Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Light feathery kisses peppered the right side of her face all the way down to her bare shoulder. Her eyes immediately fluttered open. She smile to herself reminiscing about a night not too easily forgotten. He brought her to unexpected heights almost to the point of breaking. Her entire body ached specifically her back and thighs. Her swollen lips, disheveled hair were a visible reminder and she was beginning to endure the inevitable pain from those love bruises that lay from her neck down to her breasts.

"Hmmm..." She stretched out her arms and upper body. "I don't think I have the strength," she muttered scratching her wild mane.

"Frankly neither do I. Would you believe I gave you all that I had built up inside of me."

Evangeline chuckled at the revelation. After the way he behaved last night, she hardly expected to hear those words. "I guess I now know that I did satisfy."

"Always have," he replied placing a soft kiss on her cheek while stroking along her arm. "And I can ask the same of you."

"Completely..." Then it occurred to her. "What time is it?" she asked scrambling out of the bed grabbing one of his robes that lay across the bed.

"Almost 8..." The brief sight of her nakedness stirred him anew. He groaned when she secured the robe's straps.

A startled Evangeline clasped her forehead then remarked, "Oh my goodness Trevor..."

"Calm down Sweetheart. Papa Manning has taken care things," he informed her more than a little proud of himself. "Right now he's downstairs hanging out with Allison." Evangeline immediately relaxed letting out a sigh of relief. Allison has been Todd's housekeeper for quite a few years. Still she was a little miffed at herself. After all as a mother, her thoughts should be of her son.

"I'm really appreciative but..."

"No buts," he stated. "I'm his parent too and I consider it very much a privilege to be able to take care of him as well."

"Ok you're right."

 "I know I am," he replied in a wry tone then strolled over to her. "I wanted to check in on my sexy fiancée."

"Fiancée," she repeated happily gazing at her ring. She thought that her upcoming nuptials was certain to send tongues wagging but it didn't bother her. After all she and Trevor endured, they deserved peace and happiness. Life was too short to put things off for another moment.

He took a hold of her left hand and kissed it with those intense hues gazing at her. "I also made sure to prepare a warm bath for my lady love."

She smiled at him. "You thought of everything."

This was the side of him that she missed the most. He always knew how to make her feel cherished, extra special unlike any other man before or since. He revealed those parts to her that he wouldn't dare share with anyone else except those closest to him.

"I aim to continue pleasing you in every which way," he said then his tone changed. "Evangeline I took our love for granted before but now that you've given me another chance, I promise to love and take care of you and our son."

"Hold on Baby mama needs to take care of her needs before..."

He didn't care instead pulling her into his embrace, kissing her sweetly. "I love you more morning breath and all," he had to add.

"Shut up," she playfully smacked his arm. "I love you too Baby."

He spun her around and smacked her bottom. "Hey," she squealed rubbing the spot. It caught her a bit off guard and she peaked over her shoulder only to receive a wink.

"When you're ready breakfast is waiting..."

 

 

"So you're going to leave me all alone," she remarked in a sultry tone. Her little aches didn't matter as much not with such a hot and handsome fiancé standing in front of her. Her body began to tingle.  "There are certain parts of me that are very hard to reach..."

 

Evangeline giggled when Todd quickly scooped her up into his arms and raced into the bathroom.

 

֍֍֍֍

Todd booked a private dining area at Mica's for himself, Evangeline and their two invited guests. A bottle of champagne was chilling in a bucket beside their table and for the moment both took pleasure in having the room all to themselves.

"Soon someone will come," Evangeline remarked in between kisses running her fingers through his silky hair.

"Let them," he replied caressing the back of her neck. "Are you worried?"

"Far from it. Truth be told I don't care much for your sister." Evangeline sighed instantly killing the mood. "I know what Vicki thinks about me. She can be very condescending with her comments."

"Sweetheart she's just being protective of her little brother."

Evangeline countered, "She wants you with Blair. Blair could have you burning at the stake and she would still mount a defense for you two staying together."

Todd laughed at the scenario. "Heck I'm also sure that Layla hates my guts."

"No she doesn't. It's the things you do that sometimes get in the way. ...As long as I'm happy, she'll support us."

"Ditto for Vicki."

‘Enough about them," he said drawing their lips together.

"Ahem..." Of course Vicki was first to arrive. "Todd what is this all about?"

"I would certainly like to know as well," said Layla who came in behind her. "I hope you didn't invite me to dinner to see your make out session with Todd."

Evangeline answered, "We actually have two announcements..."

"First we are moving into a brand new home..."

"And you're getting married," a surprised Layla blurted out. There was no mistaken that exquisite diamond ring on Evangeline's ring finger.

"No way..." Now Todd was surprised that Vicki knew the phrase. Both women promptly seated themselves. "Todd you asked her so soon?"

"And Vange you accepted?"

"Look we didn't ask you out to dinner to hear your critiques. This is happening whether you want it to or not."

"Vange you seemed to forget what happened the last time you chose Mr. Wonderful."

Evangeline stroked Todd's hand and their fingers intertwined. "I haven't forgotten but I know for sure that this time around things are different,' she emphasized.

They regarded each other. "There's nothing I wouldn't do for Evangeline and our son. I've learned that being without them isn't an option anymore."

"I just feel like this is all so sudden," Vicki said shaking her head.

Evangeline threw her hands up. "There you go Vicki tell us how you really feel."

"Don't you see she believes that you are too good for her brother? Blair is more his speed..."

"Is that true?" He didn't understand that rationale or why he never thought about it that way.

"Layla!"

"No Vicki you need to stop. Bottom line is that I love Evangeline with all my heart and there is no way on God's green earth that I'm letting her go after she's given me another chance. I have a heart sis," he said smacking his chest.

"I know that Todd."

"Then be happy for me and the woman I love; the family we have created out of that love."

"Be happy for me too Layla. I adore Todd Manning and the future we are creating. I need my sister's support." Evangeline reached out her hand and Layla accepted.

"Alright I'm game." Layla relented. "I believe you need to pop that cork brother-in-law."

"Ok then," Vicki agreed.

"There's another thing..."

"Another thing?" Vicki and Layla questioned at the same time.

"We're getting married tonight."

Vicki quickly snatched the champagne bottle away from Todd, taking a sizable gulp. "I believe I'm ready for anything now."

"Mom is not going to like this," Layla chimed in taking a sip of her champagne.

"But we do..."

"And I concur wholeheartedly."

 

֍֍֍֍

The rather simple affair still had all the appearances of a well put together upscale wedding. With such short notice, the gathering featured a sparse crowd. On the groom's side Vicki came along with his niece Jessica and her daughter Bree. Evangeline's side was even smaller with only Layla and a couple of her close friends. The children were present with the glaring exception of Starr; Todd decided it best not to invite her. They recited traditional vows and the wedding song was If I Aint Got You by Alicia Keys.

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥

One more photo of the radiant bride and groom. That's it...That's it...Gorgeous. ...I believe we are finished here.

 

 

"Mrs. Manning..."

"Mr. Manning..."

Both laughed at their pronouncement after which their lips indulged in a passionate kiss. It felt wonderful to take a breath and have this moment alone cuddling, kissing and whispering words of love.

"From the moment I saw my gorgeous bride walking down that aisle, I knew all I've ever dreamed and hoped for came true. You almost took my breath away."

Their hands clasped together. "Just seeing you standing there with your handsome self - staring so intently at me...Baby I really adore your eyes. They say so much without any words being spoken. I believe my heart did skip a beat a few times. There was so much love..." He silently caressed her face and his eyes told her much. "I understand that you wanted..."

"Hey tonight is a celebration and I want to concentrate on my beautiful wife. I'm tired Sweetheart...so tired of reflecting on the past. With or without her presence, we are moving forward with our lives."

"I know Baby," Evangeline responded linking their foreheads together. "Come on we need to get back.

"Only to say goodbye because I've got plans that just (kissed her cheek) can't wait (kissed her neck)" At the same time his hands were moving beneath her dress.

Evangeline let out a moan. "Is that so..."

"Very much and here's a sample."

 

*************************************************************************

 

 

"Daddy...daddy...where's mommy," asked an inquisitive Eryka who was the younger of Todd and Evangeline's two adorable daughters. All three were snuggled together on the sofa reading Pajama Time before the girls went to bed. Eryka was at that age when a question was bound to come up at any moment.

"She's getting ready for bed Munchkin and I think it's time to take you and Tangie upstairs." He tickled both of them and the girls giggled aloud. "So who wants to play airplane and who wants to climb on daddy's back?"

"I'm smaller so I get to be airplane."

"Sometimes I miss playing airplane but that just means I'm becoming a big girl right daddy?"

"Right Sweet Pea. Come on...come on...the daddy train is leaving." Todd leaned back and yelled, "All Aboard."

The girls giggled again then climbed into their respective positions. Todd considered these moments with his daughters very precious. His relationship with Starr had never recovered sufficiently enough for them to not feel a bit awkward around one another not that Starr came around much.

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

 "Trevor..."

"Mom just one more game because Sam is about to go down."

 

 

"In your dreams Trev..."

She heard the game sounds coming from Sam's bedroom as she walked past and decided to make her presence known. Usually she would insist but seeing that it was vacation time, she decided to let it go for now.

"Ok one more game but if you wake up late just know that we're on a schedule tomorrow..."

"Which means wake up late little brother, like you usually do, you'll be left ‘home alone'."

Trevor stuck out his tongue. "I'll bet I will wake up earlier than you."

"Mom you heard that."

If someone asked, Evangeline may say that it never occurred to her the exact moment when Sam started calling her mom. She considered Sam so much a part of her that it came natural to accept him calling her so.

"Loud and clear so we'll see," Evangeline smiled. Trevor was notorious for being a late riser especially when he was school break. "Goodnight guys and remember what I said. Sam..."

"Yeah mom I promise."

"Goodnight mom," they said in unison.

 

֍֍֍֍

Todd and the girls were still horsing around when Evangeline stepped into their shared bedroom.

"Uh Oh," all three said upon seeing her.

"Tangie, Eryka its time for the both of you to get into bed." Looks like everyone wanted to stay up tonight, Evangeline surmised.

"Awww," the girls groaned with disappointment but acquiesced.

Evangeline rubbed her swollen abdomen shaking her head and smiling at Todd.

"Sweetheart it's not my fault," he immediately put up a defense.

"Sometimes you indulge them way too much." She adjusted their bed linen and kissed both their foreheads. "Goodnight lovelies."

"Goodnight mommy...goodnight daddy...goodnight baby."

 

♥♥♥♥♥

Todd and Evangeline pulled back the covers and climbed into bed. So much had changed during their ten years of marriage but the abiding affection they felt for each other never waned. "Angel are you sure you're up for this?" Todd asked as they shifted into each other's embrace.

"Although I've been feeling tired lately that doesn't mean that I can't entertain our families for Christmas. I can't sit around and not do anything."

Entertaining family meant hosting Hugh, Layla and their three-year-old daughter Anaya. It was evident that the men would never be besties but for the sake of their happy marriages, they did their best to get along. As far as his mother-in-law was concerned, he knew Lisa analyzed his every move but they rarely saw her these days, which was good enough for him. Lisa had a chip on her shoulders when it came to the wedding. Ten years later and she was still waiting for the promised "official wedding"

"Sweetheart I'll be watching you very carefully and if I see that there is something wrong..."

"Then its bedtime for me. The kids will find that hilarious." Todd didn't laugh at the comment though instead he kissed her forehead and Evangeline let out a breath. "Baby I find it amazing how our lives turned out after all that turmoil. We've created a wonderful home and family. The kids are growing up so fast...Jack living on his own finding that great position at Fultec, Sam soon off the college. Where did the years go?"

"They certainly flew by but I'm so happy. I've enjoyed every moment. I get to have the life and love that I've always wanted and I wouldn't change anything."

"Not too boring of a life for Todd Manning."

Once the Banner sold, he took off a few months. An opportunity arose and he joined in a business partnership for an up and coming restaurant named Shays. Todd dealt with the business aspects while Chef Nolan took care of the day-to-day operations. Evangeline on the other hand joined Hugh in the DA's office. Sometimes it seemed awkward working with her brother-in-law especially when they bucked heads on a difficult case but they never allowed it to stray beyond the office.

"Never. I accept this life and all that comes along with it. I love you and the kids so so much."

"And I love you too."

He lifted her chin placing a lingering kiss on her lips.

"Oh..." The baby starting kicking.

He began rubbing her abdomen then inched his way down. "Daddy loves you too." He softly kissed her abdomen and whispered more words of love. It was turning into a conversation.  

In the meantime, Evangeline stroked his hair thinking how incomplete her life would be without the man she loves and the children they adored. Looking back, she recalled how fearful she was just getting on that plane. She feared returning to that overwhelming feeling of hurt and shame. It took her little miracle for her to begin this journey and now I'm Blessed.

"Better now?"

"Better," she agreed. "He/She needs attention just like its daddy."

"I'll take that as a compliment. Now where were we..."

 

**THE END**

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks to all those who took time to read and especially write a review!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.