Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Come on Adam, we are almost there”Gabriel said as the both of them fought their way through a crowd of people surrounding one of the lifeboats that were about to be lowered.

“COME ON! WOMEN AND CHILDREN!”a worker called

“Us! Let us on!”Gabriel said as he waved his hand and as he pulled himself and Adam forward.

“First class only, stand back!”he said to them

“Please! My friend is sick! He needs a doctor and we need to get off this damn boat! Now let us on! We have the same right as anyone else!”Gabriel said getting angry. He was sick and tired of how the first class passengers got first priority over everything.

“Step back!”the worker said as he pushed him. Gabriel let go of Adam and he staggered back and another man caught him. Gabriel hurled himself at the worker and they started to fight. This helped a lot of people to get onto the boat as the worker and Gabriel wrestled around. Soon a lot of fights ensued. First and second class were fighting against the third for spaces on the boats. The band tried to play louder but no one was calm anymore. Everyone knew that the boat was sinking and if they didn’t, they were in deep denial.

Then the ship started to tip over and people were starting to slide down the deck. This helped Gabriel because the man slid away. He looked around and tried to find Adam. “ADAM!”he shouted.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“Dorothy? You are willing to stay with me?”Abraham asked her, he took off his overcoat and gave it to her, since she left hers in the cabin.

“Yes Abe, I feel so….I like you Abraham, you understand me. I wanna be with you”she said to him,”I know its fast…”

“I know”he said as he hugged her close to him,”I want to be with you too”he said to her as he kissed her forehead.

Salomi and Vernon saw this. Salomi smiled, now finally her father could be happy and maybe she can finally have a motherly figure in her life. However, this made Vernon miss Abby terribly. He needed to get off this boat, he held onto the money briefcase tightly and saw that a few other boats were being lowered.”Come on there are some more boats at that end, we have to get out of here”he said to them, he took Salomi’s hand and they made their way through the crowd.

Abraham took Dorothy’s hand and led her through the crowd and then he stopped,”This is what she was talking about”he said to her

“Who? What?”Dorothy asked

“My wife…she knew that this was going to happen”Abraham said,”She would never lie to me”he said to her

“Ohmygod,we gotta get off this boat”Dorothy said

“Wait…”he said to her,”Before we do I have to be totally honest with you”he said to her,”If we are going to be together….you have to know who I really am”

“Ok…”Dorothy nodded

“Im not a farmer, we didn’t find gold on our land. We’re not even that rich, for now we can afford to buy fancy clothing and all that but…its all a lie. Vernon and I are in organized crime, that’s why we have money, that’s our income….”he said to her

“Ohmygod”Dorothy said

“If you want to get on another boat then…be my guest…it can be a dangerous business-“

“Im not gonna leave you”Dorothy said to him and kissed him,”I don’t care what you do for a living I just want to be with you”

Abraham smiled,”Ok…lets go”he said as they caught up with Vernon and Salomi.

“WOMEN AND CHILDREN!”they heard workers shout.

“Only women and children?”Dorothy asked,”Abe I don’t want to leave you”

“Daddy, Uncle Vern, I don’t want to leave you either”Salomi said as tears came to her eyes.

“We have to face it, we are going to be separated for a while until another boat finds us, we will be together again ok?”Abraham said,”For now, both of you need to get on this boat”he said to the both of them.”We need to get off this ship now”he said

Salomi shook her head no but Dorothy nodded. She understood,”We’ll see you later on? You promise?”she asked him. He nodded. Dorothy hugged him and gave him a long kiss and then hugged Vernon. Salomi accepted defeat and hugged her father and Vernon in a three way hug, she started to cry.

“I love you”she said to the both of them.

“I love you too Lomi”they both said to her.

“Now get in line for this boat here”Abraham said, trying not to cry. “We are going to try the first boat that will let men on it”he said. He gave them their last hugs and they both left.

Both Salomi and Dorothy cried as they waited in line for the lifeboat in front of them. The men helped various women and children onto the boats. Then they heard a lot of fighting, a lot of the third class were going crazy and they started taking over some of the lifeboats. “We have to find Daddy”Salomi said

“I agree, lets go”Dorothy said and they got out of line and went to look for Abraham and Vernon.

“There they are!”Salomi said as they made their way through the crowd.”Dad!”

“Lomi! What the hell are you doing!?”Abraham said to them.”You have to get off this ship!”

“We heard a lot of fighting and we had to check on you, we cant leave you”Dorothy said. Then the boat started to tip and people started to slip, they watched in shock as they saw some people sliding down the deck. They all held onto the railings.

“You two have to get off this God damn ship now!”Abraham said to them. Due to the tipping, a lot of the boats had trouble getting in the water. However, the boat kept tipping, the south end of the ship was starting to go underwater, people started to scream and run toward the north end.”Come on!”he said as he grabbed Salomi’s hand and they all made their way as well.

However, a lot of people were jumping ship trying to get onto the boats or workers were pulling anyone onto the boats against their will. Dorothy held onto Salomi’s hand as tight as she could but she could feel her slipping, the force of the ship tipping was making her lose grip. Then someone pulled her,”Hey!”she shouted

“Just get on the boat ma’am, you will thank us later”the man said as he put her onto a boat and they started to lower it

“ABRAHAM!”she shouted. She saw Salomi and Abraham and Vernon shouting for her but she couldn’t make it out. Then she only heard Abraham.

“WE’LL BE ON THE NEXT BOAT! I PROMISE!”she heard him shout and then he pulled the two of them through the crowd. She accepted defeat as she sat back in the boat, she wrapped Abraham’s overcoat around her as tight as she could. It smelled just like him. She could hear others on the boat crying and she started to cry as well. Hoping that she would see Abraham again.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“We gotta get Dorothy!”Salomi said as they made their way to the north end of the ship.

“No, she has to stay right there, shes safer now. Your next, we gotta get you on a boat”Abraham said to her

However, the boat was tipping faster and then some of the lights started to go out and people started to scream. Salomi screamed as well, this boat was definitely going under.

“Ahhh”Vernon said as he tried to steady himself and the briefcase full of money.”Abe, we gotta leave this behind, its slowing us down”

“No!”Abraham said,”If we return home without any money, Morietti will kill us!”

“Our fucking ship is sinking! I think he would understand!”Vernon said

“You of all people should know better than that”Abraham said. Vernon sighed. Money was Morietti’s number one priority, nothing else comes before it.”I’ll hold it for now ok?”he asked him. Vernon nodded and tried to hand it to him. Then the boat started tipping more. Abraham grabbed the briefcase but Vernon started to slip.

“UNCLE VERN!”Salomi screamed as he along with some others slipped down the deck.

“VERN!”Abraham shouted.”Oh God!”he said. Was he dead?

“Is he dead!?”Salomi asked as she started to cry.

Abraham tried to compose himself. He had to be strong for Salomi. “No, he’ll be fine, a boat will pick him up”he tried to assure her,”Hold onto me. Don’t let go”he said as they reluctantly continued on.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“Shit!”Adam and Gabriel screamed as some of the lights went out and the boat started to tip.

“Ok Adam, I know it hurts, but you have to help me out here. You gotta get some strength back”Gabriel pleaded. His arms were getting tired of holding him. Adam nodded and then threw up again.”Come on”he said as they tried their best to get to the other side of the ship. However, the boat was tipping faster and more people were starting to slip.”Come on, hang onto the railing!”he said as they both climbed over the railing and held onto it.”Hold on tight Adam!”he yelled at him from time to time whenever he noticed Adam slipping.

Then the most unfortunate happened, they all heard a loud crack and lots of screams, most of the south end of the ship was underwater and almost standing up straight! The north end of the ship was starting to crack in half, separating itself from the south end.”HOLD ON!”Gabriel screamed along with everyone else. Then they could feel themselves starting to tip away, their side was going to fall into the water!?

“I cant”Adam said weakly, still feeling sick. He felt even worse, his nerves were also messing with his stomach. He was throwing up even more now.

“Adam, just hold on ok?Please!”Gabriel said as he wrapped his arms around him. The ship continued to break and they could feel themselves falling back. They both screamed. Then the north end seemed to jerk back up, that sudden force made Adam slip,”ADAM!”Gabriel screamed as he grabbed onto one of his hands.”COME ON ADAM! PULL YOURSELF UP! YOU CAN DO IT ADAM!”

“I cant”Adam said weakly as he held onto Gabriel’s hand for dear life, he looked down and saw that the ship was starting to sink into the water. Almost half of the ship was underwater and a lot of people were falling around him.”Help”he said weakly

“I CANT HELP YOU UNLESS YOU TRY!”Gabriel shouted pleadingly,”COME ON!”Gabriel said, he felt like his arm was going to fall off. Then Adam’s hand started to slip away from his,”ADAM!”

Adam then lost his grip and he fell,”ADAM!”Gabriel screamed and cried as he watched his friend fall to his death,”ADAM!”he yelled,he started to cry,”Im so sorry Adam….Im so sorry”

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“Hold on Lomi, hold on as tight as you can!”Abraham said as they laid on the railing. The briefcase laid on the railing, Salomi laid on the briefcase on her stomach and held onto the briefcase and the railing and Abraham laid on top of her, holding onto her and the railing. They witnessed the ship break in half and they survived their side coming back up and now they were sinking into the water.

“Dad!We’re going under!”Salomi cried

Abraham nodded,”Ok…once we hit the water, we have to let go ok? Then we have to swim as fast as we can….to our left….ok?”

“Dad….Im scared”Salomi cried

“I know baby….”Abraham said.That was the first time he ever heard her say that. She was like her mother, ready for anything. They started to sink faster,”Just stay with me ok? When I say ‘Go’ we let go ok?” Salomi nodded. Then they all screamed as the water approached them, soon it was right in front of them,”Ok……GO!”he shouted. They both let go and tried their best to swim away from the ship. However, Salomi couldn’t really swim. She held onto the briefcase as Abraham held her and swam for them. The water was freezing. He then saw a door, it looked like one of the doors to the ballroom. He swam toward that and demanded that Salomi get on it. This way she would be out of the freezing water. He put the briefcase on it and then tried to get on. However, the door started to sink. It could only hold Salomi and the briefcase.

“Daddy, just throw this in the water ok? So you can get on”she said to him as she shivered.

“No….we…..have to keep it…..”he said as his teeth clattered together. He felt like he was laying in a big bowl of ice. He sighed as he actually saw big pieces of ice float past him. Salomi held onto his hand and blew on it, trying to warm him up.”We….have….to wait……for help……they’ll find us….”he shivered. Hoping it was true.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Dorothy screamed along with the people in her boat as they watched the Titanic snap in half. Then all the lights went out, leaving them in cold darkness, then they saw the ship slowly but surely sink into the water. Dorothy broke down when she saw people jumping to their deaths. She prayed to God that none of them was Abraham, Vernon or Salomi. Were they alright?

Everyone gasped as the last part of the Titanic went underwater and they all sat there in cold, awkward silence. She couldn’t believe it. The unsinkable Titanic sank.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“You are my sunshine……my only sunshine……you make me happy……when….skies…….are gray”Abraham tried to sing to her as he held onto the side of the door that they were using as a flotation device. Salomi laid there listening to him, it was better than hearing various people moaning and screaming around them. Some of the screams and shouts for help died down after awhile, which only meant that the sources of the noise froze to death.”You know….your mother……used to sing that to you……..when she………was pregnant with you………she would sing……..to her big…..ol’ tummy”he said as he shivered and tried to laugh but coughed instead.

Salomi nodded as he told this story, she has heard it so many times but she was loving it right now. Her father’s voice was soothing, even though he could barely speak. She rubbed his hands and blew on them to make friction.

“Now…..you…….are so………big now……….you have…….your mothers…..everything……..personality…looks……..body……”he said and sighed,”Boys……they look…..at ya…….I see them……….that boy on the ship…….I knew he……….liked you……”

Salomi sighed, wondering how Gabriel was. She didn’t even want to think about if he was dead or alive, it was too hard for her to bear.”Dad….Im sorry. About the whole stealing thing…..I’ll never do it again…..Gabriel is really a nice guy……..really”

“I know baby……….that’s his name?……..Gabriel…….I shouldn’t be too mad……I was a……..troublemaker……..like……..him”he said as he coughed,”So…….cold”

“Daddy,lets just throw the money away. You are more important, you are gonna freeze yourself to-“then she stopped, she didn’t want to say death.

“No……we need it………”he said and then moaned,”Oh God…….you are my sunshine……my only……..sunshine……….happy………skies…….gray……..”he said and then he was silent.

“Dad?”Salomi asked,”DAD”

“I……..love……..you……”he said and then he was silent again. Salomi broke down and cried. Her father was dead. She put her hands to her face and screamed and then she turned away not wanting to look at him. Then he slipped off the door and started to sink. She cried as she watched his body sink to the bottom.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“Salomi?”Abraham asked. She ran up to him and hugged him. Then he gasped,”I can touch you?….Wait….wheres Lomi?”

Salomi shook her head,”I tried to tell you….to get off the ship. But it was definite, it was planned. God makes no mistakes. My warning was just apparent”

“So Im…..”

“Yes…..you’re like me now”Salomi said to him

“What about Lomi?”

“She’ll be ok. Its gonna be hard……gonna be hard to watch, but shes like me. A fighter. Its gonna be rough for her but she will get through it all somehow”

“What?”Abraham asked as he started to cry,”I promised her that I would never leave her…”

“I know….but she knows you love her. Now all you have to do is be that angel on her shoulder. Be that guardian angel that she will need. Remind her every now and then of what she should do. Be her guide. That’s all you can do”

*______________________*