Thirty-seven-year-old Sugar Wallace used her bitter divorce as a sweet inspiration to pursue her lifelong dream of opening a trendy dessert and wine restaurant called Sugar Mama. Her friends and family want her to dive back into the dating game, but Sugar refuses to open her heart to another. Not when the man she gave her heart to for eighteen years of marriage crushed it after cheating on her with a young Instagram model. She's perfectly content with a busy life of running a successful business. Then one night, she witnesses a forty-six-year-old beaten man get pushed from a car and everything changes.
Categories: Original Fiction Characters:
, RomanceStory Status: ActivePairings:
July 18 2017 Updated:
August 13 2017
Normally, I write main characters that are in their twenties and early thirties. I've never written main characters in their late-thirties and forties. I've always wanted to write a story with Sanaa Lathan, but I needed a good leading man then I came across a fine specimen on Pinterest and I was absolutely awestruck. He was my leading man! He was my Miles Thibodeau.
Here is my pinterest board for this story. It contains all the characters' pictures and inspirations for different settings in the story as I write them.
I think I might publish this story in the near future, but I would love public opinion and honest feedback.
1. Bittersweet by Missus James [Reviews - 40] (3012 words)
2. Unsweet Beginnings by Missus James [Reviews - 10] (3202 words)
3. Bitter Treasure by Missus James [Reviews - 16] (3232 words)
Early morning of April 19, 2017
Sugar witnesses something that will change her life forever.
Music Mood: Lacrimosa by Mozart
4. Sour Sisters by Missus James [Reviews - 13] (3747 words)
April 25, 2017
Sugar sends some sweet quality time with her sisters, but it turns sour.
Music Mood: Hard Time by Seinabo Sey
5. Salty Reunion by Missus James [Reviews - 21] (4260 words)
6. Sweet Jasmine by Missus James [Reviews - 23] (3763 words)
7. Hot Soup by Missus James [Reviews - 24] (4423 words)
May 31, 2017
It's Sugar's birthday and she's sick. Someone has to take care of her whether she likes it or not.
Music Mood: Come Through and Chill
8. Yummy Cake by Missus James [Reviews - 19] (4405 words)
9. Sweet Talk by Missus James [Reviews - 32] (3940 words)
10. Hot Affair Pt. 1 by Missus James [Reviews - 23] (8815 words)