My Immortal by Benny Jude Road
Summary:

stories/2209/images/my_immortal__Fotor.jpg

"Your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone
There's just too much that time cannot erase
And I held your hand through all of these years 
But you still have all of me 
These wounds won't seem to heal this pain is just too real
When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears 
Who would knew  such pain could be held by three simple words could hold such much pain in a simple letter.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Friendship
Story Status: Active
Pairings: Original
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges: Random Letters
Challenges: Random Letters
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 5063 Read: 16309 Published: August 27 2013 Updated: November 09 2015

1. Characters by Benny Jude Road

2. You Promise by Benny Jude Road

3. Familiar Spirit by Benny Jude Road

4. First of Many Steps by Benny Jude Road

5. Hello Michail by Benny Jude Road

Characters by Benny Jude Road
Author's Notes:

 

I know i have a lot of stories but this story popped up and I couldn't resist to do a challenge =] 

This well most definitely be a six or ten chapter story so bare with me. 

"My Immortal," by Evanescence 

love 

benny

 

stories/2209/images/michail_Fotor.jpg

Michail

 

stories/2209/images/zenobia_Fotor.jpg

Zenobia

 

stories/2209/images/maxine_Fotor.jpg

Maxine

 

 

stories/2209/images/Sara_Fotor.jpg

Sara

 

 

 

 

 

 

You Promise by Benny Jude Road

You use to captivate me by your resonating light…now I’m bound by the life you left behind.

My Immortal

***

 

The crispy chill of the night air struck my cheek stinging my eyes with unshed tears. Pulling the drawstrings of my hoodie close trying to conceal the little heat within. I quickly struck my hands back into the front pocket of my hoodie clutching them close to my stomach as a way to warm them.

I was shaking like a person with a habit waiting to get my fix from my pusher. All the while fighting with the reasonable side that said Zenobia get your tail in the house this is simply ridiculous.

And each time the wind became strong, thumping me careless and causing a new series of quivers to take hold. I was ready to throw in the towel and rushed to the welcoming warmth that’s resided within my house.

Before I even think of taking one-step my hands brush against the reason why I was out here in the first place.

The pass few weeks I’ve been finding unmark letters resting neatly on my windshield. Within the letters written in perfect script held only one message; you promise.

The first letter I received I had disregarded thinking it only as a practical joke by one of my new neighbors. But as each morning I came out to my car and I found a letter holding that one message. I begin to realize that this wasn’t a simple joke it was becoming a serious problem and one that I needed to be handle.

It was until I receive a new letter that I knew that this little problem needed to be snap in the bud before it escalated into something serious. The harmless letters switched into something that could be harmful towards me.

I woke up this morning and as expected a letter was placed on the windshield. I thought I was going to simply breeze over it nonchalant and put it with the other letters. That was not to be the case. Within the letter in the perfect script that I was becoming familiar with read three words; you betrayed me.

I ran my hand over the letter that was securely placed in my pocket. This one little letter was the reason that the walls of my reserve were built back up strong. Refusing to allow a little cold air to get the best of me. 

I was going to confront whomever this person that thought they were going to scare me into some kind of submission.

I pulled my arms closer to my body fighting against the frost as I waited for my midnight messenger to reveal their selves. I was hidden in between the tall hedges that divided my property and my neighbor. It was the perfect area to be hidden and see everything without being notice.

The neighborhood that I lived in was that of the typical up and coming middle class homes; the lawns kept short, no letter of any sort on the curve, and with streetlights down the lane making it impossible no to be seen walking.

And making it easy for me to see the sick individual who was playing the crud joke. My phone was resting against my hip with 911 on speed-dial, for anything could turn that could be perilous for my midnight messenger or me.

Hours seem to roll into another, and the more that I waited the more I was beginning to think that maybe this was a practical joke after all. When the heat had finally left my body and only the chilling sensation took over I decided to call it a night and simply take this up to the police in the morning.

I moved from my spot when I noticed someone walking down the street and quickly I rushed back into position watching and waiting for the person, so I could get a better look at this person.

In those short minutes the anticipation and fear come rushing inside me; rejuvenating my chill bones with boiling heat. My body stiffen with the unknown feeling of wanting to run or fight.

The closer the person came I could tell the figure was that of a very tall man. I pulled my phone out unlocking it and pressing the speed-dial for an emergency operator. Readying myself before the encounter of my midnight messenger. Whispering into the phone I told them my address and my fear about this unknown man. Give them twenty minutes was what they said and then suddenly my phone went dead.

I watch him walk pass three houses he was only two houses from my mine, and as he moved from that house to that of my neighbor I could feel my heart pounding.

Paralyzing fear caused me to close my eyes while chanting mentally to myself; please not my house, please not my house, please pass, please pass.

I opened my eyes with the hope that maybe some deity with a merciful heart had listen to my pathetic plea.

Shock was an understatement…there were no words to describe how I felt. There under the streetlights he stood in front of my house. His shadow towered over the lane as he did in height, his hair was a messy dirty blonde, and his beard wasn’t thick but very clean-shaven.

His hands were punched in the heavy navy jacket he wore and as I looked him over he seemed clean.

The total opposite of my imagination that he would be some dirty perverted man; never did I expect that he would be handsome and clean.

After all weren’t all perverts dirty and ugly?

He simply stood there simply staring at my house and it felt like forever that he stood there.

I stayed in my position waiting to catch him red hand. I just needed him to place the letter on my car and then I was going to make myself known.

I watched him intently, he looked down at his right pocket and then he looked back at my house.

He took his first step up the driveway and as I watched his features scrunch up as if each step he took was painful.

When he came closer to my car I could see his hand that was stuffed inside his right hand pocket move up holding something within it. That was the entire signal I needed to make myself known.

“Hey!” I screamed from out of my hidden space walk over my lawn.

He turned fully around I could that he was holding another letter.

“Listen here buddy! I’ve called the police and they’re on their way here any minute!” I yelled at him.

He looked at me unfazed by my threats as if I was insignificant to get any emotions out of him. My legs shook a little I looked around hoping that my outburst had caused someone to come out to see the noise or for that matter wake up.  My hand brushed against the letter as if coercing me to push on until the cops arrived. Pulling the letter out of my pocket I held it up so he would be able to see it and to make my point across.

“Why have you been leaving me these letters?”  I wanted him to explain himself to me.

But he simply kept his eyes on me never even glancing at the folded and wrinkle paper in my hand.

His eyes were mystified as if seeing something that wasn’t suppose to be here. His eyes were an enchanting green that was filled with tenderness and dejection that I’ve never seen a man-correction a person to ever experience.

And I couldn’t help but feel guilty in the short time frame of staring into those hauntingly miserable eyes.

You promise,” he whispered with such pain and mistrust that I was dumbfounded.

“You promise,” his voice became clear his face became scrunched together with such a fierce look towards my direction that I simply stood there.

“YOU PROMISE ME!!!” his voice boomed through the yard and sent unknown terror through my soul that I simply stood there in pure shock.

My mind was incoherent as to what my next steps should be or for that matter what would trigger him to attack me. Than I heard the distinct sound of glass being smashed in and the ear piercing alarm of a car-my car.

Lost in my thoughts I had paid no attention to the strange man before me as he took his fist and smashed my windshield.

I jumped back as his fist made contact with the glass as he screamed out his pained words of broken promises. The pain screams of broken promises of a betrayal I know nothing of kept me at bay as I watched him attack my car.

The situation I found myself in I couldn’t deal with it in a normal setting, for the man before me was mentally unbalance.

“You promise me!” he screamed as hurt tears came to his eyes. And I could feel my eyes moisten at his plight.  As his hands slammed again on the windshield I noticed the bloody guised that was his hand.  The crimson liquid washed away the spell that I was in and pushed me to stop this before he ended up hurting himself even more.

“I’m sorry for whatever I did! Please just stop, please stop!” I found myself screaming moving close to him but keeping my distance.

He turned to me and the look that he gave me…could be describing heart wrenching. Tears flew from those enchanting green eyes as he looked at me with such betrayal.

“Please stop,” I could feel those territories tears reveal themselves the sound of my voice sounded so unknown to my ears.

He fell to his knees as if in prayer, hands placed on each side of his head, as his body rocked. Soft mumbles came from his lips broken and weak like the man before me. The urge to wrap my arms around him in the comforting ways that a mother does her child, yet I couldn’t I just stood there watching. Not believing at what I was seeing.

He finally looked at me.

“You promise me…you never broke promises, yet you did…you did…you said you never leave me, but you did…. you promise me Maxine.”

***

Familiar Spirit by Benny Jude Road
Author's Notes:

Thank you for the reviews! I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

I’m so tired being here… suppressed by all my childish fears…

* * *

 

The pain was all I could remember. The raw desperation and distress that mirror his features and voice. The type of pain that words couldn’t describe. Something you’ll have to go through to understand the depths of that said pain.

Something or someone haunted him and I was the one who had brought these strong reactions out of him.

 

You promise me…you never broke promises, yet you did…you did…you said you never leave me, but you did…you promise me Maxine.

 

His broken silent words stuck in my head like a melody of the most sorrowful kind. Most importantly it was the last past that struck a nerve within me. He said a name, not any name, but a woman’s name…Maxine?

Questions manifested within me in wonder of who was this Maxine?

This mysterious woman who was the source of this man’s pain, a person that he had some how connected to myself.

 

My thoughts went back to the police station-more importantly to the sister of the man with the enchanting green eyes.

She was my height and very petite, she looked to be around my age, yet the stress of taking care of her brother seems to have matured her still she would be considered beautiful.

The expression on her face when she first laid eyes on me were that of the telltale sign of familiarity; never changing as we exchange information for my car repair. The look of wonder and unknown was stitched on her features.

I had brushed it off during the whole exchange, but now as I look back more questions begin to form more importantly those that surround on the mysterious Maxine.

 

…you promise me Maxine…

What did Maxine promise him?

***

Weeks had passed and the questions kept building and building. Taking over my thoughts consciously and unconsciously till there was no peace for me to attain. My curiosity growing at the mystery that surround by the man with the enchanting green eyes and the woman by the name of Maxine.

 

I had the information of the sister-her name- her name- Sara that was her name. I had her number…my curiosity could be satisfy if I simply called her and asked to drop by to ask her the questions that took over my ability to think.

What was so hard by calling?

I was afraid.

Afraid of what?

I didn’t know.

It was very childish of me, but I had this reserve of maybe I should stay away and mind my business. That I’ve might learn something very detrimental, for myself or possibly to them, for wanting to know such things.

There were so many excuses as to why I shouldn’t involve myself into, but I had already gotten involve in this situation, so it would only be right for me to know why.

I had picked up my phone and with all the nerve dialed Sara’s number.

 

***

 

The phone had answer on the second ring.

“Hello,”

“Hello, this is Zenobia Mitchell, by any chance is this Sara?”

“Oh yes-yes this is Sara,” I let out a quiet sigh.

“I want to say sorry again for my brothers behavior…he has never acted that way before…and I never thought that he would do such…I mean,”

“No need to explain and like I said at the police station no harm was done,” I said calming the woman on the other end.

“Thank you, I hope they didn’t give you any trouble about your car I made sure everything was taken care of.”

“Oh no, they didn’t give me trouble,”

“That’s good,”

It was silent between us. My body had become taut at what I was going to ask next.

“To be honest I didn’t call about my car repair…”

She was silent as if coaxing me to continue. I let out a long sigh.

“What I wanted to ask you…if you don’t mind me asking…who is Maxine?”

This time it was her turn to sigh, while I became silent waiting for her to either curse me out and hang up or tell me who the mysterious woman was.

I was hoping that she go on the later part than the first.

“I was expecting you to ask me; Maxine was the name of my brothers childhood best friend. Four years ago, Maxine was killed by in a hit and run accident. The driver was speeding down a one-way street and hit her. She died instantly and my brother never been the same since.”

 

I seat there silently, soaking in the story she told me, now I understood some of the pain that he felt, but there was still so many unanswered questions that weren’t answered yet.

“My god, I’m so sorry to hear such, I didn’t mean to intrude, but that night your brother called me by her name.”

“I can see why he did even I thought I was hallucinating when I first lay eyes on you,” she said softly.

“And that is?” not understanding her logic.

“Because Zenobia you look exactly like Maxine…you have that familiar spirit like hers; she was a very warm, loving, and free spirited person. And you have some of that essence, so I can see why Michail thought you were her.”

“Michail?”

“Sorry…that’s my brother name Michail,”

So I had a name that matched the enchanting green eyes.

“Sara, would it be a problem for me to visit your brother?”

“I don’t know-I mean…” I knew she was hesitating to allow a perfect stranger around her brother especially one that looked like his deceased friend. But there were so many questions that needed to be answer and even though Sara had touched the surface of it. Only her brother Michail could answer the ones beneath the surface.

“I just simply want to talk that’s all no questions or any sort and if he doesn’t wan to talk to me I’ll try again another time.”

The line became silent again.

My anticipation growing each second she remained quiet.

“Okay, how about Friday,”

“Okay Friday,”

“Friday…”

First of Many Steps by Benny Jude Road
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the long update. I hope you ladies enjoy this chapter!

The next story I'll be working on is Start Over and that will be a 3 CHAPTER UPDATE. 

stories/2209/images/Michail_House.jpg

Michail House 

There’s just too much that time cannot erase


*          *          *


 


The neighborhood breathed old money. Miniature palaces aligned the street in their own little kingdoms, each one grand and magnificent from the other. A testament of the grand air they must have had in their heyday.


The air of the blue bloods was very intimidating to say the least. Yet, it gave me a clear picture of the source of my curiosity.


I was glad that Michail lived comfortably and that he had a source of financial support. The reassurance washed over me in waves snatching those horrid scenarios of him in some asylum being abused or worst wondering around town unsafely.


Absentmindedly, I started to compare the distance from my neighborhood to his. Even though I was driving, I could see that it was an easy two miles walk for him to get from here to mine.


Which brought on another combustion of questions that needed to be answered. And the closer I was to the house the more I felt like bursting.


Finally approaching my destination, I checked the crumble paper that I had written the address on to the numbers that settled above the grand front door.


The numbers matched.


Turning the ignition off I took the time to stare at the house before me.


The house wasn’t gaudy the simplicity of the design was beautiful then most of the homes that aligned the street. And where each house held an air of intimidation this house held the contradicting air of sadness and warmth.


Flipping the sun visor down to check for any mishaps. I didn’t want their first impression of me to be muddy.


Despite the little incident with Michail’s letters and that I resembled their deceased friend.


I wanted to be personable in their presence.


Inhaling deeply I gather my courage and stepped out of my car taking the first of many steps to this new path that I found myself on.


*          *          *


The interior of the house was the perfect reflection of the outside. It was open and warm holding a powerful air of simplicity that gave it a class all by it’s self.


Glancing over the parlor I quickly turned to my host. Sara seat in the chair with all the grace and pose that seem to belong to another era.


And I seat there self-consciously at my own self, so subtly I straighten myself in my seat in a small attempt to have somewhat of her pose.


It was silent between us as we took our tea that went on for several minutes.


To run away from the sudden awkwardness that seem to hover over us I turn my eyes to the ceiling taking in the beautiful molding.


Allowing myself to take in as much of this house beauty since this might be the last time I’ll ever come close to something so perfect.


“The house been in our family for several generations,” the interruption from the gentle voice of my host broke my gaze and brought me back down to reality.


I turn to her with a subtly smile, for finally being caught in my admiration of her home.


“It’s a beautiful house… the simplicity makes it a rare gem,” I guess she approved of my statement, for she gave me a smile that was warm and made her eyes twinkle.


“You didn’t come to admire the house,” I looked at her as she smiled at me with knowledge of my real reason that I really came to see.


“Will your brother be joining us?”


A soft sigh came from her lips that were so immaculate that I wouldn’t have known she had done such an action.


“His doctor advised that he shouldn’t partake in your visit after his little break down.”


It was like a slap to the face.


I couldn’t help but feel angrier towards my stupid curiosity and myself. How dense could I honestly be not thinking that at the very sight of me would cause him to have another episode.


“I’m-I’m completely sorry, I wasn’t thinking-“ and once again Sara cut me off.


“Don’t apologies Zenobia, I know my brother better than that doctor of his,” she said with a subtly roll of her eyes.


“Michail understands your not Maxine…so he won’t have another episode.”


I smiled at that with a little sense of hope that he might show. But once again I had wished to big, for in the next few seconds Sara spoke.


“But Michail chooses not to see you.”


I seat there dumbfound.


The thought that he might not want to see me never cross my mind. I seat there lost in my emotions of feeling like a compete fool.


The sound of glass being set down brought me back to the issue at hand.


Sara who was the quality of pose throughout the visit was truly showing me herself in front of my eyes.


Eyes downcast and hands tightly clasped together as if in prayer was showing the sign of how old this situation was truly making her.


“Like I’ve told you over the phone…my brother haven’t dealt with Maxine’s death. He was diagnosis with clinical depression a year after her death.”


I couldn’t say anything. There were no words to say. It was the confirmation to some of my theories and speculations.


She continued.


“I don’t know how my brother saw you or found out your place of residence…but seeing you caused something to trigger in his head with him comparing you with Maxine. And whatever emotion he felt at the minute believing that she was you caused him to snap.”


She lifted her head and once again was a woman of pose and grace than a woman that had the entire world on her shoulders.


“What I do know, was when I picked him up from the percent he caught sight of you and he felt immensely ashamed of his behavior. And he wished for me to convey his apologies.”


I nodded my head.


*          *          *


“I’m sorry that you’ve didn’t get the chance to speak with my brother.”


“That’s alright-“ I stopped in midsentence when I caught on the sound of music-correction a piano.


The house was one of those houses where you could hear what’s going on in the other rooms.


I didn’t know the piece that was being played, but it held a haunting sweetness to it that took over my senses sending me somewhere else.


I stood there in the foyer lost within myself by the bittersweet sound upstairs.


“That’s Michail,” came the soft interruption of Sara as she too looked in the direction that I stared.


“Doesn’t he play so beautifully?”


“Very much so,” I didn’t stop myself from saying.


“I think next time you visit he’ll play something more enchanting.”


I turn to look at her. I had thought that she wouldn’t want me to visit again seeing how her brother didn’t wish to be in my presence. A soft smile came to her lips as she turns to look at me.


“This house barely gets any company and I think it would be nice to have tea with someone.”


“Will next Friday do well for you?”


“I’ll make sure Lillian make chi tea for us.”


I agree with her as I turn one last time to take in the sound that the mysterious Michail was resonating.


I left the house with high hopes of a new friendship with Sara and the enchanting music that was Michail. 

Hello Michail by Benny Jude Road
Author's Notes:

This is my Facebook account for Benny Jude Road. https://www.facebook.com/bennyjuderoad/?ref=hl

Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams…

 

.                       .                       .                       .                       .                       .                      

 

Fridays had been my designated day’s to visit the siblings—well Sara, since the enigmatic Michail refused to make his presence known—only acknowledging his presence through the poignant melody that was played whenever I was leaving. Still I looked forward to Friday’s in the company of Sara. Warm conversation in a commune that could only be shared and understood by women.

My visits were no longer out of curiosity, but that of two close friends catching up to talk. I had started considering Sara as my friend—someone who was slowly becoming a very close and dear friend of mine. And I could see it was true for her. Her manners that were so graceful yet coarse had slowly soften each visit and she seem relaxed and open. These visits were not something out of duty for her to entertain, but for her to actually looked forward too.

However, I did not know that the first Friday of November would be in all the simplest way be consider a life altering day. Like in the normal fashion Sara and I were having one of the most delightful conversation about her fiancée (a Mr. Charles Crewe—whom to my delight and her modification and amusement acknowledge The Little Princess references and the irony) when we were abruptly interrupted.

Joshua, was the butler and had been with the family since Sara was three and Michail was seven.

Our eyes turned to the always stoic and collective older man, but the man that stood before us held an air of bewilderment that seemed odd unsettling both Sara and myself.

“Sorry to interrupt but Mr. Ashton would like for you to join him Ms. Mitchell in his study.”

 

***

Sandwood.

That was the distinct scent that took over my senses and wrapped me into a warm cocoon. Belonging only to him. I had no forgotten the scent that accompany the mystifying Michail the night of our encounter.

I tried with the best of my ability to contain the sheer awe of the space before me. Despite my countless visits to their home I will forever be struck by the sheer beauty of the house. Although Sara had given me a miniature tour of the house none of the rooms were as spacious or held the view like Michail’s personal study.

Stepping inside the first thing that caught your eyes were the cathedral windows that gave you the whole view of the backyard that seem to stretched miles and miles.

The high vaulted ceilings added to the opening feel of the room. Rested in the center was a black grand piano the center piece of the whole room.

 Papers flung across the top of the piano and spread out around the floor balled up paper s tossed among them.

A faint smile came over me—as I stared at the source of the music. Coming further into the room I noticed that there was a second floor with a spiral staircase that lead up to there.

My ravenousness curiosity seems to take over in new heights quenching any nerves of meeting the man that held my interest.

The quiet shuffling from the second floor caught my attention the solid sound of feet hitting against the hardwood.

Each step he took caused something within me to tighten and the feeling of pure anticipation of seeing him once more. The tell tale sound of his feet hitting against the steps as he descended caused a ringing within me.

Despite the tumor my excitement to rest my eyes on those features that captivated me so. I clasped my hands together—a habit of mines whenever I was excited and needing to contain myself physically.

He moved towards me still I had not dare to turn in the hopes that he wouldn’t disappear. Although Sara had reassured me that he now knew that I was not Maxine somewhere in the deep recessives part of my mind feared that he would reject me.

He stopped.

Seconds seemed to be merge into minutes.

My hands tighten—inhaling and exhaling my already frizzle nerves. This was the moment.

I turned towards him.

He was breathtaking handsome—as though he belongs in the Golden Age of Hollywood. His appearance was clean, which should have been expected. The warm masculine scent of Sandwood wrapped wrapped around me like a cozy blanket in front of a fire.

“Hello Michail.”

I know that we weren’t on a first name basis; however, I felt that in this strange game that we called life that we had a better understanding to use first names.

“Zenobia,” he bowed his head in a fashion that belong years ago.

His voice soothing…deep…warm.

Captivating.

“Once again I want to apologize for my…ill behavior. My actions where shameful and undignified, please accept my apologies.”

The sincerity was clear in his eyes and his manners were humble. It was so refreshing compared to the superficial airs and the manners of this generation of men—who didn’t even believe in chivalry or honor in the same character.

“I accept your apology.”

In a rare moment a ghost of a smile came upon his lips and a minor light could be seen in those haunted emeralds he called for eyes.

Silence.

The distant chime of the clock in a distance hallway that interrupted the silence and telling me it was my time for departure.

My eyes moved slightly from his.

“You must leave.”

“Yes.”

“Would you give me the honor of your time after your visit with my sister.”

It was something in his tone…something in the manner of hope.

“Yes.”

He was the motive to these visits and I wouldn’t give up the chance to not see him—not after being in his presence. More importantly after such a small and hopeful request how could I refused.

“Next Friday.”

“Yes, next Friday.”

“Good day, Zenobia.”

“Good day, Michail.”

I turned away from him walking steadfast to the door for I knew if I turned back I wouldn’t be able to leave.

Before the door closed the sound of that melancholy melody came forth. With everything in me I continued onwards with the thoughts of next Friday.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2691