Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is just a short fluff story no more than three chapters. I'm just trying to get through this writer's block.

Please excuse any typos, errors, and grammar errors you see.

Enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


I listen to the sound of the birds chriping outside my window. Its was a peaceful sound. I smiled at the sound. Today is one of the best days of my life. I waited for this day to come. I am going to marry the love of my life today. The woman I seen in my dreams at night while I slept. The woman who the fates finally sent to me. I waited a thousand years to be with her and that day finally came. She is going to be mines for a eternity.

"Lafayette?"

I turned around and saw my mother standing there with the most beautiful smile on her face. She had her black hair pin to the side in big curls. She had on a soft pink evening gown with a diamond belt wrap around her waist. She had little make-up on her face. Just eye liner and red lipstick. My mother didn't need much make-up. She was just as beautiful without it. Her big blue eyes sparkle with happiness, happiness I haven't seen in a long time.

She walk up to me and touch my cheek as the tears fell from her eyes.

"You look so handsome son. You look just like your father. I wish he was here to see this day finally come. I know he will be proud of his eldest son finding his mate, but I know he is here in spirit with us."

I felt pain in my chest when she mention my father. My father was killed a couple of years ago by a rouge vampire. My father was a kind-hearted soul. He always tried to help people who he thought needed help and can be save. Myself, my mother, and my other two youngest brothers used to always tell him he can't save everybody and people will take advantage of a person like him. But my dad was a stubborn old man. He will always tells everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves, and until I feel like I'm in danger I will keep helping them.

I miss my father so much. It's not a day that doesn't go by I don't think of him. I can picture him telling me right now "You did good my boy. I know she is going to make you very happy, and give me a lot of grandbabies to spoil rotten."

I smiled at the thought and look in to my mother eyes and said "Mother, I know he is, but we will honor him in our wedding. This is why we have a red rose in the chair next you to symbol his spirit is here with us. Today is a good day. I can feel him here with us. Now stop crying mother and show me that beautiful smile that my father felled in love with."

She chuckled and smile and "You are a wonderful son. I want to give you something."

She reach in her small purse and pull out a small red velvet box.

I gave her a confuse look. I told her specifically not to buy me or my wife to be anything. But my mother is hardheaded.

I guess she notice the way I was looking because she shook her head.

When she open the box, inside were a pair of diamond cufflinks with the initials C and L on them. Which are my father's initials, Cassius Labici.

"Mother what.."

She cut me off and said "These were your father's. He wore them on our wedding day, and I want you to wear them on yours as well."

I just smile and nodded my head. A part me wanted to cry, but I know if my mother saw me cry she will bust out crying, and I can not have that.

I raise my wrists to my mother and she put the cufflinks on.

She gave me a kiss on my cheek and said "Now hurry up and finish getting ready. We can't have my new daughter in law waiting for too long."

I chuckle and said "Okay mother, and thank you for the cufflinks I will take good care of them."

She smiled and walked out the room.

I walk towards the mirror in the room and fixed my bow tie. I put on my black tuxedo jacket, I ran my fingers through my short blonde hair, and blew my breath. I was getting nervous. My palms are getting sweaty, I wiped them on my pants. I look back into the mirror and smile at the thought of how beautiful my bride is going to look in her wedding dress. The fates know how much I love that woman.

In ten minutes I will be marrying the love of my life, Lana.

I clap my hands together and said "Well let's get this show on the road. My beautiful bride-to-be is waiting on me."






Chapter End Notes:

So tell me what you think? No matter how bad or good.

XoXo :)







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.