Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

June 30, 2017

Sugar and Chef arrive at the beach house to begin an interesting four-day weekend. 

Music Mood: The Motive by SPZKRT & Sango 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Sugar plopped her ass onto her gigantic blush pink luggage suitcase to help tame the overloaded bulge of clothes, accessories, and shoes packed inside. She zipped it with success as she sat onto it before she stood up and stared down at her triumphant victory until she realized that she had to drag the luggage towards the front door. She cursed underneath her breath as she hauled the suitcase down the hallway and into the foyer. Though the luggage had wheels, one of the wheels was stiff and unmoving which meant she had to work three times as hard. Over the years, she had meant to buy a suitable replacement, but she only ever remembered to do so when it was too late.

She sat atop of the upright luggage to catch her breath. Lately, she had been extremely tired with little effort at all. With a manager and an assistant now hired, she should’ve been less tired considering her workload had been sliced in half, but sadly, that wasn’t the case. She simply chalked it up to the much-awaited arrival of her period that was scheduled to come after this weekend. She suffered from the use symptoms: tender breasts, cramps, and bloating. As she panted madly, she winced as she suffered from a cramp and smoothed her hand across her belly.

Her moment to recover and rest was cut short by the sound of her doorbell.

She stood up from where she was and opened the front door.

As per usual, the specimen before her was delicious of the darkest sense. Chef wore a pair of “state trooper” shades that complimented him nicely. She could see her reflections in his shades. His salt-and-pepper hair was slicked back nicely that made him look like a seasoned greaser from the 1950s. He wore a fitted black shirt with a sketch of a pirate ship, dark brown leather suspenders, blue jeans, and rugged chestnut-hued boots.

God, why did he have to look so good? Why was it that every single time she saw him, he looked ten times better than the last time? How was that even possible considering he was one of the sexiest men she had ever met?

Chef arched an eyebrow high above the silvery rims of his shades at the sight of her panting, cocking his head with a grin tugging at his lips. “It strokes my ego knowin’ you get worked up by the mere sight of me.”

Sugar rolled her eyes, fighting back a smile. “Is that the only thing that needs stroking, Miles?”

“Keep sayin’ my god-givin’ name like that and it won’t be the only thing that needs strokin’,” he assured as he lifted his shades for a moment to reveal an amused glint in his eyes. Her heart began to throb violently. A warm tingly sensation went straight to her clit, which throbbed in unison to her heart.

“Sadly, you’re not the reason why I’m out of breath,” she said bashfully after clearing her throat.

“Not at the moment,” he returned smoothly.

She ignored his comment—even though it coaxed a flash of heat across her flesh—and stepped aside to present him with her luggage that’s at in her foyer waiting to begin its journey to the beach house and the crazy weekend that would no doubt unfold.

Sugar gestured to the suitcase.

“Meet the real culprit,” she announced.

Chef entered her home and went straight to the luggage.

He grabbed the thick cloth handle and lifted it, slightly taken back by the weight of it. “What the hell is in this thang, darlin’? A dead body?”

“Yes and his name is Lance Wallace,” Sugar joked.

“Well, in that case,” Chef trailed off with a smirk as he dropped the luggage to the floor unforgivingly and let it topple over with a nice thud.

Sugar widened her eyes and smacked his muscular tattooed arm.

“Chef,” she protested through her laughs.

“Alright, alright,” he said with a grin as he retrieved the luggage by its handle once more. “I thought this was supposed to be a four-day weekend.”

“It is a four-day weekend.”

“Then why does this suitcase feel like you’ve packed for a year-long vacation to Europe,” he questioned.

“I like to be prepared,” Sugar answered with a shrug before she closed in on him, tilting her head up to linger her lips a few millimeters from his. “Plus, don’t you want me to look good for you?”

“Honey, you’d look good for me no matter what. Even if you wore a trash bag,” Chef said, dipping his head to close the distance a smidgen but empty air still hovered between their lips.

A sexy playful smile spread across her lips like wildfire.

“Fine. Since we’re still here, I’ll just unpack the new lingerie I just bought,” she said, “and I’ll pack a few trash bags instead.”

He arched a dark eyebrow. “New lingerie, huh?”

She bit her bottom lip for a moment and hummed teasingly, “Mm um.”

“I suppose we could leave the trash bags out of the equation this one time,” he said as he leaned down to peck her lips tenderly.

She moaned in response before she said softly, “I’m glad you approve. I figured I could wear something nice for you behind closed doors to sate some of your appetite considering Sully has issued a ‘no sex’ rule this year. The walls at the beach house are fairly thin.”

“Did you by any chance pack a ball gag,” he questioned teasingly. “That might solve a lot of our problems this weekend.”

Sugar rolled her eyes. “I’ll remember to put that on my grocery shopping list next time.”

About ten minutes later, they were officially on the road. Cruising down freeways and highways leading towards the coast, they took turns being the commander over the radio. Chef always picked a jazz station and Sugar always chose a classical station. Over the soothing music, they bonded over tales of their childhoods, their families, and all things that they loved and all the people that they loved until there was nothing left to talk about.

A silence fell between them.

It wasn’t an awkward kind of silence.

It was the kind of silence that could only be achieved when words no longer did justice and closeness of each other’s presence was just enough.

Being in that car in that very moment was enough.

The windows were rolled down now and wind whipped through her long tresses. She reached out the window, dancing her fingers along the tangible wind and loving the feel of the natural entity wrapping around her.

It was then she felt like she was being watched and she turned her attention towards the driver who stared at her blatantly with an unreadable expression on his handsome face.

His eyes flickered back towards the road ahead.

“Is something wrong,” she asked over the wind as she rolled up the window.

He rolled up the rest of the windows while he clenched his jaw, shaking his head and saying nothing at all.

His reaction made her worry.

What had she done something wrong?

Had she displeased him in some way?

Sugar knew that Chef wasn’t Lance, but finding ways to blame herself was thoroughly coded in her DNA now.

She unbelted her seat belt and leaned over to kiss a trail along his heavily inked arm.

“Have I done something wrong,” she asked.

Almost immediately, his emotionless face softened at her question. He cut his eyes to her briefly.

“It ain’t you, honey. I’m just thinkin’ is all.”

A wave of relief washed over her, but curiosity also got the best of her. “Well, what are you thinking about?”

He smiled subtly. “You’re a nosy little thang, aren’t cha?”

She put her fingertips on his broad chest and stroked the space in between his pecs.

“Mm hm and I can be a persuasive little thang too,” she purred teasingly as she brushed her lips against his earlobe before she drew it into her mouth, grazing her teeth on it, and suckling it gently. A growl deep in his chest vibrated against her fingers.

She attempted to persuade him a little further by blowing softly on his earlobe, smiling as she instantly noticed the goosebumps popping up on his neck. “So, what’s on your mind, Mister Thibodeau?”

“Sadly, darlin’, I’m gonna have to keep these thoughts to myself,” he said.

Sugar pouted. “You don’t trust me?”

“I trust you plenty,” he assured. “This just ain’t the right time of place to talk about it, is all. Let’s just enjoy each other this weekend. When the time’s right, I’ll take your penny for my thoughts.”

“Promise?”

“On my life,” he said.

She blinked at him, impressed by his promise. “On your life? Must be very important.”

“Oh, it’s mighty important,” he guaranteed with a charming wink.

And with that, she was at ease even though there was a sprinkle of curiosity that dwelled inside of her, planting a seed of wanting to know what was going on his mind.

Coastal highways gave way to seaside town streets as they arrived to Havenport. It was a busy beach town that became even busier during the warm spring and hot summer months. There was an endless menu of things to do, but the best place was on the sandy white beaches, dozing off and baking underneath the sun.

The Hartwell siblings tradition to come to Havenport was after one of their father’s Marine buddies offered it to them as a vacation rental after he and his wife divorced. The beach house was utterly gorgeous with a pool and a jacuzzi and the beach a few feet away with wooden gate.

In all the previous years of joining her siblings at this beach house, she always was the first to arrive and everyone trickled in throughout the afternoon until day melted into night. However, much to her surprise, all her siblings had arrived before she did.

She pursed her lips at the sight of all their vehicles parked along the curb in front of the beach house, knowing damn well why everyone decided to be here on time for once—or more appropriately, be here early.

As if on cue, Mallory exited the house wearing a turquoise polo shirt and black beach shorts. He slipped his hands into his pockets, glancing around casually as if he couldn’t see Chef’s car before he finally locked eyes on it. A mock look of pleasant surprise splashed onto his face and walked over to them as they were getting out.

“Hello, dear sister,” Mallory said chipperly. “It warms my heart to know you’ve arrived safely.”

Sugar rolled her eyes. “Cut the crap, Mallory.”

Mallory ignored her comment and met Chef halfway with an offer of a handshake that Chef accepted. “I’m Mallory. It’s good to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.”

“Yes, it’s a pleasure to meet you as usual. Sugar has told me a lot about you,” Chef returned with a nod.

Mallory grinned cockily, glancing over to Sugar. “I hope Shug didn’t paint me in too much of a bad light.”

“Of course not,” Sugar said. “It was way, way, way worse.”

Mallory placed a hand over his heart, pretending to be saddened by her words. “I’ll be sure to clear my name this weekend, but enough about me. Everyone is inside waiting for you to come on in.”

Sugar glanced towards the beach house, immediately noting the seafoam green curtains parted before they quickly fell shut. She shook her head, sighing softly. Apparently, everyone was waiting and watching from the windows.

“Well, we wouldn’t want to keep them waiting,” Sugar then said.

After Chef collected her heavy suitcase and his much-smaller bag from the trunk, the three made their way towards the house. Mallory, pretending to be a gentleman, opened the front door and called out in a smooth singsong voice, “They have arrived!”

Odette, Katrina, and an unfamiliar woman were playing a board game at the dining room table and stopped what they were doing. Rochelle and Reid stepped out of the kitchen. Odette’s husband Tate, Rochelle’s husband Victor, and Sully were relaxing on the couch and recliners in the living room and watching a loud action movie with classic a chorus of gunfire and explosions. Everything seemed so innocent and yet Sugar knew it was all an act. Tate muted the movie with a press of a remote-control button as all eyes turned on Sugar and Chef.

 Helena was the one to break the silence as she said sweetly, “Hey, Chef. Long time, no see.”

Chef nodded at the young woman with a slight grin. “It’s good to see you again, Miss Helena.”

The sight of a little schoolgirl crush flickered in Helena’s eyes at Chef’s southern politeness. Sugar bit back a smile.

“Chef, you remember my sisters Odette and Rochelle,” Sugar reintroduced, gesturing to each woman. “Rochelle’s sister-in-law Reid.”

“Of course,” he said. “It’s a pleasure to see you all again.”

Sugar cocked her head at the unfamiliar woman at the dining room table, which the woman caught on immediately.

“Oh, I’m Taffy,” the woman introduced herself with a nervous giggle. “A good friend of Mallory.”

Taffy was definitely Mallory’s type. She was petite and womanly in all the right places with luscious fiery red curls that suited the coppery undertones of her chestnut skin tone.

“Right,” Sugar said with a kind smile. “Nice to meet you, Taffy.”

She glanced over her shoulder to give her baby brother an ‘are you serious’ look before she turned her attention over the men of the group. By then, her sisters’ husbands and her twin brother had pried themselves from their spots and made their way into the foyer.

“Chef, these is my brother-in-laws Tate and Victor,” Sugar introduced.

Chef put their luggage down to shake each man’s hand respectively.

“Nice to meet you,” said Victor with a grin.

“Welcome to the family,” replied Tate. “Once you go Hartwell, all ends well. Am I right?”

Odette cleared her throat sharply and coughed as a signal for Tate to shut up, which he immediately took hint of and backed off, making his way over his wife.

“Was that too much? That was too much, wasn’t it,” he whispered to Odette. She bit her bottom lip and gave him a ‘yeah, kind of’ look as she rubbed his arm affectionately.

“And you must be Sullivan,” Chef spoke, his eyes locking onto Sully as he approached.

“The one and only,” Sully returned.

The two men were practically standing toe-to-toe when they shook hands. It felt as if the world had stopped at Sully and Chef regarded each other, sizing each other up subtly to determine each other’s worth.

“I’m glad you could come,” Sully finally spoke. A tiny sign of approval that all the Hartwell siblings and their spouses picked up on within moments.

“I appreciate the invite,” Chef returned.

A wave of relief crashed over her at the exchange that was unfolding before her.

“You like beer? You like action movies,” Sully wondered.

Chef smirked. “As much as you like air.”

Sully gestured over to the living room that featured the gigantic flat screen television still displaying a football game on mute. “Care to join us after the two of you get settled in?”

“Love too,” Chef agreed.

Just like that, everyone dispersed into their own activities.

Sugar led Chef down a hallway to a bedroom at the very end of the hallway. Once they were inside, she plopped down at the edge of the bed and let out a relieved sigh that she had been holding in. After placing their luggage onto the floor, he closed the door.

He grinned at her, arching a dark eyebrow. “So what’s my final score, judge?”

She showed him seven fingers.

Chef went to her and took a hold of her forearm, pulling her to her feet before curling his tattooed arms around her waist before he planted a soft kiss on her lips. “How about now?”

“Eight,” Sugar giggled.

He kissed her again, easing his tongue into her mouth to make a comfy home there. Their lips worked in tandem as they got swept up a kiss that grew more feverish with each passing second. She wrapped her arms around his neck and rose to the tips of her toes, wanting to taste more of him.

Finally, he pulled back slightly. “Now what?”

“Nine-point-eight,” she answered teasingly.

He gave her a pop on the ass.

“And a half,” she added, biting back a smile.

“I can work with that,” Chef said.

{}{}{}{}{}{}

After the movie was over, it was time for the barbeque party. It was a tradition to have one on the first day of their four-day weekend gettogether. Sully always manned the grill. Tate always talked Sully’s ear off. Victor always napped in a pool chair alongside Rochelle. Mallory always shuttled in and out of the house, fixing everyone their drinks just the way they like it. Odette and Helena always sat at the edge of the pool’s deep end, dangling their legs in the water while they chattered, cackled, and slurped down colorful cocktails garnished with colorful umbrellas.

Taffy sat in a pool chair, exploring all her cell had to offer.

Sugar could see all of this from her bedroom window.

She winced as she suffered from another terrible cramp. She walked over to the bed and plopped backwards, closing her eyes as she breathed through the pain.

“You alright,” Chef asked as he emerged from their bedroom’s bathroom.

She nodded her head slowly, rubbing her belly. “Mm hm. Just a cramp, that’s all.”

She opened her eyes and sat up, her pain quickly forgotten as a pleased look splashed onto her face at the sight of Chef in his swimming trunks.

“Very nice,” she complimented as she stood up, making her way towards him.

He grabbed her hand and maneuvered her to twirl slowly so he could see her sunset orange bandage swimsuit hugging her curves at all possible angles.

“Aren’t you glad I didn’t bring trash bags,” she asked teasingly.

“Mm hm,” he hummed and pulled her in for a kiss, but halted as he witnessed her wince once more as she endured another cramp.

“I think it might be best if you lay down and rest,” he said.

Sugar rolled her eyes. “I think I can handle a few cramps, Chef. It comes with the territory of being a woman. It just means that my period is around the corner.”

He eyed her carefully before he nodded. “Alright.”

Soon, they joined everyone outside.

“About damn time,” Helena hollered, waving Sugar to join her and Odette.

Sugar went to them and sat down at the edge of the pool, shivering as her feet eased into the crystal blue pool water. Odette playfully nudged her shoulder.

“I would bitch at you for being late, but you have a very legitimate excuse,” Odette said as she glanced in between Sugar and Chef who, after talking briefly with Tate and Sully at the grill, stepped into the pool and began skillfully swimming with effective strokes.

Sugar rolled her eyes. “We were only getting dressed.”

“Uh-huh,” Helena voiced as she watched Chef swim like he was the next best thing since sliced bread.

“While you’re ‘uh-huhing’, you should probably wipe the drool off your chin, Helena,” Sugar teased, which caused Odette laughed for a moment. 

Just then, Taffy giggled madly as Mallory flirted with her while he leaned down to take a sip of her cocktail. All three women looked over their shoulders to witness the display. Helena made a disgusted sound and rolled her eyes so far into the back of her head that she almost looked possessed.

Sugar and Odette exchanged glances.

“She’s so damn tacky,” Helena huffed before she tossed aside the straw unforgivingly and straight gulped down the rest of her cocktail.

“Sounds like you’re a little jealous,” Odette said.

Helena snorted in laughter. “Like I’d be jealous of Ronald McDonald’s sidechick.”

Odette raised her eyebrows and gasped, “You slept with Lory?”

Sugar blinked in disbelief. “I’m sorry…what?”

Helena rolled her eyes and pursed her lips, but said nothing. 

“What the actual fuck, Helena,” Odette whispered harshly. “What the actual living fuck.”

“How,” Sugar needed to know.

Helena sucked her teeth and gave Sugar an annoyed look. “What the fuck kind of bullshit question is that? Do I seriously need to tell you about the birds and the bees, Shug? You Hartwell bitches always be asking dumb questions.”

Sugar’s hormones were juiced up and she didn’t take too kindly to Helena’s rudeness.

“Keep up with the attitude and I’ll swoop down on you like a bird and sting your ass like a bee, Helena,” Sugar promised, narrowing her eyes. “You can believe that.”

“Hold on, Sugar,” Odette said, holding her hand up. “I got this ‘cause I told this little girl to stay the hell away from Lory because no good would come from it and she didn’t listen. Now, she wanna run her mouth while her ass hurt from getting bit.”

Helena gave her an unimpressed look. “And what exactly are you going to do, Ettie?”

“This,” Odette said before she pushed Helena into the pool.

“You know I can’t swim,” Helena screamed, flailing and struggling to stay above water at the deep end of the pool. Tate rushed towards the pool and dived in an attempt to rescue his baby sister. Mallory abruptly stopped his flirting with Taffy and followed suit. She didn’t suffer long as Chef saved her, holding her above water. Helena coughed, wrapping her arms around his neck. He swam over to the edge of the pool and lifted her up, setting her down. All the men surrounded her as she sat there, dripping and shivering. Sully, Tate, Chef, and Mallory coddled her. Bombarding her with questions regarding her wellbeing and giving her their utmost attention. Victor even rose up from his pool chair to swoop in, draping a pool towel on her shoulders.

Helena genuinely looked like a sad wet puppy until she glanced over Sugar and Odette, a mischievous glimmer in her chocolate brown eyes.

“That cunning little bitch,” Odette huffed.

Sugar shook her head, clapping her hands softly. “Damn, she’s good.”

Mallory climbed out of the pool and helped her to her feet, assuming the responsibility of getting her inside to lay down and rest after her near-death experience. In doing so, he left behind Taffy without so much as a second glance.

With that, their four-day weekend had officially begun.

Sugar dreaded what else was to come, but the feeling eased slightly as Chef swam over to her, settling himself in between her legs as she sat at the edge of the pool. “You want to tell me what that was all about?”

She smiled and said, “Sadly, darlin’, I’m gonna have to keep my thoughts to myself.”

Recognition flickered in his eyes as she repeated the same response he told her in the car on the way here. A grin eased across his lips.

“You don’t trust me,” he asked, arching an eyebrow as he leaned up.

“Oh, I trust you plenty,” she assured, leaning down to meet him halfway for a kiss.

Before they could seal the deal, the sound of a throat clearing sharply abruptly ended the moment. The two turned their attention to Sully who stood nearby with a stern look on his face.  

“Food’s ready. Come get something to eat,” Sully announced before he walked back towards his spot in front of the grill, eying them like a hawk with a spatula in hand. In that moment, she felt like a teenaged girl being supervised by an overprotective father and not a thirty-eight-year-old grown ass woman. She fought the urge to roll her eyes hard. She could sense Sully’s pettiness like a steady pulse.

 

It was going to be a long, long, long weekend. 






Chapter End Notes:

Pinterest Board: Sugar Mama by Missus James

Tate, Victor, and Taffy's pictures will be uploaded soon.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.