The Peasant and the Prince by nikki
Summary:

stories/1215/images/The_Peasent_and_the_Prince.png

There is nothing like the love of a man for a woman, of a child for its parents. But it’s those that are willing to risk everything for this love that survives. Will a prince waiting to inherit the kingdom let himself fall for a peasant or will he marry someone he doesn’t love for the sake of his kingdom? “You can sacrifice and not love. But you cannot love and not sacrifice.” – Kris Vallotton


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Drama, Family, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: Male/Female
Warnings: Adult Situations, Original Characters, Sexual Content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 9247 Read: 8704 Published: March 19 2012 Updated: November 05 2013

1. Characters by nikki

2. Chapter 1 by nikki

3. Chapter 2 by nikki

4. Chapter 3 by nikki

5. Temporary Hiatus by nikki

6. Chapter 4 by nikki

Characters by nikki
Author's Notes:

Im still writing Lotus Flower Bomb but this story has been in my head for a while. Depending on the response it gets I will or won't continue writing this story. If you like it the chapters won't be posted until half way through so you won't be waiting long for updates.

stories/1215/images/other_resize.png


Isabel




stories/1215/images/Untitled-resize.png


Joseph




End Notes:

There's more to be added on later

Chapter 1 by nikki

I walk gingerly on the gravel ground in my thin copper colored loafers to match my sand colored dress. I smile warmly in greeting to the other villagers who as well decided to make their daily trip to the market. It’s a glorious day I think breathing in the air that smells of baking bread and pastries from the bakery and stands nearby. I swing my basket full of goods as I look around deciding what else to buy today. I live alone in a small home with no other mouths to feed except my own.

There are stands all around selling fruits, vegetables and all types of goods. A minister stands on top of a wooden stand screaming words of sinners and perishing to hell. His screaming used to scare me when I was a child but not anymore. People surround him cheering and clapping at his harsh words.

Some men stare at my body whilst yelling cat calls to get my attention but I only tremble in disgust pulling my shawl tighter over my body and walk faster to get away from those beasts.

I stop at a stand selling jewels, jewelry, head coverings, and clothing. A satin tangerine scarf catches my eye. It’s the most beautiful scarf I've ever seen in all my days. I reach down slowly almost as if afraid to touch it. I pick it up every so lightly and run my hand over the texture. Its smooth, cool and of rich quality, something I could only dream of owning. Rubbing it softness over my arm I smile in delight at the feel of something so... so well delightful I guess.

“Beautiful isn’t it” I hear a women say in front of me. Looking up at her I smile and place the scarf back down on the table. “Yes extraordinarily so” I answer glancing back down at the scarf I wanted so badly.

“It was just imported from Spain you know...very rare do we get them”. She says with excitement.

“Yes very rare and usually only the rich can buy them and that I am not”. I answer laughing.

“How much are you selling it for?” I ask the older women hoping and praying it’s a low price.

“Fifty coins” she says.

Fifty coins! That’s way more than I have; I only receive eight coins in pay working at the palace. I sigh shaking my head at the price. The women smiles sadly knowing I cannot afford the rare scarf. I walk away to finish my shopping then return home in melancholy still upset about the scarf I could not buy. If only one day could I afford something so spectacular but I am only a peasant girl.

When I arrive at my modest cottage I set my basket on the stool by the door. Walking over to the wooden bath bowl I fill it with cool water and take a cloth dipping it in the water to wash my face free of the sweat from the suns burning rays of heat. When finished I pat my skin dry with another cloth. I look around my cottage and smile. It may be small but it’s my home and a place other servants could only dream of having. I'm not one to gloat and I would never think myself better than anyone but I am truly honored and grateful for King Henry’s compassion. The man saved me from a life of slavery and constantly having to worry about who might choose to take my body again that night or who may kill me out of vengeance for another they could not find.

Going to sleep that night I wonder as I often do why did the King save me out of all people what did he see in me. Then as always my thoughts turn to the handsome prince Joseph that I instantly feel in love with. Knowing that I could never be good enough for him I feel asleep once again with my head laying on a wet pillow.

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈
I had just finish bathing when I heard a knock at my chamber door. “Who is it” I called out in a hoarse voice from hours of going without an ounce of sleep and pulling on a pair of silk pants to sleep in. “It’s a fair madden come to still the prince’s heart” a voice calls back in a horrid imitation of a female voice. I shake my head at my best friend’s antics and smile. “What is it you want you big brute” I ask still not opening the chamber door.

“Oh just to see what my best friend the mighty prince is doing this fine evening”. Simon answers sarcastically after opening my chamber doors only to just stand there with his legs slightly spread. I can hear a familiar giggling coming from down the hall and panic. I quickly pull Simon into the room and hurriedly close the doors.

“Are you mad man” I whisper harshly to Simon with my ear pressed against the door to make sure the house maid that’s been literally stalking me has passed by. I turn and lean against the doors closing my eyes and breathing a sigh of relief. When I open my eyes I see Simon staring at me with an amused smirk on his face.

He shakes his head and gives a laugh at my behavior. “May I ask what that was about” he asks throwing his body across my bed.

I shake my head and rest it against the cool oak wood of my chamber doors and respond. “I know that annoying giggle anywhere. It’s that house maid that keeps trying to sneak into my bed. Every time she sees me she has to touch me.”

“When has having a beautiful lady all over you ever been a problem”. He asks truly confused.

“Who said she was beautiful, that woman looks like an ogre, and even if she was beautiful she is everywhere, she just pops up out of nowhere I'm beginning to fear for my life” I say with a sigh. I've never had to deal with a crazier person in my life than this woman.

Simon gets up off my bed and walks around picking up my things knowing it annoys me every time he does it. “Why don’t you just fire her or something?”

I walk over to my bed and sit at the edge. “Father hired her so I can’t just very well fire the woman without probable cause since father is so caring and giving always trying to extend a helping hand.”

Simon turns to me and laughs. “Oh I forgot about our compassionate King. Remember when he found that slave girl and gave her a job as a house servant here.” He doubles over in laughter. “The man gave her a cottage and coins so she could go to market to buy food and such. It was absolutely ridicules in my opinion but anyways I have to get going say hello to your mistress for me.” He says walking out my bedroom doors.

I roll my eyes and prepare myself for a deep much needed slumber. As I pull my silk sheets over my body I fall asleep thinking about the beautiful peasant named Isabel my father saved and I fell for but she probably would never accept me for me and just want me because I'm the prince. Even if I was to consider dating courting her, my father would never approve. As generous as my father may be even he has his limits and I courting and then marrying a peasant would be a royal disgrace upon my family. That’s a burden I could not stand to bear.

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈
I woke up before the suns raise automatically, my body adjusted to my daily routine. After stretching my arms above my head and arching my back like I've seen many cats do on the village streets I slowly climb out of bed. My feet land on the cold wood floor as I look around. When I finish my wash I put on my clothes including my hooded cape. After grabbing an apple for my daily trip to the palace I walk outside to my horse Liza.

“Wonderful morning isn’t it girl” I say while brushing her mane, her only response being a low nay. Looking around the quiet village I hurriedly mount Liza and she begins are long journey to the palace on instinct. My foot lightly taps her side and she begins to gallop down the pathway. Once we arrive I dismount Liza and take her to the horse shed where all the other horses will keep my company till my work for the day is done.

As I walk out the horse shed I see the prince in his jostling attire. I look down at my plain dress and quickly brush my hands down the front trying to straighten it out best I can. I then try to smoothen back my thick curly hair unsuccessfully. Once he finally approaches I cast my head down and give a soft “Good morning sire”.

His shadow covers my petite body and I have to stop myself from looking up into his golden beautiful face. “Good morning and how are you on this fine day” His deep voice asks. Just the sound of his voice and his manly fresh wood pine smell sends shivers down my spine.

“I'm well sire” I ask finally allowing my eyes to look up into his own. My body goes still and I find it hard to breathe.
“I was just on my way to my jostling practice” He says walking up to his horse. I watch him quickly mount it like an expert.
“Oh well I better get to work before your father has my head”. I say in a joking manor.
He laughs a beautiful deep manly laugh. “The old man wouldn’t hurt a fly plus he happens to care for you like his own”. I smile at that. I’ve always wished the King were my father. He was the first person to endow kindness upon me without intention since the death of my parents.
“He is very kind, the best in all the nations”. I state proudly. “No King compares to him not a soul would dare challenge him.”
He rides his horse in circles around me with a smirk on his face. “You speak so highly of my father. Do you mind me asking why?”
“Not at all, your father does more than anyone has ever done for me and I'm forever grateful. He rules over this land without fault and has not brought us trouble. I can live here in peace knowing he’s the King”
“So you don’t speak highly of him so you can perhaps be gifted something like money or jewels”
“Those things mean nothing to me; they are not valuable in my eyes”
“And what is valuable in your eyes fair maiden “He asks stopping his horse in front of me.
“What you cannot buy sire, that is valuable to me” I answer in a dream like voice.
“And what is there in the world that you cannot buy”. He asks curiously.
“Well there are many things like trust, respect, happiness, true friendship, the love of a husband for his wife, and most important of them all, the love of a child for its mother and father.” He looks at me for what seems a century before he pulls at the reins of his horse and gallops away.

I watch him ride away until he is completely out of my line of vision. He must think I'm some child in a dream world. I shake my head and walk to the castle to get started on my work.



End Notes:

So what do you think please be honest. Any errors?

Chapter 2 by nikki
Author's Notes:

Well i decided to put up a new chapter to kind of explain some things. Hope you all like it. :-)

Five years ago
I could hear the door creak open my stomach turning over in flips at the stench of alcohol. I knew it was another one come to take one of us women to use for their pleasure. My body tensed up every night when they would come knowing one day I would be next to have my body defiled my these men. I could hear footsteps coming my way until I felt my self being yanked up. I screamed trying my hardest to get out of his grasp but it was no use for even in his drunkenness his large form over powered my small one. Looking around at the other women I pleaded for the help I knew wouldn’t come. They were just as powerless as me probably even less. Hot tears begin to run down my dirt covered cheeks as I hung my head waiting to be dragged out. I whimper when he pulls my head back by my hair and kisses me with his rough dry lips tasting of alcohol and something else I cannot decipher.

He pulls back with an angry look upon his face. “Shut up” He yells at me followed by a hard slap. My neck snaps sideways at the force of it.
“Wait leave her be, she’s no good and will not satisfy your needs like a real woman can. Take me and I will do whatever you please.” I turn to watch an older woman of about mid thirty age stand up and approach us. I am shocked to say the least because this woman doesn’t know me but is willing to save me by taking my place. She comes to the side of the man and kisses his neck while slowly prying his hands off my body. I move back as he grabs her and leads her out the room but before she leaves she looks back and me and I mouth a tearful thank you. She smiles and nods her head at me before turning away.

The next morning all us women are roused from are slumber by arms grabbing us and pulling us out of the chamber we were kept in. I look around to try and see where they are taking us. We are thrown into a large cage on top of a carriage and stripped of our clothes. Now I am not only mortified but also very confused and frightened. I ask a woman next to me what is going on, where are they taking us.

“Auction” is her only answer back to me. Auction? We are being sold? I begin to panic, there nothing worse than auction. To go to a place much worse than now. The constant fear of knowing I will be violated without question. There will be no one to help me or save me from what is to come.

We travel for three days only being giving water and a piece of stale bread before we finally arrive to the town we will be sold in. Women and men we pass by stare and whisper as we pass with looks of disgust on their faces. I don’t blame them though because we do look horrid. None of us have been giving the privilege to bathe ourselves so not only are we covered in dirt but we smell awful.
We come to a quick stop causing all of us to jerk around and bump into each other. The cage is opened and we are dragged out by our hairs and tossed to the hard ground.

“Get up don’t waste my precious time” A burly voice yells out to us. We all quickly stand as not to be beating for our disobedience or slowness. Walking up to the platform my stomach begins to knot up and I feel a dizzy spell come on but I don’t want to get the others in trouble by passing out so I reluctantly carry on. Once I'm up I look out into the sea of spectators waiting to see what happens. The way I spend the rest of my days lies in the hands of these people and I pray the gods show me mercy. I watch as girl by poor girl is humiliated and sold to the highest bidder and yet still no one has made an offer for me. After all the others are gone I am pushed forward roughly and land on my knees. The crowd laughs and I can only hang my head in shame, humiliation wishing this horrible ordeal end swiftly.

“Is there anyone willing to bid upon this wench” The man who pushed me forward calls out to the people.

“I’ll bid” I hear a male voice yell out. Looking up I see a drunk man stumble forward.

“What is your bid” The man asks him.
“I bid the mud on de bottom of me shoe cause that’s all the wench is worth” He slurs making the crowd erupt in laughter. I cast my head down again hiding the tears spilling down my face.

“She’s not worth that Jack” Another man says walking up to the drunken man and putting his hand upon his shoulder. “As a matter a fact I believe she’s worth far less than that” He says in a mocking voice turning to the crowd bending over in laughter.

“Well if no one’s willing to bid…” The man says dragging me back up off my knees ready to take me back to my dome.

“Wait right there, I’ll bid one hundred gold for her” I strong voice calls out over the crowd. A voice I've never heard before, almost like a booming sound but also like a fatherly voice mighty and strong but kind at the same time. The voice only a King could have but that can’t be not for me. Never would a king bid so high for someone like me or bid at all for that matter. When the King’s palace is in need of a servant then servants are brought to the palace and only the best are chosen. The crowd parts to let the man through, I hear whispers all around. “Is it the King, oh it can’t be” A woman whispers to another. When he reaches the platform he pulls back his hood to reveal his self. Shocked gasps go around the crowd when we see the Kings face come from under the hood.

“King Henry” The man behind me says before kneeling as everyone else follows suit.

“You may stand, all of you” He says to us. When we all stand the crowd takes a step back to give him room. He turns back to the platform and smiles at me causing my breath to catch. His smile is so real and so rare, its big and joyful and gives off the feeling that it can bring up a man in the lowest of spirits. It reminds me of my father’s smile so much it brings tears to my eyes. The King smiled…at me of all people…at me! “I’ve been in need of more help at the palace perhaps a new servant girl” He announces to the man.

“If it’s a new servant you seek King I can go back and bring you our best, surly you don’t want this girl” The man says in a laughing but rushed voice.
“Oh but surly I do, do I not?” The King questions the man daring him to say otherwise.

“Uh…well I just assumed you would want someone…cleaner, better and more….well put together than this one” The man says hesitantly and nervously trying to find the right words to say.
“I told you I wanted her. Are you questioning my judgment?” The King ask tilting his head back and to the side with a raise brow.

“I...I…I apologize your royal majesty I don’t know what came over me you can have her free of charge” He sputters out with his head held down.

“No I will pay just as you made everyone else” The King says while helping me down from the platform. A guard appears almost out of thin air it seems like. “Take her to the carriage I’ll be along shortly” The guard nods his head then escorts me to the King’s carriage.

“It is you duty to take better care of these women, never again do I want my eyes to be cast upon a unclean and improperly handled girl. They may be slaves but they are still human like you and I” I hear the King say to the man.

“Yes your majesty” He responds back. A short while later the King climbs into the carriage and sits across from me. He smiles then asks. “And what may you name be?”

“Isabel your majesty” I answer.
“Ahhh….Isabel….it suits you beautifully” He say with that same smile and for the first time in a long time I smile too.
******************************
Present Day
I walk through the doors of the palace and walk down a hall. I stop to inhale the sweet smell of flowers coming from the water beside me. It looked so beautiful with the flower buds floating atop it. I continued on until I got to the steps when I hear the voice of King Henry call out to me. I turned to see him walking my way with that permanent smile on his face. When he reaches me he places his hands on each of my shoulders.

“Every time I see you you’ve grown more and more” He says in that fatherly like voice making me smile. “Have you seen Joseph by any chance on your way in” He asks.
“Yes your majesty I saw him outside, he said he was on his way to a jousting practice” I answer.

“Ahhh…well I’ve been meaning to speak with him but I guess I will just have to wait until his return” He says thoughtfully then pats my shoulders once more before walking away. When he is out of sight I turn to go up the stairs. When I finish all my duties upstairs I go down stairs for lunch in the servant chambers. I don’t eat with the other servants because ever since I got here five years ago they have been hostile towards me except for one girl named Alice. She was kind enough to show me around the large palace and has become my only and best friend. She knows all my deepest darkest secrets and I know hers. She is a beautiful Persian girl with long dark hair, hazel eyes, petite and has a smile that’s seems almost permanent. She is one of the sweetest people I know but you don’t want to see her when she’s angry.

When I get inside the servants small kitchen I see Alice standing at the basin full of water washing different types of vegetables, she must be preparing a vegetable stew. None of the other servants were in sight which was shocking since this is usually the time they stop for lunch.

“Hey Alice” I say diverting her attention from the vegetables. She turns around with a big smile on her face and gives me a hug like she hasn’t seen me in years.
“Izzie ohhh I haven’t seen you in forever I missed you” She says in her breathless like voice. I shake my head at her dramatics I mean seriously it’s only been hours since I've seen her.
“Oh grace Alice I saw you yesterday” I say laughing. “Where the other servants, not that I’m not happy they are not in here or anything it’s just odd” I ask Alice while I grab some potatoes to peel and cut into the stew.

“The Queen gave them extra duties, and they have to cook a big meal for the fest tonight” She answers going back to fixing the stew. I didn’t know there was a fest tonight, why didn’t the King or prince Joseph tell me when I saw them. I would have been more than happy to help prepare for it.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me” I ask slightly hurt.
“The prince over heard the other servants talking about making you do all the work then taking credit for it so he went and told his parents. Now the other servants have extra duties plus taking care of all the preparations for the fest” She says with a smirk on her face.

“Oh grace do I can’t stand those girls” I say then look sideways at Alice who has stopped cooking and was now just standing there smiling at me. I try to ignore her already knowing what she’s smiling about but after a couple minutes I give up. “What Alice” I ask annoyed.

“Soooo did you see him this morning” She asks

I breathe out a sigh and roll my eyes. “Yes Alice I saw him this morning he was on his way to a jousting practice, Why” I ask her skeptically.

“Well I saw him too while I was doing duties and he asked about you. I think he likes you Izzie.” She says smiling.

“Not this again….Alice he’s the prince” I say automatically but Alice interrupts me.

“So what Izzie love has no judgment it doesn’t look at social class it just is.” She says exasperated.

“Izzie he can’t love me and even if he did our relationship would never be accepted in this kingdom. He’s the next king in line when his father steps down and everyone’s looking for the right queen. That’s not me Alice and it never will be.” I say trying to get her to understand and get her head out of this fairy tale land where everything’s perfect.

“I just want you to be happy Izzie…you deserve happiness more than anyone in this Kingdom and I know that prince joseph makes you happy” She says grabbing my hands. “I see the way you two look at each other Izzie but I’ll let it go for now” She says turning back to the stew.

“Thank you Alice that’s all I ask” I say joining her. When we finish we sit down and at the table to eat the stew with a loaf of bread and some water. While laughing at a story Alice was telling about one of the servants trying to get into prince joseph bed chambers I hear the door creak open so I turn and look to see who’s coming in. Queen Iysra walking in wearing a white gown with gold trimmings. Me and Alice both stand in respect to her royal highness.

“Oh you girls don’t have to stand for me continue as you were I just came to see how you are and ask a favor of you” She says sitting down in one of the chairs. We sit back down and wait expectantly for what she has to ask.
“I need you two too help serve at the fest I already asked others do you won’t have to do too much with so many attending tonight” She says looking from Alice to me.

“Of course we can do it Queen Iysra it would be out pleasure” I answer with a small smile. I've always liked Queen Iysra since the first time I met her. I expected her to hate me and be disgusted by my appearance when I first got to the palace but all she did was smile and tell the other servants to prepare a bath for me and find some clean clothes for me to put on.

“Thank you girls well have some things to do before the fest so I’ll see you tonight” She says getting up and leaving. After a couple moments of silence Alice breaks it.

“I bet prince joseph is going to look very handsome tonight as always” She says smiling at me. I just shake my head and decide its best not to reply to her comment.

End Notes:

What do you think?.... oh and the picture is to show the water with the flowers in them in the palace. im using the palace that is in the movie One Night with the King. its a great movie you should watch it :-)stories/1215/images/scaled.png

Chapter 3 by nikki
Author's Notes:

I really like this chapter...so tell me how you guys feel about it...is the terminology wrong? I done know im kinda just going off movies and books so please tell me if it is. Well anyway enjoy :)

“Joseph” I heard a throaty female voice say from behind me. I turned to see who was in my room; I hadn’t heard the door open or close. Dammit. I cursed under my breath when I saw that it was Alexandria. The woman my mother wanted me to marry to help unite the rivaling kingdoms. I couldn’t find any understanding as to why we had to bow to a kingdom we hated with a passion. We were all tired of war and wanted peace but marriage that just went too far. A Persian marrying a roman just wouldn’t work in the end there was too much blood shed between us.


“Alexandria beautiful as always” I said with a small smile that was as sincere I could be. I had nothing against this woman. She was indeed a beauty and very graceful like the queen she was raised to be one day. Just not my queen. She had golden hair that went down her back and smooth skin with green eyes, a thin nose and thin lip she walked over to me in all her gracefulness and extended her arms for a hug. I moved forward and took her small form into my large one for a quick hug but she held on rubbing her hands along my back.


“You’ve become a strong man Joseph, a handsome man” She whispers in my ear pressing her body into mine. I never said she was innocent, far from. While trying to pull away from her snake like grip I heard the door open.


“Your mother is looking…oh my apologies I meant not to interrupt” Isabel says with her head cast down. I gain the strength to get Alexandria off me. I can’t explain why I have feelings of…guilt as if I did something wrong.

“You’re not, come in” I say giving her a smile of reassurance. She walks in in a gold flowing dress with a white under garment that did nothing to shield your eyes from the tops of her breast but didn’t expose too much. The dress outlined her curves and her curls were being held up a clip of some sort. I wanted to walk over to her and release the clip letting the curls escape from confinement. Kiss her until the sun rose back into the sky. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, what was wrong with me having such thoughts about this girl.


She walked in and bowed before she spoke. I hated when she did that but of course that’s what everyone had to do. “Your mother is looking for you, she wants to know if you’re ready because the fest is about to begin”. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Alexandria looking her from top to bottom, squinting her eyes. What was going on with her she had been acting different.

“Tell her I’ll be down soon, I just have a few things to take care of.” I say dismissing her.

“Very well” She answers before turning and walking out the door.

“I’ll see you at the fest Alexandria” I say in a dismissive tone not meaning for it to come out so harsh.

“Of course you will” she says biting her lip. “And after” with that she turns and leaves. I sigh in relief and pinch the bridge of my nose closing my eyes to the oncoming headache. This is going to be a long night that I’m not looking forward to.
◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈
I feel a strange pain in my chest that’s been there since I walked in to prince josephs bed chambers to deliver the message from his mother. Only to see her with her hands all over him. My joseph...I sigh, well he’s not mine I have no right to lay claim on him but it still hurts.

“Excuse me...excuse me servant girl” I stop and close my eyes breathing out a shaky sigh when I hear her calling after me. I turn around and wait for her to reach me. I hate her, never in my life have I hated anyone not even the men who killed my parents because I was taught never to hate just forgive and the gods will find favor in me. But this woman, I hated her I did and I had no reason to other than the fact that she could have joseph and I couldn’t.

“Princess Alexandria, you have graced us with your presence” I say with a smile but on the inside I can see myself clawing at her beautiful dress perfect hair and smooth skin that looked like she bathed in the sweetest milk.

“Well yes I wouldn’t miss this, I'm sorry I don’t remember your name please forgive me” She says in a sweet raspy voice.

“Its fine I wouldn’t expect you too I'm just a servant” I say bowing my head.

“Well I do remember you I just don’t remember your name. You’re that slave girl the King bought, Joseph speaks so highly of you” she says in that same voice but there’s something else in her tone that makes me want to take a step back.

I bite back the smile threating to come upon my face, he talks about me. I feel my insides warm up and my cheeks heat, hopefully my skin is dark enough that she can’t see me blush.
“Awwww don’t get so happy servant girl” I look up and see she is no longer smiling at me. “I see the way you look at him but I don’t care because I know you are no threat. I want you to stay far away as you possibly can do you understand me. He will never want someone like you when he can have a beautiful princess like me. He would never risk his kingdom for you even if he did like you some way his kingdom comes first not some poor ugly peasant” she spats in a harsh tone with her head held high and angled sideways. She glares at me and I can only nod and step aside to let her pass by me. A tear slips down my face but I slap it away, my hatred for her increasing. I stand there in that hallway trying to control my emotions before prince joseph comes out and when I think I'm about ready it’s too late for he has now come out his bed chambers.

“Isabel what are you doing back up here, another message from my dear mother” he asks amused but I am not. Usually I would laugh but I can’t, not this time. He looks at me concerned and hooks a single finger under my chin lifting is up. I keep my eyes down refusing to look into his knowing that if I do I will make a fool of myself.

“Hey look at me Isabel” He whispers to me but I shake my head no. “Please...Isabel, just look me in the eye” He whispers. I could never deny him this one request and my eyes flutter up to meet his. When they do my heart nearly stops and my breath catches in my throat. It’s like time stops and it’s just me and him, no evil princess, no kingdom, no peasant, and no prince, just us. He slowly backs me against a wall and presses his body into mine. Trailing his fingertips lightly against my cheek down my neck and back up. Our noses touch we’re so close I can feel his shallow breath on face as he leans in a little more. My hands move from my sides to grip his muscled arms his touch causing my body to begin to heat up. I can feel a pooling in my lower area that gets worse when his pink lips lightly brush against mine teasingly.

“Izzie...Izzie where are you” I hear Alice yelling in the distance. We are snapped out of whatever trance we were under and spring apart staring at each other. I hear Alice footsteps get closer until she’s standing next to us. Joseph steps back father touching his lips then turns on his heal and speed walks down the hallway. I watch him until he turns the corner.

“What the hell just happened Izzie” Alice asks me with wide eyes but I can’t answer her because I'm still trying to figure out myself.
◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈
What was wrong with me what was I thinking almost nearly kissing that girl. What would have happened if I did and someone other than Alice had come looking for me or her? We would have both been in some serious trouble. I had long stop conversing with the people here at the fest only speaking to those sitting at the high table with me. Only my father mother and other people in high positions were sitting here. Gratefully they were people I knew well so I didn’t have to make unnecessary conversation with them.

I looked around at the people who were dancing and eating, the servants were passing out goblets of wine to the entire guests. I looked down to the end of the table to see Isabel passing them out. I was anxious for her to get down to me. What would I do, just accept the glass with no emotion, smile and thank her, I don’t know why I'm even thinking about this but I have no time to wonder how to respond to her because she’s in front of me now. She sits it in front of me but never makes eye contact instead she keeps her head bowed. I hated when she kept her head down. From then on I just watched her for the rest of the night until her and the other servants begin to clean up the plates and things. My father made one last speech before ending the fest. I got up and went to my bed chambers without speaking to anyone because I was so frustrated and I didn’t know why. Maybe it was because not once did she look at me not once did she even glace my way when I know she felt me looking at her.

When I get to my bed chambers I walk in and begin to strip of my clothes to take the bath I know has already been made by one of the servants. I walk in to my bathing room and I smell her scent. She was the one who prepared my bath she always is. I know because she always leaves behind a delectable scent that only she has. I relax into the bath letting everything leave my mind but her face stays on my mind. Her soft supple pink lips her beautiful brown eyes so full of youth. Her sultry voice that follows me to my dreams and fantasies. I blow out a breath and splash water into my face forgetting that it’s hot. Dammit. I curse for being so caught up thinking about her when I shouldn’t be.

I get out and wrap a towel around myself; it rides low on my hips. I walk into my room carrying the silk sleeping pants that were laid out with the towel. I drop the towel looking down the whole time and didn’t even notice I was not alone until I heard a voice call out to me.

“Oh my you look better than you did the last time I saw you in all your naked glory” Alexandria says from her position on my bed, naked.

“Alexandria what are you doing in here” I ask annoyed. I pulled on the silk pants and sigh trying to hold my anger in. I've had enough of women climbing into my bed at night without my permission.

“I think you know why I'm here my dear prince” She purrs.

I shake my head at her. “Get out Alexandria” I bite out pinching the bridge of my nose for the second time tonight.

“But last time-“She starts but I interrupt.

“This time is not last time now cover yourself and leave my bed chambers” I growl not caring anymore about being nice. She picks up a sheet and wraps it around herself and walks to the door. I don’t look at her but feel her look at me before she leaves.



End Notes:

Sooooo...how was it?

Temporary Hiatus by nikki

Hello all sorry for the wait but I’ve taken a step back from this story.

I see there is a lot of confusing about where this story is taking place and you have my sincerest apologies for that. I t was not my intention to confuse anyone but to write a story that has stayed in my head for about two maybe three years now. As long as I've thought about this story I should have had it more developed than it is. The time period or setting I should say is in my head like I can see what’s going on and where it is, the landscaping I mean and how everyone is dressed if you understand what I mean but I can’t quite express that to you in the way I thought I was doing judging from the reviews. It’s like the characters took me to this time period and I'm telling the story from how they let me see it meaning I'm not exactly clear on the time period only a little bit. I know the Roman Empire had yet to fall. So it what I'm thinking is that it’s after the stabbing of Caesar.

I know it sounds weird it’s so hard to explain what I can see in my head. Also another thing is the dialog I guess confused a lot of readers. I've tried my best to go based off stories I've read and movies I've seen and I've tried to research it but I guess Google and YouTube isn’t my best friend anymore lol. I'm going to try to do some more research on it so no one will be confused and you all can read this story with enjoyment. Maybe you all can even help me like if you understand what era I'm saying tis in or where I can look for information about different era or just any help would be greatly appreciated. Until then this story is on hold and again I apologize from the bottom of my heart for this.

Chapter 4 by nikki
Author's Notes:

Hello beautifuls, did you miss me because I missed you!!So after trying for FOREVER to find the right information so no ones lost I gave up. I realized why I started this story in the first place and have decided to just let my mind run free. I missed this story soooo much but anyways heres chapter 4! Enjoy :)

I begin to hurriedly shrub the dishes that were brought in from the feast as fast as I possibly could. I just wanted to get far away from this palace and back to my home. So much had happened today. I couldn't cast eye upon him at the feast. He was going to kiss me...the prince...kiss me. I could hardly catch my breath. I heard the door squeak open and turned to see who had come in. I sighed when I saw Alice knowing she wanted to speak with me about what happened in the hall.

 

"Please don't ask of me what I can't tell you Alice" I begged her.

 

She set the goblets down and stared at me for a century's time. "I'm your best friend Isabel" she says lowly with hurt in her voice. I frown at her calling me by my birth name. "So I'm Isabel now" I ask equally as hurt as she.

 

"You are when you're hiding things from me" She holds her head high and looks forward. I look the same way she looked then back to her.

 

"Alice there is nothing I would dare hide from you. You know everything." My voice begins to break. I cover my mouth and hold on to the basin of water with the other. She was all I had I couldn't bare to lose my best friend, my only friend.

 

She turns to me with tears glossing her eyes. "Izzie please tell me what happened. You can trust me I promise you my word Izzie may the gods punish me if I tell a soul" She whispers. I know I can tell her but not here...these walls have ears.

 

"Not here Alice not here" I beg her to understand. She nods her head and brings the goblets to the basin next to mine to wash. I breathe a sigh and finish washing. When we complete our last duties of the night we walk to the palace entrance hall. I wrap my shawl around my head before going out into the rain. I turn to Alice who is preparing to leave as well. "On the morrow I have to go to market. Meet me there and I will explain" I tell her. She nods and hugs me to her tightly. I smile at her before leaving out the palace doors into the pouring rain. I run to the horse shed to get Liza. I find her stomping her huffs anxious as I to leave.

 

"Were going home girl" I calm her. She always became a little troubled with the coming of storms. I hoist myself onto her back and give a light kick to her side. She gallops away from the shed and from the palace.

 

After my wash I lay in bed trembling but not at the cold air from that dreadful storm but from the heat left on my lips. I slowly bring my finger tips to my lips before falling into slumber.

 

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

"Why is it we are making this visit to the market" Alice asks me. She hates going to the market because of the men that try to seek wives here. "Queen Iysra said the fragrance from the stew we prepared smelled delectable and wished for us to prepare it tonight" I answer her picking up fresh vegetables. She picks some up as well and places them in her basket. I pay the merchant and we leave the market square with our horses. We can't ride them with everything we're carrying so we grab their reins and walk.

 

"Are you going to tell me or continue with your rambling" She says looking at me out of the corner of her eye. I sigh and tell her everything.

 

Alice looks at me wide eyed. "Izzie you have to tell the King she cannot very well threaten you without proper punishment". I look at her as if she had grown a tail. "Yes she can and she will Alice she is a princess and I am a peasant" Alice rolls her eyes to the heavens.

 

"You know as I do that there will be no punishment if anyone is punished it will be me for speaking against a princess" I shake my head. Alice shakes her head too. "It's not fair Izzie" She says in a sad voice. I only nod. "Come on god speed we need to begin our duties at the palace" I rush her increasing my speed.

 

When we get to the palace we tie our horses in the shed and rush inside to start on the duties for the day. We sit the basket of fresh vegetables on the wooden table. I walk over to the basin and grab a jug of water filling the basin. I take the water in the basin and splash my sweat covered face.

 

"The sun shines bright on us tis morning" I hear the Queen say from the door. I quickly turn and bow with water still dripping from my face. I must look foolish. She laughs and walks over to the basket of vegetables. She picks them up and breathes them in. I wipe my face with a cloth before walking to the table.

 

"I adore the smell of fresh vegetables" She tells me and Alice. "Are these the vegetables for the stew?" She asks turning to me with a raised brow. "Yes your majesty they are" I answer and she smiles at me nodding her head before taking her leave.

 

I turn to Alice. "I'll take the upstairs you take downstairs" she nods and I leave out the door.

 

After cleaning the rest of the bed chambers I start on the halls. I walk up to a table with a jar of flowers on it. I softly finger them then lean down to breathe them in.  They needed to be replaced by fresher flowers.

 

"Their beautiful...." I take a breath before turning to the man that holds a deep voice haunting my dreams. I look down too afraid to look him in the eye.

 

"I will replace them today sire" I say in a rushed voice. I feel his heat and know that he is standing close.  He leans down his chest brushing mine for a moment and inhales the sweet aroma of the lilies. "No need. I think they can hold on a bit longer" he says leaning back up to his full height.

 

"As you wish sire" I turn ready to go finish the other halls. I feel a hand lightly grab my arm. "Wait, could I have a word with you for a moment" he says and my breathe catches. I turn back around and nod my head. "Of course sire" I obediently answer him when all I wish is to flee from his presence. I stand and wait for him to talk but he says nothing for a moment. I look at him to find him staring down at me.

 

"In my bed chambers" he says in a low voice that sends chills through my body. He turns and walks to his bed chambers. I walk behind him and he moves aside to let me in first. I walk in and feel myself shaking as I turn around hearing the chamber doors shut. He stands there looking at me and for the first time I notice he is only clad in his silk sleeping pants I laid out for him.

 

"Sire" I encourage him to speak tilting my head. He takes a deep breath and walks up to me.

 

"I wanted to say sorry for what happened in the hall" he whispers as if someone might be listening. "I don't know what came over me" He laughs. I smile nodding my head. "Its fine sire" I reassure him. I don't understand why he would apologize to me a peasant knowing he didn't have to. He nods and stares at me again. I shift from foot to foot under his gaze. His eyes seem to get darker the longer he looks at me and I begin to feel my body heat up again.

 

He walks closer to me but I back up until I feel my back on his bed post. My breathing becomes shallow as I look at his lips that I wish so badly to be on my own. "Sire" I breathe out. He slowly traces his finger down the side of my face to my neck. "You're so beautiful Isabel. Has anyone ever told you that" he says in a whisper like he's in a trance. I move my face into his hand that is caressing the side of my face.

 

He leans down and presses his right cheek into my left. His other hand began to trail down my neck to my slightly exposed breast. I could feel that heat pool down below and clinched my thighs together. "Has any man tasted your womanly essence" he asks me causing my breath to catch again and more heat to pool. His head moves down to my neck only his nose trailing it. My head falls to the side and a moan escapes my lips. I feel his lips slight touch where his nose trailed and await his kiss.

 

"Joseph" I hear his mother call from outside his chamber door. He moves away from me slowly...different than last time we almost got caught like this. He looks at me then turns and walks to chamber door opening it. I smoothen my hair before Queen Iysra comes in. He gives her a kiss to the cheek and she smiles walking into the room followed by princess Alexandria. She doesn't notice me right away but Alexandria does. I see the fire in her eyes from where I stand.

 

"Are we interrupting something" Alexandria says in a sweet voice whilst staring at me. Queen Iysra turns from her son to see what Alexandria is staring at and her eyes land on me. She smiles making Alexandria frown for only a second before she begins to smile again. "Oh grace I didn't see you there" She says surprised by my presence. I bow to her. "I was preparing the princes bath" I try to explain. She nods her head. Alexandria looks to the bath in the other room.

 

"It doesn't look prepared in my eyes" she says looking back to me. "I hadn't begun yet" I tell her. "If you will excuse me" I say bowing again before going to the bathing room to prepare his bath. I could feel his eyes on me the whole way there. As I begun to prepare the bath I could hear them talking.

 

"Alexandria will be leaving back to Rome and she wanted to say her farewells" Queen Iysra tells Joseph. "I will leave you two" She says and I hear the chamber door open and close.

 

"Have a safe trip home Alexandria. It was a pleasure having you here and I hope you enjoyed your visit" Joseph says in a slightly rushed voice.

 

"I certainly did Joseph" she says in a low sultry voice. "I wish to be seeing your handsome face again soon" I hear the door open and close once again as I pour fragrant oils into his bath. I set out a towel and walk into his chambers to get his garments. He continues to watch me and follows me into the bathing room.

 

"Your bath is done" I say with my head bowed. I get all the way to the chamber door before he grabs my waist from behind. "I don't know what this is that pulls me to you dear Isabel" he whispers moving my hair behind my shoulder. He trails a finger down my neck. I feel him press his body against mine making his hard member know as it pressed against my buttocks. If he didn't stop I would have to go home to clean myself up. "I can smell you Isabel" he whispers before kissing my neck. I begin to tremble as his hands move from my waist to my stomach. When I feel his hand touch my breast I finally come back to my senses. I move out of his hold and cover my face in shame.

 

"Sire we can't" I tell him still shaking. He backs away and runs his strong hands over his face. "I know Isabel" he shakes his head. "Every time I'm in your presence all I can think about is touching you. But I know I can't, I know Isabel" he says in frustration before turning and walking to his bathing room.

 

 

I stand there shocked, in complete and utter disarray. When he begins to disrobe I leave hurriedly out of his bed chambers.

End Notes:

It was short but I enjoyed writting it and was only just a way to get you back into it so hopefully you guys still want to continue on this journey with me :p

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2049