Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys! We've reached the end of our story with Mia and Kale (for now) Thanks so much for reading their story! I have the second book completed and am working on book 2.5 as we speak. Check out my website gabriellatheauthor.com for all the latest news.

 

To leave a review or if you want to purchase Loving kale here's the link  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076DLCRW3




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


EPILOGUE

I held Kale's hand as we drove out to meet with his hale. “How many are in your hale?” I asked I wore a brave face but inside I was nervous. If Kale was the leader then that meant I would play an active role in his hale. I was worried that some wouldn't be happy he had matured with a human. I was also worried I would commit some Selkrian faux pas that would offend someone. “Well some are scattered throughout the state but there are about 100 living near the LaKai’s house. We own a very large community in this area and have been living here since we first came to earth”

“Wow that's more than I thought it would be.” I sighed as we pulled up to a high gate and Kale punched in a code that had the gates swinging open. “Don't worry” he squeezed my hand reassuringly “they will love you and I will be right by your side”  I smiled at him and looked out the window to take in my first look. The driveway we were on ended in a circular drive that was in front of a large house. The house was two stories and looked extravagant, made from red pine wood with granite accents.It had large windows big enough to allow for a lot of natural light to come in. The wraparound porch boasted several comfortable looking chairs and a few scattered tables. The house itself was surrounded by a well maintained lawn that had several flower patches here and there, and off to the side looked to be a fairly big garden. To the right side I could see another road leading to rows of houses which I assumed was where the other members of the hale lived.

I looked back at him impressed by the very scenic picture, I opened my mouth but then snapped it closed as I noticed the large crowd standing in front of the LaKai’s home. “Tell me you didn't assemble a welcoming committee!” I gasped. He had the audacity to laugh and I turned my head and speared him  with a look. He muffled his laugh and said “ I am sorry dear heart, but your friend suggested this would be better than meeting everyone one by one. She said it would be like ripping off a bandaid.” That traitor I spotted her at the front of the crowd a wide mischievous smile on her face. As we parked and got out of the car she came walking up to us and held her arms open wide “Mia!” I hugged her but hissed in her ear “Payback is a bitch on her period that is out of chocolate, be very afraid”

 

She laughed and leaning back pinched me on the cheek “ It just makes me so happy to see my bff living her best life!” she  pretended to wipe a tear “ I taught you so well!” I rolled my eyes and laughed along with her. Taking Kale’s hand with my bestie at my side I walked towards my future, smiling the whole way.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.