Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 16: Truth Be Told – finale

Lettie Mae returned from her church trip an hour after Tara arrived home. She seemed to have had a good time and even brought back matching t-shirts for her daughter and Sam. Tara was shocked that her mother would even think of Sam. Tara thought maybe her mother was beginning to see her and Sam as a couple and perhaps she's changing for the better after all.

"Thanks mama. Sam will love this."Tara said.

"You think it will fit him?" Lettie asked.

"Y...yes, it will." Tara holding the shirt up imagining his wide muscular shoulders filling it.

"You must be hungry from the long bus ride. Mrs. Thompson sent you some food. It's really good." Tara added dressed in Sam's black t-shirt, pink plaid shorts and bunny slippers.

"Mrs. Thompson?" Lettie asked.

"Sam's foster mother. She had us over today for dinner. Also, she has invited us to Thanksgiving dinner. You can ride along with me and Sam if you're interested." Tara said with reservation.

"Sure. I would love to go;."

"Great." Tara said when deep down she'd hoped her mother had other plans on that day. Great.

After Lettie ate, she had a bath before retiring to bed. Tara spent the next two hours on the internet browsing and jotting down notes. Finally calling it quits, she shut down her laptop and parked it on the coffee table. Grabbing hold of the remote control, she switched on the television. The cable box showed 11:00 PM. Halfway through Conan O'Brien, she began to nod off.

Hearing light tapping on the window, or so she thought, her eyes suddenly shot open. She then turned around to see what it could be and glared at the picture window searching and waiting. Nothing. She thought maybe it was her nosy neighbor. Getting up from the couch, she went over to the window and drew the curtains shut while cursing under her breath. She then sat back down on the couch. Reclining on her side, she tucked a cushion under her head and covered herself with the multicolored Afghan that was draped over the back of the couch.

Resuming to channel surfing, she came across an old western, Unforgiven, on the TCM channel. It was one of her favorite movies. Having seen it more than a dozen times, she chimed right along with Clint Eastwood's character William Munny, the words, "..well, he shoulda armed himself". Minutes later as the credits rolled up, she let out a protracted yawn and closed her eyes. Just before sleep finally held her captive, she whispered, "I love you". Meanwhile on the porch outside, a brown and white collie lay crouching under the window.

"Hey Sunshine." Sam greeted Tara as she stepped into his trailer at eight o'clock Monday morning. Hours before he sat on her porch and watched her through the window. When he tapped on her window, his intention was to get her attention then shift right before her eyes. But, at the very last moment, he changed his mind. He just couldn't do it. He couldn't bear seeing fright, disgust, betrayal and hurt in her eyes. He had wanted nothing more than to be by her side, to hold her and tell her how much he loved her. Then when he heard her whisper "I love you", he slunk away with a heavy heart.

Now, as he watched his love stand before him, he was reminded of why he loved her. Not only was she smart, funny, loving, and caring, she filled him with so much hope and happiness. He thought, should it all end, how will I ever live without her in my life. Handing him oatmeal cookies, a travel mug of hot coffee and a Grand Canyon t-shirt, she smiled.

"For me? Thank you" Sam said holding the garment across his chest and shoulders and putting the other items on the coffee table before him.

"The shirt is from mama."

"From her trip, how nice. I'll make sure to give her a call later. And oh, thanks honey for the cookies and coffee."

"You're welcome baby." Tara said smiling at him and sat down on the couch while he popped open the mug.

"Hmm, this coffee is fantastic." Sam said sipping on the beverage.

"Thanks babes. Wanna start? I'm ready whenever you are", Tara said enthusiastically.

For the next hour or so, Sam walked her through his journals and ledgers and showed her records of invoices in the past month. He'd already balanced his books but had her do them again to compare their results. She was spot on.

"Seem you have a knack for book keeping." Sam proudly said.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Last night I registered for two accounting courses at Baton Rouge Community College starting in January." Tara said sitting back into the olive couch.

"Baton Rouge. That's a little out of the way isn't it?"

"Yes it is, but since they are distance learning courses, I only have to actually go there for finals."

"That's great hon. How about assignments?" Sam said smiling.

"It's left up to the student to do practice questions on their own."

"Tara, I am glad you're doing this. I love you and I'm behind you one-hundred percent. If you need anything, just let me know. Now come over here and sit on my lap." Sam said patting his thighs.

Giggling, Tara leapt off the couch and hopped into his waiting lap. Wrapping her arms about his shoulders, she leaned in to kiss him when a popping sound went off in her neck.

"Ooh. My neck." Tara groaned grabbing her neck and shoulder.

"Here, let me rub it out." Sam said then worked his warm hands on her shoulder and neck.

"You shouldn't have slept on the couch" Sam chastised as he continued massaging her.

"And how did you know I was sleeping on my lumpy old couch?" Tara asked arching one brow.

"Um.. wild guess." Sam's voice an octave higher than normal while he worked his fingers into her tense shoulders.

"What are you going to do until your shift starts?" Sam quickly asked.

"Have my teeth cleaned at the dentist, then after that, I'm going to the library."

Then Tara saw a distant look flash across his face. "Sam?" Blinking, Sam came to and said,

"Yes, dentist, library. Oh, by the way. I have to drop by Marvin's later today. I'm leaving you in charge. I should be back in two or three hours."

"OK. What time are you leaving?" Tara asked getting to her feet.

"I'm leaving at five-thirty." Sam replied looking up at her standing before him.

"OK babes. Make sure your cell is fully charged. Gotta go. See you later. And oh, thanks for the massage. " Tara ended then kissed him on the lips.

By the time she was through at the dentist it was almost lunch time. Her gums now tender from a thorough cleaning, she decided on skipping lunch. Heading straight for the library, she arrived in thirty-five minutes and parked her pinto near the entrance. Renard Public Library was a pretty decent reference library and she had no problem in finding a good accounting book that provided a sound explanation of the basics. She was eager to get a good head-start before January. Finding a cubicle on the third floor, she sat down next to the large glass window facing the parking lot. Within three hours, she managed to cover the first three chapters. Maybe at this rate, she could finish the book by the end of the week.

Taking a fifteen minute break before doing more practice questions, she thought how good things been happening in her life lately. I've finally found a wonderful man like Sam in my life, Mama has stopped drinking, and I've finally started the ball moving on completing my degree. Please God, don't let it all come crashing in.

As she stretched, she noticed the stiffness in her shoulder was gone. Smiling to herself, she thought how Sam's massages always did wonders for her, in every way. Closing her eyes, she allowed her mind to drift to a night after a romantic dinner date with Sam.

"Hey, no peeking." Sam said when he lead her through the door. With her eyes shut tight, scents of lavender and vanilla made her olfactories come alive.

"Now open them." He said.

Looking around his trailer, her mouth flew open. The old brown curtains were replaced by floor length off white double-panel draperies. Cream slip covers gave the variegated sofa and red couch crisp looks. On the coffee table a bowl of potpourri took the place of sport magazines. An orange nylon scarf covered the lampshade creating a warm orange glow. A trail of red rose petals led from the door to a queen-sized bed dressed in beige linens while sheer white canopy curtains hung loosely from the ceiling above. On the far side, a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and two long-stemmed flute glasses rested on the pine night table.

"Oh Sam, this is beautiful." Tara said while Boys To Men played softly in the background.

"I wanted to surprise you." Sam said as he slowly unbuttoned her dark purple cap-sleeved blouse and unhook her bra. Mirroring him, she proceeded to remove his dress shirt. As his hands cradled her bare breasts, she purred, "Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming."

Shirtless, he gently squeezed her naked nipples between his fingers causing her to moan softly. Taking off his pants and boxers, he left them on the ground on top of his shoes and socks. He then led her by the hand to the foot of the bed and said, "Lie back." After he removed the rest of her clothes, he said,

"Turn over and close your eyes."

Silently she obeyed. While she lay on her stomach with her cheek resting on a large fluffy pillow, he poured scented oils on the center of her smooth back. She oohed as he massaged her from head to toe with those strong gentle warm hands of his.

Using his knee, he parted her legs and straddled her. Slipping one hand under her, slightly raising her hips up, he placed a pillow under her. Feeling the hot tip of his hard penis at the opening of her moist and ready vagina, she moaned,

"Hmm, I want you."

Sheathing himself, he then slid himself in all the way to the hilt. He could feel her muscles contracting around him.

"Oh Tara, you feel so good."

Holding onto her hips, he gently pulled her backwards and upwards until they were both on their knees. As much as he hated to, he then pulled his cock all the way out until just the tip was parked at her warm opening. He lingered there for a second or two until she pleaded,

"Please, don't stop."

"Tell me you love me." Sam rasped unwavering.

"I love you." She said. Then he slid back in but only half-way.

"Say my name." He commanded sliding his cock out, again with just the meaty tip paused at her opening.

"I love you Sam." She said hugging the pillow tightly under her chest.

"Louder." He shouted holding her hips firmly.

"I LOVE YOU SAM MERLOTTE!" she screamed. He then gave her all he got. As he pounded her from behind, he tapped her g-spot again and again while his testicles repeatedly hit her clitoris. He then reached forward and grabbed her breasts and squeezed them.

"Ahhhh." She cried her climax.

He slid out of her and flipped her on her back. Barely giving her a chance to recover, he then quickly penetrated her quivering wet swollen pussy once again and rode her some more, missionary style. With one hand under the small of her back, he picked up tempo. She was so wet her inner thighs was smeared in her own juices. Bending his neck, he captured a hard nipple in his mouth. He sucked on it hard and deep sending sensations straight to her womb all the while moving in and out of her dripping wet snatch.

Grabbing handfuls of cloth, she climaxed again, her toes curled. Not letting up, he mercilessly continued pounding her harder and with greater intensity while sucking hungrily on her other breast. Feeling another orgasm coming on she bit her bottom lip. Releasing her sensitive breast, he said while looking deeply into her eyes,

"I love you Tara Thornton."

"I love you too Sam Merlotte."

Then in unison, they came.

Waking up to a loud slap. Tara jerked her head up and looked around to see a woman picking up a book from off the ground. Looking at the time on her phone, it said 4:25 PM. Shit! Grabbing book and bag, she headed to the counter with her library card.

Arriving at Marvin's minutes to six, Sam pressed the doorbell and waited. On his way over he did a lot of soul searching. Aunt Vie opened the door and ushered him in. "Sam, thank you for coming. Guys, Sam's here" she called out closing the door behind him.

Following her down a short hall, he bended the corner, and stepped down into the spacious living area where he was greeted by three more faces. Staring back were Martin, Marvin and Morgan. "Hey." Sam said when he walked up to Morgan who was already seated. He bent down and gave her quick peck on the cheek. Standing behind her was Marvin. He said fondly yet somberly, "Breddrin" and stretched over her head and exchanged casual handshakes with him.

Martin walked over to Sam and gave him a man hug. Holding him at arm's length, he said to him while everyone else looked on, "Sam, whatever you decide to do, we're here for you."

Standing a distance away, Aunt Vie's eyes dampened. A mixture of emotions washed over her as she stood looking on. So few families are this tight knit. She considered herself blessed having children who are fiercely loyal to one another especially in times of need. What she hated the most was that feeling of helplessness knowing full well that Sam had to take on this battle all on his own.

In silence, Sam looked at everyone and fought back feeling of despair.

Getting up, Morgan walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder then said, "I was an idiot to leave Marvin but it was love that brought me back. Tara loves you, very much. Don't underestimate her. She's a strong woman."

"Thanks Morgan." Sam sighed and covered his hand over hers.

Finally pulling his cell phone from out of his pocket, he said, "I want my family with me when I do this."

Half an hour later, the doorbell rang. Morgan ran over to the door and opened it. Giving Tara a big hug, she welcomed her in.

As Tara followed Morgan, she couldn't help but wonder if there was something terribly wrong when she got a call from Sam half an hour ago. He begged her to drop everything and come. The moment she saw the seriousness on his face, her heart dipped.

Rushing into his arms, she said, "Baby, is everything OK? What's going on?"

Taking her by the hand, he gently led her to the empty loveseat. Once they were both seated, he held her hands in his. As he looked into her soft brown eyes, he knew he had to tell her once and for all, even if it meant losing her, even if it meant hurting her.

" I am so sorry for not telling you earlier but I must." Sam began.

"Please don't be sick." Tara's voice trembled.

"Tara...I'm a shifter."

Then there was silence. No one moved. No one so much as breathed. Aunt Vie with her hands clutched tightly to her chest and the twins standing close by with their hands clutching her shoulders, they waited.

"Sam..." Tara began but stopped when she was interrupted by Sam saying,

"I love you and I will always love you even after you run out that door and leave me forever". As he sat there, it felt like his heart was ready to pop out of his mouth.

"Sam, is this what you called me all the way out here for?" Tara said sounding impatient.

"Wha'?" Sam said confused.

"I already knew."

"You did? How? When?"

"Your body temperature is always a few degrees higher than the norm, plus sometimes you bark in your sleep. Typical for two-natured and shape shifters. Yeah, I read. My suspicions were finally confirmed that night at the party in Vanceville."

Sam baffled, his mouth flew open. He wondered where she got such information as unlike vampires, shape shifters kept their abilities hidden from the public.

Tara went on to say, "I knew you had to be a supe but I wasn't sure what kind you were until I cornered Morgan in the ladies room and pumped the truth out of her."

Everyone in the room turned and looked at Morgan for answers. Meeting Sam's stares, she said,

"She's pretty persuasive and determined, you have to hand her that."

The other three, Marvin, Martin and Aunt Vie looked just as shocked as Sam was. As they gave Morgan pointed looks, they wondered how the heck she kept this from them for so long. Marvin whispered in her direction, "You have some major explaining to do".

"Hey, she made me promise not to tell" Morgan whispered back in defense.

Turning his focus back on the love of his life he began to say something when Tara put her finger to his lips and said,

"You are just a person with a special ability. That's all. And as Morgan wisely put it, you are a man, heart and soul. Sam, I love you and no one and nothing will ever change that."

"Now, can I go back to work before Arlene has a fit." Tara added getting up from her seat.

"But..hold on...wait a minute, what does this mean? Does this change anything between us?" Sam said rising to his feet.

Placing her soft hands on his cheeks and looking deeply into his sapphire eyes, she said tenderly,

"My love, the only change there is going to be between us is us making a promise to be honest and forthcoming about everything. Promise?"

"I promise."

"Now let's shake on it." Tara offered her hand smiling.

"How about we KISS on it." Sam said then grabbed her by the waist pulling her to his lips.

As they kissed, everyone surrounded them.

---the End---






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. The next installment is Volume II: Lives Anew. So, stay tuned TAM shippers.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.