Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

gradually updating all of my stories :) and curign my writers block with one word at a time

Stay tuned for more!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Ana stood in the middle of her old room in the Aleksandrov mansion, looking around at all of the memories of her past. Her punching bag, various multicolored dream catchers, Kevlar vest, and snow globes. Her room looked like Hello Kitty had a child with a CIA agent, everything ranged from girly to lethal, with no in between. She hadn’t taken much with her when she first moved out so being back was sort of nostalgic.

After last night’s meeting and Mikhail’s blunt rejection, she’d eagerly escaped to her room and didn’t even bother to look around before collapsing into her bed and falling into a restless sleep. But now she was awake, and all of the pain that had threatened to take hold of her heart last night suddenly came rushing back to her. She bit her lip and looked down at her frilly wine colored duvet, running her hand across it lightly. She remembered all of her teenage fantasies of having Mikhail come to her and profess his love to her, pouring his heart out to her and then making love to her right upon this very bed. Obviously they were the dreams of a foolish girl in love, but it still hurt to let that dream go.

Sitting here in the wee hours before sunrise, Ana’s mind could not be stilled. Every dream, every hope, every memory of her time with the Aleksandrov’s made her heart clench tighter and tighter. She shouldn’t hold onto such emotions that only caused her pain, but letting them go didn’t seem like it was going to be an option. She supposed this was a good reason why she didn’t want to be an assassin like her father, she lacked the cold ability that Mikhail had, to distance himself from his targets. In the meantime, she would make the best of the situation. Aleksandrov men were paranoid, and she was sure whatever “threat” that was out there was probably no danger to her, so she should be back home soon.

In the meantime, Ana could have a nice early morning workout in the old gym. She dug through her closet, unearthing her old gym bag and slipped on a pair of Nike Pro’s and an old racer back tee. Tugging her hair up into a high ponytail she made her way to the gym, and began her workout, hoping to drive out all of her anger and frustration with blood sweat and tears. She was just making her way to the punching bag when the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Someone was watching her, and given the icy chill of awareness that was sweeping through her body it could only be Mikhail. 

Da Misha?” Ana called in a clipped tone. She didn’t turn to meet him, instead she began to swing powerful blows onto the swinging bag, watching it sway and lurch with every hit she delivered. She told herself that her heart was beating so fast because of her workout, but she didn’t believe her own lies. The light shuffle of footsteps let her know that Mikhail had stepped onto the mat and she waited for him to speak.

He remained silent, but he was getting loser. He stepped around her to the other side of the punching bag and leveled his steady gaze on her. She paused, chest heaving as they stared at each other. She took him in, her eyes raking over every heart tightening detail of him. His thick curly hair, pulled back into a tie, leaving his face exposed. She gazed at his face, his strong jawline and his early morning stubble, stubble that, in the past, had rubbed against Ana’s neck as he whispered to her. Ana dismissed the thought and instead allowed her eyes to trail down his broad shoulders and muscular chest, the various tattoos all over his muscular physique. No matter how many times Ana saw Mikhail, he never failed to take her breath away. 

“You’re up early.” He noted, the slight guttural accent sending butterflies straight to Ana’s stomach.

“So are you.” Ana resumed punching the bag, sending a clear message to Mikhail that she would be ignoring him. In her peripheral vision she saw him run a hand through his hair, hair she distinctly remembered pulling in the throes of ecstasy. She rolled her eyes and made a mental note to purchase a new vibrator, since she clearly needed to get laid.

“We need to talk about last night Tati.” His voice was tight yet rough. Ana felt her patience leaving her with each passing second as her blood ran hot. The last thing she wanted to do was talk about last night. Though to be honest she should have expected his answer. Mikhail had been very clear that their night together would never be repeated, but since then the pull between them had only gotten stronger, and it hurt to see him dismiss her but there was no way she would show him how much it hurt. An Aleksandrov did not show pain or weakness.

“What?” she snapped, narrowing her eyes at Mikhail.

“About what I said, I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t offended you Princess.” He urged, taking a step towards her. Ana stood her ground, resisting the urge to step back.

            “Why would it offend me Misha?” she asked, tilting her head to the side as if to show confusion. “All you did was speak the truth, there is nothing going on between us. We don’t even have to be in the same room since you made it clear you want nothing to do with me. I’m just ready to go home.” She huffed. Mikhail took another step towards her, crowding into her personal space but still Ana did not move.

            “What are you saying?” Misha asked, his voice taking on a new questioning tone. Ana lifted her chin, keeping her gave level.

            “I’m saying that I’m giving this “threat” 3 weeks and after that I’m going home.”  The words were barely out of her mouth  when she knew she’d made a mistake. Mikhail face twisted into a look of mixed anger and frustration. Mikhail grabbed her shoulders, crashing her body against his much harder muscular one as he glared down at her.

            “You don’t even know what the threat is and you’re willing to put yourself in danger just to get away from me? You’re just as foolish and reckless as always Tati, so read my lips: you will not be leaving this house until I know you’re safe.” He growled dark eyes lighting up with menace. Ana held her breath, heart hammering in her chest as she struggled to maintain her composure. Feeling her body so close to Mikhail’s, her skin against his, it was messing with her brain. Her entire body sizzled with awareness, and based on the growing hardness against her belly Mikhail was feeling it too. Ana’s lips parted with a small gasp and Mikhail smirked, eyes darkening as he slid his hands down her arms to grip her hips. Every fiber in Ana’s being wanted to wait and see where this could lead, but she knew she had to teach Mikhail that she would not blindly obey his orders. Rising up on her toes, she kept her gaze on Mikhail’s lips as she leaned closer and closer until his breath mingled with hers.

            “Fuck you.” Ana hissed, twisting her way out of his hold and storming off.

            Mikhail bit his lip, watching Ana’s ass twitch as she exited the gym. He’d known what he’d said last night had hurt her, he’d felt her pull away from him the minute their eyes had met, but he couldn’t control himself around her, and until he figured out his turbulent emotions, he couldn’t let anyone know his feelings for her. Worse was this threat to Ana’s safety. Mikhail and Nikolai had sent a friend to checkout Ana’s apartment, and had found the entire thing bugged. Mikhail wasn’t sure how he knew it, but something in his gut told him something big was about to happen. And he needed Ana to be safe when it did happen.  

 ______________________________________

            Nikolai was beyond pissed off. For the past 2 weeks Mikhail and Ana had been tiptoeing around each other and casting sly looks at the other. Nikolai could barely stand to be in the same room as them he felt like he was choking on the tension. By the time Saturday arrived he wasn’t sure if he wanted to lock them in a room and force them to work it all out, or just strangle the both of them and be done with it. He knew everyone needed something to take their mind off of everything so he had texted all of the Aleksandrov family and told them they would hang out at Edge tonight.

            Edge was one of the many nightclubs that the family owned, and it was the most successful. A neo-soul modern design was prominent throughout the clubs interior. Lavender and teal strobe lights cast rays of exotic light all around the club. It was frequented by actors, producers, pop stars, models, starlets, and most importantly, the Aleksandrov’s. The club was packed as always. Writhing bodies pulsated on the dance floor, the bar was running a mile a minute, and the tables would take an hour wait for anyone. Nikolai sat at the Aleksandrov reserved table, nursing a scotch and watching everyone with a critical eye. He was hoping the combination of heavy bass and provocative dancing might get Mikhail and Ana to finally break this annoying silence.

Ana had already gotten here an hour ago, looking gorgeous as ever. She was wearing a tight navy blue dress with a plunging neckline, gold studded belt, and high black Jimmy Choo pumps. She looked every bit the dangerous mafia princess that she was. Of course the mischievous little minx had barely said hello to him before joining the throng of bodies on the dance floor. It took half a second for other men to start noticing her and vying for her attention but eventually she settled for two handsome men and dismissed the others. The two lucky guys had Ana sandwiched between them as they grinded to Slo by Iggy Azalea. The men were very comfortable touching Ana, too comfortable. Part of Nikolai wanted to break each man’s hand and warn them about where they were putting their prints but he knew Ana would not allow it. She was a big girl, and he trusted her to handle herself. Besides, if any of them made any unwanted advances, Ana knew many ways to beat their asses to the 7th realm of hell.

Nevertheless Nikolai knew Mikhail would have a fit when he saw Ana so close to two other men. He may say he had no feelings towards her but Nikolai knew his twin had little self-control when it came to their princess. A few more songs passed until Mikhail finally made his appearance. The minute he stepped through the doors half the females in the club gave audible sighs of admiration. Mikhail paid them no mind, easily rebuffing many of the scandalous and some desperately vulgar advances from various women, eventually making his way to Nikolai. The twins greeted each other and a waitress brought over Mikhail’s usual order, and fifth of whiskey older than Gandhi. They both sat, silent predators watching their domain until Mikhail’s eyes landed on Ana. His nostrils flared in blatant anger as he watched her press her boy against her dancing partners and eagerly twists and gyrate against them. It wasn’t crass like many of the other women, instead her lithe body moved with a sensual grace even while mimicking moves a porn star would be jealous of. Mikhail didn’t move, his body frozen to the spot as he glared at his princess, his woman, with two other men. He waited for her to notice him, because once he got his hands on her she would learn a lesson she would never forget.

 _____________________________________

Ana enjoyed her time dancing with the two boys. The bump and grind of foriegn flesh was thrilling, and it felt amazing to get out of the house. All week she'd been trying to avoid Mikhail, and remaining silent whenever he was near. It felt good ot be free to move her body and relax. She was tuning out everything but the two goreous males warming her body when a chill of awareness ran up her spine. She didn’t let her movements falter but she knew that somewhere in this club, Mikhail was watching her. She tried not to look around, but as though her body was magnetized to his, soon she found his gaze. His dark milk chocolate eyes were trained on her, his face a mask of mixed jealousy and arousal, and given the direct manner he was glaring at her, there was no doubt in Ana’s mind that she was in serious trouble.  






Chapter End Notes:

Hope you guys enjoy it

Please comment nad rate <3 <3 

more soon 

xoxox-kmaj







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.