Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


James woke up to the smell of freshly baked bread and followed it into his kitchen.

There, he found Jasmine with a steaming loaf of bread in between her hands which she placed next to a plate piled up with pancakes.

“Who would have thought you knew how to use a frying pan for other purposes than assault.”


“Funny. Listen, I’m really sorry Jamie. I've started packing.”


“Jazz, it’s fine. My dear sister may have been on to something. Despite her many flaws she’s right.

Stay until you found a place, it shouldn't take too long.”

He smiled at her now, his handsome features lighting up the space they occupied.

“Well, thanks. I have a viewing later on today and I’m hoping for the best.”

But the flat was a disaster at best and 3 days later Jasmine was not only desperate and distressed but also pissed off and slightly worried.


**********************************************************


“I’m still not talking to you,” Jasmine said absentmindedly to Izzy who was on the other end of the phone.


Jasmine was trailing through the classifieds yet again without much luck.

“Fine, just tell me how my plants are doing. Never mind, I’ll check them myself."

"Since you’re all in a huff you would probably sabotage me and cause me my well deserved win.”

Ten minutes later, the door opened and Izzy had joined Jazz.

Another five and the more rational of the Parker siblings entered the apartment.

“Ladies”, James said as he took off his suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves.

Jasmine barely looked up while Izzy, who had been eating an apple, walked over to her brother and planted a sloppy wet kiss on his cheek.

“So. What did you bring me? You do know that I've beaten your ass haven’t you?”


James ignored his sister's comment who was now leaning against the kitchen counter looking extremely pleased with herself.

Instead, he said: "Thanks for the pie Izzy. Tell Joan she's outdone herself."

“Jazz, have you actually moved since I've left you this morning?”

“I doubt it," Izzy remarked.

"She couldn’t tell me how my plants look and I actually had to let myself in.”

“If it wasn’t for your bad ankle I would have had to set you straight Chick.”


“Bad ankle?”


“Yeah, your flatmate there fell out of the tub a few days ago. She’s still limping but I suppose that’s what you get if you don’t see a doctor.”


“Anyway, I gotta jet. I’ll be picking up my trophy soon, and Jazz I found that book you wanted to read.”

“Thanks.”

Silence filled the room and before Jasmine could break it, Jamie had knelt in front of her, taking her injured foot in his hands and examining it.

“What are you doing?”

“Figuring out why you didn’t bother to get it checked out.”

Jasmine swallowed nervously. Jamie was too close, far too close and she couldn’t concentrate with him this near.

His warm hands burned her skin and his touch, although gently, set tingles down her spine.

“I’m fine Jamie, really it’s ok.”

But instead of him letting go of her foot, he rotated it slightly which caused her to winch.


She actually welcomed the pain as it distracted her from the close proximity of Jamie, who smelled divine and looked even better.

“Fine”. He mimicked her. “Ok, I’m happy to hear that, as it means there is no reason you won’t lock the door since you obviously have no problem getting up and opening it for Izzy or me.”

“But, just in case I’d suggest you see a doctor first thing tomorrow.”

It wasn’t an request and Jasmine knew it. She cursed under her breath and hated feeling so silly.

Jasmine had many good qualities but also loads of qualities which held her back in life.

For starters, she wanted to be a worldly woman, sensual and in control, not tripping over her own feet and lost for words when a handsome specimen was near.


So, she hadn’t mentioned her ankle and actually forced herself to walk normally whenever Jamie was near.


But stupid Izzy had to tell on her and now Jamie knew how clumsy she was.

Jasmine frowned and thought of a smart come back when James interrupted her thoughts and said:

“Don’t look so pissed off Grumpy. I’ll make your favourite.”











Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.