Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Ragged coughing seemed to echo in the small room and soon it filled with nurses. One of them pulled out her stethoscope and pressed it to her chest while others tried assessing her other ways. 

    “Iwase-san, are you feeling light headed or dizzy?”

    “Are you short of breath?”

    “Can you tolerate sitting up some to allow more air to enter your lungs?”  All of it… all of them proved to be irritating and she snarled up her lips to talk back but instead another series of coughs came forth, tearing at her insides. Pain flushed her face and she wheezed, ignoring the concerned expressions. Her eyes time and time again found the letter that was repeatedly put back up on her nightstand. No matter how many times she knocked it off. Bastard. Shutting her eyes, she tried to inhale deeply, pain causing her to ripple and quake. After reading a letter like that, she found she’d never forgive him.  And perhaps he wouldn’t ever forgive her too. 

 

*** 

To Hada Mizu, 

    There are so many things I could say about you. So many emotions come up when I think about you. It has taken me a long time to even process them all and right here and right now, I will fully express myself to you. Not as your so-called heir. Not as CEO of Shoutoii. Not even as an Iwase. Right now I’m writing to you as your son. Allow me to re-introduce myself to you as Hiroto. 

 

*** 

 

    It was around late November that it had been decided. A woman came rushing out of the tall crystal castle as the boy called it, apology written all over her face. 

    “I’m so sorry you two! I tried getting out of there but I had some things to finish up.” The boy blushed as her fingers came to tickle him underneath his chin. 

    “Are you boys hungry?” 

    “I’m always hungry.” The voice of her husband replied, a boyish grin on his face. She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. 

    “I already know about you. Kyou-chan, are you hungry?” Kyouta nodded his head. 

    “Okay then let’s goooooo. It’s cold and y’all standin out here like it’s 70 degrees.” They began to walk towards the car and glancing up at the two of them, the boy’s expression finally changed and a small but visible smile was seen on his face. It was then that he decided that he wanted to finally be apart of them. Whatever them was. As they sat in front of burgers and fries, he watched the two of them intently, feeling laughter spring up as his Onii-sama stuck some fries up his nose. Rae-chan as she liked to be called doubled over in laughter, tears beading at the corners of her eyes. 

    “ROTO. YOU A STRAIGHT FOOL OH MY GAWD.” A laugh came from him before he had time to control it and the two adults turned to look at him. Surprise written over their expressions. 

    “Onii-sama…you look really funny with potatoes up your nose.” The man’s eyes seemed to twinkle with mischief and he stood up, coming behind him. 

    “I’m not your Onii-sama. Who is this person?” He smirked at the goofy tone of his voice. 

    “You look like him.”

    “Ah but I’m not. I’m the fry monster.” He giggled, spitting out his pop. 

    “Fry monster?”

    “Yes and you look really tasty. Maybe I’ll turn you into a kid sized fry!” He couldn’t contain the laugh that escaped him as he began to tickle him, leaning down to pick him up from the chair. 

    “O-ONII-SAMAA NOOO. I DON’T WANT TO BE TURNED INTO A KID FRY!” He briefly heard the tinkling laughter of Rae-chan before the deeply humored laughter from his Onii-sama rumbled against him. 

    “Okay I’ll have mercy on you this time.”  Putting him down, he took the fries out of his nose and grinned as he caught his breath on their couch. 

    “Why don’t you go and get ready for bed hm? We’ve got a busy day tomorrow.” He sat up and pouted. 

    “I don’t want to go back to Ayako. I want to stay here with you.” Rae got up and hugged him from behind. 

    “Kyou-chan…”

    “I mean it…I wanna stay with you and Onii-sama.”

    “Do you not like it at Ayako?” The boy shook his head. 

    “It is empty without you. All the other kids have families. I want a family too.” Rae looked up at his Onii-sama and for a while, he listened to her heartbeat thrum against his ear. 

    “We’ll talk about it in the morning okay?” Rae pulled away from him and let him get up. 

    “Promise?” Onii-sama smiled deeply and gave a gentle nod. 

    “Mm. For now, I think we should all head to bed.”

    “Okay..” Familiar with their home, he left them in search of the the bathroom, running small fingers through his hair. He had grown to be selfish and for the moment, he didn’t care. He wanted a mom and dad too. He wanted a room to call his own. He wanted love and laughter too. And he wanted it all with the two of them. But, what if they didn’t want him? Sighing, the boy closed the door behind him and sat on the floor, pressing his face against his knees. 

 

***

    

    From the time I was little, I wanted to be everything you wanted me to be. I wanted to make you happy. Make you proud. But now I know the truth. You never loved me the way I loved you. You only wanted to use and exploit me. An innocent child. Your child. 

 

*** 

 

    “Mr. Iwase?” Looking up, there stood one of his secretaries. 

    “Yes?”

    “Kyouta is waiting for you in your library.”

    “Ah, thank you.” He got up and cleared his throat. Soon, coming into the expansive room, he found the boy sitting there, once nervous and fidgety. Now, he was comfortable, gripping his fingers together as he waited. 

    “Kyou,” He looked up, expression bright. 

    “Onii-sama!” A hand lifted and gently plopped down on the boy’s head. 

    “You know you can call me Otou-san now.” He mused, an amused grin on his face.     “Ah…mm.” Pink was starting to enter the cheeks of the young boy and he smiled, coming to sit beside him. 

    “O-Ot-tou-san…”  He smiled again, saying nothing, just observing. Kyouta took a shaky breath and said it again quietly under his breath as if trying it out to see if he liked it.

    “I know everything is so new right now so there is no rush Kyou-kun. When you feel comfortable addressing me as such, you can.” Kyou said nothing more but allowed him to put his hand on top of his head again and pulled him until his head laid on his arm. 

    “Are you hungry?” The boy nodded, feeling his stomach growl. 

    “I’m sure there’s something yummy waiting for us at home ne?” 

    “Mm.” His mouth began to water. Rae-chan’s cooking was really good and he had a few favorites over the time he’d been acquainted with them. 

    “Okay then. Let me close up and we can go.” Watching his Onii-sama stand and begin to pack up everything, he licked his lips before balling them up. Onii-sama…Otou-san…It was all new indeed. 

    “Come.” Onii-sama said with a small smile, waiting for him to stand. Together they exited through the glass doors and into his car. The ride was quiet, the gentle tap of Onii-sama’s fingers to the playing music against the stirring wheel making him smile some. The sight of their home filled his chest with an indescribable emotion and once he got his shoes kicked off in the foyer, he felt giddy.

    “We’re home!” He called out excitedly, feeling a grin come to his face. It felt good to say that. 

    “Okaeri!” They heard Rae shout from the kitchen. 

    “Why don’t you go get your pajamas on.. I’ll meet you in the kitchen.” Onii-sama said with a grin. 

    “Mm.” Loosening his tie, he came into the kitchen to see his lovely little wife placing a big pot with what looked like sukiyaki on a small burner in the middle of the table. 

    “Smells delicious.” He said quietly, lifting hands to caress her shoulders. Blushing some, she smiled. 

    “Thank you.” Softly pressing a kiss to her lips, he lifted fingers to push his hair back from his forehead and loosened his tie. 

    “How was work?” She asked, replacing his hands with hers as she undid the knot around his neck. 

    “I’ve gone over the plans for the chapter in Russia so many times now I can’t see straight.” She chuckled, now unbuttoning a button or two of his shirt. 

    “Well now you can take a nice break for a little while. Gon get comfy so we can eat.” Kissing her again, he smirked against her lips. 

    “Yes ma’am.”

 

*** 

 

    Through all the hell you’ve put me through and the myriad of emotions you’ve sent me through….I think now I’ve come to the place where now I have true courage. Courage to stand up to you once and for all.     

 

 

*** 

    “Otousan,” Eyes lifted as a woman came into the room, fingers fidgeting. 

    “Yes?”

    There’s… there’s someone I would like you to meet.” Lips drew into a smile and he lifted his hands from the garden below him, flowers having been spritzed with water. 

    “You’ve brought me a visitor?” The woman gripped her fingers tighter. 

    “Yes…” Shou smiled deeper, dimples appearing in the same place much like his son. 

    “Well, let me meet them.” Turning towards the empty hallway, she spoke softly, 

    “You can come out now.” A young boy suddenly came from around the corner, face nervous. He came to press against her, fingers reaching to pull her nervous ones apart. 

    “Otousan…I’d…I’d like you to meet Iwase Kyouta. Our son.” 

 

*** 

    I won’t drag this on any more than needed. As many times as I’ve envisioned standing above you while you’ve slept and slitting your throat, I’ve simply grown tired of the energy it takes to bring up any more thoughts of the sort. As hard as I’ve tried to be your perfect son, I think now it’s important for me to close that chapter. It will not happen. Not the way you want. My attentions now are being focused somewhere else. And of course, what kind of first born would I not be to bring you along for the ride? After all, it is in part thanks to you that I am the man I am today. 

 

*** 

    “Rae?” 

    “Yeah?”

    “You writing?”

    “Yep.”

    “I’m super happy that you finally took Hiroto’s advice and started an autobiography. Your story needs to be told.” She smiled up at her sister who grinned behind her. 

    “Yeah. The man was insistent.” 

    “I can’t wait to read it when you’re done.” Amee winked, playfully squeezing her shoulder. Smiling, she turned back to the computer screen. It hadn’t been hard to start. After all, she had never realized that all along she had been writing her story this entire time. All it needed was to be compiled and put together. 

*** 

    I’ve devoted 31 years of my life to you. And in that time, I’ve wondered what the true definition of love was. What being a real man was. I’ve wondered if I was doing it right. If I could prove worthy to finally gain the love of both mother, father, family and wife. But, it doesn’t matter anymore. Rae’s love is all I need. She is all I need. 

 

*** 

 

    The waves lapped on the shore of the beach, the black sand mystifying and gorgeous. The wind blew her hair and it whipped around her intensely. They had flown to the beautiful island of Dominica and in less than 24 hours, she’d fallen deeply in love. Smiling to herself, she turned eyes to her big goof ball, leaning back against the small outdoor bar, vision on the waves. 

    “Rae!” Turning, she found Tobu, Amee and Tre approaching them and she waved them over with a smile. 

    “Hey y’all!” Amee gave her a tight hug. 

    “You look stunning Ebbie!” Blushing, she tightened her grip on her hands. 

    “Thanks babe. You too.”

    “Sooo…..are you excited?”     

    “Yeah…I can’t believe that I actually wrote it.”

    “I’m so glad you went for it and stuck with it!” Glancing at Roto, she bit her lip. 

    “I definitely had help.”

    “Mmhm don’t we know.” Cutting eyes at her sister, she sucked her teeth. 

    “What’s that supposed to mean?”

    “Look, when y’all gon bust out the babies?” Tre asked, smirk on his face. 

    “Tremaine!” 

    “Aye look…my mans got to be puttin that shit down and Amee over here naggin me about bein an auntie so when the kids comin?” 

    “We’re working on it.” Roto’s voice was humored as he came to join them, slipping hands around her waist. Amee drifted eyes between them. 

    “I’m sure you are.”

    “Amee shut up.”

    “Look, you ain’t gotsta act all shy and stuff. You getting sublimely dicked down and ain’t a damn thing wrong with it.” 

    “Oh my God… I’m done with this conversation.” 

    “She’s not lying you know.” Roto said with a Cheshire grin, wiggling his eyebrows.  

    “Shut up you.” She said with a grin of her own, hitting him on the chest. Rich laughter drifted up from his stomach and she pouted as he draped himself around her, body relaxed and loose. 

    “You’re so cute baby…”

    “Mmhm cute my ass…”

    “Rae! Hiro-kun!” Turning, they found Hana headed their way. 

    “Hana-chan!” The two women ran to each other and engulfed each other in a big hug. 

    “I’m so happy to see you my sweet sister.” Hana said with a smile against her temple. 

    “Me too love. So glad you’re here. Now we can officially get started.” Pulling away, she pulled her in the direction of the small group. 

    “Hana you remember my sister Amee and my brother Tre right?” She blushed and extended her hand towards him. 

    “I remember you very well Tre.”

    “Same here beautiful.” 

    “Aw shit. Lookee here lookee here. What’s gon go down tonight on this tropical island?”

    “Amee keep talkin and you gon find you some-what was it you so eloquently said- sublime dicking down? Yeah somma dat.”

    “I sure as hell hope so! Shiet!” 

    “So it sounds like you all are ready to party.” Tobu said with a handsome grin, hands in his pockets. 

    “Hell yeah, turn up time. Rae don got her book picked up by a big time publisher and shit. We gotta drink to this!” 

    “Don’t get Hana started! She’s the biggest drinker out of us all!” Roto joked, winking playfully at her. 

    “I can’t help it if you guys are lightweights. What can I say? I like to drink.”

    “Ain’t nothin wrong with that sweet thing.” Tre rasped, a roguish grin on his face. 

    “Enough chit chat! I’m ready to get shit faced!” Amee declared obnoxiously, tugging a protesting Rae towards the bar. 

*** 

 

 

    I no longer ask you for anything. Any acceptance. Any favor. Any grace. Any attention or any recognition. All I’ve wanted was to experience my own happiness, one that hadn’t been ripped from me. And my desires have come true.

 

*** 

    “Rae…” 

    “Are you sure?” Her throat was tight and her palms were moist with sweat as the three women stood in the oversized bathroom. Her sense of smell had been acting up something serious as of late and this morning she’d thrown up at least three or four times BEFORE breakfast. 

    “I don’t know… I don’t know guys…”

    “When was your last period?”

    “It’s…it’s late. Hella late.” At that revelation, Hana squealed and hugged her. 

    “Hime…oh sweet hime…” 

    “Do you want this? I mean… right now you’ve got Kyouta and Hiroto. You really ready for another big journey like this?” Six pairs of eyes watched in anticipation as the long narrow stick sat cozily on the counter top. 

    “I do A….I want this so bad…so bad…” She whispered, tears in her shaky voice. Amee took her hand and Hana took her other hand, damning the sweat on her skin. Squeezing tight, they held their breath as slowly a result began to form. Two pink lines showed up and a loud screech travelled through the bathroom as the women all began to cry and hug each other. 

    “Aye, y’all aiight? Y’all been in there forever. What’s goin on?” Tre’s voice boomed on the other side of the door. 

    “We alright Tre. Just… give us a minute aiight?” Amee shouted back, tears falling down her cheeks. 

    “Congratulations hime.” Hana whispered against her, bringing a series of body wracking sobs from the woman she held. 

    “Oh God… Oh God…..I’m…I’m really….”

    “You’re gonna be a mommy Rae. You’re going to be a damn good mommy.” Amee cried, pressing loving kisses to her temple. 

    “Come on now. We gotta find a way to tell Hiro-kun.” Hana said, a large watery smile on her face as she pulled away. 

    “Mmkay.” 

 

*** 

 

    I offer one last thing to you Hada Mizu. An opportunity. A simple one. I give only two options. One is to undo every wrong you’ve committed against my family. Should your pride be too much for you to humble yourself and I know that it will be, I offer a solution. Seppuku. 

 

*** 

 

    “I propose a toast.”

    “To?”

    “To Rae’s book deal. I’m so freaking proud of you.” 

    “Thank you Tobukins.” He winked at her and took a sip of bubbly. 

    “Andddd what’s next?” Amee said, shoving her elbow into Rae’s side. 

    “Ow.”

    “Do. It. Stop. Being. A. Punk.” She mouthed silently, laughing awkwardly at the confused stares of Tre and Hiroto. Tobu however just sat there with a knowing grin on his face and humored eyes. She took a shaky breath and stood up. You got this Rae. Just tell the man. 

    “Roto, there’s somethin else we’re celebratin tonight.” 

    “What’s that sweetheart?” Feeling her cheeks blush, she slowly approached him and welcomed his hands that slid around her hips. 

    “Somethin that’s gonna make you hella happy.” He knit his eyebrows together. She didn’t say anything at first, pressing kisses to his forehead and down to his nose. At the sight, Hana began to giggle like a little girl, a sight that would have been unnerving if not for the moment at hand.    

    “Rae…what is it? What’s going on?” Smiling, she couldn’t control the tears that began to well up in her eyes. Biting her lip, she took hold of one of his hands on her hip and moved it upwards, laying it on her belly. 

    “Hiroto…you’re…you’re gonna be a daddy.” For a moment, he was dumbfounded, mouth dropped open and eyes wide. 

    “Say something homie.” Tre chuckled, slapping him on the back. That knocked some life back into him and he stood, bringing her closer. 

    “You’re…pregnant?” 

    “Yeah…I’m pregnant…”

    “OH MY GOD….RAE…” He exclaimed in a loud excited shout and lifted her up into his arms, twirling her around until she in mid laugh begged him to stop. 

    “Oh my God baby…oh baby…” He took her face in between his palms tenderly and pressed his forehead against hers. 

    “I’m…so happy. So fucking happy…” She giggled as he pressed kisses all over her face, setting a big loving one right on the lips. 

    “I love you…I love you so much.”

    “Love you too Roto….” She said in between tears, lifting to wipe them from her cheeks. 

    “I say we toast to that.” Tobu finally spoke up, shit eating grin growing deeper by the second. 

    “Screw that. I’m gettin drunk to that.” Amee blurted out with a teary laugh, lifting her glass. Reaching for their glasses, hers with water, his sparkling champagne, the couple softly allowed their glasses to clink and took a sip. 

*** 

    It’s your choice. How you choose to live your life from here on out is up to you. I wash my hands officially clean of you with this letter.    It does pain me in some way…to admit that they will never know you. It could have been different had only you chose wisely. And now you will live with the consequence of your choice. May your spirit eventually find rest and peace Mother. 

 

Hiroto

P.S- You’re a grandmother.      

*** 

 

    At the bottom of the letter were a set of pictures attached, pictures that she looked at until she cried. The outline of a baby. Her son was the cruelest after all. Just... just like his father.






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: HELLO MY BEAUTIES! It is with great pride and thankfulness that I share this chapter with you! If it's too much too fast I apologize for that. I hope it's not. But the way this chapter was set up in my brain, it literally was like a movie and happened still by still...scene by scene. I have to say a couple things. One...I am proud of my baby Hiroto for having enough courage and bravery...MATURITY to know when to walk away from Eri and her schemes. With our lovely lady revealing her pregnancy (Y'all I literally teared up writing that), Roto is like I've kept my promise like I said I would. Now, I'm done with you. *washes hands* SUCH A POWER MOVE BRUH LOL. SO PROUD OF MY BABY.

Secondly....how exciting is it that Rae's pregnant? ALL THAT LOVE MAKIN GOT BABY MAKIN IN MOTION FA SHO LOL. THEY PROBABLY WOULDA MADE FOUR OF EM THAT DAY IF IT WAS POSSIBLE WHEW LAWD LOL. *covers face with my hand and cracks up* Family.. we've got two chapters left. TWO. Can you believe it?! 

I've worried that Transcendence has dragged on too long. I've worried that you, my readers, have gotten bored and tired. I've worried that you all would not find Hiroto and Rae interesting anymore. But you know what, with all of these worries I've had, I'm PROUD to say that at the end of the day... if no one else is happy with the length of it... I AM. I'm happy with this masterpiece and I pray you've enjoyed the ride this far! 

I've also FINALLY created a trailer on my youtube for Transcendence! Please head over and check it out! Don't be shy! Leave a comment too y'all! 

I'll be seein y'all very soon! hehe MUCH LOVE! 

D&L

P.S- Photobucket is being a butt as per usual so when it's back up and running, I'll upload my chapter banner LOL

 

TRANSCENDENCE TRAILER: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBw3-HFERI

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.