Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 30 Pt.2

Leading with my brother who for some reason couldn't stop giggling like a hyena high on crack or something, a couple pot-bellied drunks sitting on the lawn chairs wearing string vests that looked more suited for their one-year old toddlers joined in the laughing circus.

As if shit like that could come out my mouth.

I was always the one to single-handedly put myself in circumstances I'd been wanting to avoid and it annoyed me to no end. My dad had looked at me with raised eyebrows simply amused most likely wondering where his lovely, civilized, introvert of a daughter had gone.

I stood awkwardly as I became furrowed in embarrassment and I had planned to make my swift getaway by walking over to Mr. Santos, the head caterer that I had hired for Mr. Henriquez's New Year's Party who had smiled and winked at me in recognition as he flipped burgers on the barbecue grill. Unfortunately as I was about to make my move a pair of arms enveloped me in a tight embrace which I had no choice but to return.

"Chica, Dios I missed you so much!"

Sara's face appeared in my view after nearly squeezing the living days out of me, her ever-present smile beam at me pulled an easy grin on my face also.

"Sara, I missed you too but I know my mum missed you more than anyone here," I said laughing glancing at my mum who just rolled her eye dismissively at me.

Cupping her smooth, soft hands around my cheeks, with still a care-free grin on her face she loudly said, "Chica if you still need to go to the toilet, Angelo can show you the way."

Without thinking I shifted my heat flushed face to the one person I had failed oh-so successfully to avoid. He had a stupid smirk dangling off his lips yet the reserved look in his midnight eyes had my heart twerking and my belly clenching with want. Jesus help please.

Smiling back at Sara I replied, "I think I'll be fine without the make up," I said emphasising 'make up' a little louder, so people wouldn't get wrong idea of why I had needed to go to the toilet.

Instead of accepting my answer, she decided to press on further, "Are you sure chica? Because Angelo wouldn't mind-"

"Sara, really I'll be fine. I don't need it," I said cutting in not wanting her to pursue the matter any longer.

I may have been seeing things but it did look like the hopeful expression on her marred but yet beautiful face fell just a little bit at my answer but just as soon the happy-go-lucky expression reappeared on her face and grabbing my wrist she led me behind the cloth-covered tables that had several silver chafing dishes for the buffet, so we wouldn't be blocking people in queue wanting to serve themselves. The desperation to just a grab a plate and join the line was eating me up, but Sara was not done with me yet. My parents had wasted no time grabbing a plate for themselves and getting themselves busy with a chicken thigh.

Bringing me out of the smoky canopy and into the burning sun, my heart thundered as I realised how close I was to Angelo who was sitting on the steps that led to the back doors of his uncle's house. Breathing out slowly I prayed, I would not act like a frazzled idiot.

"Chica, you look beautiful today!"

Averting my eyes being caught with shyness, I forwarded the compliment to her. She certainly did look good with the coral dress that reached mid-thigh exposing her toned, tanned, long legs which she paired off with brown strappy wedges.

Suddenly I felt Sara's breath over my ears as she whispered ever so gently, "Being in love and being loved amplifies a woman's beauty, chica."

Distancing herself from me, her warm brown eyes shone with a knowing look and I stood there wiping my palms across my dress, fiddling with my fingers, unsure of what to say.

I had never been more thankful for anyone to interrupt a conversation than the moment when I saw my brother approaching us.

"Mrs. Henriquez, I don't know where the toilet is."

Sara turned round looking down at Bobby with a motherly smile on her face. "Alright sweetie, I'll just get Angelo for you," turning the opposite way where Angelo was, she called out his name prompting him to get up and come over.

"I need you to show Bobby the toilet," Sara said.

Without so much as a warning, I felt an arm slip possessively around my waist and soft lips pressed swiftly on the edge of my mouth, leaving my lips tingling for more. Just as quickly his arms let go of me, steadying myself with a hand placed above my hammering heart, I looked at a happily surprised Sara wondering whether I had imagined the whole thing.

Being as coolly as ever I heard him say, "Come on, Bobby let's go."

Perplexed I watched as he headed towards the sliding doors with Bobby following behind who turned round puckering up his lips playfully at me.

"You kids confuse me," said Sara shaking her head.

Still dazed, I turned around slowly facing Sara, asking, "What do you mean?"

Laughing at my expression, she responded, "Doesn't matter chica. Let's get some food."

A few minutes later we were seated underneath a canopy tent not too far from the barbecue and I came to a shocking discovery that Angelo's dad and uncle were identical twins!

There were only subtle differences between them, one was that Angelo's dad or Elias as he had introduced himself was deeply tanned and sported less grey hairs than his brother Eduardo, other than that it was like staring at the same person. I had been surprised by the tight embrace I had received from him as soon as he saw me.

"Dios mío, eres hermosa. Vas a ser una adición bienvenida a esta familia," I heard Elias say placing a firm yet gentle grip on my shoulders whilst looking deeply into my eyes.

I looked back at him with an awkward smile on my face, having no clue what he had uttered thankfully Sara had been present and had told him that I didn't speak Spanish.

"I said, you are beautiful. You're a welcome addition to this family," said Elias after chuckling at his own misunderstanding.

My eyes had widened in realisation at what Angelo's dad was implying or to tell the truth to what I secretly wanted him to be implying.

Speaking in their native language Sara gestured at my parents who had risen up from their seats ready to introduce themselves, giving me brief moments to calm my racing heart.

After all the introductions were done and over with, the Henriquezs' which included Elias, Sara, Eduardo and his wife thought it best if we joined two tables together to accommodate more space for my mum and dad. Forking my fries passively, I spanked the jealous ogre in me as I glanced longingly at the couples cosy up to each other.

"Finally you come back what took you all so long?" said Sara looking up at the figures behind me.

The empty seats between me were filled by Bobby and Robinho on one side and Angelo on the other, who with a smirk directed at me, simply answered, "Nothing."

I could no longer focus on eating, he had drawn his chair impossibly closer to me and my breathing automatically escalated when I felt the slow stroke of his thumb on my lap. When I had attempted to squirm away from his touch he had gripped me tighter. "Don't make a scene, I just want to touch you."

Needing my attention to be distracted immediately, I glanced at all the faces around the table only to notice that they were all engaged in their own conversation. My dad who I had expected to be acting the over-protective father didn't even look my way, he was too busy in a conversation with the men on the table not seeming fazed by the close proximity of Angelo.

Pretending to be staring down at my half-eaten food, I sneaked glances at Angelo's manly, very manly hands resting on my laps until a question from Elias had my head snapping up.

"Is there a wedding in process for the both of you?"

What made it worse was that he glanced back and forth between Angelo and I expectedly as if he'd asked the most obvious question ever.

There was clearly a misunderstanding. I looked at my mum and dad thinking they were going to say something but they just grinned back at me like someone hadn't indirectly asked for their daughter's hand in marriage. Sighing, I thought it was up to me to clear the air.

"Mr. Henriquez we're not getting mar-"

Oxygen seized from my lungs for a moment cutting me off short as Angelo seemed to have located a spot along my inner thigh that had struck many chords.

Slapping his hands away from me, I whispered, "Stop doing that."

I was surprised by the irritant look on his face as he retorted, "Well don't saying something you don't mean."

Stunned by his response, I could only stare back. Wrapping his arms around my shoulders pulling me closer, he turned to his father stating rather cheekily, "Sometimes when she's overwhelmed with the surplus of affection I give her, she says things without thinking, papi."

Glancing back at me with a silly smirk on his face, before unexpectedly kissing my cheeks once again, he said, "Isn't that right, Luciana?"

Wanting to wipe that self-assured smirk off his face but not wanting to cause a scene I turned facing Mr. Henriquez with a forced a smile on my face.

I suspected Angelo's dad must have had one too many margaritas as his noticeably dilated eyes gazed at his son whilst pointing a finger at him, "Mi hijo, remember the conversation I had with you when you were sixteen?"

I became suddenly curious when I glanced back at Angelo and noticed his neck had turned a light shade of pink as he nodded in response to his father's question.

Directing his pointer finger at me his gaze still fixed on his son saying, "Ella tiene sus cojones. No la dejes ir."

I really wanted to know what he had said to Angelo to make him turn mighty red but nevertheless I smiled contently realising for once he was the one in the uncomfortable position.

Transferring his gaze at me, Elias advised, "Don't let him go."

Laughing uneasily, I picked up my iced tea and downed it in one go - he had told me not to let him go like I really had the upper hand in the situation.

I could only blame the alcohol consumption having affected my dad's mouth filter, but then I knew my dad was not a lightweight, so he really had no excuse for making matter worse by saying, "Son, I don't recall you asking for my daughter's hand in marriage."

Angelo didn't even have time to respond as Eduardo's wife Amanda joined in the conversation, "Should we be expecting another set of Henriquez twins?"

Sara suddenly interested in the conversation added, "Angelo's grandfather was a twin and his great-great grandfather too, so that might be a strong possibility for mi hijo."

In that moment I wished the sun could just melt me until I became a chocolate puddle in the ground. Even though I was burning with embarrassment the image of my belly swollen with Angelo's child gave a warm glow inside me, no lie, I easily grew used to the idea.

Angelo seemed to be taking it all in his stride, rolling his eyes as Sara clapped her hand excitedly and eyes filled with glee, announcing, "I want some grandbabies!"

Luckily Eduardo intervened noticing the discomfort the conversation was making both of us, "Nothing is happening, until these kids say so. Everybody needs to calm down and just chill out. Comprendes?"

All the adults held their red plastic cups in acknowledgement finally allowing me to breathe a sigh of relief.

Well that was until I saw Sara smile like she knew something I didn't, which set a bunch alarms going off in my head. Placing her cup down, she said, "Angelo why don't you go show Luciana your big surprise?"

All that was running through my mind was the scene back at his house. Not wanting to make my panic obvious, I said, "It's okay it can wait."

The suggestive wink from Sara certainly did not help my racing thoughts, "Chica, I think you're going to like it."

Not even give me a chance to protest against going Angelo's hands enclosed around mine tightly dragging me out of my seat, before whispering lowly in my ear, "I think you're going to like it too."

From behind me, I heard Sara cheer, "You kids have fun!"

Still holding hands, we squeezed around the maze of tables, dancing bodies and water gun-fighting children before completely leaving the backyard walking round to the front of the house.

I realised that we had walked right past the main house and heading towards an unknown direction. "Where are you taking me to?"

Dismissing my question, I watched him press a button on a fob key and the gates to the large garage we were standing in front of slowly opened. "Happy Graduation."

I stood momentarily paralysed at the subject in my view not sure if it was possible for me to even react. His arms encircled my waist, before resting them on my midriff. "Do you like it?"

My eyes wide in shock I palmed my mouth unable to say anything.

"Yeah...I'm guessing your stunned silence says it all."

"Hopefully what you heard is that I can't accept it," I said still in the 'after-shocks' of seeing my 'gift'.

Snorting, he answered, "Who said you had a choice?"

Entranced by the beauty of the black coupe I walked closer ignoring his question for the minute, pondering on why I found it so familiar.

"In case you're wondering, this is the reason why we met," said Angelo quietly.

My eyes expanding in realisation, I gasped aloud, "Is this the same car that I dented its bumper?"

"It's not just a car. It's the car that you only went and hit its back two weeks after my dad got it for my birthday, so you understand why I was pissed," responded Angelo smirking at the dumb-founded expression on my face, "and I never got round to apologising to you...until now. I was an asshole to you that day and for that I'm sorry."

My heart beat faster with the intimate look in his eye, faking a cough I averted my eye to the 'love machine'. Yes, referring it as the 'love machine' was very much cheesy but I'd say it's appropriate for the situation.

"So erm, did you manage to get the dent fixed?"

Stuffing his hands in his pockets he replied, "Nope."

"Why not?"

"I could if I wanted to but I like the reminder."

"The reminder of what?"

"How you and I met of course, duh."

"Oh."

My heart thumped like it was getting ready to escape my chest, moments passed and neither of us said anything only the music in the distance could be heard.

"My mum told me about what happened when you went out shopping together."

It took me a long second to figure out that he was talking about the ignorant women back at the changing rooms who I'd wanted to do some severe damage to had Sara not restrained me. Just thinking about it recharged my anger at what they had said.

"Honestly, Angelo, your mother is one strong woman."

"Yeah she is, but I can be quite over-protective when it comes to her and if I had been with her that day I would have fucked those girls up with my words alone."

"Yeah, I've been witness to that before," I said referring back to the day we first met.

Smiling more to himself, he sat on the roof of the car allowing more distance between us. "So when are you going to take a ride in it?"

"Never ever. It's - It's too much. Besides my parents wouldn't even allow me to accept it, " I said knowing that I was going to have to put up with more argument from him.

"Your parents know."

"They know?"

"Yes they do. It's really a present from both our families. Your parents wanted to at least pay for the damage done to the car but I said no, so instead they decided to cover the insurance expenses."

I made a mental note to deeply thank my parents but still feeling uneasy at receiving such an expensive gift, I replied, "Maybe we can take it out for a ride later, but first I need to go say thank you to our families."

In one short movement I felt myself being swooped up and laid down on the hood of the car. "That can wait. I'm not done with you."

Removing his arms from underneath me leaning back, I watched him watch me appraisingly before holding up a piece of paper he'd gotten out of the back pocket of the jeans he was wearing.

"I think you might have been looking for this."

"If it's the recommendation letter I asked you a month ago for, forget it. They most probably have found someone else already," I said glancing at the paper dismissively.

"This is no recommendation letter."

Seeing my look of mortification, after recognizing my handwriting, only made Angelo the infamous Butt-bag smile wider. "Your brother thought it was wise I read this."

It all finally clicked at why Bobby had been acting all weird with me and it didn't help the embarrassment that washed over me at being laid all bare in ink writing. I didn't say anything because I knew some awkward- not-put-together sentence would jumble out of my mouth.

"Read it to me," commanded Angelo, with no question in his voice, passing the scrunched up paper to me.

"No."

"Come on, don't be Luci-anal."

Folding my arms stubbornly, I said annoyed, "I'll be however I like."

All he did was raise an eyebrow. "Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah."

"Please."

The unexpected tenderness in his voice caused me to look up and pay attention to his eyes - I couldn't fight with what I saw. Scowling at being damn well coerced into reading my most vulnerable thoughts, I grabbed the piece of paper out of his hand to his best delight.

Acting truly did run in his blood for in thirty seconds he'd been authoritative, teasing, playful and last but certainly not least, raw - yeah, that was the only appropriate word I could use to describe how his dark eyes had gripped me to do as he wished.

Just as I was about to start reading, he said, "And when you read it, read it like you mean it."

"You're pushing it."

"Nope, I'd rather push it in."

Sighing, I placed the sheet right in front of my face not even bothering to entertain his dirty comment.

"I love you, even though I don't know how-," my breath caught in my throat at the feel of Angelo's lips drape slow kisses around my ankles triggering sensations that made my concentration waver.

"Don't stop."

He'd taken the words right out of my mouth.

Focusing back on the paper, my speech only came out in the form of shallow breaths and accidental moans for the remainder of the reading, as he had progressively laid kisses leading upwards until we were face to face. The dear car had depressed with the pressure of our weights as Angelo hovered above me on all fours. Both our breathing had deeply escalated as we once again found ourselves watching each other.

Already having memorized the last line of the poem, I searchingly gazed in his face as I brought my finger across his moist lips, "Let me drive you...crazy."

His head dipped and I thought he was going in for the killer kiss, but no - not yet.

"Luciana, I want to tell you something."

"Wh-what?" I managed to say.

The most beautiful and assuring smile staring down at me and only me said, "Any inch of your skin you don't like, I love more. I love anything that divides, subtracts, adds, multiples and equals to you. I love you."

 






Chapter End Notes:

A.N: I sincerely appreciate the support I have gotten from this book over the last four years from the conception of the book.

I also want to thank those who bought the book too, you are all so well appreciated.

And for those not having had enough of Luciana and Angelo, the sequel, "The Entitled Girl" is out now.

And if you'd like to own a copy of your own you can get yours at Amazon.

As many of my Day 1 readers will tell you - I change my mind a lot! So don't be surprised if you see this book suddenly not available on the Valent Chamber.


Either way, if you're reading this, then that means a lot to me, so thank you for your support.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.