Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Girl, some things never change, what have you forgotten now?”

“Nothing, I just came to pick you up it’s time to show you around remember?”

For a moment, Charlie was stunned. Instead of Kim, who had been running late for work, she was looking at the handsome face of the Golden Boy she had been chatting with the night before.

Although she had really enjoyed his company, she had not expected to see him so soon after.
She wasn’t surprised he knew where Kim lived, her friend had explained how small that particular community was and how easy it was to run into people.

Bodi grinned at her, holding up a bag of sweets in his right hand and a blanket in his other.

“These are the ones I told you about, he said cheerfully. I bet you won’t be able to resist them.”

For some reason, Charlie felt like making up some sort of excuse but something in his eyes prevented that.

It seemed he knew she was about to protest because he said:

“Come on, I’ll have you back before 7.”

“Ok, one moment, I’ll just leave a note for Kim.”

******************************************************************


“What. Why are you looking at me like that.”

Charlie squinted and shielded her eyes from the sun in an attempt to look Bodi in the eyes. He had been filling her in about the history of the community while feeding her the infamous ‘Sunny Sizzlers’.

His full, pink stained lips (as a result of too many ‘Sizzlers’) had now curled up into a full-blown smile as he continued to look at her.

“Come here, you have sugar all over your face, I guess that means you like the sweets, don’t you?”

“I do not.” Charlie said in response to his first observation.

“And I guess there all right.”

Bodi snorted, “all right? You nearly bit my finger off trying to take the last ‘Sizzler’.”
And yes, you do.”

Charlie shrugged and felt embarrassed. Although Bodi was very easy to be around, she needed to remind herself she should not be so frank with him.
She generally kept herself to herself.
Too much drama in the past and too much self-doubt in the present could do that to a person.

With the back of her hand, she wiped over her mouth and hoped she had no stray sweet bits spread over her face.

“Close your eyes.” Suddenly, she felt Bodi’s warm ‘Sizzling’ - smelling breath, tickling her face.

It was a gesture so unexpected and intimate it made Charlie jump. If Bodi noticed, he didn’t comment on it.

Instead, he said: “Don’t mope, I’ll buy you another pack and you can have the red ones. I know you have a thing for those,” he grinned before winking at her.

******************************************************************

Sunny Sizzlers were followed by swimming, swimming turned into sunbathing, sunbathing turned into shopping (which inverted turned back into Sizzlers) which then resulted into sightseeing.

That day, Charlie and Bodi covered everything they hadn’t discussed the night before.

And, Bodi kept his promise. He had her back by 7.

7am the next morning.











Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.