad and some garlic bread. There was very little talk during the meal, mostly focused on her and what she did when she woke up. Ari found the food to be very palatable, it was all her favorite dishes after all and she didn’t notice that Alex was watching her, constantly filling up her plate. Her mind was filled with Alex’s words, was he starting to feel something for her other than lust? Was he falling in love with her? Should she tell him she’s in love with him and has been since they met two months ago? Will he reject her feelings? Could she be that brave? Was it a wolf thing to hate being away from him even for a moment? Should she tell him how beautiful he looked with his beard and mustache? He was such a sexy looking wolf.

Alex was amazed at her appetite but not entirely surprised by her consumption. He truly jinxed the moment because Ari stopped eating when she realized how much food she just ate. “Alex, am I turning into a wolf? Why am I eating this much food? That’s usually your job. You eat for six large people, I’m now eating like you. I don’t want to be a wolf, you can’t let this happen to me.” Panic was setting in, she just had 3 large fillet hake, 2 handful calamari servings and a freshly baked French loaf. She didn’t even touch the salad and didn’t want anything that wasn’t properly killed, bread being the only exception.

“Relax Ari, I told you we can’t turn humans into something they’re not. This not new to you, we have all kinds of books that explain such things and I’m sure you read them before you even stepped into my office. There is a good reason for your increased appetite and you will not like hearing it.”Alex waited for another outburst, when none came he continued.

Alex moved her from the dining area and led her towards the comfortable sofas. He didn’t want to sit far from her, so he pulled her onto him and stayed her on his lap. An act that seemed so natural between them that none of them resisted or questioned.

Alex had a lot of time to think and reflect on his actions, he realized a few things and at the time his first realization was that he was hunting food for his mate in a very civilized fashion. “I would like to say I’m truly sorry for biting you but that would be a lie. Last night I truly regretted biting you and binding you to me but today I realized I would have bitten you at some point, so what I’m truly sorry for is biting you when you were or are less informed about the facts of mating and mating bonds.” Alex looked at Ari after he said this, he wanted her to know he was very much in control, the man not the wolf is in control.

Ari wasn’t going to stress herself with trying to keep up with Alex and his wolf. After everything he said to her last night it will take forever for her to believe that he’s where he wants to be. She could identify with his conflicts because she had similar battles. A part of her wanted to ignore the questions in her head and take whatever Alex wants to give her but her mind refused to allow her luxury of ignorance. She wasn’t foolish enough to believe that after last night and this morning her life will go back to the way she planned, she was in too deep but there was no reason to make it easy for Alex. She knew what’s in her heart and to a point what’s in Alex’s heart but she couldn’t and wouldn’t make it easy for him. People cherished what they acquired through difficult means and she deserved to be cherished. Women came too easy for Alex and at the moment she was no exception.

“Alex I don’t want to spend my breath on this again, it’s done you already said that and believe I already established that you are not sorry about anything. Maybe you were a little shocked that your wolf took the initiative but your wolf can never lead you where you don’t want to go. It’s up to you to figure out why you couldn’t recognize me as your mate and where you want us to go, when you find all your answers I’d like you to share so I will know where I stand. Let’s focus on what’s happening to me, to my body.”

Alex would be lying if he said he was surprised by Ari’s deductions, she’s the smartest person he knows but her composure was a bit of a puzzle. She was not the panicky type but uncertainty fazed her, she hated going blind and right now they were both blindly speeding towards uncharted ground. He would be lying if he said her non-fazed state bothered him, he was happy to be heard and given a chance. When he recalls half of the things he said to her to try and save face after he lost control, the words he stupidly uttered brought him too much pain, he could imagine how his mate feels right now. She is brave and forgiving and that made him admire her even more. What he’s about to tell her might get him thoroughly kicked, again.

He looked at her and for a moment wondered where he should begin. She looked a bit frightened, it must be because of his stalling. The truth is he enjoying Ari’s body on him and it’s a feeling he wanted to keep for a very long time. As much as he enjoyed her scent and her curves on him, he truly hated her discomfort and fear he was beginning to scent, that brought him to the present moment and forced him to focus on her issues.

“There could be two things happening to you and one of them is a certainty and the other a possibility.” Alex brought his nose to her neck and took a long good sniff that put him in a euphoric state, his mind wondered to this morning and how good it had been between them. Before he knew it he was pulling her face towards his.

“Alex DO NOT give me the dreamy eyes, I’m not going to bed with you.”

“I’m not picky, it doesn’t have to be the bed anywhere is fine.” Alex was starting to be hopeful and remembered his resolve, he had to tell Ari about the changes she’s going through.

“Just tell me what I need to know.” Ari was beginning to think that maybe a bit of breathing space was necessary and Alex’s excitement was starting to become her excitement.

“Ok, fine. I’ll tell you what’s not written in any Were culture and mating books, before you scream lies and deceit you have to know that we need to protect ourselves as a race. It is not something we could be open about to humans, despite our co-existence humans have proven to be fickle in their beliefs and stance time and time again. Open and complete trust is only given to potential mates, the mating pair discuss what’s to be expected well in advance and the human involved gets the opportunity to make a wise and well informed decision .Don’t give me the eye, I would kick my wolf’s ass if I could.”

Ari just gave him the ‘continue’ look.

“You are not turning into a wolf but you are becoming an extra ordinary human. In your case possibly an exceptional human, you are an over achiever.” Alex paused to look at Ari whose face showed a bit of confusion and a small frown. Alex thought well good at least she’s not imagining the worst.

“My bite initiated a change in your genetic structure or make up, our mates ARE meant to be our match in every way but that does not mean they become who or what we are. Your changes just become parallel to my nature and there’s always extra that mates discover well after the mating. It’s an alteration of DNA so there are no set standards or rules, the only definite thing is that the mate is meant to be with their chosen and the changes will be to their benefit hence Luna’s gift to the chosen individual .” She kept quiet so he continued.

“It means for me to live a long and fulfilling life I will need my mate by my side, so you live longer. I’m not prone to sickness or disease and now neither will you. I live in a violent world that is obviously influence by my animalistic nature and tendencies so I need my mate to survive in my world too therefore you heal quicker when you are injured. You will move faster to match my speed or completely develop our own, we will most likely be well suited in most things physical. Humans usually develop a little extra ‘gifts ‘because the bite mutates their genes .These facts are some of the things we are taught at a very young age, no one knows when Luna will gift you with a mate but my people always prepare their young for such instances. The bite only actives the genes of the intended mate, mismatched pairs can never get it right. They always emphasized on the feelings that intended mates have for one another and I felt things for you when I first met you but none of them indicated towards you being my mate. I assumed you were not and I just liked you very much. Imagine my surprise when I realized how much I actually liked you."

Alex was starting to feel the need to be inside his mate, his people were right there’s nothing like being with you fated mate. Her scent surrounded him and made him hungry for her, he was trying to be less of an animal but his mate’s skin demanded to be tasted.Ari had to laugh. “You are so nasty Alex, I’m scared, confused and you just want to get into my panties. Not cool dude, definitely not cool. ”

“I totally agree I’m not cool .At all. I’m hot wanna see.” Alex dived in for a hot scorching kiss that left them both breathless.

“Alex please, I need to know. I admit I’m weak when it comes to you but I need to know these things.”

“If you are weak then I’m hopeless, I didn’t kiss you to torture you. I did it because I needed to. I need more of you Ari, always. Talking is plain torture but I will try for you.”

“Let make this short, from now on without a doubt you will live longer, sickness in a thing of the past. You will be stronger, faster than any human being. The body changes were necessary for us to be compatible, we are capable of reproducing and our pups will either be born wolf or human with the same genetic makeup as yours.” Alex was mentally crossing his fingers and hoping she doesn’t ask the second part because she won’t like what he tells her.

“That’s all? The moon won’t affect me in any way? I know you guys howl to the moon and I don’t want to howl at anything, I’m too cute to be that noisy.” Ari didn’t believe it was that simple.

Alex looked at his mate who was batting her eye lashes and smile then frown thing of Matt who wanted to snuff this sexy sassiness. “The moon is now a big part of your life, you won’t howl or anything like that but honey you are Luna’s gift to me. The moon represents a lot to us, she feels like a mother who watches over her children with the greatest of affection and understanding. No matter how strong you are as a wolf, panther, lion even Vampire you get lost in her beauty. Some humans feel the pull of the moon and can’t help but admire what makes us howl in appreciation.” Ari smiled at Alex’s excitement and Alex removed her smile with his next words.

“So now that you know, take off your clothes.”

Ari felt the buzz in her head, she felt Alex’s touch in her head and it was not a gentle nudge. It was a forceful command of an alpha, demanding submission and acceptance. Had the words been said with a different tone, said with a touch of affection she would have complied without hesitation but she fought with everything she had to break the hold Alex had on her, she wasn’t succeeding but the pressure suddenly switched off. Alex relented and when Ari looked at his face she found what she could only describe as a tortured soul. She was too angry to feel anything for him, how did they get here. He gave no warning before he attacked, Alex was just a self-serving bastard and she’ll be damn to entertain his current conflicts.

“Ari it came out wrong, I didn’t mean it like that. Baby, please just hear me out. Ari you can’t leave, Matt is meeting us here and he’s already here. You can’t risk being taken by him. You need to stay near me” Ari cut him off, she didn’t want to hear another word coming from him.

“At least Matt is clear with his intentions, he’s an abusive, manipulative bastard and add would be rapist. There no mixed signals, no misunderstanding and no false sense of security. He will never try to get into my head to get what he wants, he will use force and fear to get what he wants that I know how to handle. You Alex are my worst mistake, my biggest miscalculation.”Ari felt she cried enough in front of Alex, he didn’t need to see her any more vulnerable than he already has. She rushed towards the door, Alex’s shock helped slip from his grasp. She reached her purse and somehow stood by the door instead of opening it and leaving. In all honesty she was more scared of defying Alex than meeting Matt, which said at lot about her twisted mind.

Alex felt like hell, he didn’t know what was wrong with his wolf. He wants to be with Ari and so does his wolf , he planned to spend the day with her but now he’s just lost his mate’s trust. How did he begin to explain that his wants and desires are heightened to an uncontrollable level? He has no control of his wolf’s wants at the moment, how did he explain that if she tries to leave he will react very harshly towards her? They were mated, they needed to be together and he needed to be next to her, always. He feared saying anything but keeping quiet will result in disaster.

“ I won’t allow you to leave Ari,I won’t let you run into danger. I might appear as if I was trying to control you but believe me that’s the last thing I want. I enjoy your spirit, I admire your passionate nature and I’m proud of your independence, so please Ari don’t make me crush all them. If you open that door you will see a monster chasing after you, I’m barely holding on. It is my fault we are in this position but don’t leave, stay and fight if you must. Fight with me, fight for me. I can and will handle anything except you leaving me, I can’t handle it and I don’t want to. ”Alex was tired of messing up but he was not letting go.

“I’m not leaving you Alex, I just need room to breathe. You messed with my head, I can’t begin to tell you how scary that is. I was ready to reap my clothes off to comply with your command. I don’t want to be in this kind of relationship, Matt and your Father offered me that and I ran to you. Now you are doing what I feared they would do to me, I would expect it of them but not you.” is time Ari didn’t bother to stay strong her shoulders shook and she shed tears. Her sobs expressed what she didn’t voice her great disappointment and deep fear.

That was enough to send Alex to her side, he picked her up and went back to the sofa they used moments ago. He held as she cried and try to form words that will make sense to her, words that will better explain his situation.

“We’ve been married for only a day and I’ve catastrophically fucked up. I well over a century old but I can honestly say this is by far the worst mistake I’ve ever made. I wanted to be with you today, the more I held the more I wanted to be inside you. My wolf is impatient with his needs, I can take the time and follow where you lead but the half of me has no such discipline. What came out as a command was supposed to come out as deep unrestrained desire.”

She stopped crying and was now listening to Alex who sounded like he was about to share a bucket load of tears. A sorrowful Alex made her hurt, she did not take delight in his pain. She so wanted to be a bit mean to him and hurt him just a bit.

“I’m learning to be a mate Ari, I will fuck up a lot but allow me a chance to fix my mess. I didn’t come into this expecting to be in this position, I may be you biggest mistake but you are my most treasured gift. I said some things to you last night, stupid things I wish to take back. I should have told you this morning that I want us to work, you are more important to me than anything else. I’m sorry for what I just did and I want you to remember that no matter how much I mess up, I will never, I mean ever command you to my bed. Fight with me when I’m dumb don’t assume I would do something like that to you, I’ve treated women who meant far less to me with dignity. Don’t assume I don’t afford you one, I respect you woman, I adore everything about you. What I say came out wrong and our newly form bond will take a while to find its perfect tone and setting. Please bear with me for now, don’t say such hateful things to me when I fall. I’m like a pup when it comes to love, kick me to the right direction. Don’t leave me, don’t hate me please.”

“Ok Alex but please don’t scare me like that again, my mind wasn’t my own for a moment and that scared me. The thought that you can make me do anything scares me and I take back what I said about you being my biggest mistake. You apologize so beautifully and you are learning to love me, really Alex?”

“You make me do all kinds of stupid shit, this being the prime example. I have no control over myself or my wolf when you are next to me and that sweetheart is terrifying. You are the one who’s controlling me and I love it.” Shit did I just say that, I’m screwed.

Alex continued to slowly kiss Ari until they were both calm.

End Notes:

Thank you for taking the time to read, please share your thoughts...

I meant to put Alex and Nora's chat on this chapter but Ari and Alex had a lot to clear up and I can safely say that Alex has lost the battle, Team wolf rules. Lol...

Thanks again for allowing me to share my passion with you.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2595