Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

MA rating. Strong language. Adult sexual situations. Based on True Blood series. Characters belong to HBO, Alan Ball, Charlene Harris. Story lines are from the show infused with my own take on things. Enjoy and don't forget to give your reviews. Thanks.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 4: Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place

 

  Tara

I've had enough of this town, it's vampires and it's mutha fuckin' witches. Thanks to Marnie, me, Lafayette and Jesus are in deep steaming dog shit trouble with Eric and now with his far-up-his-ass most pissed off lackey Pam. Last night Marnie was supposed to reverse the spell she'd put on Eric. Instead she gone put a rotting spell on Pam. Shit. If there's anyone in this goddamned town who pride themselves on just their looks more than Renard County beauty queen, its that gucci fanger. Now that her face is falling off bit by bit, she's pissed as ever and is coming after me, Lafayette and Jesus. Now like a goddamed escape convict I'm on the run and I have to be looking over my shoulder every fucking second.

I wish I could take my ass outa this town and high tail it to New Orleans. But there ain't no use goin' back there after I done broke up with Naomi. Yeah, that's right, I ended it between us. Wasn't somethin' I wanted to do. It was something that had to be done for some time now. Now that her life has come under threat, it was gonna be now or never.

It was just a mere twenty minutes ago that my whole existence nearly came to a halt right here in this parking lot. This parking lot is filled with many memories. It is part of Merlotte's where I once worked out of and fell in love. It is the place of horror where Miss Jeannette's heartless body laid in the back of Andy Bellefluer's car. It is the place of sorrow where I watched someone close to me die. It is the place where I was rescued from a psycho vampire, Franklin. A year ago, I came here and mentally said my last good-bye. I should've never come back.

Me and Naomi were in the parking lot after having dinner at Merlotte's when Pam appeared and attacked us. While she had Naomi on the ground, I found a metal pipe lying on the ground nearby and hit her across her head with all my might. I hit her so hard a piece of that blond fanger's scalp and hair went flyin'. But, that didn't slow down her none. She barely flinched. She turned her attention to me givin' Naomi enough time to run away. With one hand she held me up by my neck up clear off the ground as if I were a rag doll. Then slowly she tightened her cold fingers around my neck, choking me, snuffing out my life. As my legs dangled helplessly, I felt the energy begin to leave my body. I thought I was going to die right in that parking lot.

As luck would have it, a group of curious on-lookers began taking pictures and filming everything. If it weren't for them, I would've been fuckin' history. Not wanting to be recognized by the Authority, the vamper bitch set me down nice and easy but not before making a final promise to hunt me down and kill me even it takes years. Then, in a blur, she was gone and I was left on the ground gasping for air. Air never tasted sweeter.

It is one thing to be sucked up into this shit of a mess, but it is entirely another thing when someone else you care about too get caught up in it. And why should she? Naomi had nothin' to do with my shit. I couldn't forgive myself if she got hurt or worse died all on account of me. Which is why I finally made up my mind and ended it with her. It was damn painful to be the one to rip her heart out and hand back to her. It was hard for me to do it but it was a long time comin' and tonight's attack was just the catalyst. All I hope for is for her safety.

Me and Naomi, truth is, there was no real love between us. In the beginning, we were attracted to each other and the passion we had was like a blazing meteor that burnt hot and bright but not for long. But, while it burned, I found tenderness. Being a rape victim, tenderness seemed a good thing to have, even if it came from a woman. I moved in with her and things went well for a while. Then gradually I began to see more sides to her. Some of which were good, some, well, not so good. Besides being a wonderful caring and sweet companion, she was controlling, aggressive and short tempered.

Normally I wouldn't put up for shit like that but I was so bent on makin' us work that I made things slide. After five months goin' on six, I realized that it was starin' in my face all along that waitin' around for love wasn't gonna happen.

I am to blame for all this. I should've ended it between us a long time ago instead of stringing it out and givin' her false hope. I kept tellin' myself that if I stuck this one out, I'd be doin' somethin' right for once in my fuckin' life. I was wrong.

Now I have no place else to go to. I need a place to hide at least until dawn. I have a feeling Pam will be back. Even if I could somehow get to the Stackhouses', it's no good stayin' at Sookie's. She's traded our friendship for another vampire. Yeah, Eric Northman is living with her. He has his own cubby hole in her basement. Fuck, what's the deal with her and vampires anyway. First Bill and now Eric. Two days ago when I was at her house pouring my heart out, Eric was in her basement all this time and she didn't tell me. Shit, I don't know where I stand with Sookie anymore. I thought we were friends. It hurt to see that she has chosen that ass-hole over me, even after all the things he did to her. While he stood there looking like he was clueless, I reminded her of how he'd sold her out to Russell Edgington a year ago. Still, that didn't make a fucking difference. Well, I wasn't gonna stand around to see what Eric would do to me, so I fucking ran. I can't fucking believe I left New Orleans for this.

Fuck! What am I gonna do now? My car is at Lafayette's and Momma's house is six miles away. There ain't no sense in going back into the restaurant. A public establishment offers no protection from vampires. They can enter and leave at will. Maybe Sam is in his trailer. I'll beg him to let me stay at his place for the night. At the crack of dawn I'll go back to Lafayette's and pack up and leave, and this time for good.

~0*0~


 

Many hours before

Tommy was in Sam's trailer all day. Moments after waking up late in the morning, he made a huge discovery. He discovered that he could shape shift into humans. He wasn't aware that he'd just inherited his new ability. He was no longer just a shifter, he had become a skin-walker. This meant he could now shift into any living animal on earth, including human beings. According to legend, a shifter becomes a skin-walker only by killing another shifter. How he became one? It was from him killing his shifter mother two nights ago.

It began when he went to visit his mother and was attacked by his father, Joe Lee who wanted to enslave him once again. But, Tommy had grown tired of that life and retaliated killing his father in the process. In the fracas and confusion, he killed his mother too. He never wanted to harm his mother, ever. He loved her and now she was gone. Frightened and completely beside himself, he turned to the one person he knew he could rely on. Sam.

Although Tommy and Sam were barely on speaking terms, Sam didn't hesitate in taking his younger brother in for he realized how confused and devastated his younger brother must have been after killing his parents in self-defence. He decided to help him, and that he did. He went as far as helping him get rid of the bodies. Feeling no emotional ties to his birth parents, Sam became the calm force and drove Tommy's van with the bodies in back to the swamp. It took them two hours to get there, to that dark and secluded location outside of town. One body after the next the brothers hoisted their parents into the crocodile infested water. Then within seconds, the toothy lords of the murky depths pulled the bodies under.

~0*0~


The first thing that came to Tommy's mind the second he opened his eyes in the morning was his mother's face. Although killing her was all but an accident, he couldn't bear the images of her body sinking into the watery abyss, never to see her again. Feeling terrible for what he'd done, he got up and stumbled over to the full-lenght mirror. He looked at himself and hated what he saw. He wished he never existed. He wished he was someone else. He wished he was Sam. Then, it was as if the rest of his body was in tune with his thoughts when he suddenly and uncontrollably transformed into Sam. He freaked when he saw an image of Sam looking right back at him in the mirror. After he calmed down a bit, he checked himself out closely and realized what had happened. He realized he had the ability to shift into humans. He realized that with such abilities, he could do so many things. Devious things.

Responding to a call from his rentals burnt up in a fire, Sam called Tommy and asked him to open up his business. Tommy was glad for the opportunity to put his powers to test. Looking like Sam, he opened up Merlotte's and everyone whom he'd encountered there was none the wiser. Tommy was pleased with his newly found powers. Then hours later, out of the blue, Luna dropped by unannounced at the trailer. Wanton, she threw herself at Tommy thinking he was Sam. At first he tried to resist her advances, but she was insistent, popping her breasts out of her dress and pushing her tongue down his throat, he gave in, and with pleasure.

 

Tommy

Woowee! I just slept with Luna an' got away with it! Man, was she sweet. I can't imagine I got to sample that hot body before Sam did. Ha, ha. I didn't know where this came from, but I can shift into humans. This is fucking awesome! I can be anybody ah wanna be an' do whatever I wanna do. Shit, I could walk into a bank lookin' like one of the managers and sneak out with a shit load o' cash, go to his house, eat his food, screw his wife an' walk away clean.

But tonight was priceless. I fuckin' got away wit murder. Shit, she was smokin' hot I wanted to ride her some more. But when mah insides started doin' some weird shit, I figured I'd better send da bitch packin'. I fuckin' felt like I was gonna change back into me an' ah didn't want mah cover to be blown. Besides Sam coulda come walkin' through the door at any moment so it was best I ditched da bitch. She didn't like it one bit. She was pissed as hell. The last thing she said befo' she ran was, "fuck you Sam Merlotte!". Ha! The stupid bitch didn't suspect a thing.

Afta she left, ah willed the feelins away an' it fuckin' worked. Ah wonder how much longer ah can stay this way. Ah think I'm gettin' a hang o' this. Ah jus' need ta git a hang of da walkin'. Startin' tomorrow, ah gonna put dis new power to real use. Ah gonna call up dat energy prospector first thing in da mornin' so he an' Maxine Fortenberry had ourselves a meetin'.

Who the fuck is that at the door?

 

~0*0~


Tara's nerves were on edge. Every part of her body trembled. Her heart was beating so fast it felt like it hummed in her chest. Even her eyeballs shook in their sockets she had to steady them with a light touch of her fingers.

Fear. Can it be measured? Fear of a drunk mom who is about to beat you. Fear of a cold hearted vampire tying you to a bed before he chokes you and rapes you. Then there is fear of dying.

Death was the last thing Pam had promised Tara before she ran away from the flashing cameras of curious on-lookers. Tara will never forget Pam's final words, "Maybe ten minutes from now or ten years, the moment you're safe I promise I will hunt you down and fucking shred you like confitti."

On her way to Sam's trailer, Tara didn't care about the dark blue car zipping past her nor did she bother to question why it was driving from the back Merlotte's, as patrons seldom parked their vehicles behind the restaurant especially when there was always ample parking in front. In any case, if Tara gave a damn as to who was behind the wheel, she wouldn't have known it was Luna. She had never met the woman before. All that mattered to her at that very moment was whether there was any sign of life in the trailer. Seeing a soft glow of lights through the windows and dark shadows moving about, she knew someone was in and quickly ran up the wooden steps and stood before the door. She rapped her knuckles on the door firmly and urgently.

The door suddenly flew open.

...

"Tara? What you doin' here?" Tommy asked standing at the threshold. Tara completely caught off guard, looked back at him, believing he was Sam.

"Sam. Hey, I need your help." Tara replied hurriedly.

 

Tommy leaned in closer to her and glared at her. Tara didn't like the way his face was set. Like that of a cat who had a canary in his sights. Right away she picked up something different about the person she thought was Sam. For one, his stance was different. When he moved, he rocked side to side, throwing his legs out from under him without bending them at the knees.

 

"Help? What kinda help?" Tommy snided and cocking his head to one side.

 

Besides his voice sounding unusually different, something else was off. Whoever it was standing before her may have looked like Sam but did not smell like him one bit. A pungent heavy blend of metal and sulphur emanated from him. The closer he got, the more she wanted to leave.

 

"Uh uh. Something doesn't smell right." Tara said and backed up. Following her raw instincts, she turned around and headed for the steps.

Tommy stretched out and roughly grabbed her wrist.

 

"What's da hurry sweetie. Ain't ya glad ta see me?" he said.

Sweetie? Sam never called me that before,Tara thought inwardly. She was convinced that he was not Sam. Since returning to Bon Temps, she had seen first hand necromancy being practiced. She also had seen possessions and so began to wonder whether Sam's body had been inhabited by some unsavory spirit. If that were true, how come he would smell different. She wasn't sure and was not about to prove nor disprove her notions. Instead, she could only think of getting away.

 

"I-I gotta go. So, p-please, let me go." Tara nervously replied.

 

Hearing the fear in her voice and feeling the quicken pulse in her wrist, Tommy became aroused and tightened his grip on her even more. Though the urge to shift had subsided, he had other urges. From the blatant bulge in his crotch, Tara could tell that he planned on feeding those urges.

Twisting her arm in a desperate attempt to get away, Tara found it was futile to struggle for his grip was strong.  Tommy had always wanted to have sex with Tara. Her pretty face and hot body plus her fiery attitude appealed to him from day one. He felt that this was his moment and wasn't about to pass up on it. However, it was obvious that the situation for Tara had quickly digressed. Also, the scenario had become all too familiar.

Knowing what she was up against, she weighed her options. If she obliged and followed him into the trailer, she knew it would ensure her safety from Pam. But, it would come at a huge price. She knew it would be useless fighting him off and at some point she'd have to submit to his will. Submitting to him would mean her having to sleep with the creep and she promised herself a year ago that she wasn't going to put herself in that kind of situation ever again. So it was either she put up a fight or play along.

It was obvious that he was much stronger and had a greater advantage over her. He could easily pick her up and carry her inside if he choosed to be brutal. Experience told her that the first thing any captor would want to do is get his victim behind closed doors, but, she wasn't going to let that happen because she knew her chances of escape would be next to nil. So she went with the latter and knew she had to come up with something, fast.

 

"Baby, you know I like it rough." Tara purred, putting on an act she hoped he wouldn't see through.

"Wha..?" Tommy said confused.

"Yeah, you know I do." She added licking her lips seductively.

 

The moment his guard had slipped, though slightly, she saw it as an opportunity. Bringing her knee up in a quick snapping motion, she made contact with his groin. He let go of her and doubled over in pain. She kneed him again but this time in the face. He yelled "Ahh" holding his crotch and bloodied nose.

 

"Git back here, fucking cunt." Tommy screamed angrily while he coughed and rolled side to side on his back while holding his bruised gonads. Having complete control over a human form was proving to be more difficult than when he is in a less complex form.

 

Tara hadn't gotten very far.  In fact, she was less than ten feet away from the trailer when she let out a sharp scream. She was suddenly grabbed from behind. Almost out of nowhere, Pam appeared bringing with her a heavy rancid scent of rotting flesh. She'd returned to finish the job she'd started in the parking lot moments ago. Holding Tara by the neck, she pulled her in close tightly. Then she said through a fanged grin against her ear,

"Told you I'd be back. Ah, it's so nice not having pesky little humans and their fucking phone cameras. Slowly draining you without interruptions will be oh so fun. And look who else has joined the party." Pam said as she turned her attention to Tommy struggling to get to his feet.

"What happened to your juicy yellow tail?", she asked Tara as she was expecting to see Naomi.

"G-gone..she's...gone." Tara stuttered, relieved that Pam hadn't gone after Naomi first. She knew by this she would've been on the highway heading north of here.

"Aww, too bad. She smelled delightful when I straddled her just a while ago. But your shifter boyfriend here will have to suffice. It's been a while since I've been in a threesome with a guy in it."

 

Diversion, create a diversion Tara thought to herself as Pam's cold fingers dug into her soft cheeks.

"He ain't into chicks.." Tara blurted out.

"Wha'? Sez who?" Tommy chipped in defensively, seemingly forgetting Pam's presence.

"You can't even get it up.." Tara threw back when all the while her heart hammered away in her chest.

"Shut up, ya stupid cunt!" Tommy yelled back. He groaned when he tried to stand up. He was in a lot of pain and was beginning to wonder whether something had snapped when she kneed him there.

"Oh for fuck sake, will you two shut the hell up!" Pam finally said annoyed at the two humans bickering back and forth but did not notice Tara slowly and quietly release a leather clasp about her belt.

 

~*0**0*~

                                                             

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.