Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    This story takes place shortly after the events in the story ‘Undercover Lover’. Meaning it occurs in Oz, after the occurrences that took place between prisoner Kareem Said and M.E. Melinda Warner.

    In this tale, Junior Crown Prosecutor, Alesha Phillips, finds that she is pulled back into the life of her rapist, gynecologist, Dr. Alec Merrick. Merrick, who was wanted for sex crimes in the United States as well, was transferred to a prison called Oswald State Penitentiary dubbed ‘OZ’. He is killed six months into his sentence there, by a prisoner named Simon Adebisi...

    Detectives Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler, investigate the crime, only because Merrick was raped before he was stabbed. Fingers are pointing at Adebisi and curiously, prisoner 93A234 has a picture of Ms. Phillips in his cell.

    The American police want answers, and Director of C.P.S. London, George Castle, wants this whole thing cleared up as soon as possible. Senior Crown Prosecutor, and friend to Alesha, James Steele is forced to bring up the whole mess, when Alesha comes into work that morning. And the answers he receives, are hardly what he expected to hear.

                                                              ****

    Alesha hung up her coat and headed straight for James’s office. She had a lot to tell him about the case they were working on. Apparently, some bloke who was calling himself Ripper Jr., was running about killing prostitutes. Alesha had spoken to a friend of one of the women that had been butchered.  She was swearing up and down that her ‘colleague’s’ last John, was someone from the Royal Family. Alesha didn’t think there was anything to that, but unfortunately, the possibility had to be eliminated.

    “James,” she began, walking into his office, “if there is any truth to what Lara Bosfox is alleging, then we’ll have one hell of a mess on our hands.”

    James stood up from his chair, walked past her and closed the door. Alesha frowned.

    “What is it?”

    “I need for you to sit down.” he said calmly. “Please.”

    Alesha did as she was told. This case had gone sour somehow. But when? How? She had been careful to keep the ‘Royal Family Theory’ out of this whole thing. Had the press gotten wind of it someway?

    James sat on the edge of his desk.

    “Alec Merrick was killed two days ago.”

    Alesha just stared up at James for a long moment, before answering.

    “In prison?”

    “Yes.”

    Alesha stood up.

    “He was in a prison in the United States, right?”

    “Yes.” James sighed. “A place called Oswald Penitentiary.  It’s located someplace on the East Coast, I believe.”

    Alesha took a deep breath.

    “Alright. Well, thank you for telling me.”

    “Alesha, that’s not all. That’s not nearly all. The police there think that an inmate named Simon Adebisi...”

    James stopped speaking. He could tell from the look on her face, that she knew him.

    “Alesha, this Adebisi prisoner, has a picture of you in his cell. Your rapist is murdered, supposedly by him. How would you know such a man? He is serving a life sentence for beheading an undercover officer. Again, HOW would you know such a person?”

    Alesha sighed, then spoke.

    “He is the father of my sister’s son.”

    “Your sister? I didn’t know you had one. You only speak of your mum.”

    “That’s because she disgraced the family by taking up with Simon Adebisi.” Alesha said. “Look, I might as well get this out: Anika, my sister, fell in with a bad crowd and that included Simon. He was always trouble. I’m sure you saw he had a record here. Anyway, my sister left for the United States with him and their son, Simon Jr.. My mother and I haven’t heard from them since. We’re not close.”

    James walked up to her.

    “Alesha, none of that explains why there is a picture of YOU in his cell and not your sister?”

    “Who’s to say that there is no picture of my sister in his cell?”

    “Alesha, what the bloody hell?! You know how this looks! That’s why the U.S., authorities have contacted us. And there is  no telling how long it will be until the press gets wind of this. It is an election year. George doesn’t want this following him into a campaign.” James said, walking behind his desk and pulling out a folder.  He handed it to her.

    “What is this?”

    “Your airline ticket, passport and the necessary contacts you’ll need to speak to in the U.S.. You are going to clear this up yourself, in person. And if you can’t...” James faltered. Alesha blinked.

    “James? You’re serious? If I can’t clear this up, what? I won’t have a job?”

    “Clear it up, Alesha.” James said quietly, “then get back here so we can catch Ripper Jr.. Alright?”

    Alesha said nothing. She left his office still clutching the file. James had been hurt that she hadn’t told him anything back there. But she couldn’t. She couldn’t tell James that at one point, Anika had owed money to Simon for drugs. She couldn’t tell him that he had not been interested in taking it out in trade with her any longer.

    Simon had wanted Alesha to do the deeds.

    And Alesha did.

    Their mother disowned Anika and Alesha put it behind her and got through law school. But what she never told her guilt ridden sister and furious mother, was that she had not been turned out. That Simon had been the one that wanted her. And that Alesha, at one point, had been so caught up in him, that she almost forfeited her future to be with him.

    She had no doubts, that Simon had killed Alec Merrick, because of her.