Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 7: A Man's Touch

It had been a week since their outdoor rendezvous, not even a couple days after that wonderful day did Sam take a bold step in asking Tara what she felt about them moving in together. He suggested them moving into one of his rentals as they were more spacious than his trailer. She turned the offer down, tentatively. She said she didn't feel ready. Sam didn't fight it and didn't bring it up again. He felt maybe he was moving too fast and the last thing he wanted to do was scare her off. Patience Sam. Patience.

Tara's period came and as usual, she depended on over the counter medication for the first day. The moment she arrived at work, Sam could see a tinge of discomfort on her face. He met her in his office putting her bag away.

"It's that time, huh." Sam said wearing a worried look on his face. He didn't like seeing her this way.

"Uh, huh. Hey, it's nothing. " Tara said while putting on a brave face and trying to not make him worry.

"Aww, c'mere". Sam gave her a warm hug and told her to go home and sleep it off. He told her that he'll get Mat to cover for her.

"Hell no! Tara exclaimed as she lifted her head from off his chest. "Mat couldn't mix drinks if his life depended on it. The last time he served Jane Boathouse a strawberry daiquiri, her eyes spun around in her head. Luckily she was too drunk to make a fuss. Sam, don't worry, I'll be alright. I've had it worse than this before and still turned up for work. Besides, I just took some extra strength painkillers and it is just beginning to kick in."

"Are you sure?" Sam sounded worried.

"Yeah mon! Every ting aww-rite!" Tara giving him a little smile whilst imitating his friend Marvin.

Sam laughed and kissed her forehead and allowed her to start her shift.

As the evening wore on, Tara took another dose of painkillers and wished that her period would hurry along. Ever so often, Sam checked up on her keeping tabs on her status. Tara felt like a stuck record reassuring him over and over that she was fine all the while masking her aches. He even offered the bed in his trailer. She thought he was sweet but declined. She didn't feel it was that bad, yet. Sam figured she was tired and so locked up a couple of hours earlier and sent everyone home.

After everyone left, Sam grabbed a chair and sat down facing her. He reached down and picked up both her petite feet and eased them unto his lap and one by one removed her shoes.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Tara knitted her brows but was too tired to put up a resistance.

"Shhh..." Sam silenced her softly and kneaded her smooth feet with his warm, strong but gentle hands.

"Hmm.." Tara responded as the pain gradually subsided.

She closed her eyes and rocked her head back. Like a wave, a relaxed feeling rolled in and pushed her concerns away. His hands felt so warm and so sincere, she felt as if he'd reached in and touched her soul. It occurred to her that few men are this caring, this tender. She opened her eyes and in silence watched him with adoration.

Sam unaware of being watched, remained focused and continued to work on her feet for a good ten minutes and then finally, with those electrifying blues, looked up and asked, "How are you feeling now?"

Tara thought, God, he's sexy.

"The pain's almost gone! I can't believe it. Sam you're amazing. One thing for sure, I am feeling mega tired." Tara yawned.

"Maybe it's the drugs on top of you probably being slightly anemic. Let me take you home. You're in no condition to drive. Wouldn't want you end up in a ditch or worse, wrapped around a tree." Sam said helping her to her feet.

"Okay Doctor." Tara winked.


By the time they left the bar and headed down the road in Sam's truck, it was 11:30 pm. On the way to her house, Tara remarked how his foot massage did a much better job than the tablets. Sam promised her a full body massage when she was all better. Just then, Marvin Gaye's 'Sexual Healing' song came piping in over the radio. They looked at each other and then burst out laughing.

"I'd love to know where did you learn to do that?" Tara inquired, referring to the foot massage.

"Cosmo."

There was a pause.

"What? Cosmopolitan magazines are quite informative you know." Sam said in a matter-of-factly kind of way.

"Actually, I was just thinking that if more men read Cosmo, then there would be happier and longer-lasting relationships, maybe even fewer divorces" Tara said.

"Yeah, the trouble is, so few men understand women, or even bother to care to." Sam added.

Tara's eyes remained fixed on him. She wondered how could it be that she would find someone like Sam, this caring, this loving. She asked herself, do I deserve him? Then she remembered her cousin Lafayette saying that everyone deserves happiness.

Even though they were both tired, their conversations flowed easily. They chattered on for a little longer before Sam jumped in.

"Hey! Before I forget, we've been invited to a party."

"Oh yeah, who's party?" Tara's wondered.

"Marvin's brother invited us to his new night club opening party in Vanceville."

"Aww, how nice of him to invite us. When are we going?" Tara said snapping her fingers and bobbing her head to imaginary club music. Her enthusiasm was unmistakable.

"It's next week Friday night. Friday's good?" Sam asked.

"Hell yeah!"


Sam pulled up in Tara's driveway. The porch lights to the two-story semi-detached townie were on. You could see that the TV was on as there was a muted glow flickering through the drawn curtains in the picture window.

"Looks like your mom is up." Sam said.

"Or, the TV is watching her which is usually the case at this time."Tara sighed.

"Sorry you were out of it today, but, thanks for turning up."

"Thanks for the foot rub and dropping me home" Tara smiled wearily and got out of the truck.

Sam climbed out from his side and met Tara along the way. Together they walked up to the front door holding hands. As they stood in front of the door, he told her he missed her already and then lightly kissed her on the lips and then on her forehead. She told him she missed him too. He noticed that her hair held a light citrus scent as he gently pulled her in close. He loved holding her, smelling her and didn't want to let her go. Tara wrapped her arms around him and nestled her cheek on his chest. Turning her head, she buried her face between his firm pecs and inhaled. She loved his scent. His natural musk blended in with a touch of old spice deodorant and a dash of CK cologne gave her a calm, sensual yet homey feeling.

"Sam, take off your t-shirt" Tara calmly ordered.

"You mean my under shirt, why?" Sam asked.

"Please." Tara pleaded with a slight embarrassed look.

"Alright." Sam gave in then removed his plaid outer shirt, pulled off his black inner t-shirt over his head and handed it to her before proceeding to put back on his plaid shirt.

Tara took the cotton garment in a crumpled heap and pressed it to her face. As though the shirt was a bouquet of roses, she breathed in through her nostrils and closed her eyes. As he watched all this, he then understood why. Just for that sweet moment, he didn't say a word but smiled softly at her.

"I'll return this tomorrow." Tara said as she tenderly brushed the shirt over her cheeks and nose oblivious to him watching her.

"Keep it." Sam whispered and hugged her one last time before reluctantly tearing away.

"Thanks. Good night" Tara smiled shyly while opening the door.

"Good night." Sam waved and blew her a kiss as he slowly made it back to his truck parked in the driveway.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.