Never knew I Needed by Sade
Summary:

 

Natasha Roberts is a paediatrician with a healing touch and warm smile at 30 years of age, she is a beautiful woman with a broken spirit which she keeps hidden. When with her group of friends she is the listner, understander and the one her friends depend on for all the answers. Her secret is she that is unable to have children which is the reason her ex-husband gave her for their divorce, she lives to heal children even if it reminds her of what she can never have.

Angelo Luciano Salvatore is a mob boss and the head of the Salvatore Crime Family. He likes to think of himself as a business man when most would call him a ruthless bastard. The day his wife died he become a heartless shell who begins to neglect his son turning to his business for comfort. Until his son is taken to the hospital for a simple check up and is found to have the very disease that killed his mother Polycystic kidney disease. which in time would have killed him if not for Natasha who falls in love with the Christopher’s loving soul and finds herself as a match to donate one of her own kidneys to save his life. When Angelo meets Natasha he is cold and hurtful , Natasha in turn gives him a piece of her mind. Hands on her hips her eyes spitting fire she tells him off then walks away leaving Angelo to reflect on her words and the beautiful woman that Saved his son and made him whole once again.

 (The Banner is a temp until I can make something better. I just wanted to give the reader an idea of the characters I have in mind.)


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Comedy , Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Extreme Language, Fluff, Graphic Violence, Original Characters, Sexual Content , Strong Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4521 Read: 11994 Published: June 14 2010 Updated: November 19 2013
Story Notes:
Something new. Hope you ladies enjoy.

1. Chapter 1 by Sade

2. Chapter 2 by Sade

3. Chapter 3 by Sade

4. Chapter 4 by Sade

Chapter 1 by Sade
Author's Notes:
A story that wouldnt let me rest until I got it out on paper.

“Why would you help a kid that wasn’t yours? What do you want from me lady?”

Natasha closed her eyes and tried to count to ten while taking deep calming breaths like the therapist taught her to do.

“Hey lady I’m talking to you.”

Angelo was not surprised when her beautiful brown eyes snapped open to glare at him, if looks could kill his body would be riddled with bullet holes.

“First of all My name is Natasha not lady and secondly I don’t want anything from you… Mr. Salvatore.”

Angelo was impressed.

The woman stood her ground when most sane people would cower in fear of him. She had said his last name like it was a curse but damn did it sound sexy as hell coming out of her mouth.

Before Angelo could say another word she turned on her heels and brusquely walked away, Leaving a stunned Angelo to watch her hips sway.

Natasha walked into the room that housed her favourite patient.

“Good afternoon Christopher how are you feeling today?”

Christopher beamed up at her.

“I’m doing good. I feel much better and my dad says I can go home today.”

Natasha frowned.

“He did, did he?”

Christopher nodded enthusiastically at her.

Natasha smiled at the child but she was livid. How on earth did his father expect him to go home at such a critical time in the young boys recovery.

Checking his chart for a moment Natasha’s mind drifted back to the week before when she met Christopher for a routine check-up that morphed into the discovery of a life threatening disease.

She and Christopher shared a bond from the moment she met him. So when she discovered that he needed a kidney since both of his were to be removed, she looked into donating hers and thankfully it was a match. she dreaded watching Christopher’s health decline as he waited for a donor on a transplant waiting list which could have taken years.

“Well I’m glad you are feeling better, wouldn’t want anything to happen to my favourite patient.”

Christopher smiled at her words, then looking up at the door he noticed his father standing in the doorway.

“Hey dad I was just telling Ms. Roberts that I am going home today.”

Angelo nodded at his son. Silently watching Natasha purposefully ignoring his presence.

She took his blood pressure, checked his reflexes and called in a lab tech to run a few tests before bidding Christopher goodbye.

As she exited the room Angelo followed her out.

“Mr. Salvatore, your son will not be leaving the hospital tonight. He may be feeling better but he still needs to be here so that if something happens he has the best care available 24/7.”

Angelo arched his brow at her.

“Well Doctor Roberts I have already taken care of everything, my son and I will be leaving this hospital in an hour or 2 and you will be going with us.”

It was Natasha’s turn to arch her brow at him.

“Well Mr. Salvatore you must be sadly mistaken because I have a late shift tonight, my boss would never agree to this and you must be out of your ever loving mind for thinking you could just take me away from my job.”

Natasha’s hands were on her ample hips and her eyes were ablaze with anger.

“You are to come to my home and take care of Christopher until he is better. Your boss and I have an understanding, so don’t even try going to her for any help.”

Natasha rolled her eyes. She should have known her boss would sell her out. Felicia was a great administrator but the women was a sucker for a fine man with a sexy accent.

“Well Mr. Salvatore…”

Before she could continue Angelo held a hand in the air stopping her from speaking further.

“Id like to think of us as beyond that formality, you may call me Angelo.”

Natasha huffed at his condescending tone, this man was so used to getting his way she bet he hadn’t heard the word “no” in his entire life.

“Well Mr. Salvatore you can not bully me into coming to your home, I have other patients that need me here at the hospital. I will not abandon them.”

Angelo admired her assertive attitude and the love for her patients were evident in every action. He would bet his last dime she didn’t even know that she stomped her foot when she told him off.

“Your other patients will be taken care of, the other paediatrician will be filling in for you. ”

“Dr. Mitchell has been on vacation for three weeks and he has another three to go before he is expected to be back at the hospital.”

Angelo smiled at her.

“He is in your office waiting to relieve you of your duties, you have no excuses Natasha.”

The way he said her name caused her to shiver slightly. Damn this man was a walking, talking, anger inducing wet dream.

“You had no right to do this, I am quite capable of taking care of my patients Mr. Salvatore.”

Natasha turned on her heel stomping away from Angelo walking with a purpose to her office where she knew the other thorn in her side would be waiting to stick it to her one more time.

Richard would use this as yet another way to undermine her.

When she took the position as chief paediatrician at the hospital two years ago he seemed to think she was his enemy and would do anything in his power to cause trouble for Natasha.

She stood at the door and took a deep calming breath not even noticing that Angelo had followed her and was watching her every move.

When Natasha stepped into her office Richard was sitting behind her desk with his feet propped up in front of him.

“Well, well, well…I was called back to work half way through my vacation because you need to do a house call. How pitiful is that Natasha? You are the chief paediatrician here and you cant handle a little house call and the patients you have here…I told the board you weren’t the most competent candidate for the position.”

Angelo stood behind her the entire time the worthless and obviously jealous male spoke. Angelo never felt himself stepping forward his fists clenched at his side until he looked up and saw Howard’s wide eyes which shone with recognition.

“Dr. Mitchell this is Angelo Salvatore. He is the father of the patient whom I will be doing the house call for.”

Richard almost tripped over himself to stand and stick his hand out to Angelo who just stared silently at the man. After a minute of holding his hand out Richard withdrew his hand.

“Its great to meet you Mr. Salvatore, You have done so much for the hospital. Your donations to the ICU have been a great help we really appreciate it. Doctor Roberts has patients to take care of here so I offer my services to you.”

Angelo noticed the man could not meet his eyes. Like a dog he smelled the mans fear and it made him extremely proud of his reputation as a soulless bastard.

“Dick, May I call you Dick? I’d like to make it very clear why I chose Natasha as the paediatrician for my son. She is the best doctor in the country and I only deal with the best, I will not have some second rate wannabe breathing the same air as my son let alone taking care of him so if you will excuse us, Doctor Roberts and I have some private matters to discuss. Please close the door on your way out.”

Natasha waited until Richard left the room before she dropped into the chair behind her desk threw her head back and began to laugh.

Angelo noticed this was the first time she let her guard down around him and she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

End Notes:
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did writing it. Sorry for the mistakes.
Chapter 2 by Sade
Author's Notes:

Yay another Update done. I hope you enjoy! Please excuse any mistakes.

 

 

Natasha was livid, not an hour after being told she would be responsible for seeing to the at home care of Christopher Salvatore. She was ushered into a huge gas guzzling, environmental killing black hummer, her modest Volkswagen jetta was left at the hospital because Master Salvatore didn’t think she could be trusted to pack her clothing and make it to his home in a timely fashion and in 1 piece without his help.

Natasha sighs dramatically. She was stick in the back seat with Angelo as Christopher called shot gun taking the front seat. She gave Angelo a glare as he sat to her right with his signature blank poker face, a pair of expensive looking sunglasses perched on his nose.

She was not surprised in the least when the driver pulled into the driveway of her modest home. She didn’t tell him the directions which meant they knew more about her than was legal. As she exited the car she was shocked to find another black hummer pulling to the curb in front of her home, 2 burly tattoo covered guys obviously Angelo’s men hopping out and flanking their boss as he stood next to her with Christopher who needed to use the bathroom urgently.

As she opened the door her dog Shadow came bounding toward them. Having adopted Shadow from the local pound after he was rescued from a puppy mill, she was surprised the normally standoffish dog ran past her straight to Angelo, the tiny

Chihuahua dancing around his legs. Jumping up and down around him

 

“Shadow! No, come.”

She was shocked when one of the bodyguards made a threatening step towards the dog and Angelo snapped out a command in fluent Italian, the man stopped mid stride and froze before taking a step back.

“Yay Shadow is coming to live with us!”

Christopher laughs as the little dog follows a stone faced Angelo deeper into the house as Natasha leads Christopher to the bathroom where one of Angelo’s men stands guard outside the door. She turns to walk into her bedroom before noticing she was being followed by Angelo, one of his goons and Shadow who seemed glued to Angelo’s heels.

Natasha stood outside her door, turning to Angelo she gives him a reproachful look before entering the room and closing the door behind her. Not a second later Angelo opens the door closing it behind him not before shadow slid inside.

“Mr. Salvatore, I closed the door for a reason. ”

“I thought we were past the formalities of last names Natasha.” The way he said her name made her hotter than she cared to admit.

“A gentleman would never walk into a ladies bedroom uninvited.” She tried a different approach.

For the first time in a while Angelo, wanted to laugh. He was many things but a gentleman wasn’t one of them. He arched his eyebrow at her as if to say “I never claimed to be one.”

She sighs defeated. “Fine.” She mumbles and he could swear he heard a quiet “asshole” mumbled under her breath.

She took a set of suitcases and packed as much into them as she could. Everything from clothing to books, medical gear and even a yoga mat and candles. Knowing she would need to meditate and center herself to keep from kicking his ass.

They left her home an hour later, Shadow took up residence on Christopher’s lap but continued to watch Angelo over the boys shoulder. He barely gave Natasha a glance she looked his way and mouthed “Traitor ” at him.

z88;

They drove for an hour and during the ride Christopher chatted none stop to Natasha who answered the endless questions the child had about her life and career. They came to a very upscale neighbourhood drove through a security checkpoint to the end of the block where they drove through another security checkpoint and up a long drive way to one of the largest homes Natasha had ever seen.

The

Salvatore estate was a site to behold, it looked like something plucked from an episode of the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Natasha walked up the steps with Christopher and Angelo as her bags were brought in by his men.

Christopher held Shadow as the staff lined up for introductions. There must have been at least 20 people that stated their names and job title, all welcoming her and though some looked surprised to see a guest they all seemed like nice people.

“Natasha Ill show you around.”

Christopher dragged her from room to room, The house was even more amazing from the inside, there were 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a huge dining room which looked unused, an indoor pool, gym , arcade and theatre, complete with popcorn machine. They were all nice but the library took her breath away.

There was one door Christopher didn’t open. “This is my dads office, we aren’t allowed to go in there.”

Natasha nodded.

Just as the tour concluded Angelo met them at the door of the room that was to be hers during her stay.

Christopher in turn went to get something he wanted to show Natasha, rushing off with a happy Shadow in his arms. Leaving Natasha and Angelo standing before the door to the room she would be staying in.

Opening the door she leaves it open and he steps in behind her closing the door with an echoing click.

“Your personal bathroom is to your left. Those French doors lead out to the balcony.” he points to the bathroom then to the French doors.

“Where does the door to the right lead?” She asks.

“It joins this room to the master bedroom, feel free to come and say hello anytime. The door is locked from your side so it will be your choice when you come to me.”

Natasha turns to him quickly not noticing how close he was behind her and she turns directly into his chest. Looking up at him she forgets what she was going to say her mouth opens slightly and being a man to never let an opportunity slip through his fingers Angelo kisses her.

End Notes:

Please review. I hope you enjoyed the Update.

Chapter 3 by Sade
Author's Notes:

:3

 

Angelo was in full control of the kiss, Natasha’s soft lips opened under his assault and he took the chance to explore her mouth, as his tongue touched hers she melted against him, her arms wrapping themselves around his neck pulling him closer. When they needed air, Natasha seemed to snap out of a trance, eyes wide she touched her fingers to her lip.

 

“I..I need to uh…check on Christopher.”

 

She turned on her heel before he could answer, marching down the hallway towards his sons bedroom. 

 

Angelo watched her go for a moment then rubbed his hand over his face a second before licking his lips and smirking. The minx had nipped his lip, but he could taste her and wanted more.

 

His phone buzzed the vibrations seemed to bring him out of his daydreams of Natasha. 

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Boss the shipment came in and they are asking where to stash the stuff.”

 

“The warehouse on 21st is empty, stash it there until tomorrow. I’m coming down there later to make sure the product is what I ordered.”

 

“Okay Boss.”

 

“I need to look at the books tomorrow, it looks like we have a problem with one of the casinos. I don’t need to tell you how pissed off I will be if the money cant be found.”

 

Gino swallowed, he had never actually seen his boss angry but had heard stories from the other guys who talked about people going missing and never being found. They spoke of Angelo ordering hits on over 100 men and in his youth carrying out hits for his father.

 

“Make sure the office is in order when I get there.”

 

“Yes Sir.”

 

Angelo called his second in command and they spoke for a few minutes about the businesses and new ventures, he then told Leo to meet him later that night  to talk about things further and as he ended the call he looked down to find shadow sitting at his feet. He was not fond of little ankle biter dogs but some how the little twerp was growing on him.

 

“Your owner is really something isn’t she.”

 

Shadow just stood up and walked around in a circle before sitting down again. Angelo shook his head at the dog before walking from the room and of course Shadow followed him. Angelo followed the sound of excited voice and was lead to the kitchen where Christopher and Natasha were up to something.

 

“What’s going on in here.”

 

He was pleased when his voice stopped her in her tracks, she gave him a look before going back to doing what she was doing.

 

“We are making dinner dad.”

 

Christopher sat at the counter as Natasha chopped tomatoes and onions adding them to the pan. She completely ignored him as he asked what they were making.

 

“Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic toast.”

 

Christopher was in heaven those were his favourites, he looked up knowingly at his dad. It was also Angelo’s favourite as well and everything smelled delicious.

 

“We have a housekeeper that makes dinner.”

 

“I told her that dad, but she said she doesn’t want to be idle or bored.”

 

“I’m making Christopher’s favourite and now its Time for the secret ingredient.”

 

That was the first time she spoke to him since fleeing from the room and he almost laughed out loud as she avoided eye contact with him as she turned to look at Christopher who moved over to the pot and added what looked like cyan powder to the sizzling pan.

 

“And voila dinner is ready.”

 

She stepped away from the stove and washed her hands and Christopher followed her lead. They both looked over at Angelo.

 

“Dad, come and wash your hands with us.”

 

Natasha gave a slight sigh, moving over so he could come and wash his hands, he grinned using the opportunity and close proximity to her to accidentally touch her arm then pretended not to notice the scathing looks the threw his way. 

 

They dried their hands and sat down for a surprisingly amazing dinner. Angelo usually took dinner where ever he was and never in the formal dining room with Christopher and his son was excited to have his fathers attention. They ate and talk about random things, Natasha was comfortable enough to tell them about her life which make Angelo happier than he would admit. After dinner Angelo surprised Natasha by collecting and cleaning the dishes. She looked like a fish out of water her lips moving but no sound coming out. She obviously saw him as a lazy asshole and he loved showing her different.

 

Christopher and Natasha decided to play a little monopoly after dinner, Angelo was the master of monopoly the real life version of buying and selling real-estate for profit to launder money from other avenues of his businesses so he didn’t doubt at all his prowess at the game yet 2 hours later Natasha had left both he and Christopher with a dollar each but took his dignity as she won the game.  As Christopher put the game away she boldly whispered.

 

“Some businessman you are.”

 

Just as he opened his mouth to answer Christopher  re-entered the room Shadow in tow. The dog curled his little body at Angelo’s feet and yelped to be held and to Natasha’s surprise Angelo accommodated the dog.  Natasha watched in awe as her dog lapped up the attentions of the city’s most powerful mobster. Natasha and Christopher laughed and talked as he set shadow on the chair beside him and checked his watch for the time. 

 

“I have some business downtown I wont be home until late tonight. Maria will get Christopher ready for bed.”

 

Natasha caught herself before she waved goodbye to him, she had an idea of what he would be up too tonight but wouldn’t let her imagination run wild. As he stepped past her he rubbed his hand over her side causing a girlish squeal to escape her lips. Christopher and Shadow seemed to look around wondering where the sound came from and Angelo just kept on walking away his roguish smirk in place.

 

Natasha was livid Angelo was an  infuriating, pigheaded, bossy man but he was also sexy as hell her coochie added her whole body agreed. It was 1am and she couldn’t sleep and it was all his fault. She kept thinking back to the kiss and no amount of brushing her teeth would help her forget his taste. Peppermint and sin, that was what he tasted like. She decided to read until she fell asleep and was just getting to the good part of her Shiree McCarver romance novel when she heard the unmistakable clicking of Italian loafers on marble floors, the sound stopped just outside her door with her heart beating 100 miles a minute she looked towards the door as the knob turned.


 

End Notes:

:> Please Review.

Chapter 4 by Sade

“You must want something pretty bad, to come into a lady's bedroom so late at night.”

 

He stood in the door way dressed in a suit that was made and molded to his amazing body staring at her without speaking. He steps into the room and closes the door behind him.

 

“Good evening, Natasha.’”

 

The way he said her name made her shiver, remembering when he kissed her. This mans voice alone was lethal.

 

“Hello?”

 

Jolting back to the present, she cleared her throat, forcing her eyes to see past his searching look.

 

“What do you want…” she trailed off, as he stepped closer to the bed where she stood in her robe.

 

“I think you know what I want Natasha” he said smirking slightly.

 

“I have no idea what you're referring too Mr.Salvatore” 

 

“I should apologize for how I treated you earlier tonight, but I wont because I plan to do more than that.”

 

 

“Really?” she crossed her arms over her chest, drawing his attention away from her beautiful face and to her bountiful breasts.

 

“Don’t,” he said curtly. “don't cross your arms over your....Just don't do that.”

 

Everything in her wanted to defy him. She unfolded her arms but glared at him.

 

“Get out of my room please Mr Salvatore” Natasha demanded, standing straight. “Please…”

 

 

He took one step forward, towards her then another and another.

 

“Just once more” he whispered, more to himself than to her just before his lips descended upon hers. 

 

Natasha pulled away from the kiss, turning away from him and his sinful kisses.

 

“You've lost your mind. I'm your sons doctor nothing more.”

 

But there was a waver in her voice, one that told Angelo that she was as attracted to him as he was to her. They stood eyes locked just breathing.

 

“Angelo, we cant…”

 

He did not flinch, nor move. Part of her was screaming to escape before it went any further, but her heart and body easily overtook her mind.

 

“We really cant…” Her voice was a begging plea, even as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

“Just once more,” she whispered, against his mouth.

 

“Once more and you must walk away.”

 

“No, I won’t. We aren't the “walkin’ away” types.”

 

He leaned closer, enveloping her in a searing kiss. His hands slid around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She could taste the mint of his toothpaste and the smoke of his cigar when his tongue slid past her lips.

 

Angelo lifted her feet from the floor completely. He took two steps as she wrapped her legs about his waist. He felt so good.

 

He pressed her into the mattress, letting her hands flutter down his chest as their kiss broke when air became necessity. 

 

Angelo make quick work of the buttons of her top slipping each through its hole without fumbling. Her hands glided over the hard muscle of his covered chest wanting to memorize every inch of him. 

 

She gasped when his mouth latched onto the flesh of her throat, his teeth grazing her pulse point.

 

“Slow,” he growled. “I’m gonna take it real slow.”

 

Sighing, Natasha watched him as gaze swept downward, lingering over her newly revealed body. He licked his lips when his eyes found the swells of her breasts.

 

“Im going to savor this,” he went on, both hands finding purchase on her thighs. “So you’ll feel me long after I’m gone.”

 

 She whimpered under his touch. They were so caught up in their moment that they didn't hear the tiny footsteps of Christopher until he stood outside the door.

 

“Ms. Roberts...” He whispered softly before knocking.

 

Natasha looked up at Angelo who was poised over her.

 

“Is my dad in there with you”

 

She could die of embarrassment in that moment. Quickly taking charge she pushed Angelo who wouldn't budge initially until she looked directly into his eyes and whispered through gritted teeth.

 

“Please move.” As he slipped from the bed fixing her nighty Natasha stood and looked around the room for a place for him to hide.

 

“Get into the closet!”

 

“What?” He asked, brow arched.

 

“I said, get into the closet.” She put one hand on her hip and pointed with the other towards the closet.

 

Angelo smirked but listened to her. 

 

She waited a beat before opening the door to Christopher.

 

“Hey.” She asked as calmly as she could.

 

“Is my dad here with you?” Christopher asked, looking around.

 

“Why would you ask that?” Natasha asked nervously.

 

“Antonio said my dad was coming this way.”

 

“No I havent seen your dad, Is there a way I can help you?”

 

“My dad usually spends time with me before I go to sleep.”

 

“Ill be there is a few minutes Christopher, I need to finish my conversation with Natasha.” Angelo stepped close to Natasha.

 

“Okay Dad, goodnight Dr. Roberts.” Christopher said with a smile before leaving the bedroom.

 

Natasha turned to him, glaring.

 

“I am extremely embarassed.”

 

“Why?” Angelo asked with a devilish smirk on his face.

 

“You know what...just get out of my room!” She shot daggers at him with her eyes.

 

“Thats not what you were saying a few minutes ago Natasha.” Angelo stepped close to her invading her personal space.

 

“YOU....OUT” She whispered.

 

Angelo loomed over her but fearlessly Natasha tilted her head looking up at him. His lips moved closer and closer to hers and just before their lips met she heard him whisper.

 

“Goodnight Natasha.”  And he took a step back without kissing her.

 

She stood rooted in the spot he left her as the door closed.

 

“Sexy Bastard” She whispered into the darkness.


End Notes:

Thank you for reading.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=1129