Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


DAY 1

She was still alive how the hell was that possible? Anika Wallace slowly got up even though her body felt like it weighed a ton and she was still in bit of a shock.

The plane or at least what was left of it was now in complete shambles along the beach; and as far as Anika could see bodies were scattered in the sand.

Those bodies used to be people; most of them who weren’t particularly nice to her but still they had been people none the less.Was everybody dead? surely she couldn’t be the only one even the pilot was dead.

Where the hell was she? Anika could have been home in Chicago by now yet she found herself on some random island in God knows where completely alone.

Well almost completely alone….

“Thank God I thought I was the only one left…. Wallace?”

Anika turned around to see her co-worker Hunter Sterling IV come from behind the plane and she wasn’t at all surprised to see that he was disappointed.

“Sterling” she replied stiffly

“You’re the only one left?” he asked rather surprised and a bit rudely

“Yes Sterling I’m the only one left,” she said keeping her wall up despite what he said hurting her feelings “I’m sorry that the only black woman on this business trip happened to survive this deadly plane crash”

“Oh stop it Wallace you know I didn’t mean like that,” Hunter said rolling his eyes “you’re always so sensitive”

“Sure you don’t”

Hunter ignored her and made his way around the shambles of the plane and the bodies. Everyone was dead.

Patrick was dead.

Cameron was dead.

David was dead.

Edward was dead.

Garrett was dead.

Brooke was dead.

Catherine was dead.

Giselle was dead.

Jennifer was dead.

Liliana was dead.

Even the fucking pilot was dead. Yet here was Anika Wallace pretty much alive and breathing right here with him.

Although part of Hunter was thankful not to be isolated on this island completely alone why was the only other person alive the most hated co-worker?

Why couldn’t his buddy Garrett Borden be here? The two of them went way back to junior high school at least he could tolerate him.

What about Giselle Mitchells? Hunter had found himself flirting with the very sociable blonde for about a year now maybe he would have finally gotten to fuck her like he always wanted.

Alas the only person Hunter found himself deserted with was Anika.

“Now do you believe me Sterling?”

Hunter and Anika never addressed each other by their first names in fact pretty much everyone addressed Anika by her last name not really wanting her to fit in the friendly vibe in the office.

Anika did the same to them showing that she could play that game too. Hunter and the rest of her white co-workers were just bitter and defensive that she had been accepted into their workspace with no connections accept her education and hard work ethic.

Hunter like the rest of their co-workers had gotten their high paying positions simply because their fathers or grandfathers were in the business.

In Hunter’s case it had been through his great grandfather to his grandfather to his father and finally down to him as well as receiving a typical ivy league college education.

Anika was disgusted that she didn’t have those types of connections and had to actually put in the effort for her education with no promise of a job title; yet her white silver spoon peers barely had to lift a finger.

So she knew that they resented her in their good old boy network and would take advantage of her. Anika worked overtime to make deadlines just so everybody didn’t blame it on her sometimes even finishing other people’s projects along with hers.

Yet at the end of the day Anika was still underpaid compared to Hunter and their co-workers but she did not dare complain or say a word it would be too much of a risk.

Anika was already labeled as the only angry black woman she didn’t want to lose her job because of it.

“Unbelievable” Hunter grumbled “fucking unbelievable”

“You moaning and groaning about it isn’t going to be change the situation”

“We just had to go teach those people about their own damn plants---“

Those people?” Anika said disgusted “are you hearing yourself right now?  You work for a botanical medical research company it’s your job and those people really?---“

“I don’t want to hear this shit right now Wallace”

“I don’t care you’re going to hear it” Anika continued “not everybody is born into an upper class white family with a silver spoon in their mouth some aren’t as fortunate”

“You think this is fortunate?!?” Hunter snapped back at her “we don’t even know where the fuck we are right now!”

“No I don’t think it’s fortunate but at least we’re both still alive the crash could have killed us just as easily you know”

Hunter couldn’t argue with Anika on that they were in fact lucky to be alive but it still didn’t change the fact that they were deserted on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

“Alright Wallace what are we supposed to do now then?”

“First off drop the arrogant attitude it’s not helping and it’s childish you’re twenty-six years old act like it” Anika said “there’s a good portion of the plane that hasn’t been damaged we can use for shelter for now there may be some food and clothes to last use for now”

“What about the rest of our crew?”

“They’re dead” Anika said with no emotion “we’ll of course have to bury them before they start to rot and attract God knows what predators that happen to be on this island”

“Way to not even care Wallace” Hunter said disgusted by how detached Anika came off “they were people before they were dead you know”

 

“Let’s just get it over with” Anika said, “it’s already late afternoon we only have a few hours of sunlight left”

Hunter and Anika buried their co-workers and pilot close on the on the other side of the beach. It took a while since the only thing that had to dig up the sand with was some of the plane’s metal boards.

Hunter stayed behind a bit to grieve while Anika made her way back to the remainder of the plane that would be their camp. Those were his friends not hers she wasn’t going to shed a tear for the same people who had made her feel like shit.

Anika set up a campfire with some of the sticks and wood found close by and set up a pan over the fire to heat up a can of soup to split between them.

Most of the food supply consisted of snacks like chips and cookies, a couple of cans of Campbell’s soup, a loaf of bread, and two gallons of water. With a food supply like this they’d be lucky if this lasted them a week.

“Is this all there is to eat?” Hunter asked as he returned “we’ll end up being dead soon too then”

“It’s something and not nothing so don’t complain” Anika said simply “here’s your portion”

Hunter sat down on in the sand across from Anika and accepted the warm soup and slice of bread he hadn’t realized how hungry he was until he literally gulped up all of the soup and the bread.

“Any more soup?” he asked

“Yes but that’s for breakfast tomorrow” Anika said simply

“What?” Hunter complained, “that was hardly nothing though I’m still hungry”

“We don’t have an endless supply of food Sterling; you’re not going to starve if we ration our food wisely”

“It’s not like we’ll be here forever” Hunter insisted “there’s probably a search party for us right now”

“We can’t take our chances” Anika said knowing full well more than likely the search party would probably just be for him nobody would be looking for her

“I’d give it a week,” Hunter said taking a bag of chips instead

“And if we’re still here in a week then what are we going to do?”

“Damn Wallace loosen up” Hunter rolled his eyes annoyed “that’s the problem with you too damn uptight when’s the last time you got fucked?”

“You’re such an asshole Sterling”

“The truth hurts though Wallace you wouldn’t be like this if you had a good fuck every once and a while”

“Fuck you”

“Oh I know you want to fuck me”

Anika rolled her eyes then she had to remind herself that Hunter was pretty much used to having pussy thrown at him left and right; he had another thing coming if he thought she’d ever submit to him.

“Anyway like I was saying,” she said, “we need to ration what we have for now better safe than sorry”

“Sure” Hunter said dismissively “we’ll be back in Chicago in a few days anyway I’d kill for a large pepperoni pizza and a Heineken right about now”

Once the two of them were finished eating and the fire was put out they looked for a place to sleep in the plane. Luckily for them the portion of the plane that had been spared was the first class section and the seats could be pushed out into beds.

“Night Sterling”

“Yeah don’t let the bed bugs crawl up your ass Wallace” Hunter replied as he got ready on his side of the tiny compartment yanking his t-shirt off then flopping into bed.

Rain began to fall making a light pitter-patter on the roof of the plane then gradually making it’s steady downpour.

Anika turned around to her bed and snuggled under the light blanket and laid there quietly with thoughts racing through her mind.

Anika had no idea how long they would be here and surely word would get to the company that their plane had not arrived back at the scheduled time it was supposed to.

Being the fourth generation of Sterlings; Anika was certain that Hunter had a comfortable life back at home to return to she of course didn’t.

Anika worried about her ailing grandmother and how she would be doing; sure she had two younger brothers that could care for her but they were both still in high school and only fifteen.

Anika not only paid her rent but helped pay for her grandmother’s medical bills and care since she refused to see her in a nursing home; she was their rock and without her there she didn’t know what would happen.

“God please watch over Nana and the boys” she whispered “keep them strong”

Anika fell asleep without even knowing that Hunter had overheard her little prayer.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.