Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The laughing, chattering, and glasses clinking could be heard throughout Tony's place. Everyone seemed to be getting along, despite the feud that took place a year ago. Morphine sat at the bar looking around, there was a slight tension with her group of peers as they tossed fake smiles back and forth. She really missed when things weren't so awkward, she had been on Alfheim with her mother the year Steve and Tony's bitch fit took place, and she would've smacked everyone involved if she could. The Sokovia Accords, that was what this was all about.

Coming back to Earth, she met some new faces like Sam, Vision, T'challa, Wanda, Scott, Sharon, Peter, and of course, Bucky. She was very reluctant to meet new people, as it took her a while to get comfortable with the rest of her friends. With Steve, she was very comfortable with him. She liked them though, she was just tired of seeing them force conversations and fake their smiles. They were Earth's mightiest heroes, the least they could do is be real with each other. Maybe she could talk to Steve and Tony, and get them to talk. She watched as Steve was talking to Sharon, Natasha, and Bucky, while Tony was on the other side of the room with T'challa and Rhodey. Clint and his wife were having an animated conversation with Scott and his friends, while Wanda and Vision were off in a corner being cozy. Shaking her head, she took a sip of her drink that was now watered down. She missed Thor and Loki, and wondered where Bruce had gone.

"Hey, girl," she heard to the right of her. Sam had sat beside her, smiling his wide-toothed grin.

"What's up, Sam?" she asked, taking another sip of her drink.

"Nothing, just wondering why my favorite spitfire was sitting over here all alone." He pandered. Morphine smirked, "Isn't it obvious? I'm minding my business."

Sam chuckled, "Don't be cold, pun intended. I mean, don't you at least want to talk to someone...besides me." He suggested.

Morphine grimaced, "Nah." She and Sam laughed for a bit, before Steve walked over to them. Morphine's smile dropped. It wasn't that she didn't like Steve anymore, she loved him as friend despite having a short fling with him. The whole ordeal with him and Tony left a sour taste in her mouth.

"Hey, Morphine." He said, she gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Steve." She said with a nod.

"Listen, can we talk in private?" He asked. Sam took that as his cue to leave. Morphine took another sip of her of her drink, as Steve looked down and scratched the back of his neck. "It's been awhile since we've talked. I like your hair, black suits you, though the blue was-,"

"Steve." She cut him off. "What do you want to talk about?" She figured it was best to just get it over with, rather than have awkward small talk.

"Are we okay? You've been really distant, more distant than usual." He pandered.

"Steve, do you want the honest truth?" She asked him. He really wanted to know if they were still on a friendly basis. He knew that things were rocky between he and Tony, things were starting to get rocky with Morphine. Was it because of He and Tony's disagreement? Was it because he brought Sharon, and she still had feelings for him? He noticed she was alone, and not with Loki.

"Here's the truth, Steve, you and Tony are being so petty and childish. You need to talk it out face-to-face instead of sending Tony a passive aggressive letter in the mail. Really Steve?" She sneered.

"Morph, it's more to it than that. You shouldn't have to feel like you have to mend me and Tony's friendship." Steve said.

"You watched Tony's parents - who you were close to by the way - be murdered by your friend over there," she said pointing to Bucky, who was glancing at the two of them. Morphine decided to calm herself down, she had been drinking a lot, and didn't want to make a scene. "Look, just talk to him as a friend, and not as Captain America."

Steve nodded, "You know I only wanted what was best for him, I wanted what was best for all of us." Morphine was quiet, as she took another sip of her drink. "I'll talk to him." He said before patting her shoulder gently, Morphine smiled as he walked away. Hopefully, things would go back to how they were. She missed when they all worked together like a close-knit family that cared about each other. Shaking her head to rid her of those thoughts, she watched as Steve walked towards Tony, they exchanged a few words, and then went somewhere private. Morphine smiled, things were going good so far.

She then heard a throat being cleared, turning towards the person, it was Bucky. She raised her eyebrow as if to question his presence. "Would you make me a drink?" he asked. Morphine said nothing as she got up from her seat, and went behind the bar.

"What's your poison?" she asked.

"Whiskey." he said. She got him a glass, and poured the possibly expensive whiskey. Sliding the glass to him, she propped her elbows on the bar - watching him drink. She looked him over as he drank, taking him in. His hair was pulled into a bun at the nape of his neck, metal arm hidden inside his long-sleeve button down. His gaze swept towards her, and their gazes met.

Bucky felt like he's seen Morphine before, his memory was still fuzzy, but the nightmares and memories were still coming back to him. Where had he seen her from?






Chapter End Notes:

Guess who's back!!! I'm trying something new with my OC Morphine, and I'd really appreciate if you all would tell me how you feel about this new story. Yay or Nay? I know you all love Loki and the prequel to this story, "Fire and Desire", so please vote and comment your opinions!

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.