Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Graphics and images belong to respective owners. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 




Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi everyone, resposting this story under my new account. Other stories are on the way too. Thank you everyone from the previous account for the support and I hope you continue to do here too!

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

birds

 

 

She knows him and he knows her. They have traipsed the same common circles but their paths have never intersected. She acts with cool disregard whenever his name is bought up. The truth is she kind of hates him for never seeking her out, for not giving her the attention she believes she is due.

But there is nothing she can do. So she gives him very little thought in return.

So when they finally meet in a crowded room, she can’t help but feel amazed. The reality of him is quite different. He is not as lanky as she remembered him to be. His body appears to be long and muscled but he is not lean at all. He is broad shouldered, solid and immutable.

The curly hair is gone. He has shaved it down to stubble, which is light brown in color. She could still conjure the feeling of running her hands through those tangled curls, even though it has been so long ago.

When she approaches him to say hello, he is formal, giving her only a polished sense of regard. She tries not to show her disappointment. She knew him as the cocky, confident boy of nineteen. It is as if in five years, he has aged drastically, become more adult than anything Dana could ever be connected with.  She can feel a grudging resentment course through her.

He leans down to talk her, which she hates. She in turn speaks in a tone of ingratiating sunniness, something she knows he probably hates. She touches his shaved head, teasing and making jokes, laughter bubbling out of her, taking delight in the grim expression on his face. His voice is clipped in response, he barely smiles. He gives the impression of impatience barely contained.

And yet, standing in his shadow, she feels a tidal wave haul through her body, a flock of birds erupt in the air. He is beautiful. He is the most beautiful man she has ever met. She knows then, as if her destiny has been tattooed in her skin, that he will be one of the great loves of her life. Perhaps the greatest.

When she has to leave, allowing him to return to the conversation she interrupted, she does not look back. His image is forever engraved in her.

 






Chapter End Notes:

More on the way :) Cast pics will be posted soon as well.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.