Thirty-seven-year-old Sugar Wallace used her bitter divorce as a sweet inspiration to pursue her lifelong dream of opening a trendy dessert and wine restaurant called Sugar Mama. Her friends and family want her to dive back into the dating game, but Sugar refuses to open her heart to another. Not when the man she gave her heart to for eighteen years of marriage crushed it after cheating on her with a young Instagram model. She's perfectly content with a busy life of running a successful business. Then one night, she witnesses a forty-six-year-old beaten man get pushed from a car and everything changes.
Categories: Original Fiction Characters:
, RomanceStory Status: ActivePairings:
July 18 2017 Updated:
December 08 2018
Normally, I write main characters that are in their twenties and early thirties. I've never written main characters in their late-thirties and forties. I've always wanted to write a story with Sanaa Lathan, but I needed a good leading man then I came across a fine specimen on Pinterest and I was absolutely awestruck. He was my leading man! He was my Miles Thibodeau.
Here is my pinterest board for this story. It contains all the characters' pictures and inspirations for different settings in the story as I write them.
I think I might publish this story in the near future, but I would love public opinion and honest feedback.
1. Bittersweet by Missus James [Reviews - 84] (3012 words)
2. Unsweet Beginnings by Missus James [Reviews - 11] (3202 words)
3. Bitter Treasure by Missus James [Reviews - 17] (3232 words)
Early morning of April 19, 2017
Sugar witnesses something that will change her life forever.
Music Mood: Lacrimosa by Mozart
4. Sour Sisters by Missus James [Reviews - 14] (3747 words)
April 25, 2017
Sugar sends some sweet quality time with her sisters, but it turns sour.
Music Mood: Hard Time by Seinabo Sey
5. Salty Reunion by Missus James [Reviews - 21] (4260 words)
6. Sweet Jasmine by Missus James [Reviews - 26] (3763 words)
7. Hot Soup by Missus James [Reviews - 26] (4423 words)
May 31, 2017
It's Sugar's birthday and she's sick. Someone has to take care of her whether she likes it or not.
Music Mood: Come Through and Chill
8. Yummy Cake by Missus James [Reviews - 19] (4405 words)
9. Sweet Talk by Missus James [Reviews - 32] (3940 words)
10. Hot Affair by Missus James [Reviews - 31] (8815 words)
11. Sugary Sweet by Missus James [Reviews - 22] (4268 words)
12. Sour & Selfish by Missus James [Reviews - 19] (3244 words)
It's the morning after and Chef and Sugar show off their self sides before everything turns sour.
Mood Music: Say It Again by H.E.R.
13. Tasty Offering by Missus James [Reviews - 15] (3030 words)
June 10, 2017
Sugar has to confront her twin brother with the truth and a peace offering.
Mood Music: Secrets by OneRepublic
14. Sweet Satisfaction by Missus James [Reviews - 28] (5768 words)
15. Salty Scars by Missus James [Reviews - 15] (3844 words)
16. Juicy Sausage by Missus James [Reviews - 13] (4132 words)
17. Sweet Welcome by Missus James [Reviews - 14] (4015 words)
18. Bitter Pretending by Missus James [Reviews - 18] (5803 words)
July 1, 2017
During the second night of their vacation, Sugar and Chef play with the boundaries of pretending.
Music Mood: Brave by Jhene Aiko
19. Sour Surprises by Missus James [Reviews - 14] (4369 words)
20. Sweet Compromise by Missus James [Reviews - 11] (1615 words)
21. Bold Limits by Missus James [Reviews - 15] (3768 words)
22. Bittersweet Past by Missus James [Reviews - 16] (3968 words)
23. Warm Gratitude by Missus James [Reviews - 10] (3918 words)
August 15, 2017 - 2AM
Sugar is eight weeks pregnant and she has a surprise for an overworked Miles, but the night takes an unexpected turn.
Mood Music: F' It Up by Tank (There are two ways you can f*ck something up.)
24. Rotten Intentions by Missus James [Reviews - 12] (4171 words)
25. Bitter Pill by Missus James [Reviews - 15] (4518 words)
26. Salty Tears by Missus James [Reviews - 13] (1890 words)
27. Bland Departure by Missus James [Reviews - 11] (3868 words)
September 14, 2017
Sugar goes to a funeral, faces old skeletons, and digs herself a new grave.
Mood Music: Speculate by Xavier Omar