Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 8

There I was on a Saturday morning furiously wiping the smudges off of the oven's handle bar with Angelo constantly having something to say about my cleaning skills. There was no pleasing this guy. And to top up on the nonsense, I suspected the maid uniform (obviously not the other one) he made me wear was purposely one size too small for me and it just clung and rubbed against me the wrong way and made me all icky and sticky and sweaty and bleurgh.

"Look, you're missing a spot", he said from behind me, "right there."

Welcoming in a deep breath and praying for emergency patience I said nothing as I wiped over the dial turner.

"You do know I can see your reflection on the oven door?"

Holding in a smirk I said nothing. Finally able to come to full knowledge that I was less than willing to engage in conversation with him, he left me to it.

It was only half an hour later when I was done with the kitchen that I noticed how quiet it was. Thankful for the drink of water, I dropped the glass cup on the kitchen counter and decided to check on my brother.

Getting closer to the room where Bobby was sleeping, I could hear his voice. I didn't even realise that my brother sleep talked.

"...and then there was this huge, green monster, with big fangs. And then the potato bear said hello and she smiled back and said you look like my silly sauce..."

I opened the door to the room, three seconds from bursting out laughing, but when I saw Angelo's face, I had to let it out.

What was Bobby on? For a good ten seconds I did nothing but laugh, laugh out loud, laugh to my heart's content. My brother had quite the imagination. And he definitely was the least pleased that Angelo and I weren't taking it seriously.

I could tell that Angelo had not fully sobered up. "Your brother was just telling me about his dream."

I still had giggles threatening to escape my mouth, so to be on the safe side I tightened my mouth into a polite smile looking over at Bobby. His small hands were rubbing his eyes erasing the sleep from them as his feet dangled from the bed.

I sat down next to him and wrapped one arm around his shoulders and with my fingers I gently raked through his short curly hair, wondering what brought on the misty look on Angelo as he watched us.

"I don't like this room."

Wide eyed now, and looking at the sickly green theme of the room, my brother had clearly forgotten about his potatoe bear.

I wasn't completely shocked at his bluntness but I did think he would reserve his opinion until we returned home and not in the presence of the enemy.

"Bobby that was rude. Say sorry."

With a scowl on his face, he mumbled an apology.

"It's fine", Angelo said, speaking for the first time since having his laughing fit, "lucky for you I don't take offence that easily."

Still not happy, I decided to let it go. This time only.

"When can we go home Lucy?"

Glad for the question, instead of answering, I forwarded the question over to sir in standing in the corner in a sickly sweet tone, "Yes, please tell us when we can go home Mr. Henriquez."

Ignoring my gaze, he focused his attention back to Bobby. "As soon as your sister make me a hearty breakfast."

Keeping in my grunt, I settled for a surreptitious roll of an eye. He should go hire himself a damn chef.

"Why does my sister have to make you breakfast?"

I didn't really want Bobby finding out what sort of naughties his sister's been getting up to, but before I could even come up with some sort of cover Angelo had intercepted once again.

"Because I'm her BFFH."

"What's a BFFH?"

Bobby had taken the words right out of my mouth.

"Best friend future husband."

"Ooh Lucy, I'm telling mummy you're going to kiss kiss."

I know I didn't want Bobby to know what I was getting up to but I didn't exactly expect Angelo to be saying delusional mess like that.

Cutting the butt bag a dirty look as he lightly chuckled, I grabbed my brother's hand and walked out the room, ignoring the burst of frantic beats from my heart.

Ignoring it the best I could, I should say.

I wasn't stupid. He wasn't stupid either. It was easy for a girl so underweight in the scales of self-esteem to be easily sold dreams that a man would desire her in that way. And Angelo like a true predator must have smelled this on his prey: me. He probably didn't even do it on purpose, whatever the case may be, he wasn't going to fool me- that easily.

Best friend future husband. Pshtt.

Breakfast was yet another episode of Angelo showcasing how much of assface he was. It had gone something like this:

Angelo (a.k.a BB): Luce, the bacon's undercooked, the scramble eggs still look raw and I want more pancakes, I want it done noooow!

Poor Me: Did you really just call me l-o-o-s-e?

Bobby: That spells loose.

Angelo: Clever boy.

Poor Me: How dare you call me loose? You cannot just disrespect me just because of the terms we agreed on to settle this outside of court. And for your information I'm a virgin.

Angelo: That's interesting to know, but do you really want to get that right now, infront of your brother? And for your information, it's Luciana for short.

Poor Me: Well call me by my actual name and not some stupid abbreviation.

Bobby: What's a virgin?

Poor Me: Don't you worry about that Bobby. It's not something you should-

Angelo: It's a treasure island.

Bobby: Wow, can anyone go there?

Angelo: Nope, only one.

Bobby: But Lucy why would you call yourself a treasure island?

Poor Me: I-

Angelo: It's a private joke, Bobby. One day you'll understand. Now get me my food, Luce.

Bobby: You should say please, it's nicer.

Angelo: Bob, there are a few life lessons that I'm going to have to teach you about being a real man. When you're a man... like me, 'please' and 'thank you' don't count. You're the man, she's the woman. You want something from her, she has to give it to you, because guess what?

Bobby: I'm the maaaan!

Poor Me: Boy, sit your butt down before I flatten you out with the wooden spoon. Or should I call mum instead and tell her about you fighting at school?

Bobby: No please, I'm sorry.

Poor Me: Now there's a good boy.

Angelo : Woman, where's my bacon, pancake and eggs?

Poor Me: Man, where's your patience, respect and your eyes? I'm trying to get it done as fast as I can.

Angelo (a.k.a) : You know what for that attitude of yours, I want you to clean all three master bathrooms. I want you to do my dirty laundry and iron my clothes when they are dry, vacuum the five bedrooms, dust all the furniture and sweep the floor. Now, go.

And that's what for the past four hours I had been doing whilst Butt Bag and Bobby played on the Wii console. How I was going to endure this for the next few months, I didn't know. My back was killing, I had shooting pains going up and down my arms with my hands all angrily swollen up. I could seriously make a housework work out video and show housewives how to lose those calories whilst cleaning.

After finishing up folding the remainder of clothes that I had just neatly ironed, I decided it was a work day over, seeing as it was past three in the afternoon. My mum hadn't called probably because she was sleeping from her night shift, but I didn't want her to wake up without us still not being at home. Going down the stairs I could hear the faint noise of the telephone ringing, judging by the raucous guitar sound coming from the living room I wasn't surprised Angelo hadn't heard the telephone ring.

I headed towards the kitchen to get a drink of water then I walked by over to the hallway watching as the telephone rang on and on. Whoever it was I was sure they would leave a voicemail so I didn't feel the need to tell Angelo.

Sure enough the voicemail operator came on and after the beep, I heard the voice of a woman with a deep Spanish accent come on.

"Angelo Henriquez, I know you're there it's your mother speaking, please pick up the phone."

After a few seconds of waiting, she sighed before carrying on, "Well I just wanted to tell you that, we'll be flying over to the States in two days, so we can celebrate Christmas together. So your culo better be there at the airport to pick us up. Call me back when you get my message."

I heard the beep noise to signify the mail was over and stood not sure of what I was supposed to do.

"Is it just me or did I not hear the house phone just ringing?"

I swivelled around quickly to come face to face with Angelo's slightly confused face, with a towing Bobby behind him holding the Wii control.

Gulping, I rushed out the words, "Your mum just phoned and said she's coming in two days."

In a split second, Angelo became tense for reasons unknown.

"Are you okay?" I asked even though I was not on the best terms with him at that moment.

"I'm fine", he said rather sharply, as he to pick up his keys on the kitchen counter, "You ready to go?"

"Erm yeah...", I said hesitatingly having not dealt with moody Angelo since the first day we met. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Didn't I just tell you I'm fucking fine?"

I flinched at his tone and I certainly did not appreciate him swearing in front of my little brother. I clenched my fist my fist together not wanting to let my growing anger get the best of me. Damn dick. Instead I ignored him, and I directed my attention to Bobby, who could no doubt feel the tension, telling him that it was time to go.

"I'll drive you home."

"Are you done being a dick?" I whispered as Bobby went to drop the game console in the living room.

Talking to him like that when I didn't even have the upper hand was crazy, I know. I know but there was just something about Angelo that wiped off any intimidation I should feel being I his presence.

Even as his attitude had gone all concrete on me as he told me he would be waiting for us outside, I wasn't even worried.

What I was most concerned about was why he suddenly seemed so out of it just because his mum was coming.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.