Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


2 mos. Post delivery


"Rick. Rick, honey, I need you to let me up. I've got to use the restroom."


"Hm?"


"I have to pee."


Incoherently mumbling something, Rick moves a little. Rousing from his deep sleep, he slightly cracks one eye open. I hate to wake him, loving the feel of his heavy body partially over mine, as I lay on my back, our legs intertwined. His arm is possessively draped across my chest, hand curling around my neck, fingers splayed in my hair at the nape. If I didn't have to pee, I wouldn't bother him, but I've been laying awake now for the past half hour, running my fingers through his curls, thinking about everything that needs to get done today, and I can't hold it any longer.


Closing his eyes again, Rick hasn't moved to get up. Instead, I can feel his fingers massaging the back of my neck, and the weight of his cock growing steely against my thigh. Moving closer to my face, Rick places his warm lips on my cheek, leaving a trail of wetness from his soft kisses. In between pecks, my ears pick up the muffled demand of his words spoken against my cheek, "Stay right here." Increasing the intensity of his kisses, they escalate from quick and light, to more aggressive bites and nibbles, no longer hovering near my cheek, but now migrating to my jaw, my chin, and now my neck. "Let's just stay in the bed a little longer, baby. Ok?" He rasps, voice gravelly and deep from sleep. In and out, deeply inhaling the scent of me, as if in a trance, his face is pressed into my neck, and I can feel the flutter of his long eyelashes. "Please, Chonne?"


"I would love to, but I have to pee, Rick. And, there is a lot to do for the gathering today." I respond in between my own heavy pants and quiet moans of arousal. Arching my back at the tingling sensation his voice, kisses, and touch are causing, I close my own eyes to savor the heat of his breath, the gratifying promise of his caress. Rick and I have not had sex since the boys came two months ago, but I'm more than ready, and I know he is as well. His eyes often linger for prolonged periods of time, full of lust, traversing the full length of my still petite, but fuller, curvier body. Hands roam for extended touches and grasps, often greedily gripping handfuls of my ass and hips. His kisses are more aggressive, hungry. And I want to feed that unfed hunger so sincerely, my own body perilously starved of the delight of his sensual and satisfying lovemaking. For now, though, all of that pent up need remains unmet.


It just seems like there has not been a good time for us to pick that part of our lives back up yet. Corey cleared me for sex two weeks ago when the bleeding finally stopped, and he noted that my stitches have healed nicely. But with the babies in the room with us, making it easier for us to manage feedings, and Judith climbing in bed with us, a tad jealous of the babies, there has not been an opportunity given the lack of privacy. Last night was the first night that we have had our bed to ourselves in awhile. Rick finally had enough of Judith's wild sleeping, frequently catching both of us unaware in our sleep with more than a few kicks and punches from her little arms and legs, and sent her back to her own room. With the boys now sleeping longer in between feedings, I think they may be able to move into their cribs in the room next door soon. I'm hopeful that these positive first steps in making our bedroom a private place for us again, moves us towards being able to find the time to reconnect sexually. I desperately miss being with him in that way.


"I'll release you on one condition…" he raises his index finger.


"Rick! I have to pee!" I playfully whine, squirming at the fullness of my bladder.


"One condition, Chonne. You come right back to me afterwards. None of that let's get the day started mess. Early bird Judith isn't even up yet. Jamie and Junior are over there in their bassinets still sleep. So you come on back and let me love on you some more."


"We'll see…?"


"Don't make me have to come after you." He growls in my ear, knowing how much that turns me on.


"Ok. A few more snuggles, then we have to get up. We have a lot going on today. Deal?" I offer, attempting to keep him on track with the day's schedule.


"Deal." He reluctantly agrees, rolling over to his back, releasing me.


Without the warmth of his body over mine, I can feel the warm fall breeze flitting in through the open windows, dancing across my skin. Peeking through the curtains, taking in the dusky blush of early dawn, I see leaves are drifting on the wind, gracefully wafting to the ground into piles of orange and brown, signaling the beginning of fall.


Quickly peeing and washing my hands, I take a brief peek over to the boys, taking note that they are peacefully sleeping in their bassinets on their backs. Quietly I tiptoe back towards the bed. As soon as I get within arm's reach, Rick reaches his hand out for me, guiding me back to bed with him. Pulling me back into the heat of his body, facing each other on our sides. Clad only in his boxers, his leg is thrown over me again, the hair tickling my own legs. Arms tightly encircle my waist, hands squeezing my now bigger ass. Content beyond belief, nuzzling in closer to him, I'm enjoying the snug possessiveness of his hug, his squeezing.


Leaning further into him, head nestled under his chin, I ask, "Do you think there are enough chairs and tables for the food and for people to sit?"


"Yes."


"Ok good. I was worried about that. I think this party is a good thing. We can introduce the babies to everyone, and all of the communities can catch up. It should be fun before the weather gets too cold for traveling."


"I agree." Rick answers disinterestedly, apparently distracted with playing with a few of my dreads with one hand, running them through his fingers. Still clutching my ass with the other.


"And I have a few things I want to discuss with everyone regarding how each community can move their borders further out progressively. I think that now that the fighting has stopped it's time to keep going, rebuilding. You know there are a lot of universities and government buildings here in the DMV area, we need to start moving into DC, see what's there. I don't know, Rick, taking this time off with the boys has me thinking of all the things we need to do to ensure their future. Ideas just keep coming." Excitedly my thoughts spill out.


Since I have been home mostly the last two months, trying to get a rhythm down for taking care of my family, and myself, the concept of rebuilding has been heavy on my mind. This life, these kids, Rick's and my relationship, if any of these things are going to grow, thrive, survive, we have to make a way for it, and these ideas are the way. Sometimes I will be cooking, or showering, or trying to fall asleep and an idea will just come to me. A basic education or training plan, exploring methods to re-industrialize our society. Sustainable energy sources to research. Revitalizing communication methods, phones. I've always been like this though. I suppose this quasi return to a semblance of civility is kicking my brain back into gear. When I was a lawyer, in the old world, I would get the best ideas for how to argue a case, or a statute to research, a position to take, case law to look up, usually at the oddest of times. It's happening again, and I suppose it's a signal that I'm feeling like my old self. While I love being a sword wielding bad ass, I also miss this part of myself. I'm happy to see some of the old Michonne return from the background where my survival instincts hid her away. Fighting to live and eat for today is one thing, developing ways to live and feed future generations is another.


"Whatever you want, Chonne." Rick distractedly responds, no longer playing with my hair, instead he's moving his hand down to my throat, which he knows is a very sensitive spot. In a loose grasp, he's rubbing his calloused fingers over my throat, around my neck, thumb gravitating upwards to caress over my chin, my lips.


"Rick, what are you doing?" I ask, raising my head to make contact with him, fully aware of exactly what he's doing.


"I'm agreeing with you, because you're brilliant, and I'm enjoying the quiet time with my favorite girl, that's all. Once everyone is here it's gonna be a busy day. Gotta get my time in with you while I can." He whispers, moving his head for his soft lips to now nudge my ear, teeth lightly nipping.


"You're right. I just have so many ideas, thoughts, plans, all congregating in my brain. And I want everyone to have a good time. There is a lot to celebrate." I pause, as his touch continues its exploration in a light graze, hovering over my breasts. "Right now, this is good, everything is good." I casually respond, drawing out the last part on a low breathy moan.


"This is good." He agrees, rolling me over to my back and positioning himself between my legs. "This is better." He declares, kissing me, plying my lips open with his tongue. Deepening the kiss, my legs automatically wrap themselves around his narrow waist. Just as his hands move to push my night gown over my breasts, there is a knock at the door.


"Mommy! Are you awake, Mommy? Daddy? Are you awake?" A little voice from the other side of the door yells.


"Shit. Maybe if we don't answer she will think we are still asleep?" Rick offers, not stopping his ministrations.


"If we don't answer, she will keep knocking and yelling and wake the boys anyway." I reason, running my fingers through his hair, and nipping at his bottom lip. "Come on, Grimes. Time to get the day started."




"That was a lot of fun, I'm glad we did this. Maybe it should be a yearly thing?" I say, packing up the face painting supplies I used during the day.


"Yeah, that would be nice. I think it helps everyone feel settled to see us all thriving and getting along." Maggie distractedly responds, looking somewhere in the crowd over my head.


"Agreed. Did you see everyone trying to dunk Daryl in the booth? Of course Rosita would be the only one who hit the target and dunked him!" I laugh, remembering the surprise on Daryl's face when Rosita stepped up to throw the balls at the target, getting a bull's-eye on her first try.


"I know! And she's so big now right? Can you imagine the hell raiser this kid is going to be? I can't wait!"


"Yeah, I know. Carl said if it's a girl she can be one of the twins' girlfriend. There aren't a lot of kids right now, so he could be right." I shrug, standing up and grabbing the box of supplies, looking out over the crowd to see what has Maggie's attention.


"Her and Daryl are a legit thing now?" Maggie asks, stepping into my line of vision and scrunching her face up in confusion. The same confusion that all of us share actually.


"I don't really know. She is staying in his apartment, but she said it's just in case she needs help. I think they are making their own rules to their relationship, and that's a good thing. As long as they work it out between them." I reason. Moving my head to look past Maggie and around the crowd, I can't locate my husband and kids. "Somehow I missed where Rick and the kids got off to. When he took off did he say anything to you?"


"Um yeah, he said he has the kids and needed to check on something before the dinner tonight." Maggie replied, but with a weird tinge to her voice.


"Oh? Really? Ok. Guess I'll head home and start getting myself ready then."


"No! Um, I have something for you. It's back at the house I'm staying at, it's a dress I think will look good on you. Why don't you come with me and get dressed with me, and then you can meet Rick and the kids at dinner? We haven't gotten a chance to spend any girl time together in a while." Maggie doesn't wait for my response, just grabs my hand and begins leading me towards the house she is staying in while her and Hershel are here. With her other hand she is pushing Hershel in his stroller.


"It's just, a little odd that he didn't say anything to me. Just kind of disappeared while I was face painting. Don't you think it's odd, Maggie?" I question, startled by her sudden movement, pulling on my hand, but following her lead no less.


"Rick is weird sometimes, right? All guys are. Glenn definitely was. Don't worry about it." She hurriedly says. Looking back at me briefly, she shrugs off my concern. "Wait until you see this dress!"


Entering the house behind Maggie, I'm growing a little concerned about Rick and the kids. It's got to be near feeding time for the boys, and Rick knows they like to eat exactly every three hours, or Junior especially, will have a fit. The more I think about it, the more anxious I'm becoming, and I decide that I'm just going to grab this dress from Maggie and head home.


"Come on upstairs, Michonne." Maggie shouts from the steps as she begins heading upstairs.


"Wait-"


"Can you bring Hershel with you please?" She questions, cutting off my protest.


Turning to Hershel, quietly laying in his stroller on his back, foot in his mouth, I lean over and pickup the chubby baby. "Your mama is behaving very strange isn't she, sweetpea?" I ask Hershel, smiling at him, adoring the rosy tint to his fat cheeks. A hint of pain pierces my heart recognizing his near identical resemblance to his father. From the jet black hair that covers his head, to the shiny coal of his eyes, he is completely Glenn. Along with that pain, it's sometimes hard to remember that he has never met his father, and never will, especially when he resembles him so much more than any of us expected. Maggie always seems so well put together, handling the loss of Glenn better than some of us, but there have been times over the last year or so when she has allowed that façade to fade, and has shared the pain that sometimes threatens to obliterate her calm with its absoluteness. The finality of their great love affair makes Rick and I that much more grateful for the love we have found in each other, but also in the love we have found in building and growing our family. Everyone is not so lucky anymore.


Taking my time following Maggie's orders, I head up the stairs as directed, laughing at Hershel blowing raspberry kisses at me. Entering the bedroom where Maggie is, my attention is instantly drawn to the gold colored lace dress laid on the center of the bed, a pair of gold jeweled flats accompanying it.


"Wow, Maggie! You were right, this dress is beautiful. Where did you find it?" Transferring Hershel over to one hip, I reach down and run my fingers over the delicate lace of the dress. It's a long, with what appears to be a nude colored sheath as the base. Sleeveless, with a deep v neckline, it's overlaid in gold lace, and cinched in the middle with a jeweled belt.


"I found it in one of the closets at Barrington House. Maybe they used it as a costume or something." She wonders aloud, then continues. "But when I saw it I immediately thought of you."


"Why me? It's been so long since I have worn anything like this. That's a long forgotten life, Maggie." I laugh, still taken with the beauty of the dress, and the distant memory of a time too far behind me to clearly recall.


"Because, I think it would look good on you, and that Rick would like to see you in it." She quickly offers, picking the dress up and holding out her hand to offer it to me. "Tonight."


"Wait. First, I don't think with all the weight I'm still carrying from the boys I could fit this little dress, and second why tonight? I would be the only person dressed up like a queen, while everyone else is wearing jeans. Thanks, Maggie, but that would be silly." I politely dismiss her request, taking a seat on the bed, turning my attention to Hershel.


"It's a celebration, Michonne. Everyone is dressing up as much as they can. I am. I have a dress for myself as well. So, don't be stubborn, at least try it on."


Sighing, I raise my eyes back towards her, looking from her to the proffered dress, and honestly curious about how I would look in it, I give in. "I'll try it on, but that's it." I relent, secretly excited by the thought of it.


Placing Hershel on the floor, and handing him a few toys that were on the bed, I take the dress from Maggie, and head to the bathroom. Hanging it on the back of the door, and quickly removing my t-shirt, bra, boots, and jeans, I take a moment to peruse my body, the changes it has undergone, the scars and wounds it has survived. Eyes hover over the gunshot wound to my thigh from where Merle shot me. A scar under my left eye from my fight on the balcony with one of Jadis' people.


My body endured so many damaging blows, but it has also experienced the labors of love and and truly adoring affection. There are the thin striated lines, stretch marks, across my hips from where they expanded, swelling each day to accommodate my sons. The faint dark line that still runs down the middle of my stomach, remaining evidence of my pregnancies. The full ripeness of my breasts, now much larger than ever, abounding over the modest cup of my hands. And the blackberry peaks, now extended more than before from the daily life giving feedings for my boys. My body tells a story, of a woman who was once a pampered downtown lawyer, with a glass walled corner office, once a mother, still a mother, always a mother, now a warrior.


But there is something about this dress, I realize, gently removing it from the hanger, and pulling it up over my frame. Staring at myself in the mirror I am awestruck, there are no words. My image is transformative, taking my mind back to a time when this was me. I would spend thousands of dollars on manicures, pedicures, waxes, massages, hair appointments, dresses like this one. In this world there are few traces of that life, that woman left. On most days she is gone. At this moment, her wide dark eyes stare back into my own in recognition that we are one in the same, she is still there. Hidden underneath the pain, the suffering, the killing, the blood, the walker guts, the tank tops, and tight pants, is that woman, daring herself to emerge.


Knocking at the door, Maggie slowly opens it, peeking her head in. A wide grin covers her face, eyes lighting with recognition that she sees that woman too. "Oh my god, Michonne. You've always been beautiful, you just are, but that dress is amazing on you. Rick is going to die!" She exclaims, pushing fully into the restroom, carrying Hershel. Standing beside me, looking into the mirror at me, she begins to cry, tears falling from her eyes in fat swollen clumps. "I'm sorry. I just… You deserve this, we all do. This happiness, this future." She says, nodding her head at me.


I don't quite understand the full extent of the meaning in her words, her reaction, but in some ways I get a part of it. We do deserve nice things, happiness, to feel like ourselves again. We have all had to become so tough, that we have sacrificed so much of our humanity, our softness in the name of survival. And this dress, well, it does look good on me, fantastic even. Snugly hugging the curves of my body, the rich gold color is dazzling against my dark skin, parting my supple breasts with the plunging v of the bodice, drawing the eye to my still relatively small waist, and the adorned belt pulling it all together.


Draped in a red strapless sheath dress that stops at her knees, Maggie makes a striking picture of her own. The contrast of the dark red dress against her pale skin, and her dark hair, is a glamorous slightly vampish one, and not one I'm accustomed to seeing on Maggie. But, I can see it in her. She may have been a farmer's daughter, but there was a young vixen there too. A twenty something woman, exploring the world outside of her father's watchful eye. All of that comes across, though it's still cloaked somewhat in the demure leader, the strong fighter, and the grieving widow she has become.


"You're right, we do, we all do. Thank you, Maggie. I am going to wear this dress. But I don't want Rick to die. Maybe just pass out for a few minutes!" I laugh, fingers over my lips, smirking at the thought of his response to seeing me like this. Turning to hug her and Hershel I can feel some of my old self coming out. "What about our hair, and makeup? My god, Maggie, this feels so weird!"


"I do have some makeup, it's just lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara, but I think it will work. It's old, but it's still in good enough condition. Oh! And let me put your hair up like Bertie did that one time. Very elegant, you know, to go with the dress." In a flurry of movement, she rushes from the bathroom. Bouncing in her arms, Hershel begins to laugh, feeding on the jubilant mood emanating from his mother.


Once we are both dressed, hair styled, and makeup applied, with lips colored a deep scarlet red, we head towards the front door. The day now headed towards dusk, I realize that I became so wrapped up in the excitement around getting dressed up, that I nearly forgot that I hadn't touched base with Rick and the kids since the fair. Stopping at the door, I turn to Maggie. "I need to head home before I go to dinner. To make sure they are ok. You and Hershel go ahead; I will see you there."


Reaching around me to open the door, seemingly ignoring my statement, Maggie steps out and turns back to me. "Looks like your son is here to escort you to dinner anyway." With a big smile she moves away from the doorway so that I can see out. Standing at the bottom of the steps stands Carl, in a pair of jeans and a white button up shirt. Hair cut, he looks so much like his father that my breath catches in my throat.


Holding his hand out to me, to help me down the stairs, my son's face holds a big grin of his own. "You look beautiful, Mom." Glancing over to Maggie, a look of bewilderment and surprise is all over my face. Recognizing it, Maggie ushers me towards Carl with a sweep of her hands. Deciding to play along, I descend the steps and take hold of Carl's offered hand with my own, which he promptly places around his arm.


Checking my son out, fresh haircut and all, his dapper appearance has caught me off guard. "Carl! You look so handsome, and grown up. When did you have time to get a haircut? Where is your father?" I incredulously ask, questions falling from my lips in quick succession.


"I'm taking you to him. This way, Mom." Carl answers on a smile, dazzling me again with his handsome likeness to his father.


Leading me towards the center of town, where the community dinner is to be held, I begin to take notice that there are lanterns placed on the ground, lining a path ahead of us, from the street into the clearing near the gazebo. This is a nice touch, not something I thought of, and immediately I assume this must have been something Maggie came up with. Turning my head back towards the house looking for her, I see her and Hershel following close behind Carl and I in our brief procession.


"Carl, what's going on? Did your dad have any problem with the kids?" I continue with the curious line of questioning as something just seems off. No one is milling about on the streets like they were earlier as the main festivities were going. There is no longer the sound of children playing, and the quiet stillness has me somewhat unnerved, despite the beautiful tranquility of the candlelit serenity.


"Mom, just relax, you will see him and the kids in just a sec." Carl reassures me, patting my hand on his arm.


Now following the lit path onto the clearing, there are mason jars with candles inside strung above, hanging from tree branches, illuminating the area in combination with the glow of the sun's dusky retreat. A glance around the clearing, approaching the gazebo, all of the attendants from today's earlier festivities are present, dressed in their finest clothes, separated on both sides of the steps, making a path. Halting, beginning to make sense of what this is, my eyes are everywhere. I find Maggie and Hershel, close behind me, tears glowing on her face again. In the crowd I pick out various faces I recognize, friends and family.


My breathing deepens, pulse quickening, as the sound of the grass crunching under my slippered feet thunders in my ears, and is slowly overtaken by the gasp in my throat when I see him. At the end of the path is a sight my teary eyes never thought I would see, ever. It's like I'm in a dream. Friends and family have now fallen away, erased from the periphery, and all that exists is Rick. At the bottom of the steps of the gazebo, is the man I love. Clean shaven, hair cut in a neat short trim, curls tapered on the back and sides, he cuts a striking figure. Clad in a dark suit, with a crisp white shirt open at the collar, a tinge of chest hair peeking out, proudly poised and nervously rubbing his hand over his jaw, he is the most handsome man I have ever seen. With the sun descending, creating a colorful tapestry of reds, pinks and oranges, bursting across the sky behind him, I'm not certain that I'm not hallucinating. It's all so ethereal, only his touch, the feel of his rough hands grabbing a tight hold of my own as Carl delivers me to him, is able to bring me back from the mirage I surely imagined.


Urging Carl to release me to him, the smell and feel of him is all I need to realize that not only is this a dream, but that this dream is real. Gazing into my eyes, I'm trapped by the hypnotic sapphire blues searching my own dark watery eyes.


"Baby, you look so beautiful. I knew you would. Like the most exquisite dream." Taking a firm hold of my face with both hands, he kisses me with a hard press of his soft lips.


"Uh, Rick, we're not at that part yet!" Father Gabriel exclaims, standing above us, inside the gazebo. Chuckles erupt from the surrounding crowd. Pulling away from Rick's lips at the sound, I look around, once again taking notice of the encompassing sights. Behind Rick stand Daryl and Morgan, dressed in jeans and button down shirts, much the same as Carl, each holding one of the twins. To my left are Maggie, Rosita, and Judith, who is holding a bouquet of wildflowers held together by a ribbon tied into a wide bow.


Sheepishly, Rick turns his piercing gaze full of love, to Father Gabriel as though he is also just now realizing that we are not alone.


Not wanting to fully break the spell of this moment I whisper to him, "You did this?"


"For you. For us." He replies, his southern accent dripping with emotion.


"Here, Mama. Hold these." Judith says, sidling up next to me, hand outstretched, offering the bouquet of flowers to me.


"Thank you, princess. You look so pretty!" I choke out, emotion straining my own voice. My baby girl looks like a fairy princess in a white party dress that billows out in a bell shape, covering her legs down to her tiny feet.


"You look like the queen in my books, Mama!" Judith says, her wide eyes replete with whimsy and excitement as she runs her little hands over the skirt of my dress.


"Shall we get started?" Father Gabriel asks, again drawing our attention to him, standing alone in the gazebo, awaiting our ascension to join him I presume.


Left arm tight around my waist, right hand holding my own right hand to his heart, Rick leads us up the stairs to the center of the gazebo. Strung above, crisscrossing over the ceiling of the gazebo, are small white lights. The darkness of the impending night creates a canvas for them to twinkle like a cluster of luminescent stars. Turning to face me, but not releasing his hold on my waist or my hand, his bottom lip trapped between his teeth, Rick gestures with a sideways tilt of his head, for Father Gabriel to begin.


"I know that in these trying times many of us struggle with faith, with belief in a power greater than ourselves. But, when I think of everything these two have endured on their journey together, how can I not believe in the greatest power of them all. The power of love. To love and to be loved is truly the most enduring gift we have. Whether you believe it's God's love, or the love of others, both its redemptive and rejuvenating power has brought us here today, celebrating the strength of its bond, evident in the devotion between these two people. Two people who found love in the decaying remnants of death, and through that love have formed and continue to grow a family." Looking out among the crowd, then back to Rick and I, Father Gabriel nods towards Rick and continues. "Rick, I know you have a few words you want to say to Michonne."


Throughout Father Gabriel's speech Rick's eyes have never left my own, the warmth of his body, the touch of his hands, all remain a constant. As Gabriel prompts him to speak he pulls me even closer to him, crushing my body to his, lowering his forehead to my own. My senses are overrun with him, the clean smell of his skin and breath, the tight firmness of his chest against mine.


In a voice meant just for me, but loud enough for everyone to hear, Rick procceds. "Michonne, I have never been religious, but you alone make me a believer in everything, in the possibility of anything. At the lowest point in my life, you showed up like an angel, and saved me. You gave me life, hope. You brought such warmth back into my heart, my soul. You gave me your love, a family, these are the most precious things I have. A man like me doesn't deserve any of that, but I will never let you go, I'm too greedy to ever be without my piece of heaven, my Michonne. In return, my promise to you is simple. I am not a perfect man, but my love for you is. I will love and protect you, our family, this bond between us, for the rest of my days. Everything I am is because of you, and I give back to you all of the very best parts of me. Our love is everything to me, you are everything to me. Never doubt that, my dedication to this, to us. Or your place in my heart." Stopping to gather himself, tears rolling down the slope of his nose, his reddened cheeks. Rick finally breaks eye contact, moving his gaze over to Judith, then behind him to Carl and the boys. "I wanted us to get married at dusk, when the sun is setting, because that's what this is, our marriage. It's the end of a long day, of another life. And the beginning of something new, exciting, unknown. With you by my side, the greatest love story of my life is just beginning." Concluding his vows he turns to Carl, who hands him two rings. "I know that rings, jewelry, don't have the same value anymore. I get that. But I wanted you to have a constant reminder of my love for you, that my heart is forever yours." He states, taking my left hand, and placing the ring on my finger. Under the glow of the candles and white lights, the emeralds give off a dazzling brilliance, and the diamonds on the band appear like a lavish bejeweled halo.


Admiring the ring, emotions caught in the cocoon of love this man has spun around us with his words, his embrace, at first I can do nothing but kiss him. Once again clutched in his embrace, I'm peppering him with delicate pecks over his cheeks, lips, chin, nose, eyes. I can't stop myself. Holding me tight, he doesn't protest, just soaks up my adoration of him. We are in our own world again, until Carl rushes up the stairs. Raising his hand, he pats his father on the back, breaking the spell Rick's vows have cast over us. Pulling his lips away from mine, he runs his hand over his face, attempting to control the flush of lust we both experience from my kisses.


"Sorry," I apologize, looking around the crowd, all of a sudden feeling bashful at the stares of everyone in attendance, witnessing such a personal moment between Rick and I.


"No need to apologize. Would you like to say something to Rick now, Michonne?" Gabriel asks, gesturing his hand for me to speak.


Clearing my throat, I raise my eyes to Rick's, marveling at the rosy blossom of love covering the handsome man in front of me. "Yes. Um, sorry, I don't have anything prepared. I didn't know any of this was happening. I had no clue today was my wedding day." I chuckle, dropping my eyes momentarily, searching for the right words, mentally thumbing through my emotions to gift this man with every unspoken sentiment of love I'm experiencing in this moment. "How fitting that we get married at dusk, on such a beautiful fall day. Where some will see darkness in the setting of the sun, the death of summer's vibrance, just like you, I see the end of a solitary journey, and the beginning of the most beautiful adventure. Neither of us are perfect, Rick, but, you are perfect for me. How could I not love and adore a man who selflessly puts everyone else's needs before his own. Who would fight to the death, every day, with every breath in his body, to protect the people he loves. Who makes me feel like the most desired and loved woman in the world. Together our love is perfect, Rick. Because of that, my promise to you is simple. I will always love and protect you, our family, in this life and the next. My heart and devotion will always belong to you, because my soul recognizes yours as its mate, as the love of my life."


Rick leans down, and with the lightest flick of his soft lips over mine, he whispers, "Thank you."


"Can I put the ring on your finger?" I ask shyly, grasping the gold band from his palm.


"Of course." I take hold of his large left hand, smoothing my own fingers over his long ones. First placing a kiss to the knuckle of his ring finger, I slide the metal band down. Our eyes meet again, drawn to each other, faces adorned with with wide matching smiles.


"I wish the both of you nothing but continued love and abundance. I pray that your devotion and care for each other, for your family, will protect and sustain you for all of your days. I now pronounce you husband and wife. Ok, Rick, now, you may kiss the bride!" Gabriel exclaims.


Releasing the clutch of our hands, he places one of his behind my neck, the other around my waist. Pulling me closer, he devours me with his kiss. Catching me by surprise, locking his lips around my own, his tongue thrusts into my mouth. Throwing my arms around his shoulders, pressing my needy body closer to his heat, lust is building in me from the passionate caress of his warm hands down over my shoulders and back. Across the curves of my waist and hips, settling with a tight cupping of my bottom. Unabashedly grasping a handful, the crowd around us whoops and hollers at the overt affection.


"Mr. and Mrs. Grimes, ladies and gentlemen!" Maggie yells over the crowd, clapping in celebration.


"Dad, Mom! This is so embarrassing!" I hear Carl murmur below us. "Can you guys come up for air now, please?"


After our vows to each other, Rick and I are led to the middle of the clearing, where the crowd surrounds us. Joining us off to the side of the circle, Aaron begins to speak in a loud voice, easily heard over the excited chatter of the crowd. "This is a big occasion for us, all of us. Michonne and Rick's marriage is not just a symbol of their commitment to each other, a symbol of their love, but also a symbol of hope for a future for all of us. So, I want to dedicate a song to them as a gift. It's an old one, but I think it's appropriate for these two. And excuse me, I haven't sung in years, so I might be a bit rusty!" He smiles over to us, and from deep in his diaphragm, the most beautiful tenor lilts through the air. Words to a song that I haven't heard since I was a young girl, riding in the car with my mother. The romantic song rises from Aaron's lips to cover Rick and I as we begin a slow synchronized sway.


"Love has, truly, been good to me,


Not even one sad day


Or minute have I had since you've come my way.


I hope you know, I'd gladly go


Anywhere you take me.


It's so amazing to be loved,


I'd follow you to the moon and the sky above."


Once again, tears cloud my eyes, cover my face. Holding tightly to my husband, rhythmically rocking side to side in his arms, the joy in my heart is near bursting, almost more than I can stand. Wanting to share some of what I'm feeling, the magic of this moment, I wave my hands to invite others to join us, to find a partner and experience the perfection of the words and their meaning. Daryl offers his hand to Rosita, who enraptured by the enchantment of the moment doesn't even hesitate to accept. Morgan is with Judith, allowing her to dance with her feet on top of his own. Carl shyly and unexpectedly asks Cyndie from Oceanside to dance, peaking my interest about what might be developing there. As more folks join the fray, the field is scattered with hopeful survivors, bewitched by the heartfelt tenderness of the occasion.


"I've got to, tell you, how you thrill me


I'm happy as I can be


You have come, and it's changed my whole world


Bye bye sadness, hello mellow


What a wonderful day.


It's so amazing to be loved,


I'd follow you to the moon and the sky above."


"You are breathtaking in this dress, baby. I can't keep my hands off you." Rick proclaims, his voice husky with his admission, his greedy hands roving all over my body in appreciation.


"You're not so bad yourself. You clean up very nicely, Mr. Grimes. Though I kinda miss the beard, you're easily the most handsome man I've ever seen. How did I get so lucky?"


"I'm the lucky one, Mrs. Grimes. There isn't a woman who could ever be more beautiful to me than you are. And, I have another surprise for you tonight."


"I don't know if my heart can take another one, Rick. It's crazy that you pulled this off, right under my nose no less. But I'm grateful, thank you. Everything is so wonderful."


"Tonight, we're going to take a few days, and head to Oceanside."


"Rick, we can't-"


"We can. We are. Maggie is going to stay with the kids, and Daryl and Rosita are going to help her. You have pumped enough milk to last more than two days. I need you, and I get you, alone, to have my way with you for two whole days, no interruptions." He replies, a naughty glimmer in his eyes, as he bites down on his bottom lip.


A shiver runs the length of my body from his wanton admission of need, from the sight of his succulent lip between his teeth. But the mother in me still launches a small protest. "But, Rick, the boys are so little still. I haven't been away from them more than a few hours."


Leaning down to suck on my neck with his firm sweet lips, he lets out a low growl, "I need you, Michonne. And, I think they'll survive, and so will you. Matter of fact, we need to leave now." Standing up straight, he grabs my hand and turns to leave, heading over towards Daryl and Rosita.




Perusing the expanse of the small cabin, moonlight filtering through the windows, the magic of this day continues. After some teary goodbyes, filled with kisses and long hugs to the kids, and plenty of instructions for Maggie, Rosita, and Daryl, Rick managed to pull me away to the car for our departure. Only an hour drive away, the quiet community gifted us with the use of one of the nicest cabins, right on the beach.


Closing the door and dropping our bags on the floor, Rick comes up behind me, promptly easing the zipper of my dress down my back. "I can't wait another minute to get you out of this dress, Chonne." Shifting the straps down over my shoulders and arms, he pushes the dress the rest of the way to the floor, pooling at my feet. Realizing that I am not wearing a bra or underwear, Rick squeezes my ass in his strong hands, gathering a handful of each cheek. "You naughty girl. You haven't had on any panties all night? Hm? And you didn't tell me?" He asks, tilting his head to the side, making eye contact with me.


"Nope. I couldn't wear them with the dress. And I didn't tell you because I know you wouldn't behave if I did." I smirk at him, peeking at his wolfish grin from the side of my eyes.


"You're damn right I wouldn't. Shit." Placing his lips on my shoulders, he begins a slow descent across my back, stopping at my ass. Squeezing and separating the cheeks, he gives each a teasing bite, and smack. "Fuck!"


Turned on by his lascivious attentions, I turn around. Standing to greet me, Rick reaches for me, but I move away just in time, escaping his grasp. "Deputy, I need you stand over by the bed."


Catching on to the game, a light of recognition illuminating his electric blue eyes, he casually strolls over to the bed. Removing his suit jacket, and throwing it onto a nearby chair, he begins to unbutton his shirt. "Let me do that." I request, approaching him and knocking his hands away.


"Yes, Counselor." He acquiesces, dropping his hands to my waist resting them on his belt.


Opening his now unbuttoned shirt, I gently run my hands over the light dusting of hair that covers his firm chest, and tight abdomen, leading down into his pants. Shrugging the shirt off his shoulders on to the floor, I move my hands to his belt, undoing the buckle, and unzipping his pants. Never breaking eye contact with him, I place my hands inside of his pants and underwear, finding his warm cock hard as a rock, straining against the material.


"Fuck. Grab me harder, Chonne. Shit! Did you miss me, hm?" He asks, lust dropping the tenor of his voice into a deep gravelly bass.


"Yes. I can't wait to taste you again. For your cock to fill me up. For you to fuck me." I murmur against his chest, doing as he asked and applying a tighter grasp to his dick, while placing wet kisses between his pecs, then over his nipples. Pushing his pants and underwear over his lean hips, and down his long bowed legs, I momentarily stop to fully lean over and place a reverent kiss at the head of his erect cock.


"Jesus, Michonne. Gotdamn!" Reaching for me, releasing a labored breath, I knock his hand away again, and shake my head.


"You can't touch, Deputy. Not yet." I tease, slowly descending to my knees before him. Wetting my lips, I pepper his cock and thighs with sloppy kisses, enjoying the musky masculine scent of him. Nuzzling my face in his pubic hair, I inhale him, becoming lost in the moment. "Rick, baby…"


"Don't tease me, Chonne." Reaching for his cock with one hand, and my face with the other, he runs it over my hungry wet lips. Enjoying the taunting taste of him, I open my mouth wide, and fully devour the length and girth of him. "My god! Oooooohh, shiiiiit!"


Moaning at the sound of him, delighting in his pleasure, my own excitement is steadily building. Feeling myself grow wetter with each pull of my mouth's suction of his cock, I can barely withstand the tension, and neither can he. Still holding gingerly to the side of my face, he slowly pulls his cock from my mouth, a wet strand of saliva still connecting my lips to the head. "I'm not going to last long if you keep that up, it's been too long."


Wiping his fingers across my swollen lips, I suck his thumb into my mouth, mimicking the same laving motion I administered to his thick cock. "Shit! Come here, Chonne." Sitting down on the edge of the bed, Rick pulls me up, and turns me around, facing away from him. "Bend over, I want to taste you." He commands, pushing gently to the middle of my back, encouraging me to lean over and touch my toes. Pushing his face into the crease where my ass and my pussy meet, he begins to savagely devour me. Wasting no time, his hands tightly gripping my hips, he uses his nose and lips to send me teetering, dancing on the edge of an orgasm. Long swipes of his tongue, dripping with my essence, taste me from my clit and up to my tightest hole, where he lingers, pushing his tongue against the resistance. Knees shaking from the wanton deliciousness of it all, head bobbing listlessly, I'm becoming light headed, which is only increasing the intense orgasm that is attempting to light my body on fire.


"Rick, Rick…" I chant on short gasping breaths, unable to form any other words.


"Mmmmmm. You taste amazing, Chonne, but I need to fuck you, baby. Are you ready for me?"


"Yes! Please!" I scream, unable to restrain the sense of relief from the reprieve of him fucking me with his mouth. My body is wound so tight I don't think I would have been able to withstand the strength of my impending orgasm just yet.


Removing his face from the apex of my sex, he leans back. "Sit." He commands, directing me to remain turned away from him, but to straddle his lap, my legs thrown over the outside of his muscular thighs. Eased back against him, his cock long and erect, nestled in the folds of my womanhood, I'm wide open, ready for him to continue his pleasurable exploration. With my right arm I reach back to grab his head, bringing him to me, briefly missing his feathery curls. Grinding my ass on him, passionately enticing him, I open my mouth to welcome the sweet invasion of his thrusting tongue.


His right hand is vigorously squeezing and caressing my large breasts, and his left has moved to my clitoris. Stroking in rapid swipes, his fingers become immersed in my damp folds, eliciting a keening groan from deep within me. No longer able to endure not being filled by him, I move his hand lower, pushing his fingers to enter me. At the sensation of his eager and domineering fingers grazing the depths of my tight pussy, I can no longer focus on his kiss, and instead lose myself in the nearly domineering pleasure. Grinding down on his hand, I need more.


Withdrawing his fingers from inside of me, Rick lightly slaps the insides of my thighs. "Wider." He demands, then lifts me by the waist from his lap, proceeding to impale me on his enlarged cock.


"Dear god!" I murmur, satisfied with the immediate snug fullness of him, his tip nudging the very bottom of my canal.


My appetite for him now easily matching his for me, I twirl my hips in a slow hypnotizing circle, allowing his thick girth to open me up further, to relax the tightness of my gloved fit over him. Head thrown back, resting on his shoulder, his hands on my waist begin to control the up and down of my body, guiding the friction of the impatient push and pull. Biting, licking, sucking at my lips, jaw, and neck, Rick is thrusting hard from beneath me, meeting my grinding bounce, with the bucking lunge of his hips.


"Your pussy feels so good, Chonne. So tight." He utters, vanishing into the blissful thrill or our sensually writhing bodies. Both of us damp with the dewy flush of sweat his pounding and my grinding provokes, a wet sounding smack echoes throughout the room at the joining of our flesh.


"I missed you so much, baby. I'm about to cum. Can I cum in your pussy, Chonne? Hm? Can I bathe that pussy in my cum? Say yes." He breathes out on a quick succession of pants.


His sexy, provocative words send my own orgasm quickly charging through my limbs, freezing my body in ecstasy. All I can do is nod yes, craving the sticky sensation of his cum inside my depths.


Wrapping both arms around me, holding me tightly to him, our bodies embroiled in a thrashing, thrusting, embrace, he stiffens beneath me with on final push. Groaning at the wanton rush of his climax, his hold is nearly crushing me as I grind and swivel, eager to take every drop from him.


"Fuuuuucccckkkkk…" is all I hear from him, as his vise like grip of my body lessens, and his head falls forward propped against my back, the sweat from his brow mingling with my own covering my back.


Now relaxed, his grip massaging my hips, we're both coming to, regaining some semblance of coherence.


"That was amazing, Chonne. I missed being with you, so much." He wearily admits, struggling to form his words through the lazy haze his climax has blanketed him in.


"I know. I missed you too, Rick. But, you need to try pulling out more often now if we don't want more kids just yet. At least for awhile, ok?"


"I'll try. But, that's a hard promise to keep, you just feel so good. Would another baby be so bad?"


Giving it some thought, I take my time in answering him. "It wouldn't be so bad, but maybe we should pace ourselves with the babies. Carl, Judith, the twins, it's a lot to juggle already. Ok?"


"Hm."


"Rick…"


"We'll see." Laying back, he closes his eyes with the non-committal response. Turning to face him, I lay my body on top of his, crushing by breasts to his chest.


"Rick, will you try at least until we figure the baby situation out? I'm not getting any younger, and neither are you. Let's just think about this." I plead, my ear pressed to his chest, lulled by the predictable thump of his heart beating.


"You make me feel younger, and I like making babies with you. I want as many as you will give me. I like knowing that parts of us will live in on into the future. Seeing our features meshed together on the faces of new little people. Your personality, smarts, living on through our kids and grandkids." Caressing his hand up and down my back, the pads of his fingers leaving behind a tingle in my spine. "This beautiful skin, those lips, my god those lips, Chonne. Let's have more eventually, ok?" He chuckles. "But, in the meantime, I will try." Rubbing his fingers through my hair with his other hand, I'm secretly blushing and delighting in his admission, his adoringly sweet words.


"Maybe, Mr. Grimes. I'll think about more babies." I relent, sensing my tired body drifting off to sleep.


"Say yes, Mrs. Grimes."












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.