Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Johnny woke up the ringing of his cell phone. He groaned. He already knew what the caller was going to say. She helped Morgan escape. Cal had already turned after showing him a picture of Morgan he confirmed he was the man in her apartment. Of course, Mrs. Sanchez, let it slip about the blonde friend she helped the night Morgan was shot. For a small supply of crack, the woman confessed to hearing a man’s voice in the apartment for nearly two weeks.

“Yeah,” He listened to the man on the other end. “You know what to do. I’ll meet you in an hour.”

He looked over at her slim body curled into his. They had been lovers for over three months. He had even stopped using condoms. He wanted a child with her, a family.

Johnny felt hot. She made a fool of him and now she was going to pay. He had enough time to decide how he was going to hurt her. For now, he was going to fuck her again because he still loved that sweet pussy.

Jason walked into the coffee shop. He was still angry that he could not get Nicole out. He almost did not see Liz sat at a table holding her three-year-old son Jake in her arms. He sighed. “Elizabeth.”

“Jason, I hadn’t seen you in weeks so I thought we’d stop by.” She smiled at him. He had been on edge since he got back. Liz cried all the time. Robin was still trying to tell him how he should react even after all this time. Carly had been unusually quiet, of course she knew what had happened. She was the only other person besides Sonny, Johnny, and Justice he had told. She was ready to fight for the girl she never met because she had saved her friend.

“You have to go, Elizabeth. Why are you here anyway? Your husband is a cop. Leave and don’t bring Jake down here again.” He stormed into his office. Liz made to follow but Max closed the door. What was going on? Jason was never angry with her and he did not even look at Jake. Couldn’t he see that the boy was his?

“Mrs. Spencer?” The guard gestured to the front door.

 

Nicki walked into the empty warehouse. She could not ease the knot in her stomach. Johnny was being nice, too nice. She was certain he knew about Jason. She knew she was going to die. She just did not expect him to bring her here to do it.

“You’re a smart kid. What do you think is going to happen?” He rubbed her back almost as if to comfort himself.

“You’re going to kill me for helping that man.” He loved how brave she was being. Most people would be begging by now not Nicki. Too bad, she was a lying whore she would have made a great mother.

“Soon but there’s someone I want you to see.” He opened the door to a windowless office. “Betrayal hurts Nicki. Ask your grandmother.”

He pushed her forward so she could see the battered body of the old woman. They had tied her hands and feet. Her body was so battered Nicki could not tell her color. The blue rosary beads confirmed who she was. She wanted to turn away but Johnny grabbed her face and made her look at the old woman. Her blue dress was wrapped around her head. Her bra and panties were torn. “Didn’t get to do the deed boss, the old broad kick it before I could.”

Nicki stood stone faced refusing to give him the reaction he wanted. She did not need to. He had taken everything away from her. She did not care now. Let him kill her.

“He was a better lover,” She began forcing her voice to stay even. “Jason Morgan fucked me ten ways to Sunday while you were chasing a ghost in Florida. I still close my eyes and think of him any time you touch me.”

Johnny’s gigantic hand wrapped around her throat. There was no air. In a cold voice she had never heard before his whispered in her ear. “I’m going to hurt you now.”

 

Jason tried focusing on his work. He could not shake the feeling of dread that rocked his body. He called Carly, Sonny everyone was fine. Everyone except for Nicki. He could not check on Nicki. He closed his eyes to block out the sad brown eyes. His phone rang. “Morgan.”

“Morgan, Johnny.” He could hear the bastard smiling through the phone. “Let you a present in the ally off Chariot. Hey, do me a favor when you bury the bitch put her in white. It reminds me of the night I popped her cherry. You remember the night you were hiding in the closet like a birch.”

The line went dead. Not Nicki. “Max.”

Max walked into the office as Jason loaded a second weapon. With the look, Jason gave him. He called the other six men into the office. Jason gave a brief explanation as they hurried the two blocks. They cautiously entered the alley. It was clean except for a white blanket that covered a body. Milo rushed forward and pulled it down. Even the most seasoned gangster gasped. She was naked and every part of her was swollen and bruised. Jason pushed the man aside. He knew she was dead. No one survived a beating like this. He needed to check anyway. He could not feel a pulse but that could be due to the swelling.

“Boss?” Max held out a mirror. Jason put it under her broken nose. The mirror fogged just a little. Max whipped out his phone and called for an ambulance.

It was all a frenzied rush after that. The paramedics did not try to stabilize her they rushed to General Hospital with Jason sitting with her.

Monica, Bobbie, and Patrick Drake were waiting. Jason followed silently as they began working on her. Bobbie closed the door on him. Two hours had past and no one had come out of the room. Liz came from behind the desk with a clipboard.

“How is she doing?” He asked hoarsely not looking up from the floor.

“They are working on her. Jason, do you know who she is?” She asked hesitantly.

“Nicole Cannon. She’s nineteen. She has a grandmother. I don’t know her name.” He answered all the questions he could. He filled in his information in the insurance space. Liz watched him silently. The large man was clearly shaken.

“I’m sure she’ll be fine.” She reached out and touched his hand relishing the feel of him.

“Well, well, well, does Lucky know you’re comforting a mobster?” Taggart stared at Liz’s hand. She snatched it   away and left. “Now I’m working a homicide. Old women beaten to death, and what do I hear on my radio, Jason Morgan and a brutally beaten girl. Taking your game to a whole new level aren’t you anger boy?”

“Detective Taggart, still as crass as ever.” Justice  stopped in front of them. “As Mac will tell you Jason and his men discovered the girl after she was dumped. Your boss has already interviewed several shop owners who saw the vehicle enter the ally way almost an hour before Jason arrived.”

“Taggart.” Mac signaled him to leave the man.

Justice handed him an envelope. “It gives you power of attorney.”

“Thanks.” The door swung open. Jason and Justice watched helplessly as they rushed by with the unconscious girl.

“Jason.” Bobbie stopped in front of him. “I need someone to sign her consent forms.”

“I have power of attorney.” He took the clipboard and scanned the pages before signing. “How is she?”

“I’m surprised she’s survived this long.” She answered honestly. “They need to remove her spleen but she has been very lucky so far. There isn’t much swelling to her brain but the damage is significant.”

“Bobbie?” Monica called as she rushed to the elevator. The nurse followed.

It had been twenty-four hours and Jason had not slept. Justice called Carly and Sonny. Carly sat on one side of him Sonny took the other. Robin stopped by before her shift asking questions about Jason’s association with the girl. He refused to answer. Their relationship was different since the girl told the truth about Michael. Fortunatelythe truth was even more actress up. Patrick arrived in town two months ago demanding a DNA test. No one was more surprised than Carly when he turned out to be Michael's father.

Jason could not help but play those last two weeks in his head. Nichole tried to be brave for him but he could see she was terrified but she still protected him.

“Jason,” Monica stopped in front of him. “She’s stable. She is looking at a long recovery.”

“What did they do to her?” His tone did not reveal any emotion.

“She was beaten. Her nose was broken as were three ribs.  One punctured her spleen. She has a lacerated liver. All of her fingers on her left hand were broken. She has a fractured jaw. She has a fractured leg but,” She sighed and took Sonny’s chair forcing Jason to sit down with her. “She was raped and sodomized. Jason it was brutal.”

“But you think she’ll live?” He pushed away the hurt that threatened to consume him.

“Yes, I believe she’ll live.” Monica took his hand. “Jason she is fourteen weeks pregnant. How that child survived the beating is a miracle. We have decreased the drugs to give it a chance but its touch and go.”

“Can I see her?” She walked him to the room. Tubes and lines came from everywhere. Nicki was pale. Jason looked for a place that was not bruised. Not finding one he sat in the chair next to the bed. “Don’t give up Nicki.”

Carly stood in the doorway. Her heart broke for her friend. She never thought she would see him hurt this badly. Would it break him if this girl died? She was sure it would. Two guards took position at the door.

“Carly, I need to see Jason.” Robin stood behind the blonde.

“Jason is busy.”

“I'm a doctor I can help.” Carly blocked her way when she tried to push past the taller woman.

“Of Jason wants your help he will ask for it until then close your mouth and leave.” Robin wanted to protest but Carly would not let her through. Patrick was her doctor and he had not asked her to consult.

Bobbie and Patrick stopped to check on Nicki. He asked Robin to leave given her history with Jason.

Jason joined his friends in the hall while they examined Nicki. “They have her in a drug induced coma. They're afraid she will hurt herself if she wakes up and starts moving around. I’m going to stay. Bobbie said she could get a bed.”

“And Johnny?” Sonny asked.

“I’ll take care of him.” He turned to the room but stopped. “There was an old woman found beaten to death…”

“You think it was her grandmother?” Jason nodded. “I’ll look into it.”

They left quietly. Jason resumed his position next to her. “I’m sorry Nicki.”

 

Luke opened the bar for his friends. Carly looked washed out, Sonny was not much better. Of course, he knew about the girl. He was one of the few who could ask questions in Moreno's territory without rousing suspicions. He liked what he heard. Johnny was another issue. Luke hated the man when he was a kid. The bastard kicked puppies for fun.

Nicki was a kid from the streets. She knew how to survive. Her people were good. Like most, they got caught up in the game and lost.

"Never thought I'd say it pumpkin but there might just be a woman more suited for Jason than you." Carly lifted her glass followed by Sonny and the three guards that followed them in. "To Nicole, they just don't make them like her anymore."

"To Nicole," The group watched their phones and waited for the call.

 

Nicole heard the voices of the people who visited her. Amy was always cheerful. She talked about the whether. Bobbie was cautious she talked about her grandson, Michael. Monica spoke about her daughters Emily and Dawn. Alan talked about Jason when he was a boy. Edward read to her from Shakespeare. “A coma is no excuse for not having a decent education.” Carly told her about the Jason she knew. Lila spoke about her roses. Ned talked about ELQ. Sonny just said thank you. All the time Jason sat next to her begging for her life.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.