Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey Guys, thanks again to the people who have reviewed. Happy July 4th everyone.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter 5

 

~ HP ~

 

            Thankfully the rest of the day was a lot mellower than the morning had been. The office had even been nice enough to through a little party in honor of the newly turned nine-year-old. They had a small cake and balloons and a magical banner that blinked happy birthday. The day had been happily disastrous, and Zora wouldn’t have changed one awkward moment of it. When it became quitting time, the McQueen family did the smart thing and left five minutes early, if only to miss the massive rush that would mostly ensue if they didn’t. Samson had another reason for leaving early but said nothing of it to Zora (who was blissfully unaware of the tension her father had dealing with ever sense he saw her with the Malfoy boy). Everything seemed to have gone according to plan until they got to the elevators. Malfoy Sr. and jr. were already inside of the compartment and inside of abruptly leaving to find another (much like he wanted to do) but the Malfoys had already seen them and he didn’t want make a scene (which he would have if there weren’t children present in the compartment). Samson saw the little Malfoy side-eying his daughter and so he nonchalantly pulled her closer to him. Zora was on the right of the compartment (with Luca in her arms), the two adults stood in the middle and then Draco was on the left. There was silence in the lift for about a minute until Malfoy Sr. spoke.

 

            “ It seems like a congratulations are in order Ms. McQueen.” Zora looked up confused.

 

            “ Sir?” 

 

            “ Your birthday is today is it not?” That caught her off her guard.

 

            “ H-how did you…?” Samson silently gritted his teeth.

 

            “ Inter-departmental note from a women… Mallory Hopkins I think her name was... I believe it was sent to office outside of the Auror Department. It said to wish the daughter of Samson McQueen a happy birthday if you saw her. And isn’t it fortuitous for us, Draco to be able to do just that?”

           

            “Yes father, very fortuitous.” Draco leaned forward and smiled at the bewildered birthday girl. “ Happy Birthday Zora.”

 

            Zora blushed and stared back down at the floor and a quite ‘thank you’ escaped from her lips. She prayed that her lessons with Tonks were working because right now she was afraid that her eyes were going to change color.

 

            “Well wasn’t that nice of Mrs. Hopkins? I will thank her tomorrow for her kind intentions.” And reprimand her for spreading family business around the whole Ministry… 

 

            “ So how old are you?” asked an eager Draco interjected.

 

            “Draco,” Lucius admonished, “ You must never ask a lady her age. It’s rude. You must excuse my son Ms. McQueen, he is very… impetuous.”  

 

            “ It’s alright…” she tried to smile, “I just turned nine today.”

 

            “Ah, so is my son he just turned nine in June. Soon you two will be off to Hogwarts…” The smile he had on his face reminded her of a snake, which was fitting since he was part of the Slytherin alumni. The uncomfortable feeling that Zora had from this morning had come back full force. She wanted out of the elevator right then and there. She hugged Luca closer to her body, which didn’t go without notice from Samson or Lucius.

 

            “ Ah Hogwarts a place where many a great wizard made their own start, Ms. McQueen did you know that your father and mother and I were at Hogwarts the same time?” That peaked her interest.

 

            “ You all were in the same year?” Her father did not mention that…

 

            “ No, but I do remember how proficient your mother was with Herbology…” (Un) fortunately the elevator finally stopped before he could say anything else. They had finally reached the level they needed to transfer to the correct telephone. Samson thanked whatever unseen force out there for allowing them to get out of that damn elevator. Lucius was pushing it and he knew it.

 

            “ Well enough about the past for now, Lucius before I forget …thank you for helping my daughter find her way back to me. Now we must be off.” Samson practically dragged Zora out of the elevator but not before Lucius hearing,

 

            “Oh it was no trouble at all Samson. Anything for Cecile’s girl…” Samson walked off holding tightly to Zora’s hand. She looked back at the elevator and saw Lucius Malfoy and Draco Malfoy wave at them. While Draco was more enthusiastic in his arm movement, it was the senior Malfoy that caught her attention. His eyes were calculating and his movement slow. Lucius Malfoy was dangerous, that much she figured out on her own. She would definitely avoid the pair whenever she came to the Ministry with her father.

 

            Anything at all…Lucius thought, he closed the front of the elevator and stepped back. Draco stood in place at continuing to stare into the direction of where his infatuation walked off in. And then a thought struck him.

 

            “Father, how did you know that her mum was so great in Herbology?”

 

            “All in due time, Draco. As McQueen said ‘enough of the past for now’…”

 

            “DOBBY.” The nervous house-elf apparated into the elevator.

 

            “Y-yes M-master?”

 

            “Tell your mistress that we are on our way home and have the other house-elves begin the dinner immediately.

 

            “O-of course Sir, D-dobby will do it right a-away.” And off went the house elf.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


 

            Damn him. Damn that man to lowest levels of hell. Samson’s thoughts were treading on murderous. Lucius Malfoy…Death-eater. He refused to put “former” in front of that title. Lucius claimed to be under the Imperius Curse at the end of the First War but Samson didn’t believe one bit of it. Those eyes, he would know those malicious eyes anywhere. A person under the Imperius curse had despondent eyes and his were completely active. The night that Cecile died…

 

            “Dad, how did Mr. Malfoy know mum?” Zora’s question brought him out of his dark thoughts.

 

            “Well, like I’ve told you before your mum always had a bit of a green thumb thus it was only natural for her to advance to higher leveled Herbology classes…” before he could finish his thought a familiar voice called out his name.

 

            “ SAMSON!” accented voice rang through the large Bristol crowd. Both McQueens turned around and saw Ando with Hyde. Ando stood there smiling and a wave while Hyde stared intensely. They met up in the middle, which conveniently was right by the ice cream shop that they were walking to.

 

            “ This was happy surprise Ando what are you two doing in Bristol?”

 

            “  Well, we heard from a certain someone that today was a special girl’s ninth birthday so we decided to pop in and say happy birthday.” He looked down and winked at Zora. She smiled at him and then returned her attention back to the blonde beside him.

Ando chuckled and pushed his friend into the ice cream shop. Hyde followed after them with a star-struck nine-year-old.

 

Mod’s Ice Cream shop had become a staple in the McQueen household. They would sit in the window and eat the huge happy birthday ice cream special. Ando and Hyde were supposed to come later. This was their time. Samson got the ice creams and found his daughter sitting next to Hyde, which caused a little twinge in his heart. He was noticing more and more that Zora was beginning growing up, he reluctant to admitted that to himself.

 

In the future there were going to be boys, boys with hormones and feelings of lust. He suddenly felt a little bit sick. He remembered what he felt when saw a pretty girl during his teenage years. He remembered having fantasies; they were ridiculous and impossible fantasies that looking back made him wonder what on earth had he been thinking. He wasn’t thinking and that was the problem. Pretty girls cause something in boys to act in ways that are not always honorable. Zora was a beautiful girl and sooner or later boys would take notice of that. They would have those certain feelings…He could already see it in that ferret-faced Malfoy boy.  Not about his little girl they won’t…maybe it wasn’t too late to have her go to Beauxbatons Academy…

 

            While Samson plotted his mental contingency plan, he watched as the three people in his life interacted with each other while they ate their ice cream. Ando…he owed a lot to him. When he was Japan during the summer of 1977 with his father for a two-month long series of conferences (International Wizarding Cooperation Conference), he helped him to get use to his new surroundings and kept him company when he was missing home. He was at his wedding to Cecile and helped to baby-sit when he temporarily lived in England. He was there with him that night when Cecile had been killed. He was one of his dearest friends and one of the few people that he would  do anything for if need be.

 

Hyde…he didn’t know much about Hyde other than why Ando told him. Extremely bright, rarely spoke, and was training to be an Auror. His father died in the line of duty and his mother was sick up until her passing. That was how he came to live with Ando when he was ten. Admittedly, he was skeptical about Ando being able to handle having such a big responsibility, even though he was older Ando tended to be bit immature that and he liked stay out late and like to drink. Having Hyde around definitely grounded him and, Samson happily thought, made him into more of a responsible adult (he would have never allowed him to baby-sit Zora the way he was pre-Hyde). In some way he had to thank Hyde, he brought out the best in Ando.

 

And Zora. She was his light, love and reason for being. When he and Cecile married in the summer of 1978 that didn’t plan on having children so early. It took awhile to get use to the idea but in the end they were ecstatic when Zora was born. The world then was perfect, even though there was a war going on. As long as his family was safe and happy he could deal with anything.

 

Working with the Order part-time and being a full Auror, Samson felt a sort of security. A level security that was broken forever when he came home late one night to his find his house broken in to and his wife and newborn not there. The utter feeling of helpless when eventually found the love of his life dead in the one place she thought to be a sanctuary being hovered over by a person in death-eater robes. He reacted instantly, but only got managed to break off a piece of the skull mask. It revealed the identity of the man he vowed to have his revenge on if it was the last thing he did, Lucius Malfoy. After the coward disapparated from the scene Samson could hear the cry of a baby. It was Zora he knew, placed under a cloaking spell. Using the Homenum Revelio spell, revealed his one-year-old daughter crying her eyes out, not understanding the situation that she was in. He held his darling girl tightly, thanking Cecile for sacrificing herself while at the same cursing her for not using the same protection for herself. Ando contacted the Order about what happened and took care the funeral arrangements. He made a promise to Zora and himself that night, that he would always be there for his daughter and that he would protect her no matter what. He felt it was his penance for not being there in time for Cecile.

 

The following months were the darkest moments of Samson McQueen’s life and he had to thank his daughter for helping him getting through the grief. For the being the constant reminder that life was still worth living and that there was still goodness in the world despite the great evil that hid in the shadows. Despite being from a somewhat wealthy family he still decided that he would rather work than rely on his trust fund.  Which was why he shifted his status from active to non-active Auror instead of just full out quitting, he took pride in keeping people safe but he could not put his life at risk anymore. 

 

            “Dad?”

 

            “Hm? What is it Zora?”

 

            “You’ve been staring at me for 10 minutes and your ice cream is starting to melt.” She looked at him inquisitively.

 

            “ Yes, my old friend you seemed to be off in your own little world. Is there something wrong?” Ando mumbled while he continued to stuff his mouth with ice cream.

 

            Samson just smiled and shook his head. He began to eat his ice cream and let the others continue the conversation. He didn’t regret his choices concerning Zora and hoped that Cecile was looking down and approved.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


 

            After they group went for ice cream they all traveled back to the McQueen residence and Ando was finally allowed to tell Zora about some of the more hilarious adventures he and her father had during the summer of 1977.  They had a nice dinner and when it became late Samson sent his sleepy birthday girl off to bed. In her dozy state she thought that she could her someone say,

 

            “Happy Birthday Zora, my darling girl.”

 

-DM-            

 

 Draco had been in a blissful daze ever since they had gotten back to the Manor.  The world at the moment was perfect and nothing could ruin it. Not even the house-elves that were always messing up something around the house. Normally, Draco would rip them a part for smallest thing, but not today. People around the mansion noticed the obvious change in attitude and those who served did not know what to make of it. The house-elves were on edge and more nervous than usual. The young Malfoy took no notice of it. He finally had a name to go with his mental image. Zora. It was unique, exotic, and original. He never in all of his years heard of name quite like it. Zora McQueen there was something…elegant about it.

 

She was nervous when she was around him but he was okay with that…because he was nervous as well. He saw her blush when he said happy birthday to her in the elevator. He admitted that he liked that had that he had reaction on her. It made him wonder. It made him wonder if she thought of him as much as he thought of her. All of it was driving him insane, why did she seem to have such a control over his thoughts. Girls were supposed to be disgusting (and they were, mostly) but not her. It made no sense to him. Why was she so different? His heart, when she glanced at him caused a tightness in his chest that he couldn’t explain. Bloody hell, what was this stupid girl doing him?!

 

            “Draco, darling?”

 

            “Hm?” He looked at his mother, still completely in his own little world.  He had forgotten that he was sitting at the dinner table. He looked up from his plate and saw his father at the head of the table and his mother sitting right across from. His mother looked concerned while his father continued to eat with the cold dignity that he always cared around the house.  

 

“ You haven’t eaten anything and you’ve just been staring at your plate. Is the food not pleasing?” She was about to yell for a house-elf until he mumbled that the food was fine.

 

            “What is it darling, is there something wrong…do you have a tummie-ache?” Tummie-ache? What was he five?

 

            “No mum, I’m fine. It’s just, today at the Ministry was full excitement and I guess I’m just tired is all…”

 

            “Oh really? What happened today at the Ministry Draco?” That caught Lucius attention, the spark in his eye, be it a fleeting nervousness or something else, the Malfoy patriarch keep he indifferent demeanor.

 

            “ Nothing much, there was just a lot of other kids there today and one of them got lost and I helped her back to her dad.”

 

            “Oh, what was her name any one that we know?”

 

            “ Well…her name was Zora McQueen and her dad work in the office of Aurors. Father seemed to know about her dad and her mom.”

 

            “ How interesting, Lucius who is this mysterious couple that Draco is talking about?” She had an inkling of who they were, and the longer she waited for a response the more suspicious she became.

 

“ Samson …McQueen, darling.” She made a sound of disgust.

 

“That brute…” Samson McQueen nearly ruined their family, she had done everything in her power keep them all together before and after Draco had been born. Samson accused Lucius of being a death-eater and murdering his wife. Of course without any substantial proof to either claim they had to let Lucius go. 

 

“Nothing of importance Narcissa, the girl merely got lost and Draco assisted her to back to where she belonged. Nothing more, nothing less.” Lucius said calmly. He really wished that Draco kept his mouth shut; he unintentionally brought up old wounds that would never seem to fully heal.

 

 

“  But Lucius that man…”

 

“ It is not important, DOBBY.”  The house-elf appeared.

 

“Take Draco to his room, he will be eating there tonight. Your mistress and I have things that need to be discussed privately.”

 

This was serious, whatever this was. Draco had never been allowed to eat in his room before. Part of him wanted to argue but when he saw his father’s withering stare he kept his mouth shut. He followed Dobby silently, hoping to catch any sound of discourse between his parents but heard nothing. They traveled through the large doors leading to numerous pathways. When they reached his room, Dobby quickly prepared everything at Draco’s work desk and waited for Draco to dismiss him. Draco merely waved him off and stood near the window. When Dobby disapparated, he let out a small sigh and began to stare out of window.

 

A dense forest surrounded the manor, it seemed as though they were completely cut-off from the rest of the world. Whenever looked towards the horizon line he saw nothing but trees and shrubbery. He felt trapped. This was one of the reasons why needed to get away. Durmstrang was his first choice because it was the furthest away from home. For the longest time Draco had his heart set on it. Hogwarts, he felt, had held nothing for him that Durmstrang couldn’t give him. Durmstrang only allowed the best and was filled with aristocratic families such the Malfoy family. Hogwarts allowed anyone with magical talent; it was blood status meant nothing anymore, as his father would say.

 

His father had been on his side when they were looking at schools. He thought Draco should be with other such as the Malfoy family but his mother… She utterly refused; she would not have her son go so far away. She argued that Hogwarts was the best school for him, despite how loosely they held the importance of blood status. She wanted her son to go the same school that his parents did find the perfect Slytherin girl and bring her home. At the time he hadn’t thought about girls at all. They were all daft. The parties that his parents made him attend were boring and the girls (young and old) chatted on like spastic chipmunks. He honestly did care what they had to say. None of it made sense to him and added nothing important to his life. In any case his parents argued over it for weeks, until he finally gave in to her wishes. Draco was Hogwarts bound whether he liked it or not. And for that stretch of time he almost resented her for it but now he wanted to thank her.

 

He finally had a reason for why Hogwarts wouldn’t be such a horrible place, Zora. She was different he could tell. He couldn’t imagine her twittering on like some broken record player. Or worrying about something as stupid as how to style her hair or something stupid like that… Of course, logically he could prove none of this to be true. She could be as cotton-brained as the rest of them but he just couldn’t see it. They only had a small conversation and it was mostly himself talking. She merely reacted to what he was saying. In a polite manner yes but he found himself not wanting “polite”. He wanted…he wasn’t exactly sure…sincerity? Was that it? Even though he wouldn’t ever admit it, the moment she entered his father’s office and smiled at the stupid house-elf he grew jealous…as unfathomable as that sounded. How could she smile so freely with that creature and not at him? A pure-blooded witch such as her self shouldn’t lower herself to dignify…wait a tick…

 

He didn’t know for sure that she was a pureblood. There was a chance that her family wasn’t…no…no…No. He would know if she were...he would just know. Besides his dad wouldn’t have conversed with her mom and dad during Hogwarts if they were anything less than proper status. Anything for Cecile’s girl…That tone he had when he said that was respectful, almost reverent. Draco didn’t know what to make of it. Any of it.  But from the way that things were looking now everything was okay. What he was feeling, whatever it was, was okay.  When they meet again it will be different, the next time they meet the smile he wanted to see so badly would be his. He wanted her to like him. He wanted to actually get to know her, maybe then his mind would finally rest and he would forget about her. He would not allow her to have so much power over him. He didn’t like not been in control of his own thoughts. He also didn’t like not being able to explain why he felt things that he didn’t fully understand.

 

Did she think about him? It would be only fair Draco thought to himself; did thoughts of him race through her mind like she did in his? Draco looked at his plate still left untouched and suddenly felt not hungry. He decided to just forgo everything and go straight to bed. He changed into his sleep ware and oversized king-mattress. The day had been tiring all right; the whirlwind of emotion was taking its toll on the young Malfoy.

 

Before he fell asleep he called for one of the house-elves to come and get rid of the food. He lied on his bed and stared up at his canopy, his eyes steadily drooping and one final thought sent him off to dream land.

 

That Zora McQueen…she’s a dangerous one…I can feel it…

 

-DM-

 

&HG&

 

            She remembers, vaguely that day at school. Three months had past since that odd day. The strange weather that seemed to come out of nowhere, the girl, everything. She remembers that the days after the event in question  people acted as though it never happened. Part of her thought that she made the whole thing up until she noticed things that people would at most times overlook or not care about. The days after school ended were riddled with questions about that day in particular. Why did she barely remember that particular part of the day? Why, whenever she thought she came to a new piece of information did it just slip away at the last moment? The summer holiday was coming to an end soon and so far she had nothing much to show for her efforts to figure out this particular dilemma. 

 

Hermione Granger had a problem. Not a life threatening one, or even a philosophical one. It was about a girl, funny as it sounding. Zora McQueen was a mystery that she couldn’t figure out. At the moment Hermione sat on her bed with a book on her lap. Now if you knew anything about Hermione Granger finding her with her head in a book was nothing new. In fact it was when she wasn’t looking up something that people usually worried. Literature, science, maths anything that tickled her fancy that week. However, for the past few months everything seemed to circle one topic. Magic.

 

She couldn’t stop thinking about it. That day, the bullies, the girl, the weather. All of it seemed so strange, so abnormal. Well, not the bully part. Unfortunately, that was something that she knew well. But the girl however… The one who stood up for her. Something about her was different from the others.  The whole tone of the event was different. It was like the weather itself was reacting to the girls’ emotions. Hermione Granger hadn’t stopped thinking about events that occurred on those last few days of school. She replayed the memory time and time again and could not figure a reasonable answer to any of it. It all seemed too coincidental. It was so frustrating. Normally Hermione loved a good mystery, she usually figured them out in no time but this…this…was different. Of course when she thought the scene in depth she about in a logical manner but, she thought, maybe that was her problem. Hermione liked logic. It was systematic and usually led to the right conclusion. She prided herself on looking at a particular situation/problem and finding the little details that most people missed.

 

From her point of view, Laura and Rebecca had their back to her and she had a somewhat clear view of the girl in question. Zora seemed like a good girl. She didn’t like to talk much from what she could tell during class. But she was smart; given her scores…Hermione made it a point to do some investigating before eventually confronting the girl in question. Being well liked by the teachers and administration paid off, no one suspected when she stealthy went through the student profiles in the main office. She didn’t like breaking school rules (she petrified when she did it) but this was important. Something about Zora McQueen was not normal and she was determined to find out what it was exactly. When she was still on the ground, she could have sworn that she saw Zora’s eyes change color, they looked red a dark red if she were being nit-picky. But it happened all too quickly so she couldn’t be sure. And her father, he seemed to pop out of nowhere, literally. There was no sight or sound of the car so how did he get there so quickly? And the way they left. Could it be possible? Was magic real?

 

All her life she had been taught that magic was just things in fairytales, or on the tellie. It seemed so bizarre but it was the only option that made any type of sense. If she was correct, and she usually was, then what did it all mean? She had so many questions that she feared would never be answered. She had taken a keen interest in the McQueen  girl after the incident and noticed when she tried to avoid her. Her avoidance meant that she was hiding something. Or, she thought reluctantly, could be the result of thinking that she was utterly mental and stalking her. She hoped that her first thought was the correct one but had a sinking feeling that it was the latter.

 

Hermione sighed. Maybe she was wrong about the whole thing (not likely but there was always a chance). Books and cleverness, those were her strengths and social awkwardness was her Achilles heel. She didn’t understand people. She tried to make friends of course; it was only natural that she would like to have a set group of mates to hang with after school and on weekends. The things she liked to talk about no one seemed to have any interest and the only time people willingly talk to her was when the homework needed to be turned in. It never occurred to Hermione that her knowledge of most subjects was off putting. Yes, she liked to raise her hand in class. She liked to show her knowledge that was the whole point of school wasn’t it? Her confidence came off as arrogance. As much as she wanted friends she utterly refused to change herself to fit in. People usually cleared off when she came around and that was why having someone stick for her was so surprising. Especially being saved by, arguably, the quietest girl in the class.

 

Throughout her entire investigation of the girl called Zora she hoped that maybe just maybe she could have a friend. A person that didn’t only talk to her when they needed help on the homework. Or wanted to copy answers off of during tests. She hoped she hadn’t run her off before they actually had a proper conversation. Zora McQueen was an interesting mystery to Hermione one that she would like to get to know better if given the chance.  Hermione heard a knock on her door and saw her mother’s head pop in.

 

            “ 10 more minutes Hermione, its nearly bedtime.” She was about to leave until Hermione called her.

 

            “Mum?”

 

            “Yes dear?” Maltida Granger entered her daughter’s room; she made sure that was mindful of the plethora books on the floor. She swore one day that she was going to trip over one of these books.

 

            “ Do you believe in magic? I mean do you think that it’s real?” that was out of the blue thought Matilda.

 

            “ What brought this on sweetie?” She saw her daughter look down at the book that was in her lap and squirmed.

 

            “Nothing really, I was reading some old fairytales that you and dad used to read to me and it got me to thinking…” Matilda sat on the edge of the bed and took the book out of Hermione’s hands and looked at it.

 

            “ Well personally, I do. I mean the things that can’t be explained by science and math have to happen in some kind of fashion don’t they? The world I think world be dreadful place if there wasn’t some type of mystery left in it. When I met your father I knew that he was the one. Right from the off.  I swear every time that I look at him I get butterflies. Love, I think is the closest thing that human beings will get to real magic.”

 

            “ But what about witchcraft and spells mum, do you believe in that?”

 

            “ Um, I like to believe in that sort of thing. I think its fun for pretend and daydreams. But I if were a witch, I would just zoom on my magic broomstick to work. Or wiggle my nose and make dinner. That would be nice if were real.”

 

            “So you don’t think that people can be magic?” This wasn’t how she wanted the conversation to go, she needed some reassurance. Reassurance that she wasn’t blowing this whole Zora-weather thing out of proportion and that she was not insane.

 

            “ Hermione, I believe that everyone has a spot of magic in them. Like your ability to keep all that knowledge inside of your head and not have it explode. Or, or…”

 

            “Or like when you always know when I need to say even before I say it.”

 

            “Yes, mums have that ability some times, so maybe we are witches after all.” Matilda sighed happily, Hermione smiled but she still wasn’t satisfied. Her mother meant well but Hermione knew that she wasn’t taking this seriously. She kept on her smile and played along. Obviously the only way of figuring out the truth was by talking to Zora one-on-one. Maltida tucked her (how embarrassing she was almost ten for goodness-sake) said goodnight and shut off the lights.

 

            As she laid back on her comfy pillows and clenched her fluffy, stuffed cat close to her she did something she hadn’t done in a long time. She believed in something that logic couldn’t explain. She let go of everything that she knew to be true and hoped that there was such a thing as magic. Real magic. Just for that moment she pretended that she was a witch. That she could cast spells and flying on a broomstick, mixing potions. It all seemed so utterly fantastic. Slowly as she drifted off to sleep realized how heartbroken she would be if all of what she hoped had been just a fantasy.

 

&HG&

 

 

Where is the safest place for child to hide? In a closet? Or perhaps underneath a bed? or even under a set of comfy covers? While those are all good hiding places one could argue that that the best place for a child or even a grown up to escape to would be to a place where they have full control. What better place could there be than in a dream? In a dream they a person could anywhere, do anything, and be anyone that they choose to be. The road to dreams depends on the potential dreamer. For the unassuming and innocent, the path is easy enough. For those who have suffered greatly or even caused great anguish the path is often riddled with obstacles. Obstacles that sometimes are doused with unmentionable horror.  Thankfully, these traumas can be overcome with a strong will and a brave heart.

 

While dreaming is the best place to getaway, it cannot last forever. The reality of the world is too great for it to be otherwise. Some people would choose to deny it while others accept and brace themselves for the truth. Slowly but surely the things that will define bits of who we are and who we will be will come to pass. Time itself reacts differently depending on your status in life. For a parent, time moves too quickly and there never seems to be enough. For a child, time never moves fast enough and it seems that an eternity must pass to move foreword. And depending on who are when you’re old enough, the view of time can be that it feels just right or still too fleeting. That is the difference between a person who regrets and one who lives….

 

Being in a different plane of existence you are allowed the privilege and the utter disadvantage of knowing how things may turn out. A tear fell from the weeping angel’s eye.

 

“Happy Birthday Zora, my darling girl…”

 

 

 

~ HP ~

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks again for reading. Remember: I'm like Tinkerbelle, I need clapping (or in this case reviews) to live. lol







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.