Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A new chapter, sorry it took a while. I'll be quicker with the next one :) Thanks for reading!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


                9 YEARS AGO

 

“No, no, no Tati. Stop throwing your shoulder into it, twist at the waist. Take the momentum of the turn and throw it into the punch.” Mikhail instructed Ana, moving her arms back into the proper fighting stance. Ana sighed and put one foot behind her, pressing against the ball of her foot to prepare to go on the offensive. They had been doing this all morning. Mikhail would attempt to teach her self-defense, Ana would fail miserably, and the twins would try again. They had a good dynamic, Mikhail would show her the correct way to execute a hit, and then stand behind her and coach her through it while Nikolai attacked. Frankly Ana was tired of it. They had started doing this self-defense training two months ago a few weeks after her 12th birthday and Ana still continued to fail miserably. For the past 2 hours they had been running exercises and Ana was exhausted.

 

Nikolai swung a fast right hook, so fast Ana barely saw it coming but she ducked just in time and twisted her body under his outstretched arm. Ana reared her left arm back to punch Nikolai but his arm swung back towards her face. Ana couldn’t move fast enough to avoid the hit, and her heart rate sped up in anticipation for the hit. Nikolai’s hand stopped inches from her face and froze there.

 

“You can’t leave yourself open to attack in pursuit of a hit. You must cover all of your bases Tati. That hit would have knocked you over and you would have immediately lost leverage.” Mikhail urged from behind her. Ana growled and Mikhail took a step back, getting ready for another try. Mikhail turned her shoulders, facing her square with Nikolai.

 

“Again.” He barked while motioning for Nikolai to come forward with the attack. Ana sighed and rolled her eyes.

 

“I don’t wanna do this again Misha, I’m tired.” Ana wined turning to face Mikhail and pouting. Mikhail turned her back around and nudged her forward a bit. The pout never failed to manipulate Nikolai and Dmitri, but Mikhail was always immune. Ana knew Mikhail wouldn’t ease up on her, he never did. Ana turned back to Nikolai and tried her pout with him, it was always more effective.

 

“Please Niko can we stop? I’m tired.” Ana whined again, pouting extra and widening her eyes. Niko sighed and shrugged his shoulders, knowing he was in a tough place.  

 

“Again. Or next time I’ll switch with Niko.” Mikhail growled. Ana sighed and got back into a fighting stance. Fighting with Niko was better than with Mikhail. Nikolai would soften all of his blows while sparring, if he ever hit her at all. Mikhail however would not soften anything. He came at her hard with everything she got while saying that in a real fight people wouldn’t hold back on her. Ana never got any hits while fighting with Mikhail and she always walked away with painful bruises and a crushed ego.

 

“If I have to tell you again things will only get worse for you Tati. Use your head, find and opening in your opponent while keeping your own openings shut.” He added. Mikhail nodded to Nikolai, and he got back into a fighting stance. Ana barely had time to prepare herself before Nikolai swung another fast right hook. Ana ducked and twisted her body under his outstretched arm but this time she tried something different. Switching her stance quickly, Ana swung her right arm up parallel to block a backwards hit to her, effectively impeding Nikolai from using any momentum to attack her back and Ana reacted quickly. Twisting around Ana swung fast with her right arm, catching Nikolai on his chin. The shock on his face was very clear, he hadn’t expected her to actually be able to hit him. Ana used his shock to her advantage and then ducked to uppercut Nikolai in his stomach. Nikolai grunted and stepped back, giving Ana a shocked grin. Ana smirked at Nikolai as he touched his stomach where she just hit and turned towards Mikhail who was regarding her with a curious expression. His buff arms were folded across his chest and his dark eyes flashed with approval as he nodded his head. Ana’s expression brightened with Mikhail’s silent but obvious approval.

 

“Good job Tati!” Nikolai cheered, pulling her into a bear hug and ruffling her hair. Ana shrieked and giggled, twisting in Nikolai’s arms in an attempt to shield her hair from his attack.

 

“Nikoooo!! Stop, you’re messing up my hair!” Ana squealed so Nikolai switched tactics and began to tickle her instead, causing her to giggle uncontrollably. While Nikolai and Ana were lost in their giggle happy world Mikhail slipped out of the gym in the basement of the house and went upstairs. His footsteps were silent as he walked down one of the longest hallways of the house. This one hallway, with a long exaggerated Romanian carpet, high vaulted ceilings and dim lighting, was the one hallway in the house that led to the lion’s den. A horror Mikhail would soon become very familiar with. He stopped at the large dark oak doors and rapped his fingers on the outside of the door, waiting patiently for approval before entering the Don’s office.

 

“Vvodite.” Came the gruff reply. Mikhail opened the door to enter his fathers office. Even at his age it was still a powerful site. His father was definitely getting up their I his age, he had gone grey a few years ago much to his dismay, and he was beginning to get a receding hairline, but despite the additions that came naturally with age, he was still very handsome.

 

“She’s getting better father. Soon she’ll be able to defend herself.” Mikhail murmured, closing his father office door and moving back to lean against it. Dimitri looked up from pad he was jotting notes on and looked up at his son briefly and sighed.

 

“Mikhail, I do not wish this life for Tatyana. The child is….too sweet. This will break her. You understand me son? Dimitri spoke, giving Mikhail a serious look. When Mikhail nodded Dimitri focused on his desk once again and found the envelope he was looking for and held it out to Mikhail.

 

“Chto eto?” Mikhail asked, taking the envelope and looking at it with a slight frown.

 

“Tole'ko nekotorye slova, vybora sokhranite' printsessa bezopasnosti. Otnesite yego v Dragovich.” 

 

 

 

               






Chapter End Notes:

Vvodite7; - Enter

Chto eto?- What's this?

Tole7;ko nekotorye slova, vybora sokhranite7; printsessa bezopasnosti. Otnesite yego v Dragovich.- Just some choice words to keep princess safe. Deliver it to Dragovich

 

Thank you soo much I hope you enjoyed the chapter! As always, please comment, it's really fun to hear others opinions! Thanks!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.