Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter went back to the past. So it happened about a year before the last chapter.

 

Thanks for all the reviews and comments.

I revised the frist couple of chapters and this one. If I missed anything, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your support.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The best Friend/Maid of Honor

 

One Year Earlier...

    She was lying on Sarah’s bed and playing a game on her iPad while the later mended the hem of a skirt. They hadn’t been hanging out as much they usually did since they both been so busy with school and work. She had left her in-laws with her parents while she took some time to herself.

“You know, I don’t think I could do what you did?” Sarah stated, eyes still glued to the needle in her hand.

“Do what?” She asked.

She was only playing Angry Birds. One didn’t need to be a genius to figure the game out.

“Marrying a guy when you barely knew him.”

“Didn’t think I had it in me either but it just felt right.”

“But he’s a celebrity. Don’t you worry about the marriage falling apart?”

“I know we don’t have a very solid foundation but I really believe that we can make it work.”

“How about his fans?”

“What do they have to do with it?”

“He has girls throwing themselves at him at every turn.”

Sarah raised her head to look at her.

“Are you implying that he might cheat on me?”

“I’m not but you have to admit it’s going to be tempting for someone on such a long distance relationship.”

“It crossed my mind but this is his life. I have no choice but  to believe that he’d remain faithful to me.”

“It’s that simple?”

“What other choice do I have? I know that he works with beautiful women everyday. Some of which wouldn’t think twice about going after him. I know that. I know it’s going to be hard on him as a man. I know it’s going to be hard to make this marriage work when we’re in two different places and rarely see each other. And even if something did happen, I probably wouldn’t even know unless he choose to tell me. What can I do? I can spend my time worrying about it or I can accept his life and have faith in him.”

“I envy you. You’re alway been so trusting.”

“You’re making me sound like a retard.” She laughed.

“I don’t mean too and you are right. You have to believe in him. And if ever did cheat, I don’t care if  he's T.O.P Oppa, I will castrate that boy.”

“Oh! Sarah. Thank you for defending my honor,” She laughed.

“No one messes with my best friend.”

She laughed.

“So how are the in-laws?”

“They’re really nice. I was really worried about them not accepting me being a black foreigner and all but it didn’t seem to matter.”

“Well I guess when your son is a celebrity, you learn to rolled with the punches. Besides, they should be happy he didn’t marry one of his groupies.”

She laughed.

“Sarah, you’re so good for my ego.”

She had introduced Sarah to her in-laws since they ended staying for a week in the States. They were really nice and loving people. She immediately formed a bond with his mother, Eunjung, over their shared passion for cooking. She promised to teach Vanessa how to make Korean food, specially her husband’s favorite dishes. His father, Dongsun, was still a little reluctant but he was warming up to her as the days went by. She took a couple of days off work to show them around the city and of course to introduce them Sarah. Sarah, who was still a little upset with her for not being part of her marriage, accompanied them as often as she could. It was during that time that she realized how much she adored her bestie.

She had other friends but none were like Sarah. They had known each other since they were seven year-old little girls and lived right across from each other. Since the moment they met, they were inseparable. Neither of them had siblings so they became each other’s sister. They had been through so much over their years. They had shared so many milestones together, from first boyfriends to graduating college, but she had been excluded from the biggest one. They had promised, as little girls, to be each other’s maid of honor. Vanessa felt bad for not keeping that promise. She didn’t regret marrying Seunghyun but she wished she hadn’t hurt so many people.

She voiced her feelings to her hubby on their nightly call that evening.

“I don’t think you need to worry too much about it. They’d forgive you eventually,” he said.

“I know. I just hate that I hurt them.”

“You didn’t do it on purpose. We didn’t really have time to plan a big wedding.”

“I know.”

She sighed. She hated to bring up her problems with him. She didn’t want him to worry about her when he had so much on his plate already.

“I don’t want my wifey to be sad,” he told her.

“I just feel a little guilty.”

“You know, if you want  we can plan another wedding.”
            “What? Why?”

“Well, everyone can be a part of it and you won’t feel guilty anymore.”

“We just got married three weeks ago. And besides, you’re in Korea? Do you even have time to come to the states right now?”

“You could always come to me? in Korea?”

“Me? Go to Korea?”

“Well yeah. Don’t you want too?”

“To be honest, that never cross my mind. Now that you mention it, it’d be easier for me to go to you then the other way around.”

“Yeah.”

She sighed.

“We really didn’t put much thought into this. Did we, Oppa?”

“We didn’t have that much time to really think about it.”

“Yeah.”

“What do you want to do? Of course , you can stay in America if you want. I won’t force you but I really want to live with you, Wifey.”

“Me too. But I want to finish my Master’s first.”

“I know.”

“But what about our second wedding? When should we have it?”

“Preferably soon. The band is scheduled to start touring in seven months. We’re working on some new materials for our new album and other stuff for the tour.”

“How long would you be gone?”

“A year.”

“A year?”

“Yeah. We’re planning a tour throughout Asia and Europe.”

“That sucks....I mean that’s great for you guys but I thought I’ll be seeing you before then.”

“Ummm....if we planned to have the weeding in the next six months, we’ll see each other then. You can stay with me for a while.”

“When do you begin touring?”

“Beginning of October.”

“So we should plan a summer wedding?”

“That’d work.”

“Oppa, I don’t know anything about planning a wedding though. Especially, one that’s going to take place oversea.”

He chuckled.

“I’m sure if you ask Umma, she’d be happy to help you.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah. And of I’ll help you, of course. Not sure what I can do but just tell me if you need anything.”

She squealed in excitement. She was going a real wedding this time. The first one had been private, just for the two of them. This one they could share with their family and friends. She was so excited and to top it all off, she was going to South Korea for the first time.

“I love it, Oppa. It’s going to be a lot of fun. It’d be like renewing our vows with our family and friends supporting us.”

“Exactly.

****

Both their mothers had been beyond ecstatic when she told them the news. Her mother-in-law, Eunjung, readily agreed to help her plan the wedding. She’d take care of everything that needed to be done in Korea. Things like the food and venues, she’d made sure to care of them. Her mother would help with getting her dress as well as dresses for the bridesmaid. Two of her friends had agreed to go to Korea to stand by her side. Sarah forgave her the instant she told her about the second wedding. She was so happy to be a the maid of honor for her best friend.

Her in-laws returned to Korea two days later, promising to keep in touch with her. She drove them to the airport and watched sadly as they went through security then disappear from view. A day later, she received a present from her husband in the shape a shiny new black American Express credit card. She had heard of the elusive Centurion card and was so giddy to be holding one. When she showed it to Sarah, the later had poked fun of her then suggested they went on a mad shopping spree. Vanessa had laughed. That night when she talked to her husband, she was sure to let him how appreciative she was that he trusted her with it.

Five months later, with a lot of planning, thousands of emails and phone calls, everything was set up for the big day. Truth to his word, Seunghyun had done as much as he could to help prepare for their second wedding. With the help of his parents, he done everything that needed to be done. She felt bad, considering that he was extremely busy working on his new album and preparing for a tour. He had assured that he didn’t mind and it wasn’t too much work.

The parents, Mr. Stephen and Mrs. Tamara Leighton and the In-Laws, Mr. Dongsun and Mrs. Eunghyun Choi.

 

A week before the wedding, she flew to Korea alone. Her parents and three friends planned to followed a couple days before the wedding. Seunghyun and his friends picked her up at the airport. She took an immediate liking to them but Taeyang was her favorite. She met her husband’s best man, Jiyong and was quite impressed Big Bang’s leader. They were all sweet and treated her with respect and courtesy. He took her to visit his parents, afterwards. They had dinner with his family and she got to meet the extended family as well as seeing his parents. Due to jet lag, they left early. He took her to his home where she was staying. She had enough energy to take a shower before collapsing in bed next to her husband. She doubted she even kissed him goodnight, so exhausted was she.

 

Seunghyun woke her next day before leaving for the studio. He had recording to do that morning and told her that he’d be back by lunch time. She nodded and accepted his morning kiss before falling right back to sleep. The next time she woke up, it was almost 3pm and Seunghyun was sleeping next to her. She kissed his chin before sprinting to the bathroom. Her bladder was awake and demanding immediate relief. She brushed her teeth and washed her face before leaving the bathroom. She smiled widely when she noted that her hubby was awake.

“Morning, Oppa.”

“Good afternoon, Wifey.”

He got up from the bed and pulled her into his arms. His lips found hers and she wrapped her arms around his neck. His tongue explored her mouth, reacquainting himself with her taste. He tangled their tongues together before drawing them into his mouth and let her explore his. Her right hand tangled in his hair and she gasped in his mouth when he grabbed a handful of her butt.

“Oppa,” she whimpered against his lips.

She had missed this. She had missed how his kiss could awakened every cells in her body. She had craved his touch. She wanted to feel that connection she felt the first time they made love in his hotel room in Boston. She wanted to feel him in the deepest part of her soul, reaffirming that she was here and they were finally together again. He was halfway through pulling her shirt over her head when the doorbell rang. He ignored at it first but the persistent pounding on the door let them know the intruder didn’t want to be ignored. Seunghyun swore under his breath.

“Someone better be dead or they will be soon,”he said as he went to answered the door.

She was left standing in his bedroom, with her shirt halfway off and a gnawing desire that only her husband could satiate. Damn, and she was really looking forward to making love with him after so long.

She sighed.

She had waited this long. A few more hours shouldn’t be a problem.

Damn.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading. Reviews feed my soul. You wouldn'tlet me starve now, would you?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.