Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hi guys, I have no business starting a new story when I have two uncompleted. I love to read so trust me I know the frustration of an incomplete story....but here I am posting another idea that wants out of my head.

I've always enjoyed those stories with the sassy girl who you want to get the happy ending, so I thought I'd try and have a go... Here goes...




Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Amelle narrowed her eyes at the immaculately dressed, well preserved brunette seated on the expensive sofa opposite her.

 

“Are you for real?”

 

“Yes, Miss Newton, I'd like to offer you the job. You'd be the perfect fit,” Mrs Masterson responded in her cultured honey tinged voice.

 

Amelle shook her head in disbelief and held up her right hand in the stop signal. She had been trying her best to appear professional, sitting up straight and speaking slowly. The whole bit. But this was getting ridiculous.

 

“Hold up, is this some kind of help in the community thing, because I'm looking for a real job, not charity.”

 

Mrs Masterson smiled at Amelle's obvious disquiet. “I realise that, Miss Newton, and this is a real job. You are just right for what I'm looking for,” she reassured.

 

Amelle curled her lip and sat back in the sofa. Damn, the sofa was more comfortable than her damn bed. She studied the serene smile on Mrs Masterson's unnaturally line free face.

 

“And what is that lady? Cause from where I'm sitting it looks like I'm about to get punk'd.”

 

“Punk'd?” Mrs Masterson repeated, arching a perfectly waxed eyebrow.

 

“Yeah, punk'd. Taken for a ride. Hoodwinked. Conned. Bamboozled,” Amelle responded

 

Mrs Masterson smiled. This girl is just perfect, she thought. She mentally patted herself on the back. “You've got quite a vocabulary there, Miss Newton.”

 

“Yeah, I play scrabble,” Amelle responded sarcastically. She was done playing with this rich white woman.

 

Mrs Masterson straightened her already straight back. “Look, Miss Newton, can I be really honest with you?”

 

“That would be good,” Amelle said, folding her arms across her chest.

 

“My son is a very successful man, a very attractive man and like many men in his position he often attracts a certain kind of woman.” She gave Amelle a pointed look, but Amelle just stared back. “The kind of woman that doesn't have his best interests at heart,”she hinted.

 

“You mean trifling hoes,” Amelle said flatly

 

“Yes, Miss Newton,” Mrs Masterson conceded

 

“Well, what's that got to do with me. So far, it seems like you need some 'hoe be gone' spray. I'm looking for an office job.”

 

Mrs Masterson smiled widely. “But you see, Miss Newton, you are my ...hoe? spray”

 

“I. Beg. Your. Pardon?” Amelle exclaimed, her expression changing from mildly bored to annoyed.

 

“What you said,” Mrs Masterson dismissed, waving away Amelle's ire. “You see...you'll sniff out all the 'trifling hoes' and help me get rid of them and you'll get an office job to boot.”

 

Amelle sat up and lifted her hand into the stop position again. “So, let me get this straight. You want me to be a guard dog for your son?”

 

Mrs Masterson nodded enthusiastically, happy she had managed to get her point across. “Well yes, but you'll also be his PA,”she reassured.

 

Amelle shook her head. “I'm not being funny, but so far your son is sounding pretty weak. How did he get so successful if he can't judge character? I mean its not that hard.”

 

“...Well, lets just say he's always been very dedicated to his craft and has spent much less time working on human interaction. But make no mistake, he is not weak. He is simply a late bloomer.”

 

“Mmmm Hmmm and is he down with your little plan?”

 

“...He doesn't know what I have in mind, but we agreed I would be responsible for hiring his next assistant. He has promised to see it through a six month probation.”

 

“Lady, are you telling me I'm going to be out of work again in six months?”

 

“That's unlikely if everything goes to plan, but even if it doesn't you can be assured you'll have an excellent severance package.”

 

“How excellent?” Amelle queried

 

Mrs Masterson waved the question away. “We can discuss all that later.”

 

Uh Uh, Amelle thought. Only rich people don't wanna discuss money upfront. Amelle folded her arms and sat back again. “We can discuss it now, or you can find another guard dog. But trust me, those other ladies sitting in your foyer look like they might need spraying themselves.”

 

Mrs Masterson surveyed Amelle afresh, she just knew this girl was much smarter than she looked. “How does twice your annual salary sound?”

 

“It sounds like a start,” Amelle smiled.

 

“I like you Miss Newton. May I call you Amelle?”

 

“You can call me anything you want. You're my new boss.”

 

“So you'll take the job...I must warn you, some of these women are quite resourceful and my son isn't the easiest person to work for.”

 

“Well, it's a good thing I've been dealing with trifling hoes for quite some time then.”

 

“You have?”

 

“Mrs Masterson, I've got four good-looking brothers and they all have jobs. I'm a trifling hoe expert. And as for your son, well, we'll just have to work it out... So, do I get to meet him before I sign on the dotted line?”

 

“...I don't think that a good idea. I want everything in place before you meet him.” Mrs Masterson got up and came over to Amelle. “Shall we shake on it?”

 

Amelle gave Mrs Masterson a firm handshake and a smile. “Your call, boss lady.”

 

Mrs Masterson chuckled and patted Amelle's hand, before turning her towards the door. “Well officially, Reuben is actually your boss, but I do like the sound of that and we will be working very closely together.”






Chapter End Notes:

Shall I continue? Let me know?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.