Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

GRAPHIC AND MATURE CONTENT. PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Faith watched Howard pull out of the driveway and leave for work; when she could no longer see the car she knew that she had to move fast. Quickly she dragged out the duffel bag that she been packing for the past few weeks out of the closet and gathered some more clothes together.

Faith was scared and she honestly didn’t know where she would go. There wasn’t a lot of places a fifteen-year-old girl who only had a middle school education and was currently four months pregnant to go.

She wasn’t old enough to work or rent an apartment but something was telling her she had to go; even though it scared the hell out of her.

Faith was hoping she could find a youth home somewhere that could take care of both her unborn baby because she knew for a fact that neither her nor the baby wouldn't be safe here with Howard.

Faith remembered what Howard said to her when she informed him that she was pregnant.

“Good” he said “it better be a boy”

“And if it’s a girl?”

“Why would it be?” Howard spat nastily “it don’t need to be a girl cause then it would just be you all over again you dumb bitch”

That hurt very much and Faith had a strange feeling in the back of her mind that the baby was in fact a girl. Faith remembered how her mother Glenda carried her younger brothers when she was pregnant with them and it was more low and narrow while her belly was high and wide.

No matter what the baby was Faith knew it was important to get the both of them out of here. Faith rubbed her growing bump when she felt the baby kick inside her.

“It’s okay Butterfly” she whispered “we’re getting out of here today”

It was the nickname she gave to her baby the first time she felt it flutter in her womb and it stuck. Even though Faith didn’t want this baby at first she eventually grew attached to it.

As far as money Faith had about one hundred dollars saved up in cash from searching through Howard’s laundry from all of the twenty and fifty dollar bills she found in the pockets of his pants.

Howard had a drinking and gambling addiction and no matter how much they needed other things around the house he still put away money for his bad habits.

The lights could go out but Howard sure as hell had had his money for his addictions.

One hundred dollars would only be enough to get her a bus ticket, a meal or two, and the rest she’d have to hold on to. Faith wanted to go back home but she knew her parents were set in their ways and she hadn’t had a place at home in almost two years now.

She was all alone now.

Faith checked the clock it was already almost noon and she had to get down to the bus depot in time for the one fifteen bus that was leaving and she still had to walk.

“Okay Butterfly it’s just you and me now”

Faith gathered her duffel bag and slowly made her way down the stairs and out the door. It was the first step but Faith wasn’t going take a breath of relief until she found herself sitting on the greyhound bus to take her far away from this hell. She was still in a risk zone while she was making her way to the bus depot.

 

At noon Howard got off for lunch and he was eager to go over to the market to get his lottery tickets. When he dug into his pockets he realized that he had left his extra cash at home in his other pair of pants. He’d have to swing back home and get them if he wanted any chance of drawing up his winning number.

Howard was driving back home when he saw a young lady crossing the street with a duffel bag to the bus depot. Looking closely Howard saw the baby bump on the young lady’s figure and when he happened to recognize the young lady he pressed the gas petal hard.

Faith’s heart sunk when she recognized Howard’s car. Wasn’t he supposed to be at work?

It seemed like the whole world was crumbling around her and fast; when Faith tried to quickly make her way into the bus depot Howard got out of the car and called her

“FAITH!”

Trying to run with a duffel bag and extra weight from her pregnancy was hard and there was no way she could outrun Howard. Howard snatched Faith by the arm and she yelled hoping to get the people’s attention around her.

It was because of their obvious age difference most people probably thought that Faith was just a disobedient teen girl running away from her father; not a scared wife trying to leave her abusive husband. So folks minded their own business and Faith cried louder.

“HELP!” she cried “SOMEBODY PLEASE---“

“SHUT UP!” Howard barked at her slapping her across the face “GET IN THE DAMN CAR RIGHT NOW!”

“NO!”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?”

“I said…no” Faith said slowly and calmly “I’m leaving”

“Leaving?!?” Howard chuckled harshly “and where the hell are you going to go?”

Tears fell down Faith’s face because she honestly had no idea where to go but anywhere would be better than here with him. Howard didn’t wait for Faith to answer and dragged her over to the car and the two of them made their way back to the house.

On the way Howard continued to verbally abuse her and even mocked her.

“Leaving” he laughed bitterly “you ain’t nothing but a fifteen-year-old knocked up bitch who barely finished grade school you don’t know a damn thing!”

Faith couldn’t believe what Howard was saying to her since he was the one who had gotten her pregnant.

“Get your ass back in here and get dinner together!” Howard said shoving her in the house once he opened the front door “I leave work to get my money for lottery tickets and find you leaving get the fuck out of here!”

Faith watched Howard go upstairs to search through his pants for the extra cash and braced herself for his reaction; since she had that cash to run away.

“FAITH!” Howard bellowed “GET YOUR ASS UP HERE RIGHT NOW!”

Faith went upstairs to see Howard rummaging through all of his pants to find the cash that was in her duffel bag.

“Where’s my cash?”

“Cash?”

“Oh so now you want to be fucking stupid?!?” he raised his voice “you wash the clothes you dumb bitch! Where’s my cash?”

“I don’t know”

“Really?” Howard said going back downstairs “you looked like you put a lot of shit in that damn bag you were ‘leaving’ with”

Snatching up the duffel bag Howard ripped it open and poured out it’s contents.

Faith had a fifty dollar bill with two twenty dollar bills and a ten dollar bill adding up to one hundred dollars total rolled up and held together with a paper clip.

“What’s this?” Howard asked holding up the paper clipped money “looks like my cash to me you don’t work”

Faith looked at the floor not wanting to meet Howard’s angry gaze.

“LOOK AT ME YOU DUMB BITCH!” he bellowed “IS THIS MY CASH?”

“….yes”

Before Faith knew it she found herself on the floor after Howard punched her in the face causing her to fall over.

“AFTER ALL I DO FOR YOU! YOU UNGREATFUL LITTLE BITCH! YOU STEAL FROM ME?!?”

“I d-d-didn’t mean to---“

“Bullshit” Howard said cutting her off “get up and go make dinner”

Faith got up to make her way downstairs however when she wasn’t moving fast enough for him Howard pushed her. Loosing her balance Faith slipped and went tumbling down the stairs landing on her belly.

It hurt badly. Very bad. Despite that Howard continued to bark at her “GET UP! AIN’T NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU!”

But something did feel wrong and an intense cramping feeling in her belly stopped Faith from getting up.

Frustrated and annoyed Howard yanked Faith up by her arm and she bellowed in pain; and a bright red stain began to seep though her pants.

“NO!” Faith cried when she realized what was happening “NO! BUTTERFLY!”

Howard must have realized this too because he pushed her outside to the car and snarled at her “Now look what you did! Stop crying! now we got to get to the damn hospital!”

 

Hours later Faith was laying in the hospital bed recovering from the D&C procedure she had to have done after the doctors had concluded that the nasty fall she took caused her to miscarry her baby.

Faith couldn’t believe that Butterfly was gone just like that and her suspicions were correct; the doctors told her that she miscarried a baby girl that was less than two pounds.

Of course after finding out the baby was a girl Howard didn’t really feel that bad and said “It’s one less bitch’s mouth I have to feed”

Although the doctors explained to Howard that Faith needed to stay at the hospital to recover for at least twenty-four hours from the procedure; he insisted that she come home.

“And give you motherfuckers more money on the damn bill? I don’t think so!” Howard argued with them

Faith had no choice but to go back home with Howard, which was the equivalent of going to hell in her opinion. At least Butterfly was in a better place.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.