Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Asadian Nights: Chapter Two

“Who do you think it was that helped the humans with the inter-dimensional travel?” Kenjara asked after they arrived to the black dimension in a flurry of flames. They were just outside of town by some abandoned buildings. It was pitch black in the area that they were located but they could still see the city lights in the distance.

“I suspect that Tiraz.”

“The Dark Elf?” Kenjara questioned as he climbed over some rubble.

“Who else would use their enemy’s mate against them? The Dark Elves have always sought our power. They are using your mate and the humans to gain it. The Dark Elves are our true enemy not the humans.”

“But the humans have always been the one’s attacking us.”

“The humans aren’t a threat. They are just mindless little creatures that destroy everything that is different. If the Demons wanted to vanquish the beasts, we would have a long time ago. Our family has been too forgiving when it comes to those despicable creatures,” Belonoth said in distaste.

Demons have always held a dislike for humans since the first war, thousands of years ago after the humans waged war against them because the Demonic people were of a different breed. They were shape shifting creatures that had a humanoid form as wells as a demonic form. Their average life span outlasted the humans by thousands of years. Added to that was there unbelievable power of magic and strength. Even with the many differences between humans and demons, they managed to live in peace for many years. But the humans grew more fearful and greedy as time passed. Their peaceful existence was destroyed when the humans launched an attack against the most powerful demon country, the Asadian nation, and so began the first war.

Belonoth stopped suddenly and turned to face his brother with a grim expression. “You do know that you and your mate will encounter prejudice because she is a human. Her life will always be in danger.”

“I am aware but I believe in our people. They will not harm her in any way.”

“They will never stand for a human in the royal family.” Belonoth insisted.

“She is not just any human, she is my mate.” Kenjara said with certainty. “Besides, the Asadian Nation would not dare to touch a royal.”

“You are correct, An Asadian would not but the other demons might take offense to the induction. They were as equally outraged as us when we were first attacked.”

Kenjara remained silent. He knew that his brother spoke the truth but he didn’t want to acknowledge it. It seemed that everyone would be against his union with his mate. He just hoped that no one would act on their displeasure. The Asadian people could not afford to engage in war with another demonic country and possibly against its own people. “I do not wish to discuss this at this moment.”

 Kenjara resumed his walk towards the city. He sensed that his mate was near or at least within a hundred meters. A slight tingling sensation was flowing through his veins. “We do not have to travel long. I feel her presence in the near by building.” Kenjara pointed to what looked like a nightclub in the distance. The soothing jazz music could be heard from there position.

“Are you certain?” Belonoth questioned.

“Yes.” Kenjara answered while continuing his walk in the direction of his mate. By time they reached the entrance of the club. Both Kenjara and Belonoth noticed the stares from the humans of this dimension. They were still wearing their Asadian armor from their sparring session earlier. Belonoth immediately went to repair the situation by casting an illusion spell over there clothes but Kenjara grabbed his hand.

“We wanted to be inconspicuous. Casting magic in front of humans would ruin our plans.”

“We will be noticeable no matter what I do.”

“Yes, but at least this way people will only think of us as strange.”

Kenjara released his brother’s hand and entered the club that was called The Lounge.  He was immediately hit by a wave of smoke, created by the patrons’ cigars and cigarettes. Once his eyes adjusted he was able to see that it was filled with tables with guests that were drinking to their hearts content. The bar in the back of the club was over run with customers and the seats near by were already occupied. The only seats that were available were at the front of the club by a large stage with its red curtains drawn together.

 The tingling sensation that Ken felt earlier intensified as he and Belonoth made their way to the stage. They were stopped by a large man who had an equally large hand however. The man had the word ‘Bouncer’ written across a black tee-shirt that seemed too small for his large frame. The man frowned at them before speaking with a very deep voice. “This area is for VIP only. I suggest you take a seat back there.” He said while pointing back to the bar they passed.

Kenjara ignored the man and went to move past him but this time he was stopped by his brother. He looked back at his brother who shook his head no before pulling him in the direction of the bar. The lights began to dim and a steady beat from a guitar could be heard. Kenjara watched as the men in the club perked up in their seats and the women watched on in interest.  

“What’s going on?” Kenjara asked.

“She’s starting.” A drunken man beside him answered his question.

The beat that flowed through the club built anticipation as the patrons waited for the singer to begin. In the meantime, the men in attendance found pleasure watching the curvy silhouette of the woman as she slowly moved her hips along with the rhythm of snapping fingers of the audience. Kenjara had the feeling that the woman was his mate, the person that he had been looking for. A voice filled the room and entranced Kenjara with its sultriness. 

Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
when you put your arms around me
I give you fever that's so hard to bear

Belonoth watched his brother curiously. The song of one’s mate greatly affected an Asadian male. Kenjara’s eyes were akin to someone who was slowly being seduced by his mate. They were glazed and darken and his expression held the fierceness of the unmated that have already received their inheritance.  Belonoth hoped that his brother would be able to contain himself until they returned to their dimension. An Asadian in their demonic form would not bode well.

You give me fever
When you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight
Fever
In the morning
Fever all through the night

The spotlight turned on, revealing the singer’s beauty. Kenjara never imagined that the young girl that he seen several years ago could blossom into the gorgeous creature before him. She was of an average height for a human woman. Her curvy body was enhanced by the tight bodice of the black shimmering gown she wore. Her shimmery black thick hair swayed around her as she moved her shoulder about. What caught his attention above all else was her skin complexion. It was the color of chocolate, a rarity in Asadia.

Sun lights up the day time
moon lights up the night
I light up when you call my name
and you know I'm gonna treat you right


you give me fever
when you kiss me
fever when you hold me tight
Fever
In the morning
Fever all through the night

She surveyed everyone around the room and smiled with her eyes as she walked down the steps of the stage and into area that contained the seated audience. She made her way towards the bar, lightly touching the shoulders of random men as she went.  Kenjara felt a prick of jealously but soon realized that his mate was only playing with the other males.

Everybody’ got the fever
That is somethin’ you all know
Fever isn’t such a new thing
Fever started long ago

Romeo love Juliet
Juliet she felt the same
When he put his arms around her
He said Julie baby your my flame

She turned her attention to Kenjara and for the first time he was saw the glow in her large brown eyes that held such confidence and power that it rivaled his mother’s in intensity. She stared into his eyes as if she could see right into his soul. She smirked at him as if she knew something. When she came within distance she sat on his lap and touched his cheek softly before continuing.


Now give me fever
When were kissin
Fever with that flame in you
Fever
I'm a fire
Fever yeah i burn for you


Captain Smith and Pocahontas
had a very mad affair
When her daddy tried to kill him
She said daddy oh don't you dare

She tried to get up but Kenjara wrapped his arm around her waist and held on tight. She looked at him questioningly but didn’t resist. Instead she snuggled closer to him. She massaged his ears before hovering her lips over his. Just when Kenjara thought he was getting the kiss that he had been dying for since her saw her lovely full lips, his mate moved to the side and placed a soft kiss on the corner of his mouth. Although it wasn’t the kiss that he wanted, it truly set him aflame.

He gives me fever
With his kisses
fever when he holds me tight
Fever
I'm his misses
Daddy won't you treat him right

His mate slipped away from him when he became temporarily distracted from the kiss. She made her way back towards the stage, switching her hips as she went. When she stood on top of the stage once again she gave Kenjara a small wink.

Now you listened to my story
Here's the point that I have made
Chicks were born to give you fever
Be it fair and have a sense of game

They give you fever
when you kiss them
Fever if you really learned
Fever
Till you sizzlen
But what a lovely way to burn, oh baby

But what a lovely way to burn, yes honey
But what a lovely way to burn, ooh ~
But what a lovely way to burn

The curtains stage closed and the spotlight went out as soon as she sang the last note. Kenjara looked beside him at Belonoth as soon as he regained the breath that he hadn’t known that he was holding. As soon as he relaxed a dark feeling came over him. It was like someone with great power, with great darkness had entered the vicinity.

Kenjara felt like his breath was leaving his body once again but not from the passion he felt for his mate but from the evil entity. A loud crash from the club’s front doors caused the patrons alarm. The brothers looked at each other sharply before running in the direction that they had last seen his mate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Who the hell was that guy holding onto you back there? I thought we were going to have to call the bouncers in Jennifer.”

“So did I.” Jennifer agreed with one of her co-workers as she pulled her hair into a sloppy bun. She was in the dressing room with several of the performers of the lounge, all women.  The dressing room was cluttered with costumes and make-up. It amazed Jennifer everyday that she came to work that they had room to enter the dressing area. “I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do. I’ve never been in that type of situation.”

“You’ve never been in that type of situation before? That happens to you every night.” Kelsey said. The tall blue eyed blonde sat on top of the dresser. She was dressed in a tight floral burlesque costume for her fan dance number that was up in a few minutes. 

“This time was different.”

“What was different? Was it the jumpsuit he was wearing? He looked like he came out of a sci-fi show or something.” Another girl named Annabelle asked from beside Jennifer. The red head was dressed in a banana costume reminiscent of Josephine Baker. Annabelle and Joanie, a valley girl, were doing a duet together as a way to praise the famous dancer.

“That was different but that wasn’t it. I really don’t know what it was about him.” Jennifer thought long and hard but could not pinpoint the exact reason why she did not feel the need to call in the bouncer. Any other guy that tried to touch her like that would have been escorted out in the heartbeat. She should have had him removed but she couldn’t.

“I do.” Joanie interjected. “That guy was hot, movie star hot. That’s a rarity at The Lounge.”

“I wouldn’t go as far as to say that handsome men haven’t graced us before. I’ve…met a few of them.” Kelsey said. Jennifer and the other girls coughed inconspicuously. It was well known that Kelsey didn’t just meet men. She went through more men in a day than Madonna did on stage. Kelsey was a bona-fide hoe, a woman that should be kept far away from any married or committed man because she would definitely try to steal them away.

“It didn’t have anything to do with his look, per se. It was his eyes. They were so…”

“Gorgeous!” Annabelle Suggested.

“Intense. It was liked he was harboring a need for me, more than the sexual level.” Jennifer thought’s drifted back to the memory of when she stared into his eyes. She hadn’t meant to look at him but when she did he immediately pulled her into him. Before she knew what she was doing, she was sitting on his lap. Jennifer’s mother must be rolling in her grave at her actions, she suddenly felt sick.

10 years ago when she was 11 years old she got into a car wreck with her mother. Jennifer survived the accident but her mother did not. She was only 33 when she died. Jennifer blamed her self, even though her father told her otherwise. If she hadn’t begged her mother to take her shopping, they would have never gotten into the accident. If she had stayed home and been happy with the hand me downs that she received from her sister, everything would be fine. It was her fault that her mother died and she would have to live with it forever.

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore. It’s not that important, anyway.”

The girls sighed sadly before applying their make-up for the upcoming performances. Jennifer slipped out of her gown and placed it on the rack that was at the back of the dressing room. She went to grab her clothes but stopped when the door flew off its hinges with aloud bang. The bouncer that had been guarding the door was sprawled on the floor and the guys that were standing over him were the same men that the girls had been talking about. Before Jennifer could even blink an eye, the dark haired one grabbed her hand and she was pulled to the back door of the dressing room and out into the alley.

“What the hell are you doing?” Jennifer screamed as she tried to wiggle herself free of his hold. She was scared. Two men just broke into the dressing room and dragged her off without a second thought. Now they were running as if someone was chasing them into the abandoned factories that were 200 ft away from The Lounge. “Hey, let me go now. I promise that I won’t call the cops. Just LET ME GO!”

The brothers ignored Jennifer’s screams for her freedom. They had lost whoever, or what ever had been chasing them but that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t be discovered. If Kenjara could sense the Dark Elf then there was no doubt in his mind that Tiraz could sense them as well. “We need to hurry.”

“You’re right.” Belonoth said.

“Wait! Please don’t kill me! I don’t even know you. What ever I did—”

“You did not do anything to offend us.” Kenjara said. “We are not going to kill you.”

Jennifer sighed in relief but her eyes soon widened as an idea entered her mind. They didn’t bring her to the abandoned factories to kill her but they would definitely rape her.  Jennifer closed her eyes tightly and waited for the brutal assault. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Kenjara wrapped his arms around her body, just underneath her chest. She felt life she was being engulfed in flames and fainted from her intense fear.