Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    The day would not get much better for Michelle.

    It went even further downhill, when she picked up Wilbur and found that his math teacher, a Ms. Webster, wanted to see her. Wilbur delivered this news, solemn faced.

    “Now? I can’t call her back and make an appointment?”

    Wilbur’s eyes filled with fresh tears.

    “She said I cheated on my homework, Mom! I didn’t! I got help and I did the problems myself.”

    “Of course you did, baby! You stay here in the car. I’ll find out what this is all about.” Michelle told him, touching his face and getting out of the car. She went inside of the school and to the school office. She was given directions to Ms. Webster’s room and once she arrived, it did indeed appear that the woman was waiting for her.

    Ms. Webster was a small woman, with a pageboy hairdo. She stood up and shook Michelle’s hand.

    “Mrs. Troy? Thank you for stopping by on such short notice.”

    Michelle kept cool.

    “I didn’t really have much choice. Wilbur told me you wanted to see me, just as I was picking him up.”

    “I’m sorry for delaying you, but I thought it was urgent.”

    Michelle sat down in front of her desk.

    “Okay...Wilbur said something about your accusing him of cheating?”

    Ms. Webster pursed her lips.

    “Mrs. Troy, Wilbur did not do the assignment he turned in today. That I am convinced of.”

    “You’re convinced, hey?”

    “The handwriting is not the same,” Ms. Webster said calmly, “and I am very familiar with Wilbur’s level of work. He is just not capable of turning in a 100% homework assignment.”

    Michelle stood up.
   
    “Wilbur told me that his father helped him with that homework! Helped him, meaning he didn’t do it for him.”

    Ms. Webster stood up.

    “There is a way to prove your son’s innocence. I could put some problems up on the blackboard--now, and see if he can do them.”

    “What?! You’ve got a hell of a lot of nerve! Wilbur already did the homework assignment, he doesn’t need to do the problems again! Either you’re going to believe that or you won’t.”

    “Then I don’t,”  Ms. Webster said flatly, “and he’s getting a zero.”

    “And this this isn’t the end of this. But before I’m through, it will be then end of you.” Michelle said coldly, picking up her purse and skulking from the room! She was going to tell Christian about this and they would see the principal, the school board, whomever was necessary.

                                                               ****

    By the time Christian did get home, Michelle was still worked up by Ms. Webster and her bullshit! She was telling Moira about it, as she fixed dinner.

    “And this teacher said that the handwriting looked different?” Moira asked.

    “Yes! I mean I will admit, it’s possible Christian did a few problems for Wilbur. But he wouldn’t do the whole thing! Wilbur is weak in math,  but both of us have always made it a point to make sure he understands what he’s learning.”

    “And this woman didn’t even try and pretend to believe that Wilbur could’ve done the work?” Moira asked. Michelle shook her head.

    “See, that’s what’s really bothering me! She acted as if Wilbur was just TOO stupid to have even attempted any of those problems.”

    Christian appeared in the doorway and smiled at Moira, who looked hotter than ever. He then walked over to Michelle and planted a firm kiss on her mouth.

    “Am I forgiven for this morning?”

    Michelle grabbed his hand and pulled him out into the hallway.

    “Wilbur’s math teacher is accusing him of cheating on his homework. He’s getting a zero for what he turned in today. Wilbur said you helped him. Just tell me you helped and didn’t do the work for him?”

    Christian blinked.

    “Honey, I didn’t help Wilbur with his homework last night. I asked him about it and he said it was done.”

    Michelle’s mouth dropped open!

    “I didn’t help him! Do you think it was Moira?”

    The doorbell rang.

    “I’ll answer that,” Michelle said, “you ask Moira. I just spoke to her about this and she seemed just as perplexed as we are.”

    Christian said nothing as his wife walked away to answer the door. He stepped back into the kitchen and found that Moira was now naked, holding a spatula. She gently flipped a chicken breast over.

    “Are you out of your mind?!” Christian hissed.

    “It’s hot.”

    “I don’t give a fuck! Get that uniform back on! Now!”

    Meanwhile, Ben and Vivien were at the door, holding a bottle of champagne.

    “We thought we’d welcome you to the neighborhood.” Vivien said, stepping in uninvited. Michelle moved aside as Ben smiled wanly at her, handing her the bottle.  Michelle scarcely noticed when Vivien headed straight for the kitchen...

    Ben closed the door.

    “We’ve come at a bad time, haven’t we? You look upset.” he noted.

    Michelle set the champagne down on a nearby table, then looked around for Vivien, whom she did not see.

    “Dr. Harmon...”

    “Michelle, I thought we agreed that you’d call me Ben.”

    “That was before I met Hayden.”

    Ben looked uneasy.

    “You met Hayden?”

    Michelle looked around for Vivien again.

    “Yes!” she hissed. “I mean I hope someone got her to a hospital because she was miscarrying a baby that from what I heard, was probably yours.”

    “I can explain...”

    “You don’t owe me any explanations, ‘doctor’. But I can’t make nice with you or your wife, knowing what  I know now. I mean I’m sure poor Vivien doesn’t even know about this pregnancy, does she?”

    “She does, yes.” Ben told her. Michelle sighed.

    “It doesn’t matter. It’s none of my business and I just can’t deal with anyone else’s problems tonight.”

    Ben gently reached out to touch her shoulders.

    “Tell me what’s wrong.”

    Meanwhile, Christian sighed as Vivien Harmon stood in the kitchen doorway, shaking her head. Moira was still naked.

    “Jesus, Christian! Your wife is in the hallway!” Vivien snapped.

    “Hey! She’s crazy! I didn’t take her clothes off of her!” Christian countered.

    “Oh like how you didn’t fuck her on the washer the other day either, hey?”

    Christian squinted at her. How in the hell had she known about that?! Christian looked over at Moira. This big mouthed bitch must have said something! He pointed at her.

    “You’re fired! Get out!” he snapped. He then looked at Vivien.

    “I don’t know what you’re doing here, but you  get out too.”

    “I think I’m going to mention what I saw in here to Michelle.” Vivien threatened. Christian walked up to her.

    “And I’ll just say that you’re hot for me. Michelle is already uneasy by all of the crazy ass neighbors around here. She will never believe you over me. So get the fuck out!” he snapped.

    Meanwhile, Michelle was about to break down and tell Ben about Wilbur, when she heard the raised voices from the kitchen! What the hell?! Michelle headed towards the kitchen, when Vivien suddenly came storming out!

    “Ben, we’re leaving! Michelle, I hope YOU enjoy the wine!” Vivien said, flinging open the front door. She didn’t bother to wait for Ben. Christian walked over to Ben and shook his hand.

    “It’s nice to meet you, Dr. Harmon. We should do lunch sometime. I can also maybe do something about those crow’s feet around your eyes.”

    Ben gave Christian a look, but returned the handshake.

    “Thanks, I think. Michelle, we’ll talk tomorrow.”

    Michelle shook her head and mouthed ‘no’. Christian frowned but said nothing until Ben had left, closing the door behind him.

    “You’ll ‘talk’ tomorrow? What is all that about?”

    Michelle folded her arms.

    “Well, Ben is a psychiatrist. And he offered his services.”

    Christian gave her a confused look.

    “Why?”

    “Oh Christian! Stop pretending as if all I have to do is just wipe my mind clean! I took a chance to come out here and make a life with you! You welched on our wedding vows within six months. Now you want me to look at Julia on a regular basis and lie to Sean’s face. This house, this neighborhood is really messed up! And now with Wilbur’s problems...maybe I need someone to talk to.”

    “And who am I?! You’ve just told a stranger about all of our problems?”

    “I didn’t just ‘tell’ anyone. It’s almost like everyone knows already. I don’t know how to explain it...”

    “I do! You’ve told everyone! No wonder the neighbors don’t like us! I’m going upstairs to help Wilbur with his homework...for real. I fired Moira. I caught her stealing some of your jewelry.” Christian lied and turned to leave. Michelle squinted at his back. Moira stole some of her jewelry? While she was cooking in the kitchen?

    Suddenly, she remembered Vivien’s demeanor tonight. Did she see something in the kitchen? Michelle walked into the kitchen and found Moira, calmly cooking--and dressed.

    “Moira? My husband said he fired you?”

    “It was a misunderstanding. I’m sure he’ll calm down in the morning.”

    “Uh, I don’t think so. I mean he said he caught you with some of my jewelry.”

    Moira stopped stirring something in a pot and looked at her. Her faded eye began to fill with tears.

    “Do you really think I’d do something like that, Mrs. Troy?”

    Michelle half looked her over. The woman wasn’t very good looking...though she might have been in her youth. But no, Michelle’s sense was that Moira would not steal from her. Then what had been all that fuss earlier?

    Vivien would know. Michelle shook her head at Moira, then left the kitchen. She glanced up the staircase, before picking up her purse and leaving the house. She would go over to the Harmon’s house to find out what happened.  It was as she closed the door behind her, that she realized that she STILL, did not know where the couple lived! Michelle looked over at Contance’s home and headed over in that direction. She had meant to ask the eccentric woman where they lived before, but Julia’s call had gotten her flustered.

    Before she could take another step, Vivien appeared before her!

    “Vivien! What are you doing out here in the dark?”

    “I couldn’t rest. I walk when I’m troubled.”

    Michelle put a hand on her arm.

    “What happened in my kitchen? You didn’t see Moira stealing my jewelry, did you?”

    Vivien shook her head.

    “No. Michelle, Moira is not quite what she appears to be. She’s nice enough but she’s troubled.”

    “Meaning?” Michelle asked, confused.

    “I know for a fact that she and Christian have slept together.”

    Michelle’s eyes widened. She was then silent. She then burst out laughing!

    “Oh, Vivien! Oh my God, you just made my day!”

    Vivien tilted her head.

    “You don’t believe me?”

    “No...well...come on! She’s hardly Christian’s type. But you’re saying that Moira has hit on him, right?” Michelle asked. She now understood why Christian lied about the jewelry. She supposed it was embarrassing to admit that someone like that, was putting the moves on you.

    “I mean, Michelle, that Moira has been hitting on him and that Christian has been very open to her advances. I know for a fact that they had sex in your basement. On your washing machine.”

    Michelle eyed her, just as Ben walked up and began to steer Vivien away.

    “I’m sorry, Michelle, Vivien can be...”

    Vivien jerked away from him! She then pointed at Michelle.

    “Michelle, just get in your car and go! Like right now!”

    “What?! I couldn’t just leave Wilbur and Christian! Vivien, tell me what you saw in that kitchen--exactly!”

    But Ben pulled Vivien away down the sidewalk, mouthing to her ‘we’ll talk to tomorrow’. Michelle looked away. The fact that he insisted on having her for a patient now, was beginning to get on her nerves. Michelle looked around, then went back inside.

                                                           ****

    Michelle skipped dinner. She didn’t feel like looking at Moira, since she didn’t know what to think of her. And Christian had lied about what happened, but she just was unsure of why? It wasn’t as if she would’ve believed that Christian had any interest in Moira. The woman looked about late 60’s or early 70’s.

    She was also beginning to think that Christian had done Wilbur’s homework! That meant Wilbur had lied as well, when he said he had gotten help, but did it himself.  At that moment, Michelle decided that Christian could handle Wilbur’s teacher and that failed homework assignment!

    Meanwhile, in another bedroom, Vivien was sitting on a bed and watching Ben, as he went over his notes with his session with Michelle.

    “Why aren’t you telling her to leave, Ben?”

    Ben looked up.

    “What do you mean?”

    “You know what I mean! We know what this house is. By the way, I ran into psycho Hayden. Nice of her to show up here, probably scaring Michelle half to death with her miscarriage trick.”

    Ben closed his notebook.

    “Michelle mentioned her. She’s also not so open to therapy anymore.”

    “Of course not! Ben, tell her to go! Tell her to grab Wilbur and get the hell out of here!”

    Ben eyed her.

    “You’ve been helping Wilbur with his homework, haven’t you?”

    Vivien looked down.

    “Kids are nice at that age, aren’t they? I saw he hadn’t done it. And I don’t think he knew how to. He woke up and I tried to show  him some problems, but he wasn’t getting it. I didn’t want him to fail.”

    Ben smiled softly at her.

    “That’s nice.”

    Vivien didn’t return the smile.

    “You know who I saw here at a neighbor’s house? Luke. God, don’t I wish I could’ve given him a chance before you got us all killed.” Vivien said in a whispering hiss, before getting up and leaving the room. Ben sighed. Yes, Luke, the alarm guy. He sighed again. Ben knew Vivien would probably sit by the Wilbur’s bedside tonight.

    It wasn’t fair, their being trapped in this house with the other murder victims of this home. And he accepted his part in it.  If he had never went near Hayden. Or maybe if he had told Vivien the truth about the extent of his relationship with her.

    But it was over, unfortunately. He was dead. Vivien was dead, Hayden....and both of his unborn children with his wife and mistress were dead. He had made a mistake and yet no one cared how he felt. How the guilt ate at him. How if he had to spend eternity in this house that ruined his life, he would like for it to be with a woman that didn’t scream her hatred for him, everytime he came near her.

    Ben put down the notebook when he heard the sound of water running.

                                                                ****

    Michelle gingerly stepped into the piping hot water and ignored the sting of the temperature. It made her forget her troubles.

    Christian had had supper with Wilbur alone, and didn’t feel much like telling Moira to get the fuck out--again, as she served their dinner. The meal was good so he guessed he’d let the little whore stay.

    Now Wilbur was in bed, homework completed in his own hand. Christian bit his lip and peered through the crack of the bathroom. Michelle was sitting with her back to him in the tub. Her hair was pinned up.

    He stealthily eased into the bathroom, closing the door behind him, then walked over and caressed her bare shoulder.

    “Is there room for me in there?”

    “No.” Michelle replied, her eyes closed.

    “Don’t be like this.”

    “Don’t accuse me of blabbing our private business all over the neighborhood. Don’t accuse me of being mean for not wanting that whore Julia, in this house. If you really plan to have a party tomorrow night, then you plan it. Oh, and I won’t be there.”

    “Damnit, Michelle! It’s not like you’ve never done anything wrong yourself!”

    Michelle sat up and slowly turned to face him. Christian swallowed at the sight of her wet, large, chocolate breasts.

    “I didn’t say I hadn’t. I’ve never cheated on you, Christian. You can’t say the same. I’m sorry about what happened to Matt. Truly, I am. But all that called for, was a long hug from Julia. You didn’t have to sleep with her.”

    And with that, Michelle turned her back on him.

    “So, what are you saying, Michelle? That I’m going to have to beg whenever I want to be with you?”

    Michelle exhaled.

    “I just need time, Christian. Everything was so good last night. Then you brought up Julia this morning and it just ruined everything.”

    “Michelle, you’re ruining everything. I’ve told you I don’t love her. I’ve told you I want a life with Wilbur and you. But instead you’re running around, telling strange men what a monster I am, hey?”

    Michelle said nothing to that. Christian turned and left the bathroom. He tightened the belt on his robe and left the bedroom. A few moments later, Ben appeared, dressed in his own, silk robe. He stared after Christian as he walked down the hallway, then eased into his and Michelle’s bedroom.

                                                               ****

    For the first time since they moved into this house, Christian began to wonder if Michelle wasn’t on to something.

    Frustrated and angry, he walked over to the bar to pour himself a drink. He almost jumped out of his skin, when Constance Langdon asked for one herself!

    “Constance. How in the hell did you get in here?”

    Constance walked over to him and touched his chin.

    “Nothing could keep me away from a hungry cock. And yours is always hungry, isn’t it, precious?” she asked, lowering her hand to reach through his robe. Christian didn’t fight her, but set down the drink.

    “You should go.”

    “Why? Because Moira is all you can handle?”

    “Because it’s late.”

    “But not because this is wrong.” Constance said softly, getting down on her knees and taking his length between her lips. Christian closed his eyes and clutched the end of the bar. There was a part of him that thought this house was the best thing that had ever happened to him.  The maid constantly wanted to fuck him, and the next door neighbor gave a blow job like no else’s business.

    Then there was Michelle. And Wilbur. They were a family now. HE would see Wilbur’s teacher tomorrow and straighten out this misunderstanding. And Michelle...

    Maybe Julia could talk to her, herself? Maybe it wasn’t enough for Michelle to hear from him, that there was nothing between himself and her.  Yes, that was it! He would tell Julia to talk to Michelle and convince her that there was nothing to be threatened by. That should do the trick.

    Meanwhile, upstairs, Ben discarded his robe and entered the bathroom, closing the door behind him. It was steamy but he could still see the back of Michelle’s beautiful neck. Unable to help himself, he pressed a gentle kiss there.

    Michelle’s eyes opened and she only half turned.

    “I’m sorry,” she said, “the whole thing with Wilbur just threw me off my game today. I’ll help you with the party tomorrow night. And I’ll even tolerate Julia for a few hours, okay?” she asked, getting up a little to make room for him, without looking behind her.

    Ben recognized the invitation and got into the tub behind her. Michelle slowly began to sit down, but Ben could not resist grabbing her by the waist and forcing her down onto his member!

    “Christian!” Michelle cried out with a giggle. In the back of her mind, something seemed different, but she soon began to relax as ‘Christian’ picked up a washcloth and reached around her to begin rubbing her breasts with it.

    Michelle closed her eyes and leaned back into him.

    “That’s nice.” she murmured. Ben had to agree, as he set down the cloth and wrapped his arms around her.  Yes, this was nice.