Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Just Your Average Girl
written by Shona
stories/3411/images/justyouraveragegirl.gif

Beyonce sat her desk, typing out an article for her local magazine company when a familiar sound interrupted her. She minimized her screen, gazing at the instant messenger screen that was open.

LUVINNEWYORK has sent you a message. Accept?

A smile slowly formed across her face. For one, she'd been waiting for this message all morning. "Of coarse I will accept." she clicked on the yes button, watching the message open up.

LUVINNEWYORK (12:01 PM): Hey!
justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:01 PM): Took you long enough. What are you doing?
LUVINNEWYORK (12:02 PM): Nothing. Busy?
justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:02 PM): Well I am at work...if that's waht you call busy.
justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:02 PM): *what. My bad
LUVINNEWYORK (12:03 PM): Looks like someone's rushing. I'm at work too.
justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:03 PM): Really? What do you do for the thousandth time.
LUVINNEWYORK (12:04 PM): Ummm, can't tell you
justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:04 PM): UGHHH!!! And why can't you tell me? It's not like you're a secret agent or something

Beyonce peered over her computer to make sure no one was watching her.

justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:05 PM): You know what? Forget that question. I wanna know when are we gonna meet up...face to face
LUVINNEWYORK (12:05 PM): Now won't that blow my cover?

She sat back, shaking her head pathetically. For six months, her and this guy was talking online and just would wonder why he never asked to meet her.

LUVINNEWYORK (12:06 PM): You still there?
justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:06 PM): Yeah, just thinking. I'm wondering why you never asked to meet me yet. Aren't you the least bit curious to who I am. Or how I look?
LUVINNEWYORK (12:07 PM): You tried sending me a picture but the transaction failed. Try sending it again
justYOAVERAGEgurl (12:07 PM): Only if you agree to meet me in person
LUVINNEWYORK (12:08 PM): Where?

She happened to look up, gazing at her boss who was standing over her. She quickly minimized the message, flashing him a nervous smile. "Um, can I help you?"

"I need your article on my desk pronto. I'm gonna step out for a few and when I come back, I wanna see it there. And that goes for everyone else!" he spoke to the few people in the room.

She shut her eyes, taking a deep breath. "Close call." when he left the room, she quickly maximized the message, her smile turning upside down.

LUVINNEWYORK signed off at 12:10 PM

"Shit!" she snapped, looking up to realize a few people were staring at her. "What? Damn. Act like you've heard someone curse before."

Around lunch time, Beyonce decided to spend it with a friend of hers. Justin Timberlake was one of the artist's there at Jive Records and she was helping him promote his sophomore album. "With the way things are going now, I can definitely see a summer tour." he spoke to her.

"Yeah." she agreed, stuffing an oatmeal cookie in her mouth. "Hey I forgot to ask. How's your mom? Hangin' in there?"

"I'm glad you asked. She's doing good. She just got the cast token off so..."

"Oh cool! How wonderful. I'm glad that whole accident didn't affect her."

"Well she's more cautious whenever she gets behind the wheel. Hahaha. But other than that, it didn't scar her." she smiled, slowly looking away as thoughts wandered her mind. She begin to think about the guy she'd been talking to over the web. She kept wondering why he didn't want to meet.

"Can I ask you something?" he nodded.

"Sure." he sat back, putting all his focus on her.

"If you...well let me put it this way. I have a friend and...she's talking well chatting online with this guy. Whenever she asks him what's his profession, he keeps telling her, he can't tell. So to end her curiosity, she asks to meet up but he doesn't want to do that. Isn't that some kind of sign that he's keeping something away from her?" he sat there in deep thought.

"Well...I think it depends how long they've been talking..."

"Six months!" she interrupted.

"Okay, well yeah. I think he's probably keeping something from her. Did he tell your friend how he looks? Because sometimes people lie. They say they're six foot, nicely built when they're fat as hell." she broke out laughing.

"Yeah you have a point. Ahaha. I never thought of that." she caught herself. "I mean, I don't think she thought about that...yet." he burned a hole into her. From the look on his face, she could tell he wasn't buying the story. "All right, it's me. The friend is me." he nodded with a smirk on his face. "I've been talking to this guy for half a year and he hasn't asked to meet or anything. And believe me, I throw hints that we should but he ignores them." he slowly sat up in his seat, never taking his eyes off her.

"When was the last time you spoken to this guy?"

"Umm, probably an hour ago. Twelve o'clock sometime." his eyebrows raised interestingly.

"Ummm..." he gulped down. "I think I should go." he stood up, grabbing his leather jacket with him.

"What? But...you haven't even finished your food. What's wrong?" he ambled towards the door.

"I can't talk right now. I'll call you later."

"Okay. But wait! We're still on for tonight, right?" he paused for a moment as his mind slowly wandered off.

"Uh, yeah. But, we're gonna have it at my house instead." she nodded.

"Okay. See you at eight." he left the room, shutting the door behind him. He then quickly ran towards the nearest elevators. When he hopped in his car, he pulled off -- speeding out of the parking lot.
__________

"I dunno man. The things she was saying fit the profile." Justin spoke to his friend Trace.

"Come on, man. You mean to tell me she's the girl? She can't be!"

"And why not?" he gazed down at him. He sat back on the sofa with his feet propped up on the coffee table and a beer in his hand. "We've been, well I've been talking to this mysterious woman for six months and..."

"Exactly. If it was her, I'm pretty sure you would've figured it out by now. I mean, does she fit the description? You said this woman had long black hair and she was about..."

"Five foot eight, slim and she was an African American. That fits her. And not only that, justYOAVERAGEgurl works at a major label. She said she was a promoter. She didn't tell me what label though."

"It could be anyone, Justin. This girl of yours could work at a label IN another state. Did you ever think about that? And I'm pretty sure there are a lot of women who fit that profile of yours, but you will never know unless..."

"Unless I meet her." he looked away, placing his hands on his hips. "I think I'm gonna do just that. I wan't interested in meeting her just yet UNTIL the little conversation I had with Beyonce. She even said some things that I remember saying."

"Like?"

"Well...she told me that this guy didn't wanna tell her his profession and he doesn't want to meet her. And those are the things I..." he pointed to himself. "...said. So why is that such a coincidence?"

"All I can say is go for it. I mean, what do you got to lose?"

"My identity. That's what I got to lose." he rolled his eyes.

"How do you feel about this woman? Do you like her? And I'm not just saying like her as a friend but more than that." he shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess. I mean, from how she sounds...yeah. I will consider it."

"Well there you have it. Meet her." he looked away, thinking hard about the situation. The first thing he needed to do was hop on his computer and see if he could contact her.

He went upstairs to his office and turned on the HP Desktop. After it finished loading, he double clicked the Mozilla Firefox icon which opened up the web portal. He then logged in to his email account and begin typing out his message.

Dear justYOAVERAGEgurl,

I'm emailing you because for one...you're not signed on to your messenger service.

A familiar sound alerted him that someone had signed on. His eyes focused in on the screen name that looked quite familiar to him. "Great." he closed his email. "Perfect timing." she opened up the IM, quickly sending her a message.

LUVINNEWYORK (2:10 PM): Why haven't you added me to your buddy list yet?
justYOAVERAGEgurl (2:10 PM): I did. I just accidentally deleted you while I was going through my list.
justYOAVERAGEgurl (2:10 PM): Some of these people I haven't spoken to for ages
LUVINNEWYORK (2:11 PM): Well that's just bad. Where are you?"
justYOAVERAGEgurl (2:11 PM): Just got back from lunch with a friend

He threw his head back, releasing a deep groan. "Unbelievable."

justYOAVERAGEgurl (2:11 PM): Why? What are you doing?
LUVINNEWYORK (2:12 PM): What if I told you that I wanna meet?
justYOAVERAGEgurl (2:12 PM): OMG! Really? :-)
justYOAVERAGEgurl (2:12 PM): If you're joking I'm gonna seriously kill you
LUVINNEWYORK (2:13 PM): I'm dead ass serious. Meet me in front of Wings N Things on 55th ave. 5 sharp.
justYOAVERAGEgurl (2:14 PM): I'll be there. See ya then!!! Bye!

justYOAVERAGEgurl signed off at 2:14 PM

He signed off as well, slowly sitting back in his seat. He wasn't for sure if this was something he wanted to do, but at the same time -- he had to find out who was this girl. Once and for all.

4:56 p.m. (Later on)

Beyonce parked her car on the side of Wings N Things, turning it off. She sat back, taking a deep breath. She was actually going to meet her mystery guy and she was hoping everything was how she expected.

Her eyes slowly focused in on a common car pulling up in the parking lot. She sat up, watching closely as it parked in front of the restaurant. The familiar guy stepped out, shutting his door afterwards. "Justin? What the hell is he doing here?" she quickly stepped out of her car and approached the awaiting guy. "Justin?" he twirled around to face her.

"Bee?"

"What are you doing here?" they both asked in unison.

"Um..." she brushed a few strains of hair from out of her face. "I...I came to meet someone." she stammered lightly.

"Me...too." she nodded, slowly looking away. "What time are you supposed to meet this person?"

"Five o'clock." his heart skipped a beat.

"Me too." she hastily gawked to the side to stare at him.

"What are the odds? Both of us are here to meet someone around the same time? That's very weird." he nodded.

"I know." deep down, he had a feeling she was the girl but something was holding him back from asking her. So, they stood there talking, not realizing that ten minutes had passed.

"Damn, where is he? He told me to meet him five sharp." this chill had ran up his spine. Now he knew that she was his mystery girl.

"Um, I gotta ask you something." she finally met his gaze, waiting patiently for his question. "You said you chatted with this guy online, right?" she nodded.

"Yeah."

"What was his screen name?" she sized him up, hesitant to answer the question.

"Why? Who are you here to meet?" he inhaled sharply.

"Why can't you just answer the question?"

"And why can't you just answer the question?!" she snapped back.

"Fine. I'm here to meet someone I met online. And what about you?" she flashed him a confused look, instantly feeling this tingly sensation in her bones.

"Oh my god." she looked away, running her fingers through her hair in frustration. "It can't be. Shit! I'm sorry. I gotta go." she rushed towards her car, unlocking it with the remote attached to her key chain.

"Beyonce?!" he called, running after her. "Hey!" he grabbed a hold to her arm.

"No!" she yanked her arm away, quickly backing away from him. "Don't." she was slowly blinded by her tears.

"Bee..." he took a step towards her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well I..."

"You let me talk about the whole thing and all along...you knew." she stopped, a tear escaping her eye.

"I didn't know. I was confused." she sniffled, slowly wiping underneath her eyes. "I didn't wanna just come out a say anything because I was having doubts. That's why I asked you to meet me."

"God I just..." sniffle. "I feel so stupid." he shook his head in disagreement.

"You shouldn't feel stupid. Especially over something like this."

"Six months. Six months? How could I be so blind?" he stood in front of her, leisurely reaching out for her.

"Come here." he pulled her in a hug, skimming her back soothingly. "How do you think I feel? I mean, we were both walking around smiling and talking and you asking to meet me when all along...we were interacting with each other." he wiped away the tears under her eyes.

"So...what's gonna happen from here?" he bit his lip interestingly, scrutinizing her closely.

"I don't know. I was thinking maybe we could...give it a try." a smile slowly formed across her lips.

"I thought you had a girlfriend." he chuckled softly.

"We broke up, remember?" she held her head down, concealing her blushing. "Hey." he lifted her head by her chin, peering in her dark brown eyes. "Don't look so down. Everything's gonna be okay. I'm willing to give it a try ONLY if you want to." she nodded timidly.

"I'd like that." he held her hand firmly, slowly leaning in to kiss her. She broke away, her cheeks burning from blushing so hard.

"You're so cute! Ahaha." he spoke hilariously.

"You wanna um, ahem..." she cleared her throat. "...maybe grab a bite to eat while we're here?"

"Um...sure. Only if you're buying." he teased on their way inside.

"Very funny." he held the door open for her. "Thank you." she entered the building.

"No...problem." he followed her inside.

The End

Copyright, Publish 2007
By Shona All Rights Reserved
BABY-J.ORG 2003-06












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.