Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Recommended song: Pretty Little Witch by Matt Regan




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Ugh finally!” They have been walking for a good half hour and Elizabeth could not shake the feeling of trepidation that was welling up in her stomach. Each time they passed a building or another person Elizabeth could see something wasn't right. Products move by themselves, people appeared out of nowhere and disappeared just as quickly. They we're now the only two walking in the night, lampposts lighted their way but Elizabeth was still scared out of her mind. She had tried multiple of times to back out and suggest going back to the foster house but Viola wasn’t having any of it.

“We’ve come this far” Viola huffed. “There's no way we’re going back now” and left it like that as she continued to stomp her way down the cobbled street.

They had walked to the end of, what Elizabeth had heard it be called, Diagon Alley. They had stopped in front of a building called Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, it was a bright purple and orange shop with a gigantic ginger head holding a top hat attached to the building, or was that inside of the building? And they call us Americans weird.

She wasn't going to lie she was absolutely fascinated by what she could tell from the window was a joke shop. The lights were off but there was still movement inside, airplanes flying and trains riding. This place has to be lit when it’s open. Elizabeth was just walking alongside the building window shopping until she stopped at a sign on one of the many doors.

“WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO? YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!”

“Viola” she called out into the night. “What's a you-know who?” She squinted at the letter again making sure she read it right. Was it like an inclusive name for all relationships? Like why worry about that terrible relationship when you should worry about your bowel movements?

“ Viola? ” Silence.

The only sounds were the gust of winds and Elizabeth’s breathing. When Viola didn't say anything Elizabeth turned to see if she was still there but startled herself to see Viola standing behind her. Her inky black eyes bore into hers before she turned to look at the sign.

“No one” She answered crisply. Her eyes glared at the sign as if she wanted to set it on fire. “Come on let's go” She said after a while.

Viola turned and walked across the street. A rusted sign, Carkitt Market , loomed high in the air like a bad omen. If Elizabeth squinted her eyes and tilted her head to the side she could sort of see an outline of a cross. That's Jesus telling me to turn away, she thought before she caught up.

“Uh what's down here exactly?” She questioned. The street lights were even dimmer down this street. Elizabeth had to keep her eyes wide open just to see in front of her.

“The hottest club this side of Diagon Alley of course” Viola snorted. The pair fell into another round of silence, Elizabeth often found it hard to communicate with others so she didn't speak unless she really had to. Mr. Dursley called her a quiet soul, she called herself socially awkward.

Thump.

Elizabeth whipped around and scanned the street but there was nobody there. Odd. She crossed her arms around her chest, the flimsy ember and grey trimmed shawl doing little to warm her, and walked as close as she possibly could behind Viola.

Thump. Thump.

The further they had walked the louder thumping became. It wasn't until they stopped in front of a brick wall did Elizabeth see what was causing the sound. There was a black pot in front of a well lit store, when she looked up she could see a large barrel protruding from the top of the building.

The Hopping Pot. She tilted her head, I mean I guess I get it. The building itself was huge with little lanterns hanging around the top of the porch. A sign saying “Deal of the night: Wizard’s Brew only 5 sickles!” Stood in front of the door. Elizabeth's eyes lingered on the word Wizard for far too long like she should remember something. When nothing came to her she gave a little shake of her head, It seemed like a cozy little place. Maybe we could stop by there.

Elizabeth was so intrigued that she didn't even realize Viola had took a short stick and began tapping away at the bricks in front of her. It wasn't until the sound of stone moving did she turn and came face to face with a pair of wide light brown eyes.

“Password?” A cockney accent sounded from behind the wall, behind the wall? Elizabeth looked for an outline of a door or some kind of passage but found none. What in the world?

Walpurgis”

A sharp snap and the eyes were gone, in its place was a brick the blended in with the rest of the wall. A series of creaks and groans and Elizabeth watched as the wall started to move to one side as if it was on one giant ass slider.

“...Wow” Loud pumping music that wasn't there before spilled and echo onto the street, a series of multicolored flashing lights lit up the night sky and a puff of smoke bleed before their feet. Skins was right, the U.K. Knows how to party.

Beyond the open space was a large beige room with tables and chairs that no one sat it. There was a large crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling and a coat check off to the side. Beyond the room was an even larger space that looked like a warehouse that's where the party was. She could see people gyrating, bartenders pouring drinks and the usual club activities. The whole vibe was prohibition era and Elizabeth felt extremely out of place.

“What's this?” Viola turned and marched to the figure standing near the entrance. Elizabeth moved into the building as well standing a few inches away. The figure was cloaked in darkness wearing a large top hat. He, Presumably, leaned against a large cane with a silver handle that sparkled in the light. “I thought a revel was planned for tonight!” Viola spat through clenched teeth.

“Change of plans.” The same cockney accent said from before. The man nodded his head towards Elizabeth. They both looked at Elizabeth and she quickly turned away from them admiring the….moving pictures on the wall. Sultry black and white females dressed in 1920's flapper dress moved seductively to the music, men in suits smoking and drinking and playing cards and that was pretty cool. Elizabeth wondered how they did it for she didn't see anyway wires around. Must be behind the portraits.

The pair continued to talk in soft tones until Viola gave an audible huff and marched over to her and tapped her on her shoulder.

“So” Elizabeth turned and looked at Viola noticing the man was nowhere to be seen. “The event that was planned tonight had to be…. cancelled .” She strained. “But I'm sure we can find something else to do” she muttered through clenched teeth. God she must hate changing plans so last minute.

“Uh that's cool?” Elizabeth said not getting what the big deal was. There were plenty of shops open in Diagon Alley that looked pretty interesting and then there was that pub next door, Hopping Pot. Elizabeth was just about to say as such when a soft crack sounded beside her.

“May I take missuses coats?” A small squeaky voice sounded from below her, it almost sounded childlike but that would be absurd! She hoped there weren't children in a place like this. Elizabeth looked down to see a tiny creature with big pointy ears, a large pointy nose and wide yellow eyes trembling in a dirty pillowcase.

“What in the world is that!” Elizabeth stumbled back in fear. The little thing’s mouth trembled and and it's ears dropped. It looked like a really tiny old person if they were extremely hairless.

“Oh come off it.” Viola said nastily. She turned to the creature and dropped her coat in its arms revealing a dark green dress Elizabeth was sure she wasn't wearing before. What happened to that shawl thing she was wearing? “Take that away you filthy thing”

“Yes Misses” it squeaked before it disappeared with a small crack. What the fuck was that!?

“Oh.hell.nah” Elizabeth wasted no time in turning and walking back towards the open wall. She knew she should've stayed at the foster house, should've stayed in America. I blame Dursley!

“Oh get in here!” Viola snapped and grabbed Elizabeth by the arm. “You've been seeing weird shit all night and now you want to back out?” Elizabeth wrenched her arm out of her surprisingly strong grasp, pushing Viola away from her in the process.

“Nothing as freaky as that!” She pointed to the spot that, that, thing disappeared from. “What the fuck was that? Where have you brought me to?”

“It's a house elf, now stop embarrassing me and get the fuck inside” Viola hissed and stomped her for foot for good measure. Who the hell was she speaking to?

“No.” Elizabeth spat. She gave Viola one more look like she was crazy and headed to the opening.

“ Evanesco ” The sight of the street disappeared and in its place was reconstructing brick wall. Elizabeth stumbled away, How did she do that?

“What did you do!?” She yelled as she rounded on the brunette her purse forgotten as it dropped to the ground. Elizabeth was a good foot taller than Viola, and she was sure she could beat her ass if the situation called for it.

“I'd watch your tone.” Viola’s shoulder squared off and she cut her eyes at the taller female.

“Open the fucking door Lestrange” Elizabeth growled. Her fists curled at her sides as she took a step towards Viola. Viola reacted calmly as she slipped a stick into her hand and held it firmly at her side.

“A stick?” Elizabeth laughed incredulously. “You're threatening me with a stick?”

Viola smirked and pointed her stick at a nearby chair.

Reducto ” A blue light emerged from the tip of the stick and flew across the room. Elizabeth watched in terror as the chair was blast into pieces.

“Now that I have your attention”

Viola stepped forward and placed the tip of her stick under Elizabeth's neck. “You will stop this erratic behavior and march your arse into that club and do everything I say.” She pressed the stick a little harder. “Understood?” Elizabeth nodded her head.

“Good.”

Viola stepped away and waved the stick in Elizabeth's direction and she flinched. When nothing happened she looked down and the shawl she was wearing disappeared into a dark green mini dress with her purse firmly on her shoulder. Viola hummed and tucked her wand away. “Now let's go, there's a couple of people that want to meet your acquaintance.” She smirked and gave a swish of her hair before she sashayed away.

“So what?” Elizabeth called, her voice hollow. She trusted her, well to an extent, and she wished she took Dudley’s parting advice a little more seriously.

“Now when you get there remember that not everyone will be your friend, England is something else entirely” Dudley leveled her with a stern look. “Not everyone is what they seem” he muttered.

They were standing at her gate in the JFK airport saying their goodbyes. It was about six in the morning and it was half empty. There were only a few others that were on her flight and she didn't expect the rest to get there until seven, Dudley wanted to get there early and avoid the crowd.

“I know Mr. Dursley” She said for what seemed like the umpteenth time.

“Remember where you have to go? Who you have to meet? You have the letter with you” He fretted. Elizabeth frowned, she’d never seen Mr. Dursley this nervous before. He was ringing his hands together, looking over shoulder and dabbing his brow with a handkerchief.

“Yes, yes, I have the letter right here” she patted her jacket pocket. “Saturday I will find my way to Kings Cross station and meet with a Mrs. Longbottom at approximately four in the afternoon” she recited perfectly. Elizabeth remembered the letter to a T, how could she not when it said they had information about her family?

The only reason why she was even going to do this foster home program was because of the letter. She was merely using it as a means to find out more about her heritage. I mean it does include free airfare and lodging, she thought. Half of the battle was already won and now all she had a to do was slip away from the home for two days tops. Something she thought she could manage, she tended to be so quiet that people often forgot she was in the room with them.

“Right” he coughed. “ I'll miss you. Stay strong.” He gave her a quick hug that caught her by surprise. She awkwardly patted his pack and they both released each other fairly quickly.

“I'll be back before you know it” She said through a watery smile. She would not cry, she would not cry. Mr. Dudley gave his own heartbreaking smile before he turned and left her alone.


Elizabeth watched as the only member left in the little family she’d made for herself walk away and felt the tears fall from her eyes for it felt like she was truly saying goodbye for the last time.

“You posed as my friend to get me here?” She continued. Angry tears welled up her eyes and she swiped them away before they could fall. Viola stopped and turned her head to the side.

“Friend?” She chuckled. “That's sweet” she cooed.

Viola turned back and continued on her way to the club. “Let's go squib

***

Elizabeth was out of her element. She had found a wall to press her back up against after she managed to let Lestrange get lost in the crowd. She tried to find her way back to the main entrance but everything looked the same, gone was the beige parlor room entirely and she was freaking out, she was freaking the freak out.

She was in a building full of people who did the unthinkable, who did magic . Elizabeth saw it done with her own eyes, which shouldn't have been possible because magic wasn't real, and it sure as hell didn't look like some kind of seven horsemen type trick. She saw the television show The Magicians if this was anything like that she was in some deep shit. Were vampires and werewolves real? Just the thought of those two creatures spread into more unidentified creatures that made Elizabeth have another internal crises.

Well this girl has got me tongue tied and it happens all the time. It's followed by a mysterious smile and I just want to make her mine.

The music was steadily growing weirder and weirder. The words ranged from the strangest things like Hippogriffs and Hairy Trolls and that confirmed that she wasn't in Kansas anymore. It was like she found herself in a weird young adult science fiction novel and she wanted none of it.

“Well aren't you a pretty little witch” A ginger male leaned against the wall beside her. Where he had came from she didn't know but she knew she wanted to be left alone.

“Heh.” Elizabeth wheezed out. Please leave me alone, please please please. She was far from interested and even if she was she wouldn't be interested in him. The ginger smelt like too much cologne and desperation, two things that never went well together.

“You remind me of someone” He had now laid a hand against the wall right where her face was and was standing in a ridiculous pose. Gross. Elizabeth made sure to keep her face away from him, she didn't want to make it seem like she was interested and have him linger around longer than necessary.

“ Doubt it ” She answered crisply.

“Is that an American accent I hear?” He pressed closer. “Bloody hot that is” whispered in her ear and Elizabeth bit back a groan. His breath smells awful! It smelt like something had shitted and died in his mouth. She was just about to tell him to get lost when someone else beat her to it.

“Oi Weasley” another male great. Elizabeth turned to look at the newcomer. He stood a few inches taller than her with light brown hair and a youthful round face. He could probably whoop this ginger's ass if need be. “get lost she isn't interested”

“Look at what the half-blood dragged in” The ginger slurred. He pushed himself off of the wall and quite drunkenly walked to stand in front of the taller man. The other guy crossed his arms looking unamused.

“Want to start talking about blood status pureblood ?” He lifted an eyebrow. “Remember who your family is asshole” The ginger turned red and produced his middle finger, waving it in the guy's face.

“Get the message?” He asked “Bugger off” he said in finality before he turned to go back to Elizabeth who was staring wide eyed at the scene.

“I will once you leave the girl alone” The guy had produced a similar looking stick like the one Lestrange had use on her. Elizabeth cowered away as the taller male held it out towards the gingers face. The ginger pursed his lips together and stared at the guy before him before he broke out into a grin and shrugged his shoulders.

“See you soon sweet thang” I hope not. He blew her a kiss and gave her a wink before he walked away to no doubt harass another girl. The new duo stared after the ginger for sometime before the spoke up.

“Thank you” She let out. Her shoulders sagged in relief as she let out a breath of her she didn't even know she was holding.

“Are you alright?” The male asked, concern crossing his face. No, Elizabeth nodded her head and gave a grimace of a smile.

“Let me buy you a drink” He offered no chance in refusal as he turned and waved her over to the bar. Elizabeth hesitated for a bit before she followed him. But the gingers words, see you soon sweet thang, echoed in her mind and she followed after him like she was one of Zeus bolts of lightning.

She had just reached the bar when he turned and her a small shot glass with green liquid. Elizabeth frowned at the sight, Yeah I probably shouldn't drink this. The guy threw back his head and down his shot in one go. He made a sour face before he laughed a lot which caught Elizabeth off guard. Yeah I'm definitely not drinking this.

“Piece of advice” he started. The guy took her drink and drunk it for himself. “When the time comes“ he lent forward. “duck” the hell kind of advice was that?

“And also” he lent in and whispered in her ear. “Most of the time the wands are in the sleeves.” How did he? She glanced up at him from under her eyelashes and no doubt a confused look on her face.

“Either break it or use it” he finished before he moved away from her. What just happened? Elizabeth blinked and went to go after him, maybe he can help me get out of here, when she heard her name being called. She turned to see an angry looking Viola appear out of nowhere” fuck. She went to go slip through the crowd but she was too late.

“Stop fucking disappearing!” Viola huffed and grabbed Elizabeth’s arm. Dragging her through the gyrating bodies until she stopped in front of a large circular table. Viola bowed and kept her eyes to the floor Elizabeth did not. If she was going to be in a terrible situation she wanted a good look at the people who would put her there. Because I'm not going down without a fight.

Elizabeth looked at everyone at the table, more smarmy looking than the last. They looked like they haven't bathe in months. They were all wearing this tight looking leather material that looked like CW superhero costumes on a budget.

“This is her?” A physically built man asked from the last seat of the table. His long dark hair laid limp on his shoulders. His dark eyes bore into hers as he got up from his chair.

“Yes Father ” Father? And yeah, yeah Elizabeth could see it. They both had identical looks of crazy in their eyes.

“Good job, you have served the Dark Lord well” he said as he circled around Elizabeth.

“Thank you father” She bowed. If Elizabeth wasn't scared out of her mind she would've snorted at how uncomfortable the younger girl looked doing it. “Does this mean I move up to the inner circle?” Viola raised her eyes, a look of hope crossing over her face as her father gave her a rotten smile.

“Of course pet” He crossed over to her and smoothed her hair back. “I'll make sure you're in the history books” Lestrange placed a wet kiss on Viola’s forehead and she blinked in surprise.

“Wha-?” She started but never got to finish for her father raised his wand and leveled it between her eyes.

“ Avada Kedavara ” Viola’s body dropped and Elizabeth stared in horror at her body became grey and lifeless. Did he just kill her? Lestrange lent down and pressed two fingers against the girl’s neck.

“Annoying little swot wasn't she?” He asked from below. When Elizabeth said nothing he cocked his head up at her. “Told her mother to get rid of her long ago” Lestrange gave her a rather nasty smile before he wiped his hands on his pants and waved for two men to pick up his daughter. That's going to be you in a second. Elizabeth's heart froze she had to do something.

“Now” He stood. “Elizabeth-”

Elizabeth did not wait for him to finish, she turned and grabbed a passerby-er and threw him into the male before running away. She did not look back at the man cursed, she did not look back when the person she threw yelled in surprise, she kept it the fuck moving. Gotta get out of this crazy place.

“Death Eaters!”

Chaos. Utter chaos erupted. Screams, shouts, sounding from all directions as people tried to leave. Elizabeth was almost trampled as she tried to get the bar. A sharp bump into her shoulder knocked her down on the ground.

“Oof” she landed hard on her butt. She scrambled to her hands and knees to get up and noticed something sparkling in the distance. Gold. Gold. Gold.

“Remember what I said Elizabeth. It will take you somewhere safe, somewhere like home”

A sharp pain on her foot had Elizabeth yelping out loud shaking her from her momentary daze. A hand helped her up from the floor and when Elizabeth was on two feet she flinched away and continued to make her way to her destination. Almost there.

She had just made it to the back of the bar when glass exploded around her. Elizabeth ducked her head and tried to dig through her purse unseeingly. She gave a sigh of relief when her hand came in contact with the old pocket watch.

“Time to go luv” Elizabeth looked up to see the guy from earlier. He had an easy smile on his face as he crouched down and placed his hand on her shoulder. Elizabeth was just about to question him before she noticed the bar had warped around them. She felt a slight pull behind her stomach and had to close her eyes at the weird sensation.

One deafening crack later and Elizabeth was reintroduced to the night chill. Her eyes opened in shock as she stumbled and landed on her hands and knees for the second time that night. God I'm dizzy.

“Where are we?” She asked from the ground.

“Forest of Dean” he said as he rummaged through his back pocket. By the time he found it Elizabeth was able to stand on her own two feet without wanting to vomit. He gave a soft exclamation as his fingers pulled out a worn looking map. The guy unfolded it and mutters Lumos under his breath. The tip of his wand glowed a dull white and he held it in front of the map.

“Hmm” he frowned and looked around the dark forest. “I have to get you to the extraction point but-” He trailed off and looked back at the map. “Bloody hell that’s far” he swore underneath his breath.

“Nevermind then” he tapped the map and it folded into itself. “We have some walking to do” he grinned at her before he started walking in a different direction. East I think. “Keep up luv” He called out as he continued moving.

“I'm sorry” Elizabeth hurried up after him. “But Who are you? And why should I trust you?” She huffed. God he has long legs.

“Oi” He smacked his forehead with his hand and turned so quickly that Elizabeth tumbled backwards. “Silly me! Frank Longbottom the second at your service, gryffindor, herbologist, member of the Marauders ” he held his hand out for her to shake.

“Longbottom?” She caught his hand and held it. Longbottom! She clutched his hand and shook it vigorously. “I was suppose to meet a Longbottom in three days time!”

“I got a letter that mentioned a group called the Marauders as well!” Frank grimaced and Elizabeth released his hand with an embarrassed sorry.

“I know” he flexed his hand. “You would've meet my great grandmother” He gave her a smile and turned to continue walking with Elizabeth keeping stride with him “Strong...scary woman she is” he trailed off.

Frank slowed his pace and put his arm out for Elizabeth to stop walking. He squinted in the distance and flicked his wand out of the sleeve of his cardigan. Elizabeth frowned at the sight before, four looking lights like the one Longbottom's wand held was floating in the distance. She could see figures with hoods walking closer to them.

“Who's that?” Elizabeth whispered. Already creeping behind the safety of Frabk. The night air was still and really cold. She gathered it had to be way past one in the morning. A half moon shined in the distance but the trees soaked up the light. Something was off, where are the animals? There were no crickets no hooting owls just silence.

“Trouble” he muttered back. His other hand dug into his front pocket and pulled out a coin. Elizabeth watched as he tapped it and the words Forest of Dean , Order Invasion, Send Backup appeared as if it was being burned into the coin until it turned charcoal black and disappeared. Backup?

“What's an Order-” Elizabeth started. The coin turned bright gold before the words On Our Way appeared.

“Who's on their way?” Frank didn't answer her. Instead he waved his wand over her and frowned when nothing happened. Was something supposed to happen?

“Okay new plan” Frank thrust the coin back into his pocket before he grabbed Elizabeth’s shoulders and duck his head to look directly in her eyes. “In five seconds I want you to run” five seconds?

“Uh okay…” Elizabeth’s heart leaped into her throat, she did not like this she absolutely positively did not like this.

“Run in any direction just not towards the figures that are getting increasingly close” why the hell would I do that?

“ Why the hell would I do that?” She echoed. Longbottom stopped and shrugged.

“Good question” He shook his head. “Just-”

Loud cracks and a hell of a lot of people appeared in the forest before them. It was a split second of silence before someone in the new group roared out a spell. The crowd of people answered with their own rally cry before they charged at the figures. Different color lights started to pass around the forest like it was a laser tag room. People were either fighting or falling to the ground.

“Run Elizabeth!” Longbottom pushed her and Elizabeth ran like her life depended on it, which it did. She was running for what seemed like an eternity before she stopped behind a large tree to catch her breath. She could hear the blood rushing through her ears as she bent over to place her hands on her knees.

A soft snap had her on alert.

Elizabeth lifted her head, blinking her eyes to clear the spots but she saw nothing out of the ordinary. Best to get moving anyway, I hope Longbottom knows where to find me after whatever the hell is happening. Elizabeth sighed and straightened her back, already feeling the soreness settle in. This is why big breasted women don't run. She turned to look back from where she ran and it looked like more people joined the battle. The forest was looking and sounding like a rock concert. Loud booms and clangs echoed throughout the area and Elizabeth sure as hell did not want to know what those were.

Another snap behind her and Elizabeth took off running without warning. The sounds of the chaos within the forest dulled as Elizabeth quite literally ran into a wall of rock. That didn't last long.

“Ugh” She stepped back and opened her eyes to see bright amber crystals staring intensely into her chocolate brown eyes and she inhaled sharply. No not crystal's….eyes.

A soft hand pressed against her mouth and another hand pushed her closer to the tree she was hiding behind. The person stepped forward, the moons bright light illuminating them just a bit, and she came to realize the person was a man. Thick black hair covered hard lines and chiseled jaw lines, the amber eyes turned into molten lava of brown and Elizabeth could feel the rest of her breath leave out of her in that instant. A small fire felt like it had been ignited inside her and was slowly licking through her veins. He’s gorgeous .

A light caress on her cheek snapped her back into reality. She slapped his hand away and stared at him in fear. An unknown man practically has you trapped and all you can think about is his smell Johnson? Get a grip girl ! She tried to put more distance between them before remembering her back was against a tree. Fighting the urge to bang her head against it, Elizabeth tried to think of a strategy. She had to get out of there and fast. I could always run . Her eyebrows furrowed together in concentration and the hand that was across her mouth became a little forceful. The man bent down and whispered in her ear, his voice gruff.

“Don’t even think about it, If you run they’ll kill you” Images of Lestrange falling to the ground filled her head, her eyes unseeing and her body pale made Elizabeth’s heart leaped into her throat. Elizabeth shook her head, her hands curled into fists, and her eyes cut into slits as she stared up at the mysterious man before her. She had to go on, had to push forward, and she’ll be damned if she ran all this way just to die.

Was he this tall a moment ago ? He looked sketchy but ever since the plane landed at the British airport everything seemed out of the ordinary to her. She bit her lip and contemplated. Could he get them out of this forest? And if so how could she trust him afterwards? How would she be able to trust he’d be loyal to her?

“And you won’t?” The question was out her mouth before she even had time to process it. The man's eyes flash back to the eerie color from before and his nostrils flared.

“I would never hurt you.” His voice deep with finality. The air seemed thick as they stared at each other. Elizabeth’s heart squeezed uncomfortably and she subtly rubbed her chest. The man looked down and frowned, he seemed to be intrigued as he traced his fingertips over the necklace she was wearing. What is he doing?

The sound of leaves crunching nearby snapped them out of their trance. The man put his hands around her waist tightly and his eyes flashed in anger. He looked down at her and put his index finger against his lips, motioning for her to keep quiet.

“I know you’re out here Black . I can smell you from a mile away” The new voice cut through the night with its maniacal undertone. It was alternated between high pitched and mannish, as if the person was stuck in puberty. Elizabeth shivered, the voice made her skin crawl. She shifted a little to get a glimpse of the newcomer and she scrunched up her nose. And I thought his voice was skeevy.

“Come here girly girly girly” Elizabeth clutched the man’s forearms her nails digging in his skin. The newcomer had a limp that he seemed to push through as he made his way towards them.

“It's all over! You’ll never leave alive” he taunted. Elizabeth watched the man come closer before he paused in the moonlight. He lifted his head towards the sky and started sniffing. Elizabeth glanced down as metal sparkled in the moonlight, looking closer she realized the metal was his hand! His hand that was holding another wand and Elizabeth recoiled back out of sight. Those things were dangerous and she didn't want to be around any of it.

“Look at me” Elizabeth snapped her eyes back to the man before her.

“When I say run...you run. Understand?” He gave her waist a tight squeezed and she nodded her head rapidly. The man brought his hand to her face and caressed it before he stepped into the other guys path. Elizabeth eyes went wide. Was he trying to get himself killed!?

“Pettigrew” The man in question nose twitched and he gave a yellow smile to the man towering before him.

“Ah I knew I smelled a Black ” Pettigrew tapped his nose and giggled. Seriously? Is that suppose to be an insult? The man isn't even black. Elizabeth rolled her eyes halfway across the world and the racism never stops. She watched as the man’s features fell into amusement.

“I see your Lord has kept you alive. I'm surprised, I thought the rats would be eating your corpse by now” Pettigrew smiled again his teeth bared as they started circling each other.

“ Leo Regulus Lupin-Black always the most...verbal one. Just like your father” Elizabeth’s scrunched her nose in concentration. Leo, why does that name sound so familiar.

Leo gave a bow of his head with a sarcastic smile on his lips. He produced his wand with flare and he twirled it between his fingers. Pettigrew flinched and narrowed his eyes at him, clutching his wand closer to his side.

“Well you know what they say” Leo grasped the wand firmly in his hand looking at it as if it was his most prized possession. His eyes sparkled with delight as he saw the other man squared his shoulders.

“Like father like son” He mumbled. Leo eyes looked across the clearing to where Elizabeth was hiding. He wasn't that far away but he’d rather be much closer to the dark skin girl. She's just too valuable he thought.

Suddenly Pettigrew stopped and sniffed the air. His beady black eyes wide and his nose twitched. He whirled in a circle before he glared and unsteadily pointed his hand at Leo

“I smell her! Where is she Black? Where is she!” Leo simply raised an eyebrow and leisurely walked back to where Elizabeth was hiding.

“I’m afraid I have no idea who this, she, is” he drawled. Pettigrew snarled and flicked his wrist at a nearby tree creating an explosions. Elizabeth became alert when the shouts from the others were suddenly intensified.

“ Bullshit ! She's mine! My reward for the Dark Lord!” Pettigrew roared. He raised his wand and fired straight at Leo.

“ Petrificus Totalus! ” Leo narrowly dodged the binding curse before jumping back and producing his own shield.

“ Protego !” He eyes now back to the deep amber color it was before. He looked away from Pettigrew and right back at her.

“Run Elizabeth!” He yelled. Elizabeth’s breath hitched before she pushed herself away from the tree and away from the wand fight that was happening beside her. Elizabeth pushed herself as best as she could in the dark forest. Don't look back, don't look back, don't look back. Ignoring her own mantra Elizabeth looked back and her foot caught on a rock.

“Humph!” Elizabeth's knees hit the ground and she caught herself on her hands. She groaned and rose clumsily to her feet.

“Don't stop running!” You try running in the woods! Elizabeth went to turn around, her eyes making contact with the rat like man. He roared and his lips began to move at a fast pace, he held his wand high before he pointed it at her.

“Go!” Leo caught her by her waist and continued running but it was too late.

The last thing Elizabeth saw was a bright pink streak fly across the way hitting her in her shoulder. She cried out in pain and the man holding her yelled before she felt her stomach lurch and her insides twist undeniably tight.

“ Avada Kedavra!” Blinding green light filled the forest and with a loud crack Elizabeth and the man were no longer in sight.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.