Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


SEVEN

It had been two weeks since Al's miscarriage and the staff was getting concerned. When Al came to Ivy Hill she was already reserved but now it seemed that it was getting worse. Al refused to leave her bedroom for any circumstances.

It had gotten to a point where the nurses had to force Al out of the room and lock her out which didn't help her very much since she spent an hour everyday screaming and punching the door.

What pissed Jackson off the most was that Wilson was still fucking at the facility because the staff still insisted on getting fucking testing done. The most they did was just give him day shift and weekends off so there was no worrying about him sneaking into Al's room.

One particular Sunday morning at breakfast Jackson was surprised by Al's request.

"...please" she whispered pushing her spoon around in her barely touched oatmeal "...I don't want to be alone"

"You won't be alone," Jackson said "it's the women's washroom there should be at least one or two others there I'm not allowed in there"

"I know....but could you wait in the hallway please?"

"Would that make you feel better if I waited there?"

"yes"

Al was in desperate need of a shower and her hair needed washing she really had been neglecting her hygiene because she didn't want to leave her bedroom. 

Taking a shower meant leaving her room. It also meant taking off her clothes and the last time her clothes were off....she just didn't feel comfortable going to the washroom alone.

"He won't be here for long," Jackson said reading her mind "I made sure of it"

Al didn't say anything she just nodded

"Eat," he said "we can go over to the washroom after you get something in your stomach"

 

The women's washroom on the other side of the facility and at twelve noon on a Sunday it was empty. Al had her washcloth, a bar of soap, a towel, her toothbrush, and some shampoo. A fresh change of clothes in hand too.

"You have everything you need?" Jackson asked

"yes"

"I'll be right over there" he said pointing to a bench "take your time"

"okay"

Al entered the washroom and picked a shower stall in the back. She tested the water to make sure it was warm and stripped down to stand under it pulling the curtain back.

The water did soothe her skin and she felt clean already. Al began to lather the shampoo into her hair...

Aaliyah smiled a little as she ran her fingers through her fuzzy new growth. Her hair was growing back it was still short but it was growing back. She wished for her hair to grow back in it's full thick state but if her mother ever found out.

"Al!" Valerie yelled banging on her bedroom door "what the hell you doing in there?"

"I'm coming Momma!"

Aaliyah quickly put on a cap on her head and jammed all of her curls under

"AL! I KNOW YOU HEARD ME!"

Aaliyah made her way to the kitchen to get dinner ready for her mother. Valerie had a cigarette dangling from the corner of her mouth and mumbled about some bills.

"Can't wait until you're eighteen" she mumbled, "then you can contribute to some of these damn bills"

"Yes Momma" Aaliyah said pulling out some things from the fridge

"Make sure you season that chicken real good" Valerie said, "you ain't going to have me eating nasty shit"

As Aaliyah reached up to get some seasoning from the cabinet her cap fell to the floor.

Aaliyah felt a heavy silence fall over the room and she knew she was in trouble

"Go get them clippers"

"Momma please I want my hair---"

"I SAID GO GET THEM CLIPPERS!"

A bit of shampoo got in Al's eyes and it didn't help that she was crying a bit

Aaliyah could hear the low buzz of the clippers right behind her ears and flinched at the first cut. Valerie yanked her back into place and growled at her

"Stop that!" she said "if you hadn't been letting this hair grow you wouldn't be in this chair right now!"

Tears streamed down Aaliyah's face. She would be sixteen in a few weeks and she just wanted to look pretty and feel pretty. With her hair cut short again she wouldn't be able to have that feeling.

"I'm doing this for your own good" Valerie said "I know that Shawn boy ain't looking at you no more in fact he talking to that Puerto Rican girl down the block"

"I ain't gonna have you walking around here full of yourself thinking you so damn pretty" her mother went on to say "then next thing you know you come up in this house pregnant"

"But Momma I'm not doing anything---"

"Stop lying!" Valerie barked "last time I checked your purse it was loose!"

Aaliyah was disgusted by her mother's accusation. Did she not realize that she damaged her daughter's hymen a long time ago? It was probably "loose" because her mother was always "checking" her

"There" Valerie said as soon as she was finished and pushed Aaliyah to the kitchen floor "now clean up your damn hair and get back to cooking I'm hungry"

Al washed the shampoo out of her hair and washed it go down the drain with some of her tears as well. Maybe she would feel better once her skin was clean. Lathering up some soap on her fluffy washcloth Al began to scrub her body.

She looked her arms and wrists and wondered why God wouldn't just take her; Lord knows she cut herself many times for it to happen yet she was still here. 

Al gently traced the jagged scar that ran across her left breast. Valerie had been so obsessed with making Al look more and more like a boy that she almost cut her daughter's breasts off.

Tears resumed.

Aaliyah got up early to bandage her breasts up so that her chest would appear flat as possible. She made sure to wash in the sink since she didn't want Valerie to wake to running shower water.

Aaliyah winched at the slight pain and saw that the cut that her drunken mother inflicted on her left breast a few nights ago had opened once more and was bleeding.

She thought about telling her counselor at school but she didn't want to cause anymore of a fuss.

Aaliyah also knew that Valerie would only become more enraged if she went to authorities anyway. She wished she were still with Cyril because she knew that her father would never treat her this way.

Aailyah hadn't seen or heard from her father in over ten years now.

The water had gone from hot to warm and it would be cold soon and Al was just about to finish up when she stopped at the juncture of her thighs.

Al hesitated.

Aaliyah was finishing up some homework when Valerie burst her way into her bedroom with the kitchen calendar in hand.

"Momma---"

"You pregnant?!?"

"What?" Aaliyah said confused "no Momma I'm not pregnant---"

"Then how come you didn't mark the calendar this past month?!?"

"I didn't get my period this month because I'm stressed---"

"Stressed?!?" Valerie demanded, "what the hell are you stressed about?!? you barely sixteen"

"Momma I'm not pregnant" she tried to calmly explain "sometimes I get busy with school and my chores and I stress----"

"Bullshit!" Valerie cut her off "I'm checking you!"

"Momma please no!" Aaliyah begged already feeling her body tense up "don't---"

Al had dropped her washcloth now and the water was cold now the only thing hot were the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Shh it's okay girlie" he said "I just want to have fun with you

"I'm going to see if you're ready," the man said taking his index finger and spreading Al's thigh's apart

Al tried to pick her washcloth back up but felt paralyzed as if she couldn't move as she recalled the darkest memory that she had kept to herself for eight years now.

"Stop it!" Aaliyah cried "Momma get off of me!"

"You better stop fighting me girl!" Valerie said yanking at her daughter's jeans to come off "I ain't raise you to be a little fast ass ho! I knew I should have sliced them damn titties of yours off!"

Aaliyah didn't she couldn't stand for her mother violating her body again. She heard her panties rip and felt Valerie roughly yanking her thighs apart.

"STOP IT!"

"GET OFF!"

"I don't know who you raising your voice at! Keep still right now---"

Aaliyah pushed her mother with all of her might off of her with her knees and legs.

Valerie fell backwards from the bed and the back of her head on the nightstand.

Aaliyah heard a loud crack and suddenly the room was quiet.

"Momma?"

She peered over her bed to see the woman who gave birth to her on the floor with her eyes glassed over and a pool of blood trickling out of her head.

Valerie Jones was dead.

"You alright in there Al?"

Al jerked up at Jackson's concerned voice as he knocked on the washroom door and realized she had been in the shower for a while now.

She turned the water off and felt her skin pebble with goose bumps. Al hadn't thought about the day she killed her mother in a long time.

"Al?"

"I'm...I'm...fine"

"You sure?"

"Yes....I'll be right out"

 

Jackson got up as soon as the door opened to see Al come out freshly showered in a clean sweater and jeans. Her hair was a still a little wet and Jackson noticed how rosy her cheeks were.

Al was gorgeous what the hell did he ever see in Melanie?

"You look good" Jackson said, "do you feel better?"

"a little bit yes"

"Everything okay?"

"Yes" Al said a little quickly

"You look like you were crying Al"

"No I just...got a lot of shampoo in my eyes"

She was lying Jackson knew she was but he didn't want to get her upset. She did take quite a while in the shower and he was willing to bet she spent most of the time crying.

"It was an accident"

"What was?"

"My mother" Al finally admitted, "I didn't mean to kill her....it just happened"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Al looked up at Jackson to see his open, caring, and honest face and wondered why he had even been labeled as a sociopath.  He was the first person she trusted in a long time.

"Yes I do"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.