Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My part in the Beyonce challenge. The song this short is based on? Jealous.




Author's Chapter Notes:




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Kara hadn't taken a shot of alcohol in months. She pressed her lips to the glass leaving a smeared stain of purple lipstick. She closed her eyes forcing a smile she didn't feel. Forcing contentment she hadn't felt in days... months. Her senses were becoming slower as her hands slid across the table from where she sat. Kara dropped her head against the glass. Her face contorted into a mask full of anger. 

 

“I'm tied up here Kara. We can do whatever you want tomorrow baby, I promise.” Marcus said softly into the phone as if he didn't want those around to hear his end of the conversation. 


“Our anniversary is today.” Kara pointed out checking the whine in her voice. She wasn't one to usually whine and stomp her feet when she didn't get her way, but her patience was thinning with Marcus and his lack of commitment when came to their marriage. 


"I told you I'd try Kara.” He said, voice tight. “Things on set got held back. I gotta stay here and finish before the deadline. You gotta understand.”


Picking at the fish with the knife firmly gripped in her hand, Kara bit her tongue at the words that threatened to spill forth; words that would cause another fight; words that sounded a lot like, shove that damn movie and deadline up your ass. But she refrained...again. 


"Kara?”


“Yeah I understand. Um," she cleared her throat. "Happy anniversary baby.”


“Happy anniversary.” There was a slight pause. Marcus exhaled into the phone before saying, “I love you.”

 

He sounded sincere and maybe a small part of her knew he was, but Kara was seeing red. She didn't reply deciding to hang up instead and stare down at the feast she’d prepared just for him.

 

Rising from the table, she blew out the candles and tied the silk robe tighter around her waist; Marcus bought this robe their last anniversary. Now the material felt itchy on her skin.

 

Kara chuckled wiping at the tear that slid down her cheek unwanted. She had it all set up. Surprise him at the door. Feed him, cater to whatever he asked and then dessert. He loved chocolate and she was up for letting him lick it off any part of her body. Now all she wanted to do was kick him till he saw stars.

 

Fifteen minutes after ten is what the clock read. The dinner sat cold on the table. She sipped from the wine glass eyeing their penthouse. They’d been married for five years. They moved in soon after they returned from their honeymoon. It felt cold with just her in it—-like a prison. 

 

Kara sat the glass on the table with a hard thump. She turned on her heel to the bedroom with the wind whipping at the edges of her robe. She was never one to feel cramped, to be docile and wait for a husband who she didn't completely trust. No, fuck him and his movie. This was suppose their night damn it!

 

“Forget his ass.” Kara mumbled snatching the closet door open. Pushing sweaters and blouses to the side her focus was on one thing. She would go out tonight and finally have some excitement. 

 

Be noticed.

 

She knew just what to wear.




With pool stick in hand Kara bent over lining up her strike.

“Uh oh we got a pro in the house!” Kara smiled looking over her shoulder. Devven raised her shot glass and wiggled her hips in tandem with the hip hop music blaring through Exo, a bar in downtown New Orleans. Kara focused back on the white cue ball before striking it with the stick and watching as the balls scattered around the green felt. 

“Ugh...I’m rusty." Kara laughed as not one ball went into any pocket. She felt good. Maybe that was the liquor in her system helping, but damn it she loved it. Sitting down at the table she and Devven acquired, Kara threw her head back and sighed. 

“About time you got your butt out of that penthouse. You became the good wife and forgot how to party.” Devvon said taking Kara’s previous position at the pool table. 

Kara hummed. “I never forgot how to party sweetie. I finally said fuck him and...” she threw her arms in the air, “Here I am!”

Kara stood from the chair, her hip hugging black jeans drawing the attention of the bartender manning his station. The leather jacket and red tank top brought out her caramel complexion and the fuck me pumps were specifically worn to send a message.

It didn't matter if she won this round or any other for that matter, Kara craved to feel like a vixen tonight. The stares from the male patrons around her filled her head with confidence she hadn't felt since Marcus became enthralled in his first movie production two years ago. She felt stupid for feeling jealous over a career her husband loved. Sometimes it seemed he loved it more than her.

“Damn ma, I see not much has changed.” A pair of hands slid past her waist to hug her middle. Kara jumped from the contact ready to slap whoever had the gall to touch her. Kara jerked her neck back in shock at the familiar smiling face towering in front of her. Sienna skin, big brown eyes and dimples framed a heavenly smile. She gasped before covering her mouth. 

"Kendrik?" 

Kendrik licked his bottom lip bringing her closer into his arms. He brushed his lips against her cheek kissing her softly.

“The one and only baby.”











Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.