Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chase's story finally. Enjoy!

stories/3936/images/chase.pngChase

stories/3936/images/chase6.jpgChase dressed up

stories/3936/images/maya7.jpgMaya, the best I could find. She's just missing some light freckles on her nose and cheeks.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


NOVEMBER:

 

Chase:

It's been a month since I asked Angie for a divorce. She was pissed as shit at first until I offered to pay a substantial amount of monthly alimony. Which when I think about it, is probably the only fucking thing she's ever been interested in. It did cross my mind a few times that she faked the pregnancy so I would marry her and financially support her. I overheared her talking to her mom about it once but chose to ignore it. Well, what-the-fuck-ever, that shit is over. We filed for divorce a week later and hopefully it'll only take a few months for it to become final.

Chris was fucking happier than a pig in shit when I told him the news. He said I deserve so much better. He's right. I don't intend to ever fucking settle again.

Angie quit working at the shop 3 weeks ago and finally moved out of the house 2 weeks ago. She went to live with her mother. She's completely out of my life and it feels fucking good. At least that part of my life is settled cause the work aspect has me stressed the fuck out.

With Chris doing his internship thing, I'm down a mechanic with double the amount of work. Shit, I love that business is good. But fuck with Angie gone too, that leaves me to make up for Chris' work and all the fucking paperwork Angie used to do. I tried hiring a mechanic last week but I caught the motherfucker trying to steal shit.

So, here I am at Pep Boys for the third fucking time this week. This time buying tires we normally have in stock. I fucking forgot to order some with all the other shit I've been trying to catch up on.

There's one person in front of me. A chick wearing really baggy overalls, a long sleeve shirt, and a baseball cap covering her short hair.

"Mr. James, is there anything available yet?" She has a soft, sweet voice.

"No, Maya. I'm sorry." Her head drops in defeat.

"Thank you. You have my number if anything comes up, right?"

"Yes."

I watch as she shuffles her feet through the exit door. James is shaking his head with a sad look.

"Poor girl."

I look back out as she gets in an old beat up red chevrolet truck.

"What's her deal?" I ask James.

"Her dad owned a car repair shop over in New Orleans East. He passed away 6 months ago and the shop lost a shitload of business after. I'm not sure why. Maybe cause it was just Maya working and people didn't have as much confidence in her cause she's a woman. Who knows? She isn't as personable as her father."

"

 Anyway, she's been coming here weekly asking for a job."

"Is she good?" I ask hopeful.

James smiles at me. " I'll put it to you this way. It was just her and her father working at that shop and the work I ran across that came from them was flawless."

I quickly give James the tire order and ran out to speak to Maya.

Maya has her forehead against the steering wheel. The windows are rolled down so I can hear her sobbing quietlly. Fuck. I'm not good at sensitive shit. But I need a mechanic, so here goes.

I rest my arm on the roof of the truck on the driver's side and lean down.

"Hey sweetheart." Her body freezes, then she slowly raises her head.

"Oh.." Dark brown eyes wide. She quickly wipes her tear stained cheeks and snotty nose with the sleeve of her shirt. Cute. Maya has a dark smooth chocolate complexion with freckles sprinkled from the bridge of her nose to her cheeks. Cute.

"Listen sweetheart, James says you're looking for work." She nods her head enthusiastically.

"I'm looking for a mechanic. You any good?"

"Yes sir. I'm really good and I can start today." I laugh at her eagerness.

"Slow down darlin'. First, my name's Chase, call me Chase. Not that I'm complaining but you don't have to start today."

"I'm Maya and I'd really would like to start today if you'd let me."

"Alright darlin'." I give Maya the address to the shop and load up the tires.

"I'll meet you there in a few."

"Okay s...Chase. Thank you." She gives me a huge grateful grin that makes me smile and feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

 

When I park at the shop, Maya rushes out her truck to meet me. I smile at her.

"Hey Maya, you made it." I throw my arm around her shoulders and feel her stiffen. I bow my head to whisper in her ear.

"Relax darlin', I don't bite." That causes her to shiver.  I chuckle cause I think it's cute.

"Listen, I'll do a week probation period. I'll pay you for the work you do. If everything works out, I'll start paying you salary the following week. Me or Chico, my other mechanic, will work with you the first week. That work for you?"

"Yes." She answers keeping her head down.

"Darlin', if you don't look up, you're going to run into something. And I ain't got enough insurance to cover you yet."

"Sorry." She says meekly. I don't think I've ever met anyone this shy or quiet before. Kinda cute.

As we walk into the shop, I give Maya a tour and explain where shit is kept. Once we reach the working area, I yell for Chico. I'm hoping he doesn't have a problem with me hiring Maya.

"Chico!" I still have my arm wrapped around Maya but now in a protective manner.

"Whatsup?" His deep voice rumbles.

"Come met the new mechanic." Chico comes into view, his big ass intimidating Mexican gang member appearance makes me squeeze Maya closer to me. His eyes land on Maya and his whole demeanor softens.

"Maya Keith, Mr. Curtis Keith's daughter." She looks up at Chico and smiles.

"Yes sir."

"He was a good man."

"Yes sir." She nods in agreement.

"Chase, I vouch for her. She's good."

"Good to know Chico. She starts right now." I let go of Maya.

"You ready to jump in?" I ask her.

"Yes."

"Alright."

"Chico, I'm going to get those tires out my truck."

 

Maya:

 

It's been a week and a half since I started working for Chase. I'm on salary now and everything is looking up for me.

Chase was a Godsend for me at the exact moment I needed him. It had been 6 months since my father passed away. I used the insurance money to pay off the house and funeral expenses. That's what we discussed when he was still alive.

I never thought business would take such a dive after his death. It seemed like no one wanted to come to the shop anymore. I had to close down my only source of income. So, for the past 4 months I had been looking for work. The day I met Chase at the Pep Boys parking lot was my last hope of finding something. When Chase came up to the truck that day, I was crying because I didn't know what I was going to do. I had no money left. My father was my only family. He has a sister, my Auny Glenda, but no one knows where she's at. She just pops in every few months. I'm not a social person, so I don't have any friends. I thank God for sending me Chase.

 

 

I don't like going home so it works out great. Chase let's me stay late cause there's so much work to catch up on. And I love working, it gives me a purpose.

 

It's Friday evening, Chase is closing up the shop but said I could stay late when I asked.

"Maya, sweetheart, take a break and come have a beer with us." Chase yells to me.

" I don't really drink, but umm...thank you?" I call back hoping that would be enough for him to let me be. I am so socially awkward and don't want to embarrass myself in front of Chase or Chico. I've been doing so good.

"Woman! Get your ass out here before I come in there and drag your ass out!" For some reason, I like the sound of that. But I rush out before I find out if Chase was going to make right on his promise.

"Sit woman."Chase tells me and hands me an open bottle of Corona from across the table. Chico is already drinking his beer sitting next to me.

"Thanks." I whisper. I turn my Saint's baseball cap around so that the bill is low covering half of my face. That makes me more comfortable. I catch a glimpse of Chase shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Maya, you are going to have to stop being so fucking shy, darlin'."

"Sorry." I say softly looking down. I knew this was a mistake. Now, he's gonna hate me and fire me. Shit! What am I gonna do now.

"What?!" Chase looks at me confused.

"I'm not going to fire you and I'm not going to hate you."

Shit! What did I say, so fucking socially inept. I didn't even know I was talking out loud.

"Sweetheart, you are the best thing that's happened to me in a while. I ain't letting you go anytime soon." He smirks and winks at me. Why did that statement just make my heart flutter and my panties wet. Wait? Did I just get wet panties, like sexually aroused wet panties? I shift in my seat. Fuck. Yep their wet. I don't remember this ever happening to me before. O God! I know I'm getting flustered. I just want to go back to to work NOW. I take a huge gulp of the beer.

"So Maya, let's get to know you better since we're going to be working together for a long time, right darlin'?" He gives me that sexy smirk and wink again. O Jesus! He freaking knows what he's doing to me. My cheeks are burning and my panties are starting to soak. I wiggle uncomfortably on the bench.

"Ummm. I hope so." I say. So dumb. I take another gulp of my beer and hear Chase chuckle.

"How old are you?"

"27." I answer staring at a crack on the worn out wooden pinic table.

Chase sighs. "Sweetheart, you gotta look at me." I raise my head and instead of the sexy smirk, his lips are curled into a sweet smile.

"Better." He confirms.

"How long you been working with cars?" I smile recalling fond memories of my father.

"Ever since I can remember, my father owned that shop for...ummm.."

"About 35 years." Chico helps me out. "When he first started, he was working out of his garage, but it still counts."

I smile at Chico."I was raised in that car shop. I've been working on cars since I could hold a wrench."

"It shows Maya. Your work is fucking awesome, girl." I can't help the huge smile that possesses my lips.

"I learned from a great teacher." I say.

"I worked with him for a little while before you were born. He was a good man. He gave me a chance and never judged me."

"That's good to hear. Thank you."I love to hear people talk this way about my father.

 

"Maya, did you go to trade school or college after high school?" Chase asks me.

"Ummm..." I bite my lip because I'm scared of being criticized.

"No." I look back at that O' so interesting crack on the table." My father let me quit after middle school. Didn't fit in too well and the school system didn't much care. so..umm..yeah.." I'm so self-conscious about this because people think I'm so dumb after I tell them and start treating me that way.

 

"Woman, didn't I tell you to look at me?" Chase's voice is demanding without malice. I get excited again by his threatening tone.

I pick my head up and he's smiling at me.

"How 'bout your mama?" I lower my head slowly. This is not a good subject for me.

"You know what? It's getting late Chase. I'm gonna head out and I'm sure Maya probably has to go too." Chico gives me a sympathetic smile. I love Chico.

"Yes." I answer swiftly even though I don't particularly want to go home. But, it's a hell of a lot better than talking about the woman that gave birth to me.

 

 

Maya:

A week later:

It's been a good week, I love working here. Chase is still letting me stay late and we're finally catching up. I haven't felt this centered and happy in a long time. I met Chase's brother Chris this week. Chase told me it was Chris' last semester of college and he's busy doing an internship. Chris was the mechanic Chase lost that left him short handed. He was quiet, seemed a little sad but was nice to me.

 

I'm walking back to the work area after taking a pee break. A beautiful African American woman walks through the open front door. She's holding a large aluminum pan which I assume has food in it. Her beautiful white smile greets Chase who is doing computer work at the reception desk.

"Hey baby."

"Hi Kitten." She lays the pan on the counter and kisses Chase on the lips. I guess it's his girlfriend. I didn't even know he had a girlfriend.

"Carmen said she made this especially for you per your request last week, Mexican Lasagna." Chase laughs.

"Tell that woman I love her and if she really wants it, I would definitely fuck her. Just let me know when and where."

"I'm not your fucking pimp, Chase." She slaps his arm and they both start laughing.

The woman named Kitten is wearing skinny jeans with a loose V-neck shirt and a fitted three-quartes sleeve sweater. She is classy gorgeous. Long wavy hair, beautiful face, curves on just the right places on her body. I'm not a lesbian but I always notice beautiful woman. They say you admire what you don't have and beautiful I know I'm not.

"I just came to drop this off. You coming for Thanksgiving next week?" She ask Chase.

"Yeah."

 

She moves to the half door that separates the lobby from the work area.

"Papi!"

"Hi Kat!" Chico's deep voice answers.

"I bought some food. Make sure you get some before Chase's greedy ass eats it all."

"Thanks Kat!"

She walks back to Chase.

"Alright babe. I'm gonna go."

Then I watch her her perky, happy disposition fade.

"How's Chris doing?"

"He's good."

"Good. Tell him I love him."

"I will. See you later."

"Later." That's interesting. I wonder what the deal is between Chris and this woman.

The door squeaks as I open it to go back to the mechanic area. Chase and Kitten/Kat look back at me. They both give me friendly smiles.

"Shit! I forgot. Maya come here." I make sure my sleeves are rolled all the way down, I stuff my hands in my baggy overall pockets, and shuffle to Chase with my head down. When I get close enough, Chase wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close.

"Kitten, this is my new fucking awesome as shit mechanic, Maya." He says proudly and it makes me feel so good to be appreciated that way.

"Hi, I'm Katarina, Kat." Kat lifts the counter, removes Chase's arm from around me, and hugs me.

"Nice to meet you Maya. I know he really needed you."

"Umm..yeah. Thanks." I'm soo uncomfortable right now. I don't know what to say.

"Kat, you mind if I bring Maya to Thanksgiving?" Chase asks. She raises an eyebrow at him.

"Of course not."

"It's okay. I'll be alright." I try to protest. I'm so not good at social gatherings.

"No sweetheart, you don't have anywhere else to go. You're coming with me." That commanding tone has my pussy dripping again. Shit.

"Cool. See ya'll next week." Kat says.

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Hope you liked the start. I will be going back and forth between the two stories.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.