[Reviews - 120] starstarstarstarstarPrinter
Summary:

Guinevere has triumphed over test and difficulties she never expected and crossed the southeastern border of Camelot into strange lands. Having lost everything upon which she had hoped to build her new life without friends and family how will she survive?

It has been a mere two weeks since Guinevere departed Camelot in a cloud of scandal and shame and the ripples of events of that fateful day are only starting to be felt..How will King Arthur and the knights of the round table cope with a hostile nobilty bent on using the actions of Guinevere and Lancelot against all common folk?

stories/1992/images/GwenAlone05ChamberSized.jpg


Rated: Teen or Above
Categories: Primetime Television
Characters: Guinevere
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Action-Adventure , Fantasy, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: Gwen/Arthur (Merlin)
Warnings: Adult Situations, Original Characters, Work in Progress
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 66948 Read: 83331
Published: January 26 2012 Updated: August 16 2012
Story Notes:

Story notes- I know a lot of fans and viewers were turned off by the unfairness of Gwen being banished. I saw it as an opportunity for Gwen's character that the Merlin could not take advantage and decided to write The Exile. The focus of the story is Guinevere and how she develops and grows as woman alone in the world. Gwen will learn she is smarter, stronger and more resilent then she ever imagined.

The men do appear however the early focus is almost entirely on Guinevere and her time outside of Camelot.

Artwork by my younger sis: http://crystalsavage.blogspot.com/

 

1. Part 1,Chapter 1 The Departure by AGDoren [Reviews - 106] starstarstarstarstar (2659 words)

2. Part 1 Chapter 2 On the Road by AGDoren [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2444 words)

3. Part 1 Chapter 3 Breakdown by AGDoren [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (3593 words)

This chapter contains some mentions of homosexuality amongst original characters. I didn't add it to the story warning as the story doesn't focus on homesexual or lesbian relationships, moderators please advise if I need to do so.

No Beta this week, but I've reviewed this chapter a lot so hopefully its a-okay.

Elyan appears in this chapter.

 

 

4. The Exile: Interlude 1 by AGDoren [Reviews - 0] (570 words)

 

 

 

This is just a short interlude featuring some characters we've yet to see in The Exile: Merlin,Arthur and Agravaine.

5. Chapter 4 The Bear, the Bird and the Bandit by AGDoren [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1997 words)

Hi everyone this final chapter of Part 1 of The Exile. I'm exicited to be going on to Part 2. In part 2 Guinevere is finally out of Camelot she meets new people, makes some friends and has some adventures. It will also be time to hear from the men of Camelot as they struggle with the fall-out from the events in 4x9. Thanks for reading.

6. Part 2, Chapter 5, Class Warfare by AGDoren [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3941 words)

The Exile, Part II

-Guinevere, called Jenafere-

Chapter 5  Class Warfare

 

7. Chapter 6: A New Life by AGDoren [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5776 words)

This chapter has the distinction of being the longest thus far as well as the hardest to write. I like to think it came out well. Please comment, your comments are important to me and if I find myself feeling stuck at some points the comments remind me that people really are interested in this story.

The story thus far-

Banished for treason, lost and alone Guinevere has finally made her way out of Camelot. While she has escaped Camelot largely unscathed Guinevere has lost nearly all of her possessions. Including the wedding ring Arthur gave her, the knife her brother Elyan gave her, the Kente cloth her grandmother brought from her Asante homeland and perhaps most grievous loss the references she needs to find new employment. Worse still she has stumbled into a strange city with mysterious ways.

Characters this chapter are: Guinevere, mentions of Morgan and OC

8. The Exile, Part II, Chapter VII: The Air In Camelot by AGDoren [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (6120 words)

 

When Guinevere fled Camelot she encountered hatred and hostility, bears and bandits but also a new friend in Tilda of Bayberry. Now Elyan unknowingly retraces his sister's steps.         

9. The Exile, Part 2, Chapter 8: The Stranger by AGDoren [Reviews - 0] (4533 words)

Guinevere contemplates Matilde's words and is forced to confront a mysterious and enigmatic stranger that has broken into the townhome.

 

Dear Chamber Readers- I forgot to post here the last time I updated The Exile, sorry. The good news is you guys get two chapters at once.

10. Chapter 9, In the Mourning by AGDoren [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5448 words)

 

Arthur and the knights react to the news of Gwen's apparent death.

Once again dear readers I apologize for forgetting to update the previous chapter here at The Chamber.

Yes Tassja I did it too. :)

11. The Exile, Chapter 10: Respite by AGDoren [Reviews - 0] (4788 words)

 

The story thus far: Believing Gwen's apparent death to be his fault, Arthur broke down with his grief. Merlin sought the dragon's help in finding Gwen only to be refused and baby Aithusa was cute. The bracelet came into the possession of bride-to-be, Sarah Goode, who decided it would make the perfect wedding day accessory.

12. The Exile, Chapter 11: Her Own Woman by AGDoren [Reviews - 0] (5968 words)

 

Guinevere continues to struggle for security in her new life as an independent woman and while her relationships with her new friends grow and deepen.

13. The Exile,Part 2,Chapter 12: And the Truth Will Out by AGDoren [Reviews - 0] (9417 words)

Hi everyone this chapter has been the most difficult thus far but its also one of the most important.Please let me know what you think.

The story thus far: Arthur stumbled into a brawl all to similar to the duel he fought with Lancelot after discovering him in the council chamber with Guinevere. Only this duel ended in murder. Seeing far too much of himself in the dead man Arthur turns on the killer ready to mete out the king's justice.

Characters: Arthur,Merlin, Gaius, OC: Magistrate Grigor/Efan, rating on this chapter is Mature for violence, adult concepts, morbid actions and behaviors, don't read at work or if you're wanting a pick me up.

14. The Exile, Chapter 13: Of Families, Friends and Magic by AGDoren [Reviews - 0] (4847 words)

Hi everyone, thanks for continuing to read.

Guinevere's story thus far: Gwen has found a new home in Wyeledon, new friends and a freedom she has never had but Camelot continues to haunt her.

Characters: Guinevere and Ylsa

14. The Exile, Chapter 13: Of Families, Friends and Magic by AGDoren [Reviews - 0] (4847 words)

Hi everyone, thanks for continuing to read.

Guinevere's story thus far: Gwen has found a new home in Wyeledon, new friends and a freedom she has never had but Camelot continues to haunt her.

Characters: Guinevere and Ylsa

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.