Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Ariel was in her own little world while driving to go see her mother. She was singing and bopping her head back and forth to the music. She was so into it that she didn’t even notice when her car started to make a noise. She finally heard the noise once the song ended. Her car slowly began to drift to the shoulder. Before checking to see what was going on with the car checked the life of my cell phone and saw that not only was her battery dying because she had forgotten her charger but that she didn’t have any service.

Ariel took a deep breath and said, “This is just my luck that I am on a desert stretch of highway when my car decides to break down and I have no cell service.”  She gets out of the car and looks both ways, to see if I can see headlights coming from either direction and of course there are none. “Great!!!” Ariel said while looking up at the dark sky and walking to the back of her car.

She pops the trunk and pulls out her emergency roadside bag that has flash light and extra batteries in it, too bad it did come with an emergency phone with cell service. She thought as she close the truck, and went to pop the hood of her car to see if she could figure out what was wrong with it. Turning on the flash light and looking under the hood was pointless since she didn’t know much about cars. She closed the hold open the car door and pulled her purse and her useless cell phone from the passenger seat and closed the door.  

She looked both ways trying to decide which way I should go…

Since she wasn’t in the mood to be walking downhill with the cars that might pass by her, she decided to go the opposite way. As she began to walk she thought to herself, “I so wish I had brought my iPod.” She shook her head and continued to walk and sing a song that was stuck in her head. It was a good thing that she had packed some snacks and something to drink in her bag so she would only have to stop for gas because even though it felt like she had been walking for hours it had only really been about 45 minutes.

She laughed at herself while thinking, “I know I’m out of shape but this was just ridiculous.” She continued to walk and think about the little town she grew up in and all the people she left behind when she turned 18 and basically ran away from. She must have been in her own little world because all of a sudden a blue Ford F150 came out of nowhere. Whoever was driving pulled up to her and rolled down the tinted window, as their face came into view she grasped...












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.