Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/smalluntiltheendoftime1.png


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


So they picked up Beth early, made sure to tell the men they were going to the dance. Then they took Beth to Mary Ann’s place. They gave her a tighter dress, curled her hair, applied more makeup, stuffed her bra, plucked her eyebrows. Beth looked very different. “Damn Im good. You look like Greta Garbo!”

Beth looked in the mirror and she was indeed a different person. She wasnt just plain old farmer Beth, she looked like a movie star. Gabriel hung around a lot of movie and theatre stars. Hell, Salomi looked like one. “I look perfect”

“You do”Mary Ann said and clapped and squealed. Glad that her little project had gotten the A+ it deserved. “Lets get goin’ then”she said.

And when they got there, men were falling all over themselves to get a second glance at Beth. Many were taking double takes, one tripped over his own feet, one even ran into a wall. The girls just laughed, it seemed like the three of them floated into the room and all eyes were on them. And all eyes were on them.

“Who is that?”Isaiah asked. A buxom blonde!? One he hasn’t screwed yet in this little shit town?

“I don’t know”Gabriel said

“Its Beth!”Robin said in shock,”Shes with Mary Ann and Sue, who else could it be?”

“That’s not Beth. Beth doesn’t look like that”Gabriel said and turned around again and Beth was right in front of him

“Why cant I look like this?”she asked innocently, but it had a twist of a sensually seductive tone to it. She then took the cigarette out of his mouth and smoked it. “Thanks”she said. Mary Ann gave her an inhaling lesson in the car. She looked very graceful with the cigarette. She was coughing and wheezing in the car.

“I mean you can….you just don’t normally….”Gabriel tried to explain, but he was more shocked that Beth was smoking. She was wearing higher heels, she had on a tighter dress, her hair was done beautifully, she had curves, she had on red lipstick with polish on her toes and fingernails to match. Where did all this come from? Then a small group of men from the navy approached the girls. Most of them wanting to talk to Beth. Isaiah eyed each of them over. He couldn’t sleep with this buxom blonde because he couldn’t believe that it was Beth. The Beth that milked cows and planted tomatoes. Gabriel was right, she wasn’t supposed to look like THAT.

“Sure you can get me a beer, how kind of you”Beth said to one. “I love your uniform it brings out your eyes”she said to the other,”I just love to travel. You must have seen many places”she said to another in rapid succession as she talked to the three of them. Mary Ann looking on approvingly

“Did you have anything to do with this?”Robin asked

“It was her idea”Mary Ann lied,”Dance with me”she said as she took Robin’s hand. Gabriel didn’t like the look of it. Mary Ann already smelled like vodka, because she kept a bottle on her at all times.

“Beth sure looks different”Frank commented

“Don’t get any ideas. She aint a redhead”Sue said with a smile and led him out on the dance floor.

Gabriel and Isaiah watched as the three men talked to Beth. One lit every cigarette she had for her, one got her any drink she wanted, the other just did anything else the other two didn’t take care of, which wasn’t much. “Should we be worried?”Gabriel asked him

“I don’t know”Isaiah said,”I don’t like the looks of it. That dress is so tight, we know her cup size and where every curve leads to. Men do stupid things when they see too much. They start wanting too much”he said and then patted Gabriel on the back,”Don’t worry though. I got her covered. You have fun”

“You know my idea of having fun is sitting here with my beer”

“I know but just in case you get bored”Isaiah said. But soon he didn’t like what he was seeing. None of the men were too forward with Beth though, which was a surprise. Surprisingly the three navy boys were very polite. Beth was the one touching them, teasing them, being too forward. Many times Isaiah wanted to interfere but the guys weren’t doing anything wrong. He also thought that maybe Beth caught on, because she would glance their way. Did she finally catch on to them? The reason they only came…well in the first place, was to appease McNamara. Now Frank and Robin came here to get some action. But she always glanced their way every few minutes and Isaiah tried his best to be cool, calm and collected as he smoked his cigar.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“Oh I just love conversation, don’t you?”Beth cooed,”I just love meeting new people. Especially people who have been to exotic places like Florida”she said as she touched Ben’s or Dan’s….or Dusty’s chest. She glanced at Gabriel but he didn’t notice. What did she have to do to get him to notice?!

“I wouldn’t think that Florida is exotic but it sure is nice”Dusty replied. Then one of the town favorites started to play and soon the floor was packed with people.

“I love to dance too”Beth said as she put out her cigarette and drank the last of her beer and hopped off the stool. “Lets go”she said as she led Dusty on the floor and Ben and Dan groaned, both hoping to be the first. Beth danced close to Dusty and even lifted up her dress to show more leg which he loved but she looked over at Gabriel and he wasn’t watching. Isaiah seemed to be watching her more than he was! What did she have to do to get through to him?!

Then she remembered what Mary Ann said: “But time takes a toll on a man, in love or not. You just gotta know the right time to strike…. Gabriel will be there. And he may need to be taken care of. That’s where you come in”

But it seemed that time wasn’t on her side. Gabriel was there alright but he didn’t need to be taken care of. There was nowhere for her to go, no way for her to step in. So she had to do everything in reverse. Gabriel was there, yes. But maybe it was her that needed to be taken care of. Maybe he needed the perfect time to strike. She saw Isaiah whisper to Gabriel and walk away. Gabriel glanced at her and she used that small moment to make her move. She kissed Dusty and he didn’t hesitate to kiss her back, then she pushed him away.

“NO!”she said loudly

“What?”Dusty asked her

“What do you take me for? A whore or something? You think Im just going to sleep with you?-“

“Is there a problem?”Gabriel asked as he walked up to them, giving Dusty a look over.

“No there aint, if there was, its none of your business-“

“It is my business-“

“Nothing’s wrong, except for the fact that this bitch is crazy”Dusty said and started to walk away

Beth gasped, no one ever called her that to her face. And it hurt. It hurt Gabriel too and he got upset and he grabbed Dusty,”She aint no bitch and she aint crazy”

“Now you’re the crazy one with your hands on me!”Dusty said and pushed Gabriel away,”Get off me”he said and his two navy friends came over. Gabriel pushed him back and they started to fight. Isaiah came out of nowhere and helped Gabriel as people ran off and started to scream.

Beth backed up as Frank and Robin ran toward them to help. Wait, this wasn’t supposed to happen! “Nice move”Mary Ann said to her, she was really drunk. Sue too.

“Huh?”

“I thought you weren’t going to get anywhere. Gabriel wasn’t paying attention to you at all. Now the attention is on you”

“What do I do now?”Beth asked

“Get him alone, hes gonna need some comforting”Mary Ann said just as Dusty punched Gabriel in the face. Isaiah pushed Dusty away and Beth grabbed Gabriel.

“Lets get out of here”she said and she pulled Gabriel away, running as fast as her five inched heels could carry her. They ran out the back door and Beth sighed as she leaned against the wall. “I think we’re safe now”

“FUCK!”Gabriel shouted

“Shhhhh!”Beth said,”They’ll hear you”then she saw that his nose was bleeding,”Oh no”she said as he tilted his head back,”No…don’t tilt it back. You can choke on it, lean forward”she said as she got a hankie out of her purse and applied pressure to his nose

“Its not that bad”Gabriel said,”I just…..I cant believe the nerve of that guy, are you alright?”he asked her

Beth shook her head and pouted,”No…he was very…forward with me. He said mean things”she lied,”He was coming on to me”she said and Gabriel hugged her and it felt so good to be in his arms! “Thank you Gabriel. You saved me”she said

“No problem. That’s why Im here”he said. Literally…He tilted her face to his. “He didn’t touch you did he?”he asked. She shook her head. “Good”he said and then she kissed him. For a second, he almost lost himself but then he remembered who he was kissing. He pushed her away,”Fuck! Beth, what the fuck!?”

“Whats wrong with me Gabriel? Why cant you just give me a chance!? Robin gave Mary Ann a chance-“

“Shit, how did you know?”

“She tells me everything”

“It doesn’t make it right”

“WHY NOT!? Whats wrong with me! Im pretty damn good looking, did you see how many men were looking at me?”

“Then go after them! Why me? They are looking at you because your dressed just like a girl whos only looking for trouble. Your dressed just like Mary Ann, tight dresses and high heels-“

“WHATS WRONG WITH ME? WHY CANT YOU JUST SEE? YOU COULD FALL IN LOVE WITH ME?!”

“That’s not going to happen Beth. I love my wife. Understand? I have three children. Understand? I don’t cheat. Understand?”

“I hate you!”she shouted at him

“I hate you too!”Gabriel said.”I hate this person your pretending to be right now. Beth wouldn’t dress like that. Beth wouldn’t smoke or throw herself at men or start a fight at this dance. Beth wouldn’t try to convince me to cheat on my wife! Who are you?! I expected this from Mary Ann…but not you…”he shook his head,”I thought you were my friend”

“I cant be friends with you. I need something more”

“Then we cant be friends. I have nothing more to give”Gabriel said and walked off.

Beth stood there and started to cry as she sank to her knees. Her feet were killing her and she could barely breathe in this dress. She was probably going to get lung cancer from all the cigarettes she smoked, she was going to have such a hangover from all the beers. They had a connection, why couldn’t he see it?

“Beth?”she heard someone ask her. She looked up and saw Bobby. She didn’t even know he was here tonight. “Are you alright?”he asked as he knelt beside her and she hugged him close to her, not caring anymore. “Shhh….its alright”he said as he smoothed down her hair and even kissed her forehead. He was so soothing. She looked into his eyes and then pulled him toward her and kissed him. “Beth?”Bobby asked in surprise.

“Lets go somewhere, take me away from here”she said. The fight was still going on inside. She got up and took his hand and he led her to the car. Things were blurry after that. Then all of a sudden she was in a small room,”Where are we?”

“My place”he said.”Unless you want me to take yer home? You said it was alright. You said you didn’t want to go home”he said innocently to her. He just wanted to take care of her. He heard the fight she had with Gabriel. Gabriel was a fool for not giving her a chance. But he was married after all…. He just wished that she had that fight with him.

“No Im alright”she said as she looked around the dark room and he lit a candle. She stumbled a little and he was there to catch her,”Thank you. How is it that your always around?”

“I don’t know”he replied, not knowing how to answer a question like that. But then her lips were on his again. The kiss was great, wonderful, everything he ever dreamed when it came to kissing Beth and what it would be like. Well, except for the fact that she tasted like beer and cigarettes but that was alright with him. She was still perfect to him. Has been since grade school.

She then broke the kiss and backed away from him, smiling. What was really wrong with Bobby anyway? Besides the hygiene problem in school but he fixed that. He had really big ears and lots of freckles and loud, curly red hair. He always showed her affection. Was always around even when she didn’t want him to be. He loved her. She could fall in love with him. She really needed someone to hold her right now, someone to not be a big brother for once. She took off her heels, then she slowly took off her dress and she stood before him in a teddy and stockings.

“You sure you wanna do this Beth?”Bobby asked her

She nodded, sure why not? No one else loved her as much as he did. He was right here. She was right here. “Do you not want to?”she asked him

“No, no I do, you just had a lot to drink. I don’t want you to regret doing this with me. I know you don’t like me very much. I don’t want to take advantage of you”

Beth smiled and laughed a little,”Oh Bobby your so good to me. I know you wont take advantage of me. I know you. Im not drunk I was just a little upset before”she said. “I know what I want. I want to be loved. Love me?”she asked him as she took off her teddy and stood naked before him.

Bobby gasped as he saw her lithe naked body before him. That tight dress didn’t lie. She had great curves, breasts, he then looked lower and then looked away. Not wanting to be a pervert. He took off his shirt, pants and shoes. Beth was surprised to see that this skinny and lanky boy had a little bit of muscle on him. He started to kiss her gently and led her to his small, wooden bed. “I want this to be perfect for you Beth. We cant be too loud. My folks will hear”

“I’ll be quiet”Beth said getting impatient. Just make love to me already!, she wanted to shout.

“Ive never done this before Beth-“

“I haven’t either”she said quickly and honestly,”But how hard can it be?”she said as she pulled him down on top of her. He was so nervous that the moment he dreamed of was here. They had a little trouble at first finding each other but when they did Beth was surprised at the pain she felt and then the pleasure that came after. All inhibitions were gone and they went for a ride. Both of them got a little loud and forgot about his folks. They were only in the here and now. This was something they both wanted and no one was going to take it from them. And when it was over, she laid close to him and wrapped her arms around him as he laid the quilt his mother made on top of them.

“I love you Beth. I always have”Bobby said to her. But she was already fast asleep.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

“She was with who?”Mary Ann asked in shock as she looked at Gabriel

“I saw her leave with Bobby”Gabriel grumbled

“Why did you let her leave with him?”she asked with a look of disdain

“Well she sure as hell aint leaving with me, I’ll tell you that”he said angrily

“What did you say to her?”Mary Ann accused him,”She must have been out of her mind crazy and confused if she left with Bobby”

“What did I say to her? What did you do to her Mary Ann! She was already acting wild and crazy, trying to convince me to give her a chance when Im married. Stop giving her reasons to come on to me, Mary Ann, because its never going to happen”he said and then he looked at Robin,”This is all your fault. I told you this was going to happen”he said as he walked away from them

“Gabe! Gabriel, come on man, where you going? We gotta find Beth”Robin called after him

“Then go find her, but Im not helping. Shes not who I thought she was. She aint innocent, pure, a good friend. Go and look for her. I have a feeling she doesn’t want to be found and I don’t give a damn”he said to them and walked off. He walked off for about half a mile when a truck pulled over and asked if he needed a ride.”Im at the McNamara farm”he explained to him and the man nodded. Everyone knew McNamara. Everyone knew everybody round here.

By the time he got to the farm he could see several cars. McNamara’s truck, Mary Ann’s car and Bobby’s. He could see Bobby, Mary Ann and Sue helping Beth into the house and Bobby leaving shortly after. He snuck past him and walked into the barn, stepping carefully so to not wake the horses. He climbed the ladder and went toward his bed and laid down. He took off his boots and wrapped himself in the quilt that Salomi had made him. The smell of her was fading and it made him sad. He took their wedding picture out of his wallet and kissed it. “Im sorry Salomi”he said to her. He put the picture back in his pocket and soon fell asleep.

*________________________________*