Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Since this story was so done long ago, anything after chapter four has just been me winging it. LOL. I never expected this to be anymore than those few chapters, but everytime I try to wrap it up little things just get in there and pull me back. Let's see where this all goes shall we?

The song for this chapter is I Love You from Sarah McLachlan's Surfacing album. It is one of the most beautiful songs ever. It's so simple but profound and to me that is an essential trait in JoVan's relationship. The outside forces were the complicated but what they had was simple and true. Enjoy.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Sunlight poured through Evangeline's bedroom windows casting intermittent shadows on the lovers entwined in bed, utterly spent from their morning activities. It was the sun beaming down on Evangeline's exposed calves that stirred her from the most peaceful sleep she'd had in a long time. She opened her eyes slowly, enjoying the comfortable weight of the detective on her body with her legs still wrapped around his torso. His head was nestled between her neck and collarbone and she marveled at the rise and falls of his strong muscular back and soon found herself following the rhythm of his breathing with her own.  His arms were resting lazily, but possessively, on either side of her. Even in sleep he always stuck his claim, even before this morning happened. The lawyer couldn't believe how obtuse she could be sometimes, why someone as smart as she could not always see what had been right in front of her eyes.

Her nether lips quivered instantly as she wriggled under her lover's frame to redistribute his weight a bit and his already semi-erect state, which was still burrowed deeply inside of Evangeline's slick folds. A pleasure filled grunt signaled John coming out of his unconscious state. "You feel so good," he murmured as he tightened his sideways hold on Evangeline. His eyes were still closed but his body was already moving on its own in gentle strokes. He found the sweet spot on Evangeline's neck and used his tongue and lips to tease out the orgasm as he continued rocking her softly into nirvana. It was meant to be short and sweet. John wasted no time in coming soon after. Without breaking the connection Evangeline rolled over so that she was on top of John.

Their eyes met and Evangeline felt the events of the past few hours settle into her heart. This was real. John and Evangeline were real. She almost felt like a schoolgirl who would sit at her desk writing out her crush's name over and over in her notebook. That's how giddy she was.  It almost seemed to be good too be true to be this happy; specifically that she was allowing her happiness to be attached to another person. It was scary but here he was, still buried deep inside of her, the intensity of his love for her burning into her soul from those beautiful eyes. She had taken the leap long ago, but in this moment, it felt like this was the point of no return. 

Suddenly remembering John's earlier request, she opened her mouth to happily oblige him but what came out was something entirely different and years later when they were well into the latter years of their marriage, John would still remember it as one of the most touching and humbling moment of his life.

"I have a smile, stretched from ear to ear. To see you walking down the road," Evangeline began crooning softly, her beautiful voice already conveying the depth of her emotions. John was immediatey captivated.

"We meet at the lights, I stare for a while. The world around disappears. Just you and me, on this island of hope; a breath between us could be miles. Let me surround you, my sea to your shore. Let me be the calm you seek. Oh and every time I'm close to you, there's too much I can't say. And you just walk away. And I forgot to tell you: I love you. And the night's too long. And cold here without you. I grieve in my condition for I cannot find the strength to say I need you so."

Evangeline could feel her throat starting to close as she watched the tears well in John's eyes and trickle down his cheeks. She didn't know what came over her, but she for some reason she needed him to understand that she understood him more than he thought. That she had felt those things too, even as she accused him of not feeling...not loving her. It was the revelation of his past reconciled with his present that forced Evangeline to admit that she needed to make her own amends with him. To practice what she preached. If she had to sing out her feelings like a fool, then so be it. It wasn't the first time she had put herself out there in song and it would not be the last. It would become "their thing."

There was a silence that hung in the air both waiting for the other to say something.  John pulled his face into his hands.

"That was beautiful." 

Suddenly feeling bashful her cheeks reddened underneath her brown overtones. "Thank you. I...didn't forget."

John shook his head. "No," he agreed. He brought his lips to hers and slipped his tongue inside of her mouth sucking on her bottom lip. "Promise me you'll sing for me every night," he demanded against her lips.

Evangeline laughed at the double entendre. "Very cute McBain. Only if you sing right back."

John paused and pulled away for her, his eyebrow slightly raised in amusement. "Oh, you don't want me to do that. You'll never let me touch you again."

"I don't know detective, you sound just right when you have my name on your lips," Evangeline countered, enjoying the fact they had always moved fluidly from one mood to the next.

"I love you, Vangie."

The attorney rolled her eyes at the childhood nickname but smiled brilliantly at the words she would never tire of hearing from him. "I love you Johnny Mac." Evangeline finally released herself from John and almost changed her mind at the way his manhood slid deliciously from her center. But she was hungry and if they were going to be doing this for the rest of the day they were going to need some energy.

John tried not to be disappointed at the sudden loss when she hopped off the bed. They would have forever to make love. He would make sure of that. But his stomach was growling and he was pretty sure he could convince Van to feed him one of her soul food breakfasts. It was only a little after two in the afternoon, he had all day.

"Let's get clean," she said as she dragged him from her bed.

John eyed her beautiful nude body and took her hand as they walked into the bathroom. "You mean let's get dirty."

The door shut on Evangeline's laughter.

 






Chapter End Notes:

I guess the fact that 940 plus views have been made in such a short time on this story should suffice my thirst for feedback. But it doesn't! Here's an extra clue...please review:-)







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.