Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 Both hands tied behind my back with nothing

Oh no

These times when we climb so fast to fall again

Why we gotta fall for it now

I never meant to start a war

You know I never wanna hurt you

Don't even know what we're fighting for

Can't swallow our pride,

Neither of us wanna raise that flag

If we can't surrender

Then we both gonna lose what we had, oh no

I guess you better go and get your armor

Battlefield

~Jordin Sparks

 

To Love the Devil

Benny Jude Road

 

A Price To Pay

It was evident that he was pissed; even with the calm facade he was rocking in front of his second in command. Ace, knew James like the back of his hand. His boss was pissed and he hadn’t even taken one sip of his coffee.

James eyes lingered on the computer as he stared at the bank account he set up three months ago. And just like three months ago; it was exactly how he set it up empty.

Glancing at the calendar on his desk it read September fourth time had passed due.

Looking up from the computer screen his eyes landed towards Ace as he gave him a nod. No words had to be said, for Ace bowed and left. Picking up his cup of coffee he took his first sip of the day…

It was going to be a long day.

.

.

.

Katherine was a very predictable woman. Every morning she woke at five and had her morning run. Around seven, she showered and dress for the day. Around eight, her breakfast was always served in the dinning room. Always seated at the head with the windows pointing towards the east curtains pulled back allowing light to shine inside the room.

Breakfast consisted of egg whites, whole-wheat toast, and grape fruit. For the past forty-five years, this was Katherine’s routine, yet this morning was different.

She was never the type of woman to worry. Worrying only brought lines and age. Two of the most unappealing things for a woman like Katherine who treasured her vanity over anything else would subject herself into having.

Today was different, and Katherine was finding herself lingering on the tiny arms on her watch. As each hand landed she could feel herself aging faster then she ever expected too.

Keeping her eyes locked to the diamond encrusted Rolex on her wrist she didn’t pay any attention that her daughter had walked in and was now in front of her.

Jacqueline Marie Reed was the perfect replication of her mother in looks possessing both beauty and body. Traits that most women envy and most men go after.

In personality, Jacqueline had inherited her late fathers famous collective and down to earth personality. But in intelligence and fierce temper she most definitely was her mother’s daughter.

With such similarities of temper, both mother and daughter had clashes over the years that it could easily be describe to World War II.

“Katherine,” Jacqueline knew all to well that her mother hated the term mother.

It was the first lesson she learned when she was of age to form longer sentences and comprehend them.

“Jacqueline, you are to call me Katherine…never do I want to hear mother or mom come from your lips you hear me? After all I’m too young, I don’t even look like a mom.”

Katherine looked up at her daughter, an everyday reminder that she will never be as young and beautiful as Jacqueline again.

“Yes, Jacqueline?” she raised her spoon and sinked it in the grapefruit.

“I’m about to leave, I’ll be back this afternoon,” Jacqueline flashed her a smile.

Katherine eyed her daughter up and down…she was definitely very young … beautiful…and modest.

A smile came up to her lips as she looked at her daughter there was never a time that Jacqueline wouldn’t do anything for her.

“Okay dear, call me when you get home,” she smiled up at her daughter disappearing form along with her worries.

.

.

.

Katherine was never the type of woman to show weakness or coward before anyone. And if she was worried she played it off will with her indifferent masked that was impenetrable. The stares that she was receiving were an indicator that she was in the wrong part of town.

That or her caramel complexion surely didn’t belong here.

Yet, her head was always held high with a walk that mirrored her attitude it was her philosophy in life to simply walk pass bullshit.

As she came to the building Katherine adjusted her suit jacket and moved her hair out her face. Looking into the window of the store she made sure her make up was decent. After all if she was going to face Judgment Day she wanted to look good doing so. When everything was to her liking head held high she walked into the building.

.

.

.

James Wong had accomplished more in all of his fathers thirty-four years in the underworld at the age of twenty-eight. His philosophy was simple-suspect everyone and everything. His judgment was always based on sound logic and never emotions. He ruled his crew with a firm hand and strict principles. Weakness was never an option neither were fuck ups. No second chances were given it was simply death. His methods were ruthless, but always effective; due to his controversial methods he earned the title Devil.

When it came down to his enemies; he made to always be five steps ahead of them. He had seen too many people fall, because they thought the position they were placed in was untouchable.

The only way a boss could fall was by the Feds, betrayal of his crew, by being whack, or just like his father their health. It was these reasons that James was always paranoid about everything he did.

He made sure to pay his taxes matching his money with his cover. He kept his number and address unlisted allowing a certain number of people to knew where he lived and that was counting on one hand. And in heath James made sure to keep in shape that was inevitable.

.

.

.

The sound of the door opening caused his eyes to move across the room on the figure that was making their way towards him. He tool notice of the woman before him and couldn’t help but to smirk at the very nerve of this woman.

Observing her from head to toe he could easily see where his money was spent especially the diamond encrusted Rolex on her wrist.

Katherine stood in front of the two young and attractive Asian men; he moved his hand out offering her the chair in front of him. She graced him with a smile that had charmed many men over the years.

She spoke her thanks to him; she sat before him tucking her feet under her legs and hands folded in her lap clearing her voice she began to speak.

“As always the perfect gentleman James; it seems we have business to go over,” her voice was relaxed never revealing any sign of weakness.

He on the other hand was quiet as he looked at her; she took it as her cue to continue.

“Your father and my late husband had always done business with each other. Whatever you decide today, I hope you will respect that knowledge of the past. As for repaying you the money that I owe…I can’t pay you.”

James looked at her.

“I don’t have the money-I am unable to pay you.”

.

.

.

James looked at this woman before him. The audacity of this woman!

For her to strut into his office with a seventeen hundred dollar watch and say she wasn’t going to pay him his money that she owes. She was either bold or fucking stupid.

Katherine had said enough she was waiting, for a reaction from him too see if she had hit a nerve. She did have the money all of it-she simply chooses not to give James his money backs.

Why should she give him the money that took her quite a bit of effort to get?

No, she could simple give him something else that was worth less to her and keep all the money for herself.

James sighed, as if he was disappointed and he was-he didn’t like killing woman it was beneath him to do such. But he was simply going to make an example out of this one. The world wouldn’t miss her for a second. If they knew what he was going to do today, they might have even congratulated him.

Seating up straight his hands rested on his midsection as he stared at her. He had allowed her to speak now it was his turn.

“Michael Alexander Reed was by far one of the most honest and trustful men that my father has ever done business with. I had the pleasure of doing a few businesses with him before his death. And what I’ve known and like about him is that he could handle business and leave the bullshit.”

“So Katherine, when three months ago you asked for my assistance I had no problem giving you the money. And despite that it was a very large sum, I left my comfort zone and gave you the money, only asking for half the amount back. I’m never the type do such a thing; but knowing that you were Michaels wife I agree to it, for the simply fact that I assume you would pay me back.”

He looked at her giving a sideway smirk as he pull out a MI119 and laid it on the desk. The confident face that she was rocking had failed she knew it when that smirk of his became a full smile. And she didn’t know which one was worse him smirking or smiling.

“Assumptions can make an ass of ones self and it seems that I’ve done so with my assumption with you.”

“James…” she was cut off.

“Be quiet,” his voice was even as he glared at her.

Katherine was quiet as she looked at him as fear took over her the voice in the back of her head screaming to finish off with her plan before it was to late. Her eyes were focused on him and the gun.

“You had the audacity to come in my office and tell me you’re not going to pay me back? While you flaunt a Rolex in front of my face? And then throw some bullshit about your husband and my father past business dealings and I do say past. What did you expect coming here? You thought that I was going to let you slide and forget about my money?

“Katherine…Katherine…Katherine…assumptions can make an ass out of you,” 

He looked towards his second in command, Ace Lee, giving him the signal.

“Its such a shame that a very attractive woman like yourself has to die. I would have loved to place you in one of my brothels, but your far beyond your years and your commodity has seen more to only become useless…Ace accompany Mrs. Reed to her final place.”

Before Ace could touch Katherine she jumped up this was her last chance to save herself.

“I don’t have your money, but I have something to exchange…something better!”

James looked at her as he stopped Ace from grabbing her. What could she exchange that could take the place of his money? He nodded at Ace humoring himself as to what she had to say before this bitch mat a bullet between her eyes.

“Proceed.”

.

.

.

She knew that she allowed her poker face to slip, but she still had one card to play.

“I don’t have your money, but I can give you something more then money could ever do for you-a win-win situation to say,” when she saw that his attention was still on her she continued, “I’ll give you my daughter.”

James looked at her. Did she say what he thought she just said? She was willing to give her only child to him, so she could keep her life?

Many times people had begged and pleaded for him to not touch their family members to kill them willingly.

But never did he expect the opposite…that someone was willing to give their child away to save their lives.

But then again, James was a businessman before anything and he was always open to new ideas.

“She’s young and beautiful, so there is no doubt that she will be a favorite amongst your clients, but she’s also black and I hear your kind go for the exotic looks. And best of all she’s a virgin…the bid on it would probably double what I owe you.”

“How do I know she’s young and beautiful? Most importantly if she’s a virgin?”

“Because, I’m her mother I know she’s a virgin I don’t have a slut for a daughter.”

“Yet your willing to make her one,”

“It’s a price to pay,” she placed a picture of Jacqueline on his desk.

James looked at the picture in front of him. It would be an understatement to say that he was shock-he was stunned. The woman that he was looking at was…absolutely beautiful. The picture only heighten his curiosity too see how she really looked in person was she this stunning or not.

“I’m always open for a new business venture and you have just giving me one. So, call your daughter, tell her whatever you want, but make sure she comes here. You will be having this call right in front of me; afterwards Ace will have one of my men to escort you down to Court where your going to sign over your house to me. My men will give you all the information that you need. During that time you will pack only cloths and leave the house personal things shall stay there until the time being. As well leave that Rolex on my desk…I think your daughter might like it.”

She couldn’t believe the audacity of this man. This was not the answer that she was expecting from him.

“You bast-”

“If I were you I’ll watch what I say…after all Katherine it is a price to pay.”

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.