Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy! I'll swing back around to edit later. Hopefully there arent too many mistakes. :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


ETHAN

 

I woke up in my usual spot on the floor outside of Mia's room and shifted to my human form. I had given up and decided to keep a change of clothes and my cell phone near by in the hallway for easy access in the mornings. I changed clothes and started down the hall but I was  extremely agitated and for some reason my wolf was urging me to turn around and open her bedroom door. I had given up on ignoring my basic instincts so I went ahead and followed his lead. When I opened the door I immediately knew something wasn't right. Her bed was empty and her bathroom door was open and the light was out. I sniffed the air and realized that her scent was pretty faint which meant she had been gone for a few hours. I entered the room fully and it was then that I noticed her window was opened and the screen was kicked out. 

 

"Shawn wake up NOW!" I yelled through the mind link.

 

"What the hell is your problem?"

 

"It's Mia, I think she left last night. I'm in her room now and her scent is faint and the bedroom window is wide open. Her purse is missing." I said as I rushed out the front door and towards the garage. Even though Mia was a wolf now I knew that her main mode of transportation was still going to be a car.

 

"Maybe she just ran an errand and opened her window for fresh air." Shawn said.

 

"I know for a fact that's not what happened." I said not wanting to get into it any further. I still didn't want anyone to know that I slept outside her door at night. "Meet me at the garage."

 

I ran to the garage and tried to pick up Mia's scent. It was faint in here as well. I immediately noticed one of the Jeeps was missing and figured it was used as her escape vehicle. I picked up my cell phone and called Beth.

 

"You better have a good reason for calling so early." She said sleepily.

 

"Mia is missing." I said. I could feel panic rising and it was an unfamiliar feeling, one that I did not like.

 

"What? What do you mean missing?" She said. Ethan could hear Ian in the background asking her what was wrong.

 

"I woke up this morning and went to her room. Her bedroom window was opened she was gone and one of the Jeeps is missing from the garage. Call her and find out where she is." I demanded.

 

Beth hesitated, "I promised her I wouldn't interfere in her life anymore. You're going to have to find her on your own, brother. The most I will do is call to check on her to make sure she is ok. Because of your actions our friendship was almost ruined once. I wont let it happen again."

 

"Beth..."

 

"No Ethan."

 

Before I could say anything else I realized she hung up on me. It was at that moment Shawn finally walked into the garage.

 

"Took you long enough." I said.

 

"I tried calling Mia. She answered, but refused to tell me where she was." He said.

 

I was furious, I had just spoken with her yesterday about trying to work out our issues and she wanted to pull this crap. She was not going to get away that easily.

 

"Get us plane tickets right now to L.A." I said storming out of the garage and heading towards my room to pack a bag.

 

******

 

Four hours later Shawn and I arrived at LAX.  My wolf was on hyper drive and I was anxious. It was like I could feel him pacing around in my mind begging to be released so he could search the whole city for her scent. I managed to control myself as we checked in to get our rental car and head to a hotel.

 

Once in the car I called Alpha Luis Plata, part of his territory was in the city and I wanted to let him know that myself, Shawn, and my mate were going to be wandering around. I had known him for years and knew he wouldn't mind. Out of all the Alphas around, I was closest to him.

 

"I'm sorry you did what?" Alex asked as I relayed the story of my mate to him.

 

"I bit her and forced the change but it was purely on accident."

 

After a moment I heard laughter on the other end of the phone, "Moon Goddess gave you a human mate? And a strong willed one too!" I was irritated that so many were finding joy in my situation. "Is there anything I can do to assist you guys."

 

"Maybe, I think her building is heavily secured since it is full of celebrities. Any ideas on how we can get in. Do you have any connections on the police force that could help?"

 

"Let me make some calls and I'll get back to you. In the meantime please try not to destroy my territory while you are on your hunt."

 

We said our good byes just as Shawn and I pulled up at the hotel. I called my parents to check in on everything with the pack. With Shawn and I both gone Id asked them to look after things. I wasn't sure how long I was going to be gone and they were the next best suited ones to run things. And considering I was chasing after my mate they were more than willing to help out. After checking in and putting away our luggage we went down to the restaurant to eat. I was calm on the outside but on the inside I was going crazy.

 

This feeling I felt was something new, I never felt the level of fear and worry for another human being that I felt for Mia. I knew it was the bond working overtime but I couldn't just ignore the feeling.

 

"I think I am losing my mind." I said to Shawn as we were seated.

 

"You aren't, the bond is just working its magic on you." Shawn replied nonchalantly.

 

"I hate it." I grumbled.

 

"Most people are so excited for this time in their lives. I cant believe you are fighting this so much. Mia is a great girl you are missing out on a lot." He said, not looking at me browsing his menu.

 

I was starting to wonder if he was right. Maybe all this fighting wasn't worth it in the end.

 

*******

 

Two days later Luis finally came through with his contact to get us into Mia's condo building. Apparently there was a secret underground entrance that the celebrities used to exit when they were trying to avoid fans and it could also be used in emergency situations.

 

The officer, who was also a were, led us into the building and to Mia's door. I knocked a couple of time but didn't receive an answer. After glancing up and down the hall to make sure we were alone I motioned for Shawn to pick the lock so we could get in.

 

Once we entered the apartment my heart sank, her scent was barely detectable which meant either she didn't come here after she left the pack or she had come for a moment and moved on to somewhere else. A quick walk around her apartment confirmed my fears, in her bedroom there was a discarded outfit on the bed that I recognized from her last day at the pack. Her closet doors and dresser drawers were left opened and some clothes were scattered about. It looked like she packed in a hurry.

 

"Where do you think she could have gone?" I asked Shawn. I hated to look to him for guidance but he knew her better than I did.

 

"I am not sure. If she packed a bag then I am sure she is not even in Cali anymore, at least she is definitely not in L.A." He said looking worried. I frowned, now I had no clue what to do. I hadn't slept at all the past two nights and barely ate anything and was sure that was effecting my thinking at this point. My sister is the only person whom I thought would be able to help me but she had already expressed she wasn't about to help me with locating her.

 

I sighed, "Ok, its obvious she isn't here so lets to back to the hotel and regroup." I said to Shawn.

 

We were both quiet in the car both in our own worlds trying to think of what our next move would be. Shawn was trying to get ahold of Mia via text message but he wasn't having any luck. Just the fact that he was able to reach out to her in that way was pissing me off. I found myself gripping the steering wheel so tight that my knuckles were turning white.

 

"Maybe we can use social media to our advantage." I said.

 

"How so?"

 

"Well, if she is out and about someone had to have spotted her and tweeted, or Facebooked or Instagramed about it.  If we can get a location from a post then we can at lease find out what city she is in." 

 

"Hmm..That's a good idea." He said already picking his phone back up and tapping away at the screen. The rest of the ride was spent in silence but my mind was running a mile per minute.

 

"No luck." he stated as we pulled up to the hotel. He looked about as defeated as I felt.

 

"I guess we can call Luis back and see if there is a way to track her credit cards. Where ever she is she has to use money. Maybe she used one to purchase a plane ticket to her next destination." I said. At this point being able to track her credit cards was probably our only hope. So hopefully Luis would be able to help us. In the meantime I tried to prepare myself for more sleepless anxious nights.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.