Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/foolishsmall.jpg


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


I've been watchin' you from afar,
for as long as I can remember
You are all a real man can need
and ever ask for
this is love
this is more than a crush

*

1997

Cherry gave Aiyana the silent treatment for awhile and then started being nonchalant when talking to her. She was still upset that she had to work at the nightclub and that Aiyana was living her dream. It was hard living with her when she acted like that. Aiyana decided to confront her about it and just nip it in the bud. "What's your damage, Cherry?"she asked her when Cherry walked into the bedroom they used to share and got her pillows so she could sleep on the couch.

"What do you mean?"Cherry asked innocently

"You know what I mean. Ever since I left the club you have been treating me differently"

"I'm not. I was upset. I'm over it now"

"So why are you still sleeping in the living room?"

"Your a big girl, you can sleep by yourself"Cherry said. The room was too small to fit another bed and neither of them could really afford one.

"Cherry, we are in this together. We came here together....we cant fall apart, not here....you're all I have...."Aiyana said honestly as she started to cry. Cherry softened and walked over to her and hugged her close. "I....need.....you...."

"I do too"Cherry said. "Maybe in more ways than one. I need you to always be around and when your not, I'm not happy. I don't know...I wish I could be a model too"

"Maybe I can-"

"Don't even think about it. I wish, but I don't want to be. That's your dream"

"What can I do to make it up to you? To make things right again?"Aiyana asked

"Nothing, you didn't do anything wrong"Cherry said with a sigh. "I just need more money so I can get out of there. It was fun back in DC but it's different here..."

"Cuz we didn't have to pay rent, all our money went to moving here...and clothes..."

"Oh and this"Cherry said as she ran out of the room. She came back in with her hand held mirror, a small baggie and a purse. "Powder"

"Is that coke!? Cherry!"Aiyana said with a gasp. She has tried weed and pills with her but not the really hard stuff.

"Its not that bad"Cherry said,"Try. I'm right here, don't worry"

"This is why your broke, Cher"

"I get mine for free so hush"Cherry said as she separated the pile into two lines on her mirror using a card

"Is that a library card? You have a library card!?"Aiyana asked with a laugh

"Man, this is my library card from Tubman...so you know I don't use it"Cherry said with a laugh. "Man, if we stayed, we would be graduating next year...do you think about it sometimes?"

"No"Aiyana said simply. "I'm happier being here"she said as she watched Cherry roll up a dollar bill and then did half a line,"How does it feel?"

"Amazing"Cherry said,"At least it will...your not gonna try?"she asked her.

Aiyana stared at the powder and then picked up the dollar bill and rolled it up like Cherry did. She snorted quickly and there was a rush that she never felt before. "Whoa"she said

The next morning, she struggled to get up but her alarm blared loudly. Cherry sighed and turned it off. "Do you have a shoot today?"she asked her

"Oh shit, I'm gonna be late"Aiyana said. "I'm so high....why wont it stop!?"she asked, starting to get paranoid

"Calm down"Cherry said as she helped her get ready and even went to the shoot with her. "I'm her assistant"she lied as she walked in with her. "Now don't think about it, just do your thing and don't be all stiff, you look like something's up your ass"she coached her

Luckily, Aiyana worked with this photographer before. "Wow, Aiyana, I like this new side of you! Keep it up!"he said excitedly as she tried another pose. "Oh! Don't move! Keep that! Yes! Yes!"he said as he snapped away. By the end of the shoot, the photographer was so excited that he had to force himself to stop. "Get changed huney, these prints will make you a star!"he said

Cherry smiled as she munched on the free food and watched all this happen. She was glad she came, she got a couple numbers from some of the cute models and crew members. It was a cute sausage fest here! A man approached her,"I heard that you are that model's assistant?"he asked her

"Yes I am. Cherry Stewart"she said as she shook his hand

"She is very promising. We are on the look out for models just like her. She has IT"he said as he gave her his card. "Have her agency call me ASAP"he said

"Oh we will"she said with a smile. She passed the news on to Aiyana and a few days later she landed a big deal with Maybelline Cosmetics. "Can you believe it!? I'm so proud of you! You gotta have that same it factor you had at the shoot!"

"I didn't have an it factor. I had coke!"Aiyana said. "What if I totally blow this? What am I gonna do?"

Cherry held up a baggie. "Stick with what you know. Just do it the night before. You'll be golden"she said and smiled

*

2009

Aiyana put her head in her hands and then looked at her ringing phone. It didn't stop and that was because her assistant was late today. "Oh thank god"she said as she picked it up. "Hey sweetie. Are you feeling any better?"she asked her assistant

"Um kinda, I'm at the doctor's now...."her assistant said. "The news isn't good..."

"Oh no, what did they say?"

"I'm pregnant"she said with a sigh. "I can not afford a baby right now and....the father and I don't get along right now. I am so nauseous"

Aiyana sighed. "Congratulations"she said, trying to be cheerful for her but wasn't sure if that's what she wanted

"Thanks I guess"she said with a sigh. "I would be in a better mood if I wasn't hurling every 5 minutes. I'm sorry. I know its busy-"

"I can handle it. I'm going to have to. Text me tonight and update me ok? Get better first"she advised, then hung up. "Fuck"she said as she looked at her phone. She had 3 calls that were on hold. She wanted to run from those green blinking lights. Her assistant was pregnant and she wasn't happy about it. She remembered when that's all she wanted, all she dreamed about...and it never happened....

2008

Aiyana gasped as she sat on the edge of their bathtub and stared at the stick. She continued to stare at it in disbelief and didn't even hear Nicholas walk in. "I'm home! Yana? Yana?"he called and then walked into the bathroom. "Hey, Ive been calling you. What-"he said and stopped. "Oh...babe.....what does it say?"he asked her as he noticed her staring at another pregnancy test.

"It....it says.....pregnant"she said as she showed it to him. She has taken many over the last year and nothing happened. She saw a plethora of negative signs, one line, two lines, blue spots, a sad face....the symbols go on. She never saw the actual word "pregnant" before. "Like.....it actually says.....pregnant"

Nicholas smiled and kissed her hard on the mouth. He really wanted a son. He wanted them to be a family. "We did it babe. We finally did it" It scared her just as much as him. Was there something wrong with him? Or was it her? Or was it not meant to be? Were they going to be that old couple in their 50's who get pregnant by accident?

Aiyana kissed him back as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Finally, we can redecorate the guest room. I'm having your baby, baby"she said with a laugh. "I'm going to set up a doctor's appointment-"

Nicholas picked her up and carried her into the bedroom,"Let's celebrate first"he said

2009

"Earth to Aiyana? Come back to us, Aiyana!?"a voice pulled her out of her flashback. She jumped and looked up and saw that it was Christopher. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you"he said. "Wow, your busy. Should I come back?"he asked her and then saw the look on her face. "Are you ok?"he asked her

Aiyana attempted to smile at him but could only purse her lips. "I....I totally paused"she said and then let out a little laugh

Christopher laughed. "Paused? I haven't heard that since '95"

"You mean you were alive back then?"Aiyana asked with a smirk. Christopher laughed. Aiyana always teased him about his age....his ability to hold his liquor...and any other random thing he said that deserved a comeback...and she always won.

"Ha ha"he said. "Well I was just checking on you...where is she?"he asked as he nodded to his assistant's empty desk

'She gets to have a baby and I don't', Aiyana wanted to say. "She's not feeling well"

"Damn, you're all alone?"he asked her

"Yeah"she said and glanced at her phone. "Oh lemme get these"she said to him and picked up her phone. He stood there for about a minute and then left. She worked hard for the rest of the day and 5 o'clock couldn't come fast enough. But it didn't matter. She still had a lot to do and she had to get this done by herself in case her assistant didn't come back tomorrow. She sighed,"Guess I'm going to pull an all nighter"she said to herself

At around 5:30 she saw someone move past her door and then laughed when Christopher walked in. "What are you still doing here?"she asked him with a laugh

"Overtime is my best friend"Christopher said. "I'm guessing it is in your case too?"

"Not today. Overtime sucks when your forced to do it"she said as she put her head in her hands

"You ok?"he asked her again. Something was wrong earlier but she didn't answer him then. He felt that he needed to ask again

"No, no I'm not to be honest but I gotta get this done"she said as she gestured to the piles of papers on her desk

"What's all this?"he asked her

"Applications. Its that time of year. In a month we will select a winner for a scholarship to a fashion school of their choice. Long process...."she said

"Wow, how do you pick these people?"he asked her

"Well this pile is the no pile"she said. It was higher than the others. "Most of these are no's because of grammatical errors or just weird essay question answers"she said

"Which leaves all of that"he said as he indicated the rest of the applications

"Yeah but its hard to pick just one"

"You gotta do that tonight?"

"No, we have a system where we pick our top 10 and then go down from there"she said as he picked up an application and read it over

"This one should be a no"he said as he sat down across from her and read it

"Why?"she asked him

"Its a huge sob story. Have you read it?"he asked her as he handed it to her.

She glanced at it. "Oh God. I haven't gotten to this one yet"she said as her stomach growled

"Uh oh"he said

She laughed,"All I had was a salad today"

"You want something? I can go out to that deli across the street for you"

"No, you don't have to. Maybe my growling belly will be inspiration for me to work faster"she said

"No, it will just make you look more tired than you already are"

"Damn, I look tired?"

"No, not like that. But you look tired, like you haven't slept..."he said and then shook his head. "Never mind, you look pretty ok?"he said to her

She blushed,"Thanks..."

"So what do you want from the deli?"he asked her again. She wrote down what she wanted and gave him money. "Naw-"

"Take it, if you have to get my food for me let me at least pay for it"

"Fine, but only because I owe you"he said and then left

Aiyana sat there in deep thought. Why did he keep saying that he owed her? What was he talking about? He has said it to her at least 3 times since she met him a few weeks ago. She looked through her emails and then stopped. She couldn't concentrate. Ever since her assistant's pregnancy news, she couldn't concentrate on anything else...

2008

"You are getting so big! And I mean that in the nicest way possible"her supervisor said to her as she looked at Aiyana's growing belly. "And you know what I realized? The week you come back from maternity leave is the week the application fees open up"

Aiyana laughed. "Damn it, if only I got pregnant sooner"she said with a laugh. "I wouldn't leave you hanging though. I'll have an extra set of hands too. I'll bring the baby as my little temp"

"You are absolutely glowing too, huney. Ive never seen you smile so much"

"Ive....Ive never been this happy"Aiyana said honestly

"Since your modeling days I'm sure"her supervisor said as her cell vibrated. "Oh"she said as she picked up,"Johnathan! You better have good news for me"she said as she walked back to her office

Aiyana sat down and rubbed her belly. It wasn't true at all. She was never this happy during her modeling days. She was too high or drunk or overworked to feel any kind of emotion at all. Yes, this was what made her feel like she had an actual purpose on this planet now. Wow, it only took her 28 years...

2009

"Yoo hoo"Christopher said with a laugh as he watched Aiyana rub her belly. "Wait no more, food is here"he said to her as he set the food down on a smaller table away from her applications and work. "Yo, Aiyana? Food!"he said to her, realizing she wasn't listening

"Oh ok"Aiyana said

"Did you totally pause again?"he asked, mocking her

"Yes"she said and stuck her tongue out at him. "Whoa, that's a lot of food"

"I got something for myself-"

"With my money?-"

"With my own money, chill, cheap skate"he said and winked. "I was gonna chill here and eat and help you out"

"You don't-"

"I know I don't have to. But I want to. I have nothing else to do"

"Thanks that makes me feel much better"she said sarcastically as they separated their food, then she gasped. "Is that Alize?"she asked as she saw a miniature bottle in one of the bags

"Yeah, figured it would help you work faster. It does for me"

"You drink on the job?"

"No! Well not at this one"he said with a wink

"Your an alcoholic"she said with a laugh,"You always drink when I see you"

"You saw me at a bar once!"

"I helped you out of a bar once!"she said with a laugh. He poured some Alize in his fruit punch. "Your crazy"

"Its really good. Try it"he said to her. She said no at first and then accepted it and took a sip,"Well?"

"Wow, tastes like Kool Aid"she said and they both laughed. "What the hell, pour me some"she said since she got a fruit punch as well. They talked and drank and ate and then she let him help her read some of the maybe's and yes's and some eventually went to the no pile. She started laughing as she read one application. "This one is funny. This person should be a comedian instead of a designer"she said as she read Christopher their essay answers. She laughed so hard that she almost spit out her drink.

"Whoa there, had enough there slugger?"

"I should ask you the same thing. Your eyes are all red"she glanced at the clock and gasped. "Its 7 o'clock"

"I know"

"You don't have to be somewhere?"

"No, why, do you?"

"No but I wasn't trying to stay here this late"she said as she threw her food away. "Thank you so much for staying Christopher. I wouldn't have gotten this much done without you here"

"My pleasure, hopefully Alexie will be here tomorrow"

"She wont"Aiyana said,"She's pregnant and she hasn't been feeling so good"

Christopher stared at her wide eyed. "Oh, you don't sound so happy about that"

"Shit, I wasn't even supposed to tell you. Pretend like you don't know when she does tell people ok? And I am happy for her...its just...."then she stopped

"What?"

"Its a long story. Ive said too much already"she said as she continued to clean. "Its a very long story"she said. They gathered their things and left the office. "Ugh. I think I'm tipsy and I don't want to walk to the metro"she said with a laugh. "This is all your fault"

"Taxi!"he said and one pulled over.

"Wait-"

"Get in or I'm leaving you"he said with a laugh. She laughed and got in next to him. "Your place first. Where do you live?"

"Connecticut and California St please"she said

"Oh Connecticut Ave huh?"he asked her,"That's where the rich folks stay"he said to her

"I guess, there's still a thing called rich hood rats"she said and they laughed. "Where do you live?"

"Georgia Ave...."he said with a laugh

"Oh I'm sorry"she said and laughed,"I'm kidding"

"No your right. Its the ghetto over there. Luckily, I live in a new apartment that's all gentrified and shit"

"Nice"she said and soon they arrived at her town house.

"Hey, your selling it?"he asked her as he saw a For Sale sign out front

"I cant afford it on my own"she said as she got her wallet out of her purse

"No go ahead, I got it"he said to her. "Don't even try to fight me, I owe you"

"Why do you keep saying that? You don't owe me a thing?"she asked with a laugh

He smiled at her. It was cute that she didn't remember. He wanted to tell her but didn't know how. "That's for me to know and you to figure out"

"Oh yeah? So your gonna play hard to get?"she asked.

"Ok here's a clue. You saved my life once. That's how I owe you"

She frowned as she got out of the cab,"I saved your life?"she asked as she stood outside of the car. "That's it? You mean at the bar?"

He closed the door and rolled the window down. "Oh no that was the second time, you saved my life twice"

Aiyana laughed and shook her head,"I don't....what do you mean?"

"Figure it out"he said and winked at her. "See you tomorrow beautiful"he said and the cab drove off.

Aiyana stood there stunned. What incident was he talking about? She met him a couple of weeks ago and nothing else stood out. However, ever since she met him she felt like that she had met him before. Obviously he remembered. But why couldn't he just tell her? She walked inside and relaxed for the rest of the night. She watched some tv and on a randomly tipsy whim, she decided to take a bath. She filled the tub with hot water and her favorite Sexy Little Things bubble bath from Victoria's Secret. She got in and turned on the shower radio and hummed along to Rihanna's newest song. She sat there and closed her eyes.

Then her doorbell rang. She was going to ignore it but it kept ringing. She got out and wrapped a towel around herself. She looked out of the peephole and laughed. She opened the door a crack. "I'm only in a towel. I was taking a bath"she said with a laugh

"You want me to wait out here?"Christopher asked her

"No, come in"she said as she opened the door a little wider. "Let me just slip something on real quick.."she said. He nodded. She closed the door and ran upstairs, wondering why he was here. She put on her terry cloth robe and put her curly hair in a knot on top of her head. She walked downstairs. "You need something?"

"Sorry, I couldn't leave you hanging"he said to her,"I had to come back"

"What are you talking about?"

"We met before.....at a party.....we danced together....."

"Oh really? What party?"she asked him

"I don't remember but we were dancing real close...."

"That must have been a long time ago because...Ive been married for the past 5 years..."

"You sure didn't act like you were married"he said with a smirk

"Are you fucking with me?"she asked with a laugh

"Oh! Someone is still tipsy"

"Are you high?"

"No but I'm drunk. I put a lot more Alize in my drink than yours...maybe we met at an art gallery...."

"I think you are making all this shit up"she said with a laugh

"Nice place"he said as he looked around. "Shame you gotta sell it"

"Yeah it is. I'm trying to find an apartment"

"Why don't you rent out one of the rooms?"

"I don't wanna live with a stranger"

"I'll move in"he said with a laugh

"You wish"she said with a laugh,"The extra bedroom is kinda small.....wanna see?"she asked him

"Sure"he said and he followed her upstairs and she turned on the light to the guest bedroom. "No this looks perfect"he said as he sat on the bed

"It's a twin bed"

"Yeah but its like any other bed. You can still get the job done"he said with a laugh

"You are silly"she said with a laugh. "Are you trying to drop a hint?"

"Oh your catching on"

"What? You don't like to be alone when your drunk? You didn't have enough cab money to get home so you came back here?"

"No"he said as he stood up and walked up to her. "You smell nice"he said

"Yeah I was taking a bath until you interrupted me...."

"Well you smell clean enough"he said as he leaned forward and inhaled,"Real clean"

Aiyana didn't know why, but the room suddenly got hot and her heart was beating really fast. She inhaled deeply as she felt his breath on her neck. Goosebumps traveled quickly up her arms and legs. "Um..."

Then he pulled her closer to him,"We didn't meet before...but I felt like we did. And I find you very attractive.....and unfortunately, I can only say this because none of this feels real right now"

"Your that drunk huh?"she asked nervously. His hands were on her waist. She couldn't help but look into his blue eyes, watched intently as he licked his lips.

"That's what I wanted to tell you. That's why I'm here. That's what I wanted to say"he said. "I didn't mean to interrupt your bath"he said as he backed away from her

"No....you can stay if you want...."she said, not really knowing why

"Can I stay here?"he asked her. She nodded. "You wanna stay with me?"he asked as he took her little hand in his. She nodded. But she wanted to shout,"WHAT ARE WE DOING!?" He pulled her close to him again. "You smell really good. I cant get over it"

"Its called Sexy Little Thing"

"Perfect"he said as he inhaled and held her close in a hug....then he kissed up her neck. She instantly got wet. She instantly realized that it has been a long time since she has been this close to a man. Nicholas refused to touch her for so long.....

"Your drunk...."she said as he kissed her neck hungrily

"I want to..."he said as his hands found the tie on her robe and untied it. "You have a beautiful body"he said as he stared at her. "You sure you want me to stay"

She nodded,"I'm scared though"

"I'll be gentle. Tell me when to stop and I will, I promise"he said as he took off his jacket and laid her down on the bed. He got on his knees and then she felt his tongue lick her inner thigh and then closer.....and then closer. She moaned in anticipation as she spread her legs wider and massaged the top of his head as she arched her back. He started fingering her and then his wet tongue went in and out of her vagina and she instantly came in his mouth. "Ohmygod"she moaned. "I want you. Take me Christopher. Please"she said as she sat up. Fuck foreplay, she wanted to fuck! She hastily helped him take off his clothes and then he turned her around.

"Can we do doggie?"

"I don't care. I just want you. I need you to..."she said and then he inserted himself inside her. They soon found a rhythm and she moaned as he fingered her as he fucked her from behind. His other hand rubbed her back and pulled on her long curly hair

"Oh god, your so tight.....holy shit...."he said as he fucked her

"Harder......faster......oh please Chris......"she said and then let out a shout as she felt herself come again. She opened her eyes and almost jumped out of the tub.

Christopher wasn't there. He never was there. It was all a dream.....a very wet one....

*

Hey lover, hey lover
This is more than a crush
Hey lover, hey lover
This is more than a crush

*





Chapter End Notes:
Lyrics Featured: "Hey Lover" by LL Cool J and Boyz II Men