Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here is a new story from me and a dear friend of mines. I know your looking for an update for UD, but I've been working on this. No worries I'm continuing my other works. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Midnight Prologue


 


 


The forest was an unknown realm to man. Vast and magnificent, untamed and powerful; it was a testament that no creation of man could ever attain such beauty and majesty.


The forest was the symbol of the unknown and such intimidation brought fear within man’s heart. Fear of the unknown brought superstition, superstition brought along ignorance, and ignorance was accompanied along with hate.


There were tales of the many magnificent creatures that resided within the forest realm; however, there was only one creature that was spoken of with awe and fear.


Superstition and fear soared amongst man about these creatures that roamed the forest that they had slowly become the definition of danger and terror.


They were the ruling creatures of the forest realm. It was their howls that pierced the night and sent terror in the hearts of those who heard it. They preyed on those that they considered beneath them and killed for the sport of it.


It is in man’s heart to believe that they are the superior creation amongst nature. And it is in their disillusion to broaden their minds and experience something out of their comfort zone.


The fear and ignorance of the unknown had brought upon hate, and in the typical fashion of man they wage war with the forest realm and the creatures that ruled within it.


.


.


Men knew never to venture in the forest at night and hunt the creature that resided in it. Everyone knew that the night belonged to them and the moon was their faithful consort who gave them power.


Yet, there were those who did not put faith in such notions and considered it falsehood. Lord Cadeyrn was a man of logic who looked upon the old tales as silly stories to make children behave.


Logically the only way to eliminate the filthy dogs were to use the darkness of night to shield them and the moon to guide them to the enemy. To use the enemy’s greatest asset as its weakness was the logical explanation. To finally prove that the night belong to them and the moon was nothing but a whore who served those who dominated.


The opportunity arose when his Nightstalker’s caught wind of some of the mongrels near the southern border of the forest. Being a man of schemes and dirty tactics he set forth a plan of attack at midnight.


They were known as the Nightstalker’s, for they stalked those who posed even the slightest threat to mans dominion.


Tales of their battles became nearly as outstanding as the tales that were told about the creatures of the forest.


Their reputation being the most formidable force to the creatures of the woodland was to be tested tonight, for although they might have won many battles against the creatures they had yet to fight at night.


.


.


.


In the cover of night and the moon being their only light Lord Cadeyrn and his Nightstalker’s marched with eased through the forest. As night progressed, their trek lead them to what many would assume an empty cave; however, these men knew very well never to assume the impossible.


Standing before the cave with his sword held out Lord Cadeyrn yelled with a voice filled with wrath and abhorrence for the filthy beast to come forth from where it resided and to show themselves.


The snarling and chopping of, two great creatures, beautiful deadly fangs that could bring a death strake by one bite answered his challenged.


A battle had ensured between the men and the creatures that abruptly lasted for several minutes.


With the last of the creatures down in their own blood the shouting sound of victory howled towards the moon in mocking imitation of the slain creatures. Lord Cadeyrn was no fool, the battle had lasted to short, and he knew that the creatures that they had slain were simply low in status.


However, his curiosity had been perked during the battle whenever one of his men got so close to the cave it made the creatures become even more volatile. He couldn’t help but wonder what they were protecting within the cave.


With his sword drawn to his person and a few of his men he entered the den to find the source of protection. The den was everything that he expected of the beast; damp and bleakness was the mark of these creatures.


Moving within the den with caution for they knew what lay within these walls. It wasn’t until they came upon the object that caused such a fiery response from the fallen creatures that lay outside the den’s entrance.


There in the center laid one of them-a female in the form of a human. The expression on her face was fierce; however, the pain that mirrored her eyes tainted it. Sweat had clung to her body as if she was burning with some unknown fire.


Lord Cadeyrn was no fool by a sight, if she was human he would have never even dared to lay one finger on her head, but atlas she was no human-no she was a disgusting creature that could kill without blinking, murder without a thought.


Had she been in a shape to fight she would’ve put up a gruesome battle, something that he was sure would be the death of both he and his men. Atlas whatever had caused this fiend to become weak it was only fate for him to send her the deathblow before she could turn.


To his dismay and admiration (which was little when it came to these creatures) the bitch snarled at him in warning as she stood to her height. Her body hadn’t fully morphed only her fangs and claws had enlarged.


The battle didn’t last long and although the female had managed to claw down one of his men and leave an ugly scare on the right side of his face, she lost the battle.


Fatigue had took it’s toll on the female causing her to fall to her knees and give Cadeyrn the motivation to strike her down to her death.


The howl that came forth from the female sent chills through the heart of Cadeyrn and for one moment the feeling of utter regret was known to him for only a second.


The den was filled with an eerie silence for only a second until it was interrupted by the shrill cry of an infant.


The whiling was strong and as Cadeyrn stepped over the body of the fallen female creature he moved to where she had lain before the fight.


Gathered in the pelts of fur and red cloth laid a newly born infant screaming to answer its mother’s call.


His answer to why the female was fatigue, for she had just given birth to a baby. As well as why the two other mongrels fought so viciously, they were protecting the female and her pup.


Lord Cadeyrn like most men knew very little about these creatures; however, he did know that many had mates and the death of a mate could cause an already vicious creature even more savage.  A dreadful question came to their minds; where is her mate and when will he arrive?


There was no sympathy in his heart when he looked upon the child, for it was another one of those filthy damnations that roamed the forest.


He was going to end it before it could even begin. With his sword pointing at the child he moved it above his head readying himself for the deathblow…when a fiery howl shook his psyche.


It was a howl that caused his hair to rise up and a fear to make grown men tremble to their knees in submission.


That was the sound of the females mate coming to wreak vengeance against them.


Lord Cadeyrn looked towards the entranceway as the screams and yells of his men seemed nothing as an echo of terror.


His eyes turned once more to the baby that laid there in its ignorance of all the commotion that was surrounding it. With a quick head motion, Lord Cadeyrn sent his remaining beast out to face the wrath of a vengeful mate. Seconds later his head shot up at the immediate tortuous cry of his men. The sickening cracks of broken bones after the snarl of satisfaction echoed through the small cave.


In one quick decision and move, Lord Cadeyrn placed his sword back in its sheath and took hold of the baby that cry by the sudden movement rang.


Wrapped in the red cloth he held the child to his person with a crazed expression that was soaked in sedition as he exited out the cave.


The bloodied and broken bodies of his men lay at the feet of the great monster before him. It was nothing like the others they fought, this one was intimidating. It was as if his essence wrapped around Lord Cadeyrn demanding submission.


It’s fangs blood soaked fangs ready to bath in the blood of the last fool that dare to mess with his pack and mate.


Its roar and growls was a ballad to the silver moon above as if promising for more screams of destruction to follow the others.


This particular beast seemed to hold the air of authority as it appeared to almost glare down at the bodies of ignorance men.


It wasn’t until Lord Cadeyrn made his entrance catching the attention of the great creature before him.


The scent of its mate was strong with this one causing the creature to snarl something deadly at him, as if sending him a true promising him the same death note as was given to his fellow men.


Sharply the creature laid eyes upon what was wrapped in the sadistic humans arm that made all thoughts of attack stop instantly.


Lord Cadeyrn knew the battle had been won in his favor when he saw the fierce expression wean to that of pure loss. He would live this night, Lord Cadeyrn was sure of this.


He held the infant tight to his person causing it to cry, which had brought a snarl from the great creature. The smirk was made known even more to his enemy, because they both knew he held something important and that the little stunt he just did was in more ways confirmed his suspicion.


The great creature barked an order towards the other creatures that suddenly appeared behind it to stand down there was no battle to take place.


Lord Cadeyrn and the great creature looked to each other a bitter understanding had been known to each of them.


As long as he held that child in his possession the devils of the night will no longer bring fear in the hearts of man, because they held something way to dear to the creature. Something precious that could never be bought to harm, as long as that term was met a one sided treaty would always be in place. The great creature eyes rested on the bundle that was its pup it knew that he would retrieve it back one day…and when he did vengeance was truly his, but for now he would watched and wait for the day.


On that one night Lord Cadeyrn knew that history had been made, however, the cold vicious fury within the blue eyes of the mighty best spoke of a different story.


History was not made on that night…it was started.


The end of the beginning. 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.