Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Ezra reached out to pull Natia into a hug, and she moved back, avoiding his touch. “Don’t touch me.” She growled, spitting blood out. She was about to start running, before she could take off, Ray caught her.

“Whoa! We...didn’t mean to hurt you in any way. We thought you were…” He said scratching the back of his head in confusion.

“So you’re not Alexis?” Adam asked.

“No, you idiot.” She spat. “I’m not Alexis. I’m Natia, also known as Ace.”

Ezra stood up quickly, “You can’t be Ace! That’s impossible, this whole thing is impossible. You died years ago, and now you’re alive...as Alexis or Ace?”

She took a long and annoyed sigh, “Look, Mika has people looking for, and it’s not safe for us to be speaking out in public. Meet me at 44B on Elano’s. I’ll explain everything.”

“Hey! That’s my apartment.” Adam said.

She nodded, “Exactly.” She picked up her helmet, and hopped on her bike and took off.

Ezra nodded in her direction, “Let’s go.” Adam patted him on the back with a smirk.

“You know, she’s gonna be my future wife someday.” He said.

“Over my dead body.” Ezra growled lowly as Adam laughed. They went to Adam’s apartment, expecting to see Natia waiting by the door for them, but she wasn’t there. They looked at each other in confusion. Maybe she’d be taking a few minutes longer to do what “Ace” needed to do. Adam unlocked the door to see Natia sitting on his couch with her feet on the table, flipping through channels.

“How did you get in here?” Adam asked.

“You left the window open.” She said staring intently at the TV. Ezra decided to step in. “Natia, please let’s just talk.” He said.

“OK, I’m all ears. Let’s talk.” She replied, turning the TV off and turning to face him. The three men sat down. Ezra on the couch with Natia, Ray and Adam on the loveseat.

Ezra grabbed her hands, looking into her eyes, “I...I don’t know where to start. I just never thought I’d see you again. I thought you were dead.”

“Mika wanted me to fake my death. He said you didn’t want to see me again after mama’s death.” She said.

“That’s not true. He kept me away from you, he wanted to kill you if I didn’t work for him. Please believe me, Natia.” Ezra begged.

“I do believe you, Mika’s off his fucking rocker.” She said. Ezra’s face hardened into a stern glare.

“You know I did not raise you to talk like that.” He said. Natia raised her hands in surrender, mouthing ‘Sorry’. “But you’re right, Mika’s crazy. He’s got away with too much now.”

Adam and Ray nodded.

“He took me out of high school to train me, day in-day out. He wanted me to be his weapon. I don’t know if he was going to use me against you at some point, but I knew that I had to get out of there.” She said.

“Wait a minute, So you’ve been Ace the whole time?” Ray asked. Natia nodded. “You were shot! You’re still sitting here without an ounce of pain!”

“Bulletproof suit.” She said. “There’s lots of padding as well, giving people the illusion that I’m bigger. That I’m not a woman.” She took the motorcycle suit and boots off, revealing the dress she had on earlier.

“Jesus.” Ezra muttered.

“What?” She asked, looking up at him.

“You’ve been purposely getting yourself hurt, and for what? To bring Mika down?” He asked incredulous.

“Yes.” She said matter of factly. “I want to tear him apart from the inside.”

Adam smirked, “God, that is so hot.” He said as she rolled her eyes.

“Look. As Mika’s brother, he trusts you, but he’d never tell you what he’s planning. That’s why he kept us apart, he still wanted to hurt you.” she said to Ezra. I have so much dirt on him, it’s not even funny.”

“What do you suppose we do then? Band together to fuck him up?” Ezra asked.

“Yes, that’s exactly what we need to do.” Natia said.

“You know, I actually think this is a good idea.” Adam said.

“Oh shut up, you just want to get in them jeans. No offense, Natia.” Ray said.

“None taken.” She said dismissively.

“Guys!” Ezra said getting their attention. “Let’s focus here. I think Natia’s on to something, but we need to plan this out right.”

“We have to cut all of his connections, stop the drug and money flow, and destroy Mika’s world. He’d rather die than go to prison, so let’s send his ass there.” Natia said. Ezra nodded.

“But right now he wants to get you, well Ace, off the streets.” Ray said.

“Yeah, you’re right. Here’s the first part of the plan, text him that you’ve found “Ace”, he’ll want you to bring me to him.” She said.

“Then what?” Ezra asked.

“Then I’ll- Shit, I have to go, I’m beyond late.” She said, slipping her suit and boots back on. “Don’t text him, until we meet here in exactly an hour.”

“Wait!” Adam exclaimed.

“What?” She said annoyed. He walked over to her, staring into her eyes.

“I need to tell you this, I’m extremely attracted to you.” She stared at him in confusion, and her mouth parted in awe. “I mean, we’ve met last night, and I was hoping after this, I could take you out.” Adam said lowly, placing his hand on her waist. She smiled shyly, putting her hands on his cheeks.

“What? Oh come on.” Ezra said under his breath, she couldn’t be falling for his charm. Natia’s shy smile turned into a smirk as she headbutted Adam. “Holy shit!” He yelled as Ezra and Ray chuckled. “Damn girl.” Ray said between chuckles.

“There’s no time for romance and fucking.” She said before putting the helmet back on, and jumping out the window.

“I see that she has takes after you.” Adam said to Ezra as he rubbed his forehead.

“Damn right.” Ezra said with a smirk.














Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.