Chasing Nightmares by mocasoul
Summary:

Two years after her second abduction, Keisha finds herself as a target again.  Only this time, she managed to involve her friend, Julie, and it’s not by Tyler.  It’s a copy-cat killer who idolizes Tyler, who is still in prison.  With Keisha and Julie kidnapped, it forces Will and Greg to team up with Tyler and a detective, Liza Rotand, to find the copy-cat killer before it’s too late.

Third in the sort of-ish series to Party Monster and Unresolved.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Drama, Erotica, Horror, Psychological, Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, BDSM, Dark Fic, Dubcon, Extreme Language, Graphic Violence, Strong Sexual Content
Challenges: Chamber Grindhouse Challenge 4
Challenges: Chamber Grindhouse Challenge 4
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 19632 Read: 11837 Published: October 02 2012 Updated: November 11 2012
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Cast Pics by mocasoul

2. Chapter 2 by mocasoul

3. Chapter 3 by mocasoul

4. Chapter 4 by mocasoul

5. Chapter 5 by mocasoul

6. Chapter 6 by mocasoul

7. Chapter 7 by mocasoul

8. Chapter 8 by mocasoul

9. Chapter 9 by mocasoul

10. Chapter 10 by mocasoul

11. Chapter 11 by mocasoul

12. Chapter 12 by mocasoul

13. Chapter 13 by mocasoul

14. Chapter 14 by mocasoul

15. Chapter 15 by mocasoul

Cast Pics by mocasoul

Keisha

 

Tyler

 

Will

 

Julie

 

Greg

 

Evan

 

Detective Liza Rotand

Chapter 2 by mocasoul

 

Keisha opened the door to find, yet again the police at her door for the second year in a row in mid October.  She appreciated the stepped up effort to protect her and Will, but it was becoming a little annoying that she couldn’t take the trash out without worrying about police eyes on her.  Last week, she almost dodge the police officer when she took her and Will’s new baby, a golden retriever named Oliver, for a walk.

“I’m gonna kill Julie for this…” she muttered as she brushed past the police officer and walked to the end of the driveway and dumped the plastic bags in the trashcan.  Julie was so pissed after the second time Keisha was abducted, she called her uncle that had a little pull in city counsel and had a police detail on Keisha and Will every Halloween.  The first year, she had to tell Julie she wanted the police to back off because they were watching her everyday and she felt as if her privacy was being invaded.  They compromised on them being watched every October.

“Yeah…” Will said as she returned.  “I know how you feel.  I feel like I can’t take a piss without worrying that the cops are looking.” he said and Keisha chuckled as she sat next to him on the couch.  He seemed to be a different person since they was kidnapped by Tyler and Jade.  It took him months to even say that he was raped by a woman out loud.

“In a weird way, I’m glad they’re watching us…” Keisha said as she tried to ignore the news report of another girl abducted, tortured, raped, and murdered.  There was a copy-cat killer imitating Tyler’s MO and knew the police detail would be heavier.  “Why would anyone want to be like Tyler?” she asked as she shook her head.

“I don’t know why anyone would want to be like that sick son of a bitch.  I bet he’s just eating this shit up.  Another person as sick and twisted as he is…Besides, Jade…” he said with a shiver.  He hated saying her name, Keisha could tell.  He knew he couldn’t tell anyone how he was really feeling about being raped by a woman because he knew none of his football friends would see the horror of it.  They’d all just make that joke that he probably enjoyed it.  Suddenly, the doorbell rang and Keisha sighed as she got up.  Oliver instantly went to the door pawed at the door.

“Oliver…get out of the way.” Keisha said as she dog continued to paw at the door.  “Oliver, down!” she commanded and he walked away with his tail between his legs and whined.  She loved that dog, but he can be stubborn sometimes.  “Hello, detective…” she said in an unenthusiastic tone as she saw Detective Liza Rotand.

“May I come in?” Liza asked and Keisha nodded.  Will stood up and greeted the detective with a polite nod.  “I came here to deliver a request on the behalf of Tyler.  He wants to talk to you.” the detective said and Keisha looked shocked.  She could feel Will’s energy pleading with her to say no, and she was going to give that response until the detective spoke again.  “I know you’d rather not do it and under normal circumstances, I would advise you against it, but…it appears that Tyler knows who and where this copy-cat killer is.  He won’t tell us a thing unless he talks with you.”

“No!” Will shouted and Keisha turned to him.  “Don’t even fucking think about agreeing.  I know you, Keisha!  You’re going to fully collapse if you go to him.”

“Who said I was going to agree?  I’m sorry detective, but I can’t.  I mean, are you guys so fucking insensitive to the fact that he kidnapped me a second time?”

“That’s not my intention, I assure you.  Look, I don’t want you going anywhere near this guy anymore than you do.  Keisha, you have an opportunity to save some young women’s lives.  It’s as if the copy-cat is trying to out-do Tyler by killing twice as many girls in such little time.  He writes to Tyler and he told him that he met you.  He was close to you and you didn’t know it.”

“When?” Keisha asked and Liza sighed before handing her a letter in a plastic bag.  Keisha almost threw up at the dried red-brown color of the “ink” and knew that it was written in blood in calligraphic Old-English writing.

 

Master,

I have met your unknowing queen.  She did hold some hostility to me as she saw me, but it was not I who caused her caution.  It was two things I had with me that caused it.  She has an adorable Golden Retriever mutt.  He is a stupid breed, I must say.  Your queen…such a beautiful woman.  Golden brown skin…one must fantasize for hours on end about that beautiful skin being pierce with a sharpened spike.  I know I do…one day I shall have your queen.  I hope you don’t think it rude that I intrude upon her.  You are held captive, after all.

Ripper’s Apprentice

 

“Tyler told us that he didn’t appreciate the Old-English talk, but…he said he knows who the killer is, and he won’t talk unless he talks with you.  I want you to know that if there is another way to get him to talk, I’ll find it so you won’t have to confront him.  But if there isn’t…” Liza trailed off and Will sighed before he spoke.

“What the hell are you guys doing as detectives?!  You let some psycho asshole figure out who his copy-cat is and you can’t get that out of him?”

“Will, we are trying everything we can.  Tyler won’t talk…the only reason he gave us the info that he knows who the copy-cat could be is that I deliver the message to Keisha.  I’ll do whatever I can to avoid this, but…he’s not talking.”

“Detective…” Keisha began and she knew Will wouldn’t be happy with her.  “I’ll think about it.  I’m not going to promise anything, but…I’ll let you know as soon as possible.”

“Keisha, please know that I’m not trying to pressure you into doing something that is painful for you and something that will prevent you from moving on from this.  Believe me, I was reluctant to ask this of you, but if he’ll talk…”

“I know…” Keisha said as she nodded.  She led the detective out and when she turned around she saw Will’s anger.  “Will, don’t think I’m taking this lightly.  The idea of me seeing him face to face is terrifying.  I don’t want to see him.  I don’t want to know he exists…that he’s alive.  I don’t even think knowing that someone killed him in some prison fight would make me feel better.  I’d rather take another spike in my body” she said with a flinch.  “I don’t want to deal with him.”

“Then don’t.  Look, at least you have the satisfaction of know that that Tyler is paying for what he did to you.  Jade was killed by him.  I feel like she got off easy for raping me….” Will said and Keisha could still tell that he struggled to come to terms with what happened to him.  “I wish I could move on knowing that Jade is serving time for what she did.”

“It’s not a satisfying as you think.  No matter what Tyler might be going through…whether he’s getting off easy or suffering…it’s not going to make me feel better.  It’s not going to erase my scars…it’s not going to make these cops any less present…”

“I know, but…it’s a hell of a lot better than feeling unsatisfied knowing that there never is a chance for you to feel satisfied.  I know I can’t change your mind if you do agree to meet with Tyler, but I just need to know that you’re safe.  Let me come with you.”

“I was actually going to ask you to come with me…” Keisha said with a sheepish smile.  “I don’t think I can go there alone.  I better tell Julie so she can yell at me about this.”

“She’s going to lay into you worse than me…” Will said with a humorless chuckle and she knew he was just preparing her for Julie’s wrath.

 

Chapter 3 by mocasoul

“Are you out of your fucking mind, Keisha?!” Julie yelled and everyone in the coffee shop stared at her.  She didn’t care, of course.  Not after hearing the nugget Keisha dropped on her.  “No!  You’re not seriously considering meeting with Tyler, are you?”

“I don’t know.  He might even be bluffing that he knows who this copy-cat killer is, so, I’m not sure what to think.  He won’t tell the police unless I talk to him.  Will said he’ll come with me and I’m pretty sure the police won’t let me talk to him with out at least two officers present.” Keisha said trying to convince herself of her safety.

“It’s not just a matter of safety, Keisha.  Would you be mentally ready to face him?  He tortured you.  Left some pretty nasty scars…physical and mental.  Do you want to endure that again?  You might as well ask for a DVD of your torture.”

“I know, but…okay, there’s something I haven’t told Will about.  I’ve only told my therapist, and I’m only telling you.  I have this…morbid curiosity about Tyler.  I know it’s bad…it’s really bad.  I even asked my therapist if it was normal for me to have a curiosity about Tyler.  I mean, is it normal for a victim to want to know how their captor came to be?  And I was kidnapped and tortured by him twice.”

“Which is why you can’t go back to that.  Keisha, I know you get pissed at me for using my uncle’s power to have cop detail on you, but…after last time…I felt guilty.  I felt so helpless and I felt I should’ve done more to help protect you.”

“The cops all the time are a bit overkill, but I appreciate the effort.  But…talking to Tyler is something I feel I need to do.  I can’t fully move on with my life unless I get some sense of knowing why.  He chose me twice for a reason.”

“You’re insane, Keisha, but if it’s something you feel you need to do…I can’t fault you on it.  Just promise me that you’re going to be careful and if you feel unsafe let the cops know immediately or I will never forgive you if you get kidnapped again.”

“I promise.  Now, let’s talk about something else.” Keisha said and Julie glared at her.  She even knew Julie wouldn’t be able to talk about anything else after what she told her.  “I guess not.”

“Keisha, why are you so hell-bent on knowing Tyler’s back story  As far as he’s concerned, he’s should be history.  You should try to move on.”

“I can’t unless I talk with him.  I can’t explain it…” Keisha said with a sigh.  “I know I’m going after something I shouldn’t but if this is the only way…”

“God, why is it the only way?” Julie asked before she sipped her coffee.  “Is there anything else I should know about?” she asked and Keisha sighed.

“Apparently, I’ve met the copy-cat killer.” she said with a pause in order for that information to sink in.  “He sent a letter to Tyler and it was written in blood.  He mentioned Oliver.  Julie, if he’s this close to me…why didn’t he kidnap me by now?”

“Why are you even asking that question to begin with?  You should stray away from talk of getting kidnapped, not flinging towards it.”

“I know, but…I can’t think any other way.  At least I’m stronger now.  I have to be because Will isn’t right now.  He won’t admit to it, but being raped by Jade really…messed him up.  I’ve built up my strength since the first time and I was close to crumbling the second time.  I didn’t and I need to be there for Will.  He stopped going to that support group.  He said the men in there couldn’t understand where he was coming from because they were all sexually abused and raped in their childhood.  He was raped by a woman as an adult…” Keisha said as she wished she could reach out to him.  She wanted to tell him it would be okay.

“That’s got to be difficult for him to get over.  Just let him know that it doesn’t matter when a man is violated…whether it’s in their childhood or adulthood, it’s still wrong.”

“I know.  Can we please talk about something else, before my head explodes?” Keisha asked with a humorless chuckle.  “Like what are you and Greg up to for Halloween?”

“Nothing really.  His office is having a costume party.  It kinda sucks ‘cause I can’t be all slutty and shit.  He said we could save the sexy costume for later that night.  But at the party…I’m going to be a salt-shaker and he’s going to be pepper…Oh, I can’t stomach it…” Julie said with a fake over-dramatic pout.

“You’re too crazy…” Keisha said as she shook her head at Julie.  “You can’t be little miss sexy all the time.  You gotta cool it down, sometimes.”

“I know, but that’s so boring…” Julie whined.  “Maybe I could convince him to find a better costume.  One I know both of us wouldn’t hate wearing.”

“Maybe…” Keisha said before she felt her phone vibrate.  “It’s Will…I should take this.” she said as she answered the phone.  “Hey, Will.”

“Detective Rotand came by looking for you.  She wanted to know if you had made your decision.” Will said and Keisha sighed knowing that he wouldn’t like it.

“Yeah…I want to talk to him…” Keisha said and Julie frowned.  “Julie is super pissed and I’m sure you are, too.  I promise I’ll be careful.  You’re still coming with me, right?”

“Yeah…I’m still coming with you.  I hope you’re not making a mistake by doing this.  I’m supporting you, Keisha, but…this is still crazy.”

“I know…Julie agrees with you.  She damn near caused a scene when I told her.” Keisha said as she glared at her best friend.

“As I should…” Julie said as she leaned forward.  “I tried talking her out of it, but she still won’t listen to me…” she said and Keisha glared at her.

“Anyway, I’m just about ready to leave.  I’ll pick up Oliver and take him to the dog park.  Hopefully, he’ll behave today.  Okay…bye.” Keisha said as she hung up.

“What happened with Oliver at the dog park?” Julie asked as she finished her coffee and Keisha rolled her eyes at her lovable mutt’s antics.

“He…um…started humping this old woman’s leg.  She had a poodle and instead of humping the poodle…he humped the owner instead.  Very embarrassing, but funny.”

“Wow…you should’ve have a video of it and uploaded.  You’d make a lot of money off of Oliver’s daily antics alone…” Julie said with a laugh.

“Meh…I don’t think I would like profiting off my baby.  Well, I should get going so I can let the silly boy play at the park today.” Keisha said as she stood up and Julie did the same.  “I’m sorry I upset you with my news…” Keisha said as she hugged Julie.

“I guess you’re forgiven.  I worry about you sometimes.  I know you’re capable of moving on from this…It’s just hard for me, I guess.”

“I’ll be okay…but I love you for caring about me.  Okay, I gotta go.  I’ll call you before I talk to Tyler.  You always calm me down.”

“You better or I’ll never forgive you.  I love you…” Julie said before she released Keisha.  “Have fun with Oliver.  I’ll talk to you later.” Julie said as they left the coffee shop.

“Bye.  Tell Greg to find a better costume than the salt and pepper ones.  Bye.” Keisha said as she got into her car and drove off.  She knew neither Will nor Julie was okay with the idea of her seeing Tyler again.  She wasn’t too crazy about it either, but she knew it had to be done.  There was so many unanswered questions…ones she wanted to ask him and ones she wanted to ask herself.  It was her chance to do that and potentially save other girl’s lives.

Chapter 4 by mocasoul

Keisha was trembling as she walked down the hall of the prison with Will and two guards by her side.  She thought she would be ready for this.  There was a nauseous feeling in her stomach as they approached the room.

“Keisha…” Will said as he turned to her.  “Are you sure you want to do this?  We don’t have to.” he said and Keisha sighed.

“I don’t think anyone is ever really ready to face someone who kidnapped and tortured them, but I know I have to do this.  If not to save other women’s lives, then…I’m doing it for me.”

“If you say so…” Will said as they walked into the room and Keisha almost collapsed as she saw Tyler sitting at a gray table.  His icy blue eyes bore into Keisha as he watched her sit down before him.  Suddenly, he frowned as he realized Will was accompanying her.  Even in his genius mind, he never considered the fact that Will would be there as her security blanket.

“I didn’t say I wanted him to come…” Tyler said and Keisha glared at him.  “You really don’t want the copy-cat killer to be found, do you, Keisha?”

“You should’ve known I wouldn’t be in here alone with you.” she said and Tyler smirked a chilling smile as he stared at her.

“We wouldn’t be truly alone.  Not with all these guards around.  Don’t you feel safe…” he said in a mocking tone and she swore she wanted to leave.

“Go to hell.” Keisha said as he laughed and she sighed.  She should’ve known Tyler was going to be difficult.  Keisha heard Will let out a frustrated sigh.

“Are you going to tell us who the copy-cat is or not?!” Will asked before Tyler turned to him with an amused smirk on his face.

“Nice haircut, jockstrap.  I’ve heard that cutting your hair is one of the reactions in victims of rape.” Tyler said as Keisha looked over and saw Will visibly flinch.  “Jade must have done a number on you…” he said with a cackle.

“Fuck you!” Will screamed as he launched forward and nearly hit Tyler if it wasn’t for the guards in the room holding him back.

“Nice anger, jockstrap.  Where was that when you were being raped?” Tyler said as he laughed and Keisha glared at him before getting up and going over to Will and the guards holding him.  She was about to tell them that she wanted to go and she was wasting her time when Tyler stopped her.  “Keisha…it’s a shame so many women have to suffer and die because you don’t want to talk to me…” he said and Keisha turned to see he was smirking.  “I’ll sing like a bird if only you give me some quality time…without Will.”

“Will…” she said as she turned to him and he sighed.  “I need you to go out in the hall.  Please.” she begged and he sighed.

“Keisha, I thought we agreed that we would do this together!  I’m not leaving you alone with this sick bastard!  I’ll keep a cool head, I promise.”

“Will…” Keisha said as she walked towards him as the guards released him as they no longer saw him as a threat.  “Think about all the women that could be spared if you let me talk to him alone.  Please, just do this for me.  I’ll be safe, I promise.”

“Okay…” Will reluctantly agreed.  “Tyler…” he said before turning to him.  “If you try to hurt her, I will hunt you down and I will kill you.  No, I’ll torture then kill you.” he said and Tyler just merely smirked at him.

“I see you’re brave and stupid enough to threaten me in a room full of cops…” he said as Will was lead out of the room.  “Finally, we’re alone.” he said to Keisha.  “Well, sort of…”

“What do you want?  Just tell me who this copy-cat killer is so I can go.  I don’t want to be here and I’m already pissed enough that you would do this.  This game…”

“It wouldn’t be a game if you just talked with me, Keisha.” Tyler said as he stared into her eyes.  “But, now, I want to make this a game.” he said with a smirk.

“I don’t have time for this.  I know you don’t give a shit about the women being murdered, and this is just an excuse to see me.  I bet you don’t even know who this guy could be.”

“I know who he is.  Look me in the eyes.” he said and she, reluctantly, stared into his icy blue eyes.  “I know who this imitation of me is.  The question is…do you want to play along with me to save some lives?”

“Fine…talk.  I’ll humor you, you sick bastard.  What’s the game this time?” Keisha said feeling as if she had lost her mind.

“I ask you a question, you answer.  Then you get to ask me a question, and I’ll answer.  But…it can’t be about the copy-cat.”

“I’m not playing that kind of game, Tyler.  Women are being kidnapped, tortured, and murdered and you want to play a game?  You’re sick…”

“I thought you knew that already.  Come on…to know this copy-cat is to know me.  You have to know how I tick, how I think, what’s my childhood like.  Are you ready to delve into my chilling mind, Keisha?” he asked and she sighed.  She couldn’t resist the urge to ask him why.  Ever since the second abduction, she’s been wondering how and why he was like this.  Now, was her chance to confront that nagging feeling of wanting to know why Tyler is like this.

“Do you want go first or should I?” she asked and he gestured for her to go first.  “Was it your mom or dad that helped in making you like this?”

“My mother…” Tyler said with a sneer.  Keisha was about to say something, but he stopped her.  “Ah…I have to ask my question first.” he said and she rolled her eyes.  “When I escaped two years ago, what was the first thing you felt?”

“This is ridiculous!  Just tell me who the copy-cat killer is!” she demanded and Tyler just smirked as he placed a finger to his lips.  “Fine, you wanna know how I felt?  Fear…trembling all-consuming fear.  Are you happy?”

“That’s gonna count as a question…” he said with a wider smirk and Keisha let out an annoyed sigh as she prepared to rise from the chair.  “I’m kidding.  Ask your next question…”

“You said your mother is the cause of this.  How?” she asked before Tyler began to frown.  He was staring off into the distance as if he was reliving his own nightmares.

“She stayed with the abusive son of a bitch that is my father because she was a fucking desperate idiot.  Every night when the son of a bitch beat her ass…my ass…I would beg her to leave him, but she never would leave.  So, it’s her fucking fault I’m the way I am.”

“You do realize you’re blaming the wrong person.  Your mother isn’t the reason you’re like this.  The violence you inherited was from your father.  Why blame your mother?”

“I’ve already told you.  If you don’t want to accept that…fine.” Tyler said with a smirk and Keisha knew it was bullshit.  “Now, I get to ask a question.”

“No, you don’t.  You’re lying to me.  I thought we agreed to be honest and answer the questions…” she said and he smirked.

“Did we?  Because I only remember agreeing to answering the questions and not to be honest…” he said with a wider smirk.

“Fuck you!  I’m not playing to fucking game, Tyler.  I’ll find out who he is without you.  Enjoy spending the rest of your life rotting in here…” she said as she rose from the chair and left the room ignoring Tyler calling her to come back.

Chapter 5 by mocasoul

A few nights later, Keisha and Will decided to have dinner with Julie and Greg.  She ran the details of her encounter with Tyler to Julie and they had agreed to keep that out of the conversation for the night.  Keisha felt like a fool for believing that Tyler would actually tell her anything that would help her.  Why would he help another version of himself?

Keisha and Will arrived at the restaurant and found Greg and Julie sitting at the table.  When they saw them, they waved them over and Julie stood up and hugged Keisha and Will.  Will and Greg shook hands.  They all sat down and Julie poured them a glass of wine from the bottle they ordered and handed it to them.

“So,” Julie said with a sneaky look on her face.  “We have a bit of news…” she said as she leaned her head on her hand and Keisha spotted the diamond ring on her ring finger.

“Wow, congrats you guys!” Keisha said as she and Julie stood up and hugged again before she looked at the ring.  Even though, Julie seemed like a gold-digger, she was very humble at heart and she knew she didn’t care about the size of the diamond.

“Congratulations, man.” Will said as he clinked glasses with Greg.  Keisha turned her head and saw the way they looked.  Will knew Greg was going to propose to Julie.  She was going to kill him for hiding that from her and keeping her out of the loop.

“When did you propose?” she asked Greg before she turned to Julie modeling the ring like a model on Price is Right.

“Two nights ago.  It was really romantic, really…” Greg said as he stared at Julie as she returned to her seat.  He had a loving look in her eyes as he stared at his fiancé and Keisha felt as if she could believe in life and love again.  “We went to the park and I arranged for us to have a night picnic with…well, Christmas lights, but anyway, I got down on one knee and the rest is history.”

“Aww…” Keisha said as she held her heart.  “About damn time…” she said with a laugh and Greg nodded as he rolled his eyes giving Keisha a smile.

“I know…I know…” Greg said feeling a bit chastised.  “I just wanted to wait for the right moment.  And…two nights ago seemed like the right moment.”

“So, Julie, have you been looking at dress?  Who am I kidding?  Of course you have.  When can I hop on that wedding planning train?”

“Right now.  I’ve got like tons of bridal magazines in the car.  Seriously, you need to see that stack.  And since we haven’t ordered food, yet, let’s take a peek real quick.  Hope you guys don’t mind…” Julie said as they stood up from the table and Greg and Will just shook their heads.  Keisha knew they were going to talk about guy stuff, though, they didn’t really have that much in common because Greg was very nerdy and Will was into sports.

“You think they’ll be okay sitting alone.  You know they have nothing in common, right?” Keisha said with a laugh.

“I’m sure they’ll find something in common.  Their women are friends…” Julie said and Keisha glared at her.  “Well, you two might as well say you’re a couple.  You’ve been through so much together and you’re there for each other.”

“True, but I don’t want to rush it.  Being traumatized does that to people…” Keisha said as they approached the car.  “So, where is this mountain of bridal magazines?”

“It wasn’t a mountain…it’s just a lot of them.  Anyway, I’m thinking of going a little…and don’t tell anyone about this…nerdy.  I’m kind of digging the Renaissance inspired theme I saw in one magazine.  I think Greg would love it, too.” Julie said with a smile.  “You and Will are meant for each other…He loves you, I know it.  And you love him, too.”

“Okay, I love him…but…honestly, we’re too damaged to even consider a relationship.  So, enough about me…” Keisha said as she sighed.  “Let’s get back inside…”

“Okay.  Oh, let me just show this theme real quick.” Julie said as she opened her car door and reached inside to grab the magazine.  When she closed the door, she saw someone coming towards them and he looked homeless.

“Excuse me…” said the homeless guy.  “I was wondering if you could help me out…I haven’t had a anything to eat for two days and…” the guy said before he fainted.  Julie grabbed him to make sure he didn’t fall.  Suddenly, he stuck Julie with a needle and when Keisha realized it, she ran and screamed for help, but the guy caught her and put a rag over her mouth.  She felt light headed and everything went black.

When she woke up, she stared at the guy.  He looked cleaned up and she, slowly, began to focus on his face.  She couldn’t tell who he was and the first thing that came to her mind was Julie.

“Julie!” Keisha called weakly as she tried to fight, but she realized she was chained to a bed.

“Your friend is next to you…” the guy said as he pointed to the bed beside her.  Julie was unconscious and noticed she was chained the bed also wearing a sort of period costume.  Keisha looked down at herself and saw she was dress in a similar costume.  “Hello, allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Evan, but you may call me Ripper’s Apprentice.” he said and Keisha shook with fear.  The copy-cat killer has her and Julie.

“Please, let her go.  You can do whatever you want with me, but please let Julie go.” Keisha begged and Evan chuckled.

“No.  She’s part of the reason it took so long for me to have you.  You were never alone.  The police were always around you.  Even the day I met you.  You don’t remember, but I do.  We were in the dog park and you looked frightened of the blood hounds I had with me.”

“You…you said they were your granddad’s dogs and he was paying you to watch them for the weekend.  You came up to me and…” Keisha trailed off wondering how long this guy have been waiting for her…stalking her.

“Yes, all this time, my unknowing queen, I have been watching you.  I have been waiting patiently for the moment you will become mine.  Even your friend, Julie, has become part of my plan.  Especially when I found out she has kept you so heavily guarded.”

“You’re sick.  Not only that…you’re a pathetic copy of Tyler.” Keisha said before Evan slapped her.  The sound of flesh hitting flesh roused Julie.  “Julie!”

“Keisha!  What the hell?  Where are we?” Julie asked before she saw Evan walking over towards her bed.  “Who the fuck are you?”

“My name is Evan, but you may call me Ripper’s Apprentice.  You are one very upsetting young lady, Julie.  Keeping the unknowing queen guarded like a prized bejeweled crown.  Shame on you.” Evan said as he touched the tip of her nose with his index finger as if she was a child.

“Don’t fucking touch me, you freak!” Julie screamed and he pulled out a dagger and held it to her throat.  Keisha screamed before he turned to smirk at her.

“You should advise your friend to never defy me.  It would be easier if she complied.  Now, shall we have some fun?” Evan asked as he pulled a spike from a leather pouch he wore around his waist and Keisha panicked.  “Keisha, you should be used to this, by now.  Should I introduce this to your friend?” he asked as he turned to Julie and she looked as if she would jump out of her skin.

“No!  Don’t hurt her.  Don’t touch her!  Tyler wants to hurt me…not her.”

“You’ve just been rescued, Julie…” Evan said with a smirk as he placed the dagger in his pouch and held with spike in his hand.  “You are quite the fighter, Keisha” Evan said before he pierced her arm with the spike and she let out a room shaking scream.

Chapter 6 by mocasoul

Will and Greg were sitting in the police station.  Keisha and Julie had been missing for over 8 hours.  When they went to look for them, they found a note beside the car written in blood and they knew the copy-cat killer took them.

“Will,” detective Rotand called as she came over to them.  “Tyler wants to see you.  The copy-cat sent him a letter saying that he has Keisha and…well, he’ll tell you.  He wants to see you now and you’re lucky the warden is allowing him this.  We should hurry.”

“Okay…” Will said as he and Greg left the station and rode with Liza to the prison.  He shuddered as he thought about Keisha being tortured again.  The last thing she needed was to be kidnapped and tortured for the third time.

They arrived at the prison and was met with the warden.  He said he didn’t allow this, normally, but when Tyler finally agreed to talk and tell who the copy-cat killer is, he decided to grant him this impromptu visit.

“Will…” Greg began.  “Is Julie going to be okay?” he asked as he tried not to cry.  He loved Julie and he couldn’t take it if she was murdered.

“I don’t know…” Will responded before they entered the room and Tyler sat there looking somber.  Will found it comforting that Tyler didn’t look so damn smug.

“Who’s the fucking nerd?” Tyler asked as he stared at Greg.

“This nerd is Julie’s fiancé and if she’s hurt…I swear to God I will hunt you down…” Greg said and that smug smirk Tyler was known for return to his face as he watched Will restrain Greg.

“Ooh…what’s this.  Did Jockstrap enlist the help of the school nerd to do his homework?”

“Enough Tyler!  You better fucking talk or I swear…Greg and I will make good on our threat.  We will kill you, Tyler.”

“You’re not so fucking bright, Will.  It’s highly frowned upon to threaten someone in prison.” Tyler said with a smirk.

“I didn’t hear a threat…” Liza said with a smirk of her own.  “Did you guards hear a threat?” she asked them and they shook their heads.

“I should’ve known you would do this.  How much do you love Keisha, Will?  Are you willing to work with me to save her?”

“Save her?  You want to save her?  I think the only reason you’re doing this is to find out where he has her just so you can torture her yourself…”

“Well…it is true that I don’t like sharing.  I guess it’s one of those…‘if I can’t have you, no one will’ things.  I was her first…torturer that is.”

“You’re sick…” Will said and Tyler chuckled.  “Where is this other sick son of a bitch?” he asked as he sat down and stared Tyler in the eyes.

“Come on, Jockstrap…I know you don’t think it’s going to be this easy…” Tyler said and Will banged on the table.

“Damn it, Tyler!  This isn’t a fucking game!  This psycho has Keisha and Julie.  I know you don’t give a shit about Julie, but you care about Keisha…or whatever you call caring about her in that sick, twisted ass mind of yours.”

“This sick, twisted ass mind is the only way you’re going to find Keisha…and Julie, I suppose.  I mean, really, what do you get out of it, man?” Tyler asked Greg.

“I know Julie and I look like we’re mismatched on the surface, but she loves me and I love her.  She’s kind and humble and you know what…the geek did land the beauty…so fucking deal with it.” Greg said as he sat down beside Will.

“We don’t fucking have time for this shit, Tyler…” Will said as he stared into Tyler’s eyes.  “You don’t fool me for one second.  You’re worried about her…if not her, you want to be the one to kill her and not this copy-cat.” he said and Tyler’s smug demeanor fell and he looked similar to the way he did before Will and Greg entered the room.  “Don’t lie to me…”

“Fine…I don’t want this bastard to have the satisfaction.  I’ll talk, but only on one condition.  You have to let me out so I can help you guys find her.”

“No!” Liza said and Tyler rolled his eyes.  “Hell no, we are not letting you out.  You can forget it!  We might as well be doing this by ourselves if you’re going to request that nonsense.”

“You really don’t want Keisha to be found, do you?” Tyler said as the smug smirk returned.  “What kind of detective are you?”

“I’m a smart one.  You’re lucky you got this request granted.  Now, tell us what you know or we walk.” Liza said as she stood between Will and Greg and leaned over the table.

“I’m not saying shit unless you agree to let me out.  As much as I would love the pleasure of killing Keisha myself, I’m sure this other guy is capable of doing it.”

“Fuck you, Tyler!” Will yelled as he launched at him and managed to punch him in the face before Liza pulled him off and restrained him.  Tyler merely laughed as he watched Liza try to calm Will down.  “You think this is funny?!”

“So violent, Will.  That’s another side-effect of rape…violent outbursts…” Tyler said with a smirk before Will tried to hit him again.

“Enough, Tyler!” Liza yelled.  “Look, we can’t let you go, and we can’t even try to get you a lighter sentence.  You’re not getting out, but…you will get the chance to save Keisha.”

“Does it look like I want to save her?!  I’m here because of her!  She’d be dead if she wasn’t so damn difficult!  She’s a fighter!” Tyler said before he leaned back in the chair.  Will was right about him caring about her.  He loved her, and he knew…somewhere in another universe, she loved him, too.  He knew the killer had her, but he didn’t know where.  He didn’t trust that imitator to treat her better than his other victims.  Keisha was special and deserved a special death.  “Okay, you fuckers are right.  I don’t want to give this guy the satisfaction of killing Keisha.”

“Where are they?” Will asked as he sat back down in the chair in front of Tyler.  He was calm enough to sit down and not punch him.

“I don’t really know, now.  In his last ‘letter’ to me…and I’m going on a guess because that asshole uses flowery language and shit…he said he was going to ‘a place of my origin’.  He took them to my childhood home, but doubt they are there.  He’s lied to me before.  I guess he would say anything to impress his idol.”

“We need to see the letter…in fact, we need access to all the letters he’s sent you.  Now, tell me, Tyler…do you know this guy?”

“He says he knows me, but I have no fucking clue.  I don’t know this guy, but if he tells me, you’ll be the first to know…” Tyler said in a smartass tone.  “Now, are you going to pester me all night or are you actually going to start looking for them?” he asked as he leaned forward.

“I’ve got all I need…for now…” Liza said as she walk towards the door.  “Will, Greg, you guys have ten minutes…try to control your tempers…” she said as she left.

“Listen, you sick prick…” Will began.  “I will fucking kill you if this bastard kills Keisha and Julie.  You better hope they are still alive when the police find them or I will do to you what you’ve done to all your victims…”

“Is that a promise, Jockstrap?” Tyler asked with a smug smirk as he stared into Will’s eyes.  Will stormed out with Greg behind him.  Tyler knew he shouldn’t want Keisha all to himself, but he swore he would kill the copy-cat if he killed Keisha.  Keisha was his to kill.  Only his.

Chapter 7 by mocasoul

“Tell me, Keisha…” Evan began.  “how terrifying it must be for you to experience this with a whole new person…” he said as he continued to bandage her arm.

“At least you admitted you’re nothing like Tyler…” Keisha said as she stared ahead.  Julie was unharmed and that’s all she wanted.  She would take all the pain in order to protect Julie from ever knowing what being pierced with a spike is like.

“Don’t, Keisha…” Julie said hoping Keisha wasn’t trying to bait this sick fuck.  She was scared and she wanted nothing more than to be in Greg’s arms.  She was stupid to walk to her car without Greg and Will, but Keisha had griped at her for having heavy police detail in their life, she figured she would give Keisha at least one night of normalcy.

“Aww…it’s okay, Julie.  She didn’t hurt my feelings…” Evan cooed as he stared at Julie.  He was still itching to pierce her with a spike…or his dagger.  He turned back to Keisha and scooted closer to her bed.  “Alas, I am not like the master, but I’m very, very close.  Even if I have killed more women than him, he will always be the master because he managed to have you twice.  In my little correspondence with him, he would describe to me in great detail of how you transformed from a weak victim to one who had survived.  I can tell his admiration for you, Keisha…it’s obvious.”

“In his sick, twisted mind, he loves me…I hate him.” Keisha said as she tried to flinch away from Evan kissing her cheek.  His lips finally landed on her cheek and she felt sick to her stomach as he licked the spot his lips had been.  She gagged and he grew angry.

“I don’t understand why he would love someone like you…” Evan said with a sneer.  “You don’t deserve him…you betrayed him.”

“Betrayed him?!  How?!” Keisha asked before he, roughly, grabbed her face.  Julie gasped as she watched this twisted guy hurt her friend.

“You betrayed him by not dying, bitch!” Evan yelled.  He smiled as he saw the fear on her face.  “You just couldn’t have died?  Ruining, the master’s work…”

“The master’s work?!  He was murdering innocent women!” Keisha screamed before Evan slapped her and Julie screamed.

“Innocent women?!  They were sluts and whores!  Desperate for attention, flaunting themselves to be with him…lowering their self-respect just to fuck him.  They were not worthy of having the honor of being called a woman…”

“You sound jealous to me, Evan…” Keisha spit out acidly.  “You love him?” Keisha asked as she watched Evan’s jaw flex.

“Yes, I love him.  And before you make the pitiful assumption, I am not a gay man.  I’ve just discovered a deep kindred spirit in Tyler.  I don’t want to fuck him…”

“Good for you…he likes women, anyway…” Keisha said as she turned her head towards Julie.  Her heart was breaking as she saw silent tears roll down her best friend’s face.  She knew he wouldn’t let her go, and if he did, he was going to kill her.

“As do I, Keisha…” Evan said as he turned to stare at Julie.  “You’re being very quiet, Julie.  Your name is so close to Juliet.” he said as he walked over to her bed and sat down beside her.  She tried to scoot away from him, but she couldn’t move no more than an inch away from him.  “Have you not figured out by now, that you can not escape.  You have very little room to move, my dear, Julie-et…” he said as he reached for her.

“Don’t…” Julie said as she turned her head away, but he grabbed her face and turned it back towards him.  She wanted to vomit at the sight of his dark eyes.

“I suppose you make a suitable Juliet…” Evan said as he caressed her cheek.  “Your beauty is one to behold, that is true.  But…I am curious as to how your face will change when you scream and cry.  You were spared the first time…only because I wanted to know what it was like to pierce Keisha as Tyler had done so many times before…” he said as he caressed her face and when he stroke his thumb across her bottom lip, she bit the appendage.  “You stupid bitch!” he scream as he sent a back hand across her left cheek.  Keisha flinched and closed her eyes as she heard Julie scream.  When she opened her eyes, she saw a three inch cut across Julie’s cheek.  She saw the ruby ring on Evan’s hand that cut her face. 

“Don’t hurt her!” Keisha begged but Evan just merely smirked.  She wanted to protect Julie from this, but even she knew that Julie would have to be acquainted with the excruciating pain.

“You and I know that is not going to happen, Keisha.  Your beautiful friend should know this pain, too.  She should suffer for making me wait so long to have you…” Evan said as he stood up and produced another spike from his pouch.  “She should suffer for biting me…”

“Please, don’t!  Leave her alone!  Don’t!” Keisha begged, uselessly, as she heard the ear-piercing shriek come from Julie as he stabbed the spike into her arm.

“Do you want another, Julie-et?!” Evan asked with a deranged look in his eyes and Julie shook her head as she tried to control her sobs.  “Then, don’t bite me again…” he said as he walked away.  “I’ll prepare dinner for you two…you must be starving…” he said with a laugh as he left the room.  Julie was still sobbing and Keisha fought the urge to cry.

“Julie…” Keisha said in a soft voice.  “I’m sorry…I’m so…sorry…” she said as she couldn’t hold it in any longer.  Julie didn’t speak…she couldn’t speak.  The pain was too much.  She didn’t know how Keisha could stand it…how she could only scream and not cry.

Moments passed, as Keisha was tortured with guilt as she heard the sound of her friend sobbing and crying.  When the door opened, Julie began to shake with fear as Evan returned.  He had a repair kit in his hand.  When he removed the spike, he smiled when Julie screamed.  He began to cleanse and wrap her wound without a word spoken.  Julie just glared daggers in his direction and he just smirked wider as he watched her.  He left the room again with a dark chuckle sounding his throat before he slammed the door shut.

“So…this is what they do…” Julie finally spoke in a horse voice.  “Cause pain, then repair the damage…as if they didn’t cause it?”

“Yes…” Keisha said in a whisper.  “Julie…we have to get out of here.  If he gives you food, you eat it.  We need our strength to get out.”

“Get out?!  Keisha, we’re tied…no, we’re chained to a fucking bed!  There is no getting out!  We’re going to…die.  I didn’t even say I love you to Greg, before this…I’m so stupid.”

“We are going to get out.  These chains are strong, but what they’re attached to, isn’t.  If we continue to pull on our chains, the metal loops they’re attached to will eventually give out.  You just have to try an be strong, Julie.  I know you can.  That diva attitude you’ve had for years didn’t disappear in one night.  Just stay strong…” Keisha said before the door opened again.

“Dinner is served, m’ladies.” Evan said as he wheeled in a cart with a turkey on it.  “What have you two best friends have been discussing?  Are you comparing your threshold for pain?  How adorable you two are…?” he said as he began carving the turkey.  “Tell me, Julie…was it good for you as it was obviously enjoyable for me?”

“Go to hell…” Keisha said before Julie could answer.  He was sicker than Tyler and he knew it.  He just still referred to Tyler as the master because he kidnapped her twice.

“Do not talk out of turn, Keisha…shame on you.  For that, I will reward Julie with the biggest slice to turkey…” Evan said with a sick smirk as he continued carving the turkey.

Chapter 8 by mocasoul

Liza spent hours going over every letter the copy-cat sent to Tyler.  It was sickening that the killer wrote his letters in blood and in such a calligraphic hand.  It was almost as if he was trying to make something beautiful about torture and murder.

She knew she had to talk to Tyler alone if she wanted him to trust her enough to tell her something.  Bringing Keisha and Will in there didn’t help, and she was losing time.  One thing Will was right about Tyler was that he cared about Keisha.  Maybe she could use that to her advantage.

“Detective Rotand…” Tyler said as he saw her already sitting in the conference room.  He sat down at the table and she rolled her eyes.  He was irritated with this, but if he had to play this game to keep that crazy bastard from taking something that belonged to him, what belonged to him was his privileged to kill Keisha.  “To what do I owe the displeasure of seeing you?”

“I don’t want to see you, either, Tyler.  I’ll get to the point.  The less I’m in here with you, the more time I can spend on finding Keisha and Julie.  Now, I know you claim to not know this killer, but I think you do.”

“I told you I don’t know him.  If he knew me, fine.  I guess, I didn’t really notice the males counterparts in my life.  He’s a fan, so what?”

“You fool everyone with that apathetic attitude, but you don’t fool Will or me.  It is tearing you up inside that he has her and you don’t.  He could finish the job you could’ve done, but you’re stuck in prison.  All you want, now, is to pierce her soft caramel skin with a sharpened spike and see her crimson blood spill all over her skin like silk.”

“Are you trying to give me a hard-on, detective?” Tyler asked with a sick smirk on his face as he leaned forward.  “My, what colorful and descriptive language you have…”

“You’d develop that too if you read as much sick shit as I have in one sitting.  But, that’s all you’ll ever do.  Read about it, I mean.  The copy-cat killer has Keisha to do whatever he wants and all you can do is jealously read about it.” she said and he glared at her as if he wanted to kill her.  She was striking a nerve.  “Now, unless you lied to Keisha and told her you knew him, you better think back to who the killer might be.  You don’t really know him, do you?”

“Fuck you!  How do you know I was lying to you when you came in here with Will and the nerd?  I could’ve just said I didn’t really know him.”

“See, I know you’re lying, Tyler.  You don’t know him.  If you did, you wouldn’t be scrambling to dance around the subject.  You’d have a more carefully, put together, clever way of dancing around this for your sick amusement, but you’re not.  You don’t know him, and it’s bothering you.  You lied just so you could talk with her…so you could have more time with her.”

“I didn’t really lie to her.  I know the guy is someone I knew in college…maybe even that dumbass fraternity I was in, but that’s all I could think of.  He mentioned seeing me for the first time in one of the letters.  Didn’t you read it?”

“Yes, I know the one you’re talking about.  His third letter to you.  He said you seemed detached from the rest while others cheered and jested.  What does that mean to you?”

“How the fuck should I know?!” Tyler asked with a bewildered look.  If this chick thought he was going to pull out something from his college years after many years of thinking about Keisha, she was insane.

“Think, Tyler!  What could he have been talking about?  Cheered and jested…that sounds like he’s describing a party.”

“Please…” Tyler said with a scoff.  “Most of the time those losers were so busy trying to fuck some drunk bitch, we barely saw each other there.  Try again.”

“How about you help me out here?  What did your fraternity do that involved ‘cheering and jesting’”? Liza asked as she pushed the letter in front of him.  Tyler looked at the letter and read it over and over again.  He still didn’t know.  Why didn’t this guy just come out and say who he really was?  He wouldn’t have given the letter to the police.  He just wanted him to leave Keisha for him, for she was his to kill.  There was something that stuck out in his mind from another letter.  He mentioned a ritual.  Maybe he was talking about rush week.

“Rush week!” Tyler exclaimed and Liza looked a bit confused.  “In a few letters after that, he called the first time he saw me a ritual.” Tyler said as Liza scattered them on the table and found the letter he was referring to.  “During rush week, we would break down the pledges by making them do stupid shit and we’d make fun of them.”

“Hazing.” she said and he rolled his eyes.  Nothing those bastards ever did could be considered hazing.  It was just harmless fun at the pledges expense.

“Anyway, that shit would always seem so ritualistic and boring.  I would dread those things and always couldn’t wait to get to the girl I’ve been keeping locked up.  I’d think about her blood and her screams and had to fight the hard-ons I would get.”

“Get to the point, Tyler…” Liza said as she rolled her eyes at Tyler’s walked down twisted memory lane.  This guy was demented.

“When we’d break down the pledges, we’d line them up and we’d point out their weakness in front of the other pledges and brothers.  It could be stupid shit like wearing the frat’s colors, a total desperate move.  Or the way they dressed.  Or the way they talked.  It was mostly done by the frat brothers and they would all look like dicks.”

“But not you, of course.” she said and Tyler smirked.  “So, do you know if he actually made it into the frat or was he a reject?”

“I don’t know.  I guess you’re going to have to find that out all by yourself, because I’m done talking to you.” Tyler said as he pushed himself from the table and had the guards lead him out of the room and Liza rolled her eyes.

Tyler was shocked he helped Liza this much, but she was right.  That bastard kidnapping Keisha was crossing the line.  If he found out it was one of his dumbass fraternity brothers, he was going to kill him, himself.  Suddenly, he was pushed down by one of the guards escorting him.

“What the hell?!” the guard said as he held Tyler down.  He looked a the other guard and the guards coming toward them.  “He just tried to attack me!”

“What?!” Tyler said feeling like the guard had lost his mind.  “I didn’t do shit to you!”

“I saw it, he tried to attack him.” the other guard said and Tyler began to trash around as he tried to break free of the hold the guard had on him.  This was a damn set-up.

“Take him to the hole…” another guard said and they pulled Tyler up and tried to hold him as he struggled.  His cries of them framing him were ignored as he was led to solitary confinement.  When the two guards reached the guard in charge of the block, they signaled to him and he led them to a confinement cell.  The two guards when inside while the third guard stood at the door.  They beat him up until he was too weak to stand before sticking a syringe in his arm and everything began to blur for Tyler until it all went black.  The guard outside tapped on the door before he opened it and he smiled when he saw Tyler unconscious on the floor.

“You ready?” he asked and the two guards nodded as they dragged Tyler out of the cell and down a secret passage out of the prison and into the field with a van miles away from the complex.

“Jason, you sure this is right?” one guard, the youngest one, asked.

“Relax, the guy said if we help break Tyler out, there would be a big pay out waiting for us and we wouldn’t have to work this shitty job anymore.  Seems right to me.”

Chapter 9 by mocasoul

Keisha knew she had to fight, but part of her figured it was pointless.  She didn’t know much about Tyler, but she knew even less about Evan and that made him more dangerous.  The one thing she did know about him was that he was in love with Tyler.

“Keisha!  Were you listening to me?!” Evan said as he bandaged her arm again.  He had stabbed her with two spikes, earlier.  He realized he actually liked watching Keisha’s reactions to being pierced rather than Julie.  Keisha always had this expectant look in her eyes when she would see the spike, but her screams would always indicate surprise each time.

“No, I wasn’t.” she said a she glared at him.  “I don’t listen to imitators that much…” she said before Evan chuckled before he slapped her.

“I really wish Tyler warned me about your smart fucking mouth…” he said as before he gripped her arm and put painful pressure on her wounds causing her to scream out.

“Maybe he wanted you to be surprised!  He always did like my smart fucking mouth…in his twisted way…” she said as her eyes burned into his.

“Really, now?” he asked with a smirk on his face.  Something in his eyes held a big secret and that caused Keisha to want to back down a bit.

“Just hurry up and bandage me…” she said as she turned her head away from him.  The only good thing about him hurting her was that he left Julie alone.  Now, he barely touched Julie with the exception of stolen kisses and face caresses.

“I suppose I should hurry.  I have some business to attend to.” Evan said as he finished bandaging her wounds.  Once he was done, he gave her a kiss on her forehead, to which she turned away in disgust, and left the room.

“Keisha…” Julie asked in a weak tone.  “She was exhausted from crying.  Though, she was thankful Evan stopped hurting her, she felt guilty that he was hurting Keisha more.  “I can’t…”

“Yes, you can, Julie.  Just hold on a bit longer.  Come on, pull at those chains a little bit longer.  The loops will give out.”

“I can’t.  I’m too tired.  My arms and legs are on fire and I feel…drained.  I just want to go home!  I want to be with Greg!”

“I want you to be with Greg…which is why we have to…shh, he’s coming back.” Keisha said as she heard footsteps coming towards the room.  It sounded like he was rolling something.  Great more food, she thought.

“Hello, ladies.  Did I interrupt yet another conversation?” he asked as he wheeled in something that was hidden under a large sheet.  “I have a gift for you, Keisha.  Would you like to open it?” he asked with a gleeful grin on his face.

“Unchain me and I’ll open all the gifts you want…” Keisha said making that statement sound like a threat and Evan laughed.

“Well, since I can not do that, I will open this gift for you just this once.” he said as he grabbed a fistful of the sheet and lifted it, slightly.  With a hard yank backwards, Evan revealed a still drugged Tyler tied to the chair with his head hanging forward.  “Ta da!”

“No!” Keisha screamed and Julie looked at her with shock.  Just then, Keisha realized that, even though he hated Tyler with all of her being, she still didn’t want to see him dead.  Not until he told her why he is the way his is, at least.

“Calm down, unknowing queen.  He is still alive.  Twas the only way I could, successfully, break him out of prison so he could join us.  The drugs will wear off in a while.  Until then, why don’t you and I talk, hmm?”

“Fuck you!” Keisha said as she watched him sit on the bed next to her.  Her eyes flickered back and forth from the unconscious Tyler to the evil Evan.  Tyler looked like he had been roughed up and she wondered why.  She knew he wouldn’t have to be forced to come here.  He would jump at the chance to torture her again.

“Keisha, Keisha, Keisha, don’t you want to save some of that fight when the master wakes up?” Evan said as he caressed her hair.  “You have no idea how much I have been wanting to see the master in action.  Hearing about it and reading about it would never compare.”

“Good thing you have a front row seat, then…” Keisha said sarcastically.  She didn’t want Tyler to be dead, but she didn’t want him to wake up, either.

“I certainly do…” Evan said before he gasped in excitement.  Tyler was starting to come to.  “Yes, Tyler…do wake up.” he said before Tyler’s eyes fluttered open.

“What the fuck?!” Tyler asked as he looked around the dim room searching for the pricks that did this to him.  “Where the fuck am I?”

“Hello, Tyler…” Evan said as he shifted causing Tyler to look in his direction and that’s when he saw Keisha.  His heart began to race with anticipation, and he didn’t even know if he was a captive, himself.  All he knew was that Keisha was in his presence again.  “Allow me to introduce myself as I help you out of that chair.” he said as he stood up from the bed and pulled out his dagger.  He began cutting the ropes that bound his feet together.  “I am, Evan, your apprentice, master.” he said as the ropes fell and he began working on the ropes binding his wrists.  “Forgive this, master, but it was the only way for the guards I hired to get you out of that prison.  They should be driving to their deaths right now as punishment for believing such a false story of their compensation.” he said and Tyler looked confused.  “Oh, I rigged the van to explode at a certain time.” he said as casually as if he was talking about the weather.

“Nice touch…” Tyler said as he stared at the guy.  He looked familiar, but he couldn’t think of how he knew the guy.  He looked to be younger than him, so he could’ve been a pledge.  “Evan, was it?” Tyler asked as Evan helped him out of the chair.

“Yes, master?” Evan said with the tone of an attentive servant and Tyler thought it was a bit weird, but he decided to just go with it.

“Thank you for delivering me from that hellhole and into to the arms of…what did you call her?” Tyler asked as he sat on the bed beside Keisha and he loved seeing her panic as he touched her face.  “Was it, my unknowing queen?”

“Yes it was, master.” Evan said and Tyler cringed in annoyance.  This guy was already a problem and he barely knew him.

“Call me Tyler.  I never really was a fan of that flowery language, anyway.  So, I see you also have Julie…” he said as he turned to a frightened Julie staring at him as if she had seen a ghost.  He smirked as he stared at the cut across the beauty queen’s face.  “It’s nice to see you again, Julie.  You look so different…less slutty than the last time I saw you oh so many years ago.”

“You look like shit!” Julie spit out at him and he laughed hard causing Keisha’s bed to shake and she whimpered when his hand landed on her leg.

“By the way, your fiancé…is a real piece of work.  Why don’t you just admit you’re in it for the money instead of leading the poor nerd on like that?” he said as he turned around not giving her a chance to respond.  “Keisha…” he said as he caressed her arm as he stared into her eyes.  When he felt the bandages on her arms, he grew angry and paused as he caressed it.  He didn’t give a shit about whatever Evan did to Julie, but hurting Keisha was crossing the line.  “Evan?” he called to him and he came over.  Tyler gave Evan a back hand slap and Evan stumbled a little as he held his face.  “Don’t touch Keisha again!  Understood?” he asked and Evan nodded like obedient servant.

Chapter 10 by mocasoul

Will and Greg were with the Liza and a team of detectives and cops.  They were frustrated that the only four people who could talk about breaking Tyler out of prison were now dead.  Of course, the only remains of the guards were charred remains.  The only reason they knew about the deaths of the guards was the appearance of another blood-written letter from the copy-cat.

“Will,” Greg said to get his attention.  “I can’t take this shit.  The one guy that could tell us where they are, is working with his fucking protégé or whatever.  I can’t lose Julie.  I love her.”

“I know you do, and you won’t lose her.  We won’t lose them.  I swear, if we find them, whether Keisha and Julie are alive or…let’s just say, Tyler would be lucky if I kill him quickly.”

“Don’t say that, man.  You’re not like Tyler and that sick bastard.  You care about Keisha and I’m sure she wouldn’t want you to kill like them.”

“I’m not so sure about that.  When we were kidnapped, after Tyler had killed Jade, I had to stop Keisha from killing him.  She was so close to killing him.  Now, I wish I had let her kill him.  If I had known this would happen…I would’ve let her kill him with not regrets.”

“You didn’t know there was going to be a copy-cat killer.  It’s probably better if you didn’t kill him, because we wouldn’t know anything about this guy if you hadn’t kept Tyler alive.”

“I know, but…I just fucking hate him.  I hate him for what he did to Keisha and for what he did to me…and for what he’s doing to Julie.”

“I’m worried about Julie.  She’s never been through anything like this.  She’s not as strong as you think.  She’s a very vulnerable person.”

“She’ll be strong…she has to be.  Just know that…she won’t be the same after this.  I’m different after I was kidnapped.  Keisha…I don’t know, man.  This could be the time she finally loses it.  All I know is…if I lose her because of this son of a bitch, I’ll never forgive him.”

“Will, Greg.” Liza called to them.  “You guys should get some rest.  It’s not good for you two to hang around here with no sleep or food.  Let us do our jobs.”

“You doing your job allowed Tyler to be free to torture Keisha and Julie!  I’m not going anywhere until you find that sick son of a bitch and his apprentice.”

“Will, this isn’t solving anything.  I know you’re angry and worried, but there’s information we can’t share with you about this case and you don’t need to be here.”

“I can’t go home because I don’t want to feel like I didn’t do anything to help.  And fuck getting rest.  The only way, I’ll be able to rest is if you guys catch Tyler and his copy-cat.”

“Just try…now, if you’ll excuse me I have to talk to someone.” Liza said as she walked off.

“She’s right, Will.” Greg said and Will turned to him.  “I’m really tired and hungry and being here isn’t really helping.  They’re doing their jobs.”

“I just don’t want to feel like I gave up.” Will said with a frustrated sigh.  “Fine, I need to get out of here.  Let’s go.” Will said before he and Greg left the station.

Liza felt sorry for Will and Greg, but she couldn’t have them here.  She still didn’t have any luck with Tyler fraternity brothers.  Some of them didn’t even want to be associated with Tyler because of his killer reputation.  Some were family men with wives and children.  Some were still single and chasing ass, but neither of them were killers.

“Liza.” a male detective called her over.  “These are the pledges from the year Keisha was first taken by Tyler.” he said as he showed her a photo and ledger with names in it.  “I’ve been able to talk to all of the guys except three.  One of these three guys have to be the copy-cat.”

“Drew, Evan, and Neil…find out where they are, what they’re doing, and why they’re so hard to track down.” Liza said as she stared at the photo.

Meanwhile in the room of torture, Tyler spent most of this time preparing himself for piercing Keisha with a spike.  He wanted to take his time and make it perfect.

“You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to do this again, Keisha.” Tyler said as he caressed her cheek.  “A part of me wonders if you’ve been waiting for this, too.”

“I haven’t.  Believe me…” Keisha said as she glared at him and he chuckled.  She was still brave after all this time.  “I dread every second I think about you.”

“Ah, but you do admit that you think of me.  I won’t delay this much longer.” Tyler said before he leaned down to her ear.  “I’m just aching to hear you scream again…” he whispered in her ear and he loved feeling her tremble.

“Master…er, Tyler.  I have other instruments you could use…” Evan said as if he was a brown-nosing student trying to earn extra bonus points.

“Yeah?  What kind of instruments?” Tyler asked as he walked over to Evan.  He saw laid out on the table at the end of the room were various types of torture devices.  He was impressed with Evan.  He was better than he thought.

“This one is my favorite.” Evan said as he held up a needle that had slanted barbs along the length of it.  Tyler stared at the needle and shrugged his shoulders.  It really wasn’t him.

“Where did you get these things?” Tyler asked as he picked up what looked like a metal version of leech.  The long, metal teeth in a metal tube looked like it would grab on like a leech.

“I’m a collector of sorts of Victorian medical instruments.  I find they do the most damage and produce the best screams.”

“I bet they do.” Tyler said feeling annoyed with his copy-cat.  All he wanted to do was torture Keisha and hear her sweet screams.  This guy was almost killing the mood.  Almost.  “I’ll take this one…” Tyler said as he picked up the artificial leech.

“That is an excellent choice…” Evan said with twisted glee in his eyes.  He was tingling with excitement of watching Tyler in action.  He didn’t know whether he would participate by trying his own instruments on Julie-et, or to just watch Tyler.  Either way, he would be happy.  He was disappointed that Tyler had forbidden him from touching Keisha.  She was much more interesting than Julie.  Maybe he would kill her since she’s of no use to Tyler or himself.

“Keisha, Keisha, Keisha…where should I place this little beauty?” Tyler asked feeling jolts of excitement coursing through his body.  He vaguely heard Julie say something.  “What was that, Julie?” Tyler said as he stood next to her bed and she began to shake with fear as she stared at the instrument in his hands.  “Repeat it.” Tyler demanded.

“Up…your…ass…” Julie said and Tyler smirked at the quiver in her voice.  He could practically hear Keisha’s heart beating out of her chest in fear of what he might do to Julie.

“Julie, you are so lucky, you’re not the one I’m after, otherwise, you’d have this in your body…” Tyler said as he walked to Keisha’s bed.  “Now, you Keisha…you deserve this.” he said as he sat on the bed beside her and she began to cry silent tears.

Suddenly, he climbed into the bed with her and straddled her.  The look of complete terror in her eyes caught him off guard.  It wasn’t the look in her eyes.  It was his reaction to it.  He wanted to hurt her, but something in him couldn’t.  He wanted to kill her, but he didn’t wan to do it this way.  Right now, all he wanted to do was kiss her and make love to her…make her his.

“Tyler…” Evan began.  “What’s wrong?  Is that instrument not good enough.  I have others.” he said and Tyler rolled his eyes.

“I don’t want others.  I want to wait.  I want to prolong the anticipation of hearing her screams.  It would be more rewarding when I finally do it.” Tyler said trying to convince himself of that.  Yeah, that was the reason he didn’t want to hurt Keisha just then.

Chapter 11 by mocasoul

Time was ticking along and Tyler still hadn’t hurt Keisha.  Evan was growing restless.  He was beginning to think his master was weaker than he.  Maybe he have been locked away for too long.  Perhaps, he needed encouragement.  Since Keisha was forbidden to him, Julie would have to suffice.  He grinned as he walked closer to Julie’s bed.

“My dear, Julie-et.  How neglected you’ve become.  I shall fix this…” Evan said as he sat on the bed beside her and she squirmed away from him.  He laughed at her attempt and loved the fear in her eyes.  She looked more beautiful than when she was afraid.

“Don’t!” Keisha screamed before Tyler covered her mouth with his hand.  She tried to trash around in the bed, but her chains wouldn’t allow much room to move.

“Quiet.  Let’s watch what he does…” Tyler said as he stared into her eyes.  He was so angry that he couldn’t go through with hurting Keisha, he wanted someone to be punished for it.  Why not her annoying ass friend?  He nearly moaned as he felt Keisha’s teeth graze his hand in an attempt to bite his palm.  The wet heat of her tongue and saliva against his skin caused his cock to jump to a hardened state.  He wanted to fuck her so bad.

“Thank you, Tyler.” Evan said as he turned to Tyler with an appreciative smile and Tyler just rolled his eyes and motioned for him to continue.  Evan turned back to Julie and she screamed as he climbed into the bed with her.  He straddled her waist and she tried to kick her legs and yank the chains attached to her wrists.  He lifted the skirt of her costume dress and caressed her thigh.  She screamed as he moved his hand higher to her hip.  “Relax, Julie-et.  I would never violate you in such a way.  I don’t make love to sluts like you.” he said with a sneer as he stared at her.

“Get off of me!” Julie screamed as she began bucking her hips to get him off her, but it was no use.  Even Evan’s thin frame was too heavy for her to buck in her weakened state.  He had been feeding them, but not enough to keep up their strength.

“Shut the fuck up!” Evan yelled before he gripped her throat and he could hear Keisha scream into Tyler’s hand.  He turned to stare at Tyler and to see how proud he was making him, but Tyler wasn’t even looking at him.  His eyes were glued to Keisha.  What was it about her that made him notice her more than him?  He would make Tyler notice him.  Suddenly, he pulled a spike from his pouch and he loved hearing Julie sob and scream as she saw the shiny metal.

“Ah!” Tyler screamed as Keisha, successfully, bit his hand and in a fit of anger, he smacked her.  “You bitch!” he yelled and Evan turned to them with twisted glee.  “Evan, give me that fucking spike…” he said as he never took his eyes off Keisha.  This was his chance to hurt her.  She did bite him, after all.  Evan handed the spike to Tyler with the anticipation of a school girl.  “I’ve waited long enough…” Tyler said before he, roughly, yanked Keisha’s long skirt up to her waist and caressed her thigh.  He straddled her and positioned the spike at her chest over heart.

“Please…” Keisha begged as sobbed and stared into his icy blue eyes.  She knew he wanted to kill her, but she thought she would have more time.  Something in his eyes…she saw it.  She saw the hesitation in his eyes.  He couldn’t kill her.

“Do it!” Evan screamed with glee.  Keisha turned her eyes to him and saw the crazed look in his eyes as he stared at the scene before him.  “Kill her!  Make that bitch pay for what she did to you!  Make her pay for keeping you waiting!”

“Don’t!” Julie screamed as she tried to move, but Evan’s body was too heavy.  “Get off!” she screamed when Evan turned briefly from the scene to kiss Julie.  She screamed as she attempted to clamp her mouth shut.  For a guy who didn’t ‘make love’ to sluts like her, he didn’t have a problem planting his chapped lips on hers.

“I’ll make an exception for you, Julie-et.” he said as if he was reading her mind.  He turned back to Tyler and was beginning to see the hesitation in his eyes.  “Do it!”

Suddenly, Tyler shifted before plunged the spike into Keisha’s arm and she let out a blood-curdling scream.  He felt euphoria as he heard her screams.  A wave of pleasure washed over him as he wallowed in the sound of her screams.  Before he realized it, he was rocking his hips against her and he let out a moan.  He wanted her more than anything now.  He twisted the spike a little earning him antoher delicious scream.  Her warm blood heating up his hands.  He needed to be alone with her, he needed to get rid of Evan and Julie.

“I want to be alone with Keisha…” Tyler said and Evan looked confused.  “You heard me!  I want to be alone with Keisha.  Take Julie somewhere.  I don’t give a shit where…just get her out of here…” he said as he slid off Keisha.

“No!” Julie screamed as Evan grinned and kissed her cheek.  She was going to die and die at the hands of Evan.  “Don’t!  Please…I have a fiancé!” she said knowing that it was a long shot of hit actually working, but she was willing to give it a try.  She screamed and thrashed as she watched him slide off of her and go over to a table near her bed.  He had a syringe with him.  She screamed when he stuck her with the needle.

“Goodnight, Julie-et…” he said as he pushed the contents into her loving the sound of her screams fading as she was knocked out.  “Enjoy yourself, Tyler…” Evan said as he unchained Julie and dragged her from the bed and into room.  Tyler turned to a sobbing Keisha.

“He’s even sicker than me…” Tyler said as he removed the spike and began cleaning her wound.  “I wanted to do this, to make you pay, but not like this.  He’s ruining everything…”

“Fuck you…” Keisha said before he applied painful pressure to her wound and she let out a scream.  “That’s all you got?  You better hope he doesn’t kill Julie…I’ll come after you.  You know I will.  I’ve been through this before…”

“I know…it was because of me.” he said as he stared into her eyes.  “How about you make a deal with the devil?  You give me one night with you…loving you, and I’ll promise you, Julie won’t die at Evan’s hands.” he said and Keisha glared at him.

“You’re sick…this isn’t a game!  I hate you!  Nothing you could say or do could make me love you the way your twisted mind wants me to.”

“Not even if I agree to tell you the truth as to why I’m like this.  Come on, Keisha, you know you want to know.  It’s killing you not knowing.  That’s why you came to see me that day.”

“The last time we agree to that you lied to me.  No.  I’d rather die than to let you do that to me again!” she said and he smirked.  “Don’t smirk like that!  You know you’re not going to tell me the truth and you are going to let his sick bastard…”

“I won’t allow him to kill her if you agree and I promise I won’t lie to you.  If you want to know…I’ll tell you everything.  Just…love me…” Tyler said as he laid next to her and buried his head in the crook of her neck and inhaled her scent.  The smell of blood in the air mixed with the perfume of her skin was a heavenly mixture.

“Why should I believe you?” she asked with a quiver in her voice and he wrapped his arms around her and she jumped when he held her to him.

“Maybe…I’m tired of you not knowing.  Maybe…I think you’re special and you should at least know why I’m this way before you die.” he said and Keisha cringed at the words.  “I want to share this part of myself with you…” he whispered into her ear.

“Fine…” Keisha said as she felt silent tears roll down her face as he stared at her in shock.  “Just know if you don’t keep up your part of this deal, I will survive and torture you ass until you are too weak and too old to survive.” she said as she glared at him and he smirked.

Chapter 12 by mocasoul

 

Two out of the three guys have been found.  Neil, moved to Germany and had been living there after he graduated college.  Drew, was as homeless drug addict.  Both of them didn’t even think about Kappa Sigma after they didn’t make it.  Liza knew they were still on her radar, but they all seemed to move on with their lives.  Tracking down Evan was tricky.  His parents died when he was young and he was left with only one aunt and a grandfather who had been dead for almost five years.  His aunt, Claire, was admitted into a mental facility and diagnosed with schizophrenia a year ago…exactly when the copy-cat murders began.  Liza decided to pay her a visit.

“Claire, since I called earlier so you know why I’m here.” Liza said as she watched the woman nod.  “I’ve been told you held off taking your medication…”

“Only for the past two days.  I didn’t want to be drugged while talking to you about my nephew.  I haven’t seen him for quite some time…”

“How long ago was that?” Liza asked as she stared at the woman with newly brightened eyes.  She could tell if she was on her meds her eyes would be glazed and she wouldn’t be as aware of Liza’s presence in the room.

“About 10 months ago.  He came more in the beginning, but now…he doesn’t show up.  I guess he doesn’t need his crazy aunt in his life.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, how far along in your illness were you before you were admitted?” Liza asked and Claire shrugged.  Liza turned to the doctor assigned to supervise this visit.  “How far into her illness?”

“Let’s step outside for a moment, shall we?” the doctor said as Liza followed him into the hallway.  “She’s been exhibiting the early signs of schizophrenia upon her arrival.  Her prior health records show that she was perfectly fine.  She didn’t even exhibit any signs of depression or psychotic episodes until two years ago.”

“Is that normal?” Liza asked as she stared into the room at Claire flipping through a magazine.  She turned back to the doctor.

“It’s not common, but it does happen.  The thing is, when she tried to foregoing medication a few months ago, a friendly nurse asked if her nephew was coming back.  She began to have an episode and before we could sedate her, she kept screaming that he was trying to poison her.  When she arrived, she was having an episode that she was sedated immediately.  Evan was by her side and he seemed completely frightened and had said that she tried to attack him with a knife.  In Evan’s words, any violence towards her was in self-defense.

“Something tells me you didn’t believe his story.” Liza said and the doctor nodded.  “From my little knowledge of schizophrenia, I know that it’s a disease of the brain and, correct me if I’m wrong, certain chemicals could affect the brain and could be the cause.”

“Yes, that is one of the causes.  In fact, lead is one of those compounds that have been proven to cause schizophrenia.  Claire, had a high amount of lead exposure when we did some blood work.  The home she had been living it was built in the 1960s and she’s been living there with her late father and Evan.  It’s a little odd that she’s had such a high amount.  When we’ve looked at the blood work of her father, he didn’t have as high of a content.  And when we tested Evan, he had an even lower amount.  I’ve become convinced, with Claire’s high lead exposure, that Evan was, indeed, poisoning her.”

“If, Evan was poisoning her and if there was lead exposure to all three of them, would it be safe to say that his poisoning her was a psychotic effect of his lead exposure.” Liza asked and he nodded.  Liza feared that could be the reason.

“It’s possible.  I’m not sure, but if I could test him again…maybe have a scan of…” he trailed off as he saw Claire walking towards the door.  “We’ll be right there, Claire.” he said before he opened the door for Liza.  “I have to check up on another patient…”

“It’s okay.  I’ll just say goodbye to her.  It shouldn’t take long.” Liza said as she sensed his unease with leaving her alone with Claire unsupervised.

“You think he’s poisoned me, don’t you.  I didn’t hear everything, but I know you think he poisoned me.  I’m not making this up.  Evan is the devil.  A bad seed.  My sister knew it.  That’s why she took her husband’s life and then her own.  I walked in when she held the knife to Evan’s throat.  There was…so much blood on her hands.  So much blood…He…drew patterns…in the blood…” she trailed off and Liza stood up and opened the door and called a nurse.  She was on the verge of a psychotic episode.

Liza rushed back to the station with this new information.  She was greeted with the sight of Will and Greg waiting by her desk.  They looked agitated and annoyed.  She knew they were worried, but she really wished they would stay away from the station.

“Liza, we got another letter.  It was delivered to Greg’s job.  Like all the other letters, no one saw who delivered them.” Will said as he handed Liza the note.  The letter bragged about how much Julie and Keisha are screaming and bleeding at the hands of Tyler and his ‘apprentice’.  The note also bragged about how they were separated and how much Julie cried and begged for Greg.

“This sick son of a bitch has my fiancé and it’s her blood on the letter.  I can’t lose her.  Do something.  Have you even tried to find him?!”

“We have and what we can tell you is that the copy-cat killer was a Kappa Sigma pledge the year Tyler started kidnapping girls.  His name is Evan, but I can’t tell you anymore.”

“Can you at least tell us if you know where they are?” Greg begged as he was on the verge of tears.  He needed his fiancé to be okay.

“Look, we believe they are located in his grandfather’s house, and we have a team at the house as we speak.  But please, don’t ask anymore questions.”

“Liza!” said another detective as he rushed to her.  “The house is abandoned.  It’s been condemned when it was discovered there was high risk of lead poisoning.  However, there was a note…” he said as he handed her an evidence bag with a note inside.

Looks can be deceiving, my dearest friends.  So close, yet so far.  Perhaps, you shall guess it right next time.  Until then…


Ripper’s Apprentice

Liza started at the note and noticed something on the back of it.  There was dried brown paint on the back that could’ve been mistaken for blood.  This definitely looked like paint.

“Run the note to the lab.  You see here…” she said as she pointed to the paint stain.  This is dried paint.  When the note was written, whatever he was writing on, had paint that didn’t dry so quickly.  If we can trace the paint brand, we could probably find them.”

“Okay, I’ll see if we can get the results ASAP.” the other detective said as he grabbed the bag and walked away.

“Where could he have them if it’s not his grandfather’s house?” Will asked and Liza shrugged her shoulders.

“We’ll have to wait for the results.  It shouldn’t take long.  Just please, let us do our jobs.  We want to find them as much as you do.”

“What if it’s just another game?” Greg asked and Liza stared at him with a sympathetic look.  She hoped in her gut that testing the note would lead them to Tyler and Evan.

 

Chapter 13 by mocasoul

Keisha knew this was a horrible idea, but she had to have faith that Tyler would keep his word about not letting Evan hurt Julie anymore.  She wasn’t stupid, she knew he had planned on killing them, but to have this stranger kill them would be an insult.  She just had to figure out a way for her and Julie to make it out of there.

“Keisha…” Tyler said as he began caressing her face.  He was staring at her with loving eyes and all she wanted to do was vomit.  “I hate you in this costume.  It’s not a exciting as seeing you in your angel costume.  The contrast of pure white against your dark skin.”

“Are you going to tell me or not?” Keisha said as she held back a gag as he kissed her neck.  She felt violated and disgusted, and she was beginning to regret this decision.

“I’ll tell you, Keisha.  But first…” he said as he pulled her closer to him.  “I want to just feel you near me.” he said as he exhaled in ecstasy.  “You have no idea how much I’ve wanted to just hold you like this.  Well, if there weren’t chains in the way, of course.  Your body is so warm and soft and…” he said as he moved his hands to her chest and ran his hands across the swell of her breasts.  Keisha held back her disgusted tears.  A means to an end, she repeated in her head.

“You said your mother is to blame.  Why?  Be honest this time…” she said as she stared into his icy blue eyes.  The burned with hatred at the mention of his mother.

“Why are you ruining this by bringing up that bitch, now?!  Couldn’t you have waited until we’ve made love?” Tyler asked and Keisha looked frightened.  “Remember our agreement?”

“I didn’t agree to that!  I agreed to let you molest me, which is what you’re doing, by the way.  I would never make love to you.”

“I really don’t want to take you by force again, Keisha.  And if I have to, then this deal is off and Evan can do all the sick shit he wants to Julie.”

“You’re not going to stop him, anyway…” Keisha said as she stared into his eyes is hatred that burned brighter each second.

“You don’t know that.  He practically fucking worships me.  He would do anything I say.  I would tell you anything you want as long as you allow me to love you and make love to you.  You know, sometimes…I think how we would’ve been if I wasn’t this fucked up monster.  That’s the reason why I, now, think you deserve to know why I am the way I am…”

“Then tell me…” Keisha said as she couldn’t hold in the silent tears that fell from her eyes.  Tyler let out a sigh as he moved his hand down to her leg.  He lifted the long skirt to her costume and pushed it upwards before placing his hands on her thigh.  Keisha laid there motionless as she felt her body being violated by Tyler again.

“My mother didn’t come from the greatest background.  Basically, she was white trash.” he said as she shifted until he was lying on top of her.  “In fact, she was a stripper before she met my father and go knocked up with me.” he said as he lifted up, slightly and began undoing his pants.  Keisha tried to appear calm because if she played along, she could actually get him to be honest with her and it would be worth it somehow.

“Why do you blame her?” Keisha asked in a quivering tone as she felt Tyler kiss her neck as he began grinding his hips into hers.  She panicked when she felt his cock rub against her thigh and with each movement he was inching closer to her vagina.  “Why do…?” she began asking once again, but before she could finish she felt him grip her thighs.  “Please…” she begged as she stared into his eyes.  There was little hope he would stop, but had to try.  “Don’t…” she said in a quiet voice and Tyler just stared at her with an emotionless face.  “Just tell me why you’re like this…this monster.  Don’t do this…”

“I want to make love to you, Keisha…” he said in a soft voice.  “I want it to be as if I wasn’t this monster.  I want to show you how much of a good guy I can be…or would’ve been.” he said and Keisha knew something in him had broke.  Why was he doing this?  “Give me this, and I’ll tell you everything…” he said before he kissed her.

She didn’t say anything.  She just merely looked to the side as she allowed him to thrust himself into her.  To her surprise and his, she was wet.  She began to cry tears of shame.  What had happened to her to make her react that way?  He began to move slowly…in and out of her as he kissed her cheeks, tenderly.  She felt as if she had gone insane because it was starting to feel good.  Perhaps this is what she wanted in a twisted kind of way.  She allowed her temporary insane moment to reason that this would happen if Tyler wasn’t crazy.  She would’ve been in love with Tyler if he wasn’t fucked up.

“You wanted to know…” Tyler said in between thrusts.  “She wouldn’t leave him.  No matter what he did.  No matter how much I begged, she wouldn’t leave him.  He wasn’t rich, but he wasn’t poor, either.  She kept saying…we were lucky.  We had a home and…” he said as he began to pick up speed.  “She could afford all the nice toys and video games because of him.” he said before he kissed her and her fear returned because it was such a brutal kiss.  “She ignored that he cheated on her every night with whores!  She ignored that he would beat my ass every night!  She would ignore that he would demean me and her saying that she was trash and no matter how much of his sperm I had, I was also trash!” he yelled and Keisha wished she didn’t disturb this sleeping giant.  She didn’t want this.  “I begged and begged and begged!  But, she wouldn’t fucking leave!  She wouldn’t fucking leave!  I’m like this…I went through that hell because of her!  She!  Wouldn’t!  Fucking!  Leave!” Tyler yelled with punctuated thrusts before he came and collapsed on top of her.  “And that’s why I blame that selfish, desperate bitch…” Tyler said into her ear.

“Tyler, I…” Evan said before he came into the room and he paused as he watched the man he love, his kindred spirit soil himself with Keisha.  “What the fucking hell are you doing, Tyler?!” Evan screamed as he rushed towards the bed and pulled Tyler off of Keisha.  “I love you and you’d rather love her!  It’s not fair!  You and I are the same!  She hates you!  I love you more than my own life!  How could you?!”

“Dude, I already told you…I’m into women.  And I’m the master, who the fuck do you think you’re talking to?!  First, you touch Keisha without my permission, but then…you do this shit!  You’re a hack!  I don’t even know who you are!”

“You don’t?” Evan asked in a tone full of hurt that he seemed on the verge of tears.  Suddenly, he grew angry and pulled a spike from his pouch.  “You dare offend your apprentice?  Do you not know that once the apprentice become better than the teacher, he becomes the master?  I have taken more ‘women’ than you!  I have killed twice as many in such a short time!  Being in prison has softened you, Tyler.” Evan said with a smirk and a twisted look in his eyes.  Suddenly, the sound of Julie screaming caught all their attentions.  “Julie-et is awake…” he said as he left the room and locked Tyler inside with her.

“Go after him!  You promised!” Keisha said as she began thrashing about in anger.  Tyler just stood there with a smirk on his face and she knew wasn’t going to risk his life for Julie’s.  He didn’t really care about her anyway.  “No!” she screamed as jerk at her chains and felt the chains attached to her right hand break free.  Once Tyler noticed this, he ran to her before she could escape.  With her free hand, she clawed at his neck, gouging her nails deeper into his flesh hoping she would hit a vein.  She ignored his screams as she continued her assault.  With luck, she reached a vein and felt joy pour out of her as she watched Tyler’s blood spill.  Tyler gripped his neck, as he held her down by her throat.  They both froze at the sound of a scream…Evan’s scream.

Chapter 14 by mocasoul

Liza did a bit of research on Evan as she waited for the forensics results on the paint found on the back of the letter found at his childhood house.  He looked great on paper.  Honor student, graduated at the top of his class, editor for the university online magazine.

“Liza!” called a detective as he rushed to her desk.  “We have the results.  The paint is a mixture of tempera paint and acrylic paint made by this paint company that caters mostly to set design and movie special effects.  Anyway, the last place to purchase this kind of paint was the old Miller Theater downtown.”

“Miller Theater…” Liza trailed off as she thought of something.  “Evan was a theater minor!  I know the university have done plays and musicals at that theater before.”

“Not recently, though.  The theater’s been shut down for some time as a result of a renovations, but it’s been halted because there’s been a slow down with the funding and grant process.  It’s possible that, if he was a theater major at the time, he’s been to the theater.”

“Let’s get a warrant.” Liza said as she grabbed her holster.  Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Will and Greg still sitting at the station.  “I thought I told you guys to go home…”

“You really think we could get some fucking rest when those sick assholes have our girlfriends?” Will said before Greg stared at him with a look that screamed finally.  He and Julie were wondering how long it was going to take Will and Keisha to at least admit they were a couple.

“No, but I was hoping you would at least leave the station…” she said as he rolled his eyes.  “I’m leaving the station and so should you.”

“You found them…I heard the other detective.  I want to be there.” Will said and Liza looked at him as if he was crazy.

“Will, this isn’t some ambulance ride to the hospital.  You can’t be there.  Hell, I don’t even know if they are actually there.  So, wait here and I’ll call you if we do find them.  Now, I really have to go…” Liza said as she brushed past them.

“How the hell can I sit here and do nothing?  There’s no telling what they’ve done to them…” Will said as he ran both his hands over his head.

“You really love Keisha, don’t you?” Greg asked and Will let out a sigh.  “They will find them…they have to…” he said hoping he could believe his own statement.

“I don’t care what Liza says.  We’re going there.  Even if I have to kill the bastard myself…” Will said as he and Greg left the station to go to the theater.

Meanwhile at the Miller Theater, Julie woke up with her wrists tied behind her back and he ankles tied together with wire.  She could vaguely tell at first that she was no longer chained to the bed, but she didn’t know if she was still in the same place as Keisha.  She didn’t know how long she had been out.  She just knew she could hear Tyler and Keisha, but not Evan.

As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could make out a faint red light the shape of a circle.  It was so small it couldn’t light up the room.  It must have been a button.  She squirmed until her back hit a wall…the wire pressing deep into her skin, she was sure it was close to breaking the skin.  Using her elbow, she rocked and pushed up until she was sitting up.  Her legs were positioned in a weird way, but at least she was sitting up.  She wiggled her fingers…they tingled and burned as she was regaining feeling in them.  Her eyes saw a little more clearer…she could barely make out the brick wall opposite of her.  What was she leaning against?  Her knuckles brushed against a grainy surface and she knew it was wood.  Scooting over a bit, she found a nail.  She almost cried tears of relief, but she didn’t want to chance Evan hearing her.  He might still be watching her.  He could be hiding somewhere in the damn room.

She began rubbing and twisting them until they were turned inward.  She found the sharp end of the nail, and began rubbing the wire against the nail.  She hissed out in pain as she stabbed her hand several time, but she knew she couldn’t stop.  Her shoulders burned and her back was killing her with the awkward way she was leaning, but she had to keep trying.  She froze when she heard a voice, she was pretty sure it was Tyler’s, yelling.  Something about she wouldn’t leave.  She panicked when she heard a door open.  Working harder, she felt the wire warm against the nail, but she had to keep trying.  Suddenly, she felt the wire snap and the jerked her hands apart.  Her hands were free, but she didn’t move too much in case Evan was watching her with sick enjoyment of seeing her almost escape.

Feeling safe enough to move, she began working on the wire that bound her feet.  She had found a shard of metal and began sawing at the wire until it snapped open.  Standing on wobbly feet, she stumbled about in the dark.  She was going round the room with steady, unsure hands as she was trying to find her bearings.  She paused when she felt a wooden handle.  She slid her hand up and down the length of the handle until she felt cold metal at one end.  It was a hammer.  Suddenly, she heard Tyler and Evan.  Well, Evan was yelling.  This was a chance.  She crouched down on the ground, hammer in hand.  Once she situated herself, she did the only thing she could that would get Evan to come to her.  She screamed.

“Julie-et, I am so happy you are awake…” he said before Julie whacked him in the knee with the hammer and her heart raced as she heard him scream and his kneecap shattering.  “You bitch!” he yelled before she whacked his other knee.

“You sick son of a bitch!” she screamed as she slammed the hammer down on a part, but she didn’t know what it was.  She just knew she heard him scream.  She stood up and held the hammer in defense as he was writhing on the floor in pain.  She jumped when she felt his hand grab her ankle and she brought the hammer down on his fingers.  She heard a spike fall from his fingers and she reached for it and jabbed his arm.  “Let’s see how you like it!” she screamed as she removed it and stabbed him somewhere else.  She was sure it was it stomach.  Feeling him kick his feet at her, she hit his leg with the hammer until she was sure she broke at least one ankle.

“Julie!” Keisha screamed for her and she froze as she prepared for Tyler to come after her.  She would be ready for him.  “Julie, come quick!” she screamed again and she sounded like she was fighting Tyler herself.  Julie searched for Evan’s pouch.  The key to the chains were in there, she was sure.  “Julie!” Keisha screamed again.

“I’m coming!” Julie hollered back before she slammed the hammer down on Evan’s crotch causing him to let out a girlish scream.  “Where’s the key, you son a bitch?!  Where’s the fucking pouch you carry?!” she screamed before she hit him again.  Julie pawed at the ground until she found the pouch with the key and extra spikes.  She leaped up and scrambled to get to the sliver of light coming from the door Evan entered.

This was a stage.  That was the first thing Julie noticed when she stumbled about in the dimness.  She found the false room in which Keisha was still captured and was greeted with the sight of Tyler bleeding from the neck.  Keisha was still thrashing in the bed as she attempted to break the chains keeping on arm and both her legs to the bed.  Her free hand was covered in blood.  Tyler’s blood.  Julie gave a kick to Tyler before she rushed to the bed and unchained Keisha.

“Julie!  Go get help!  I’ll be fine…just hurry…”

“This room isn’t real!  It’s fake.  We’re sitting on some kind of a stage.”

“Julie!” Evan screamed and they both stared at the door hoping he wasn’t coming.

“I’ll take care of him…” Julie said as she pick up his dagger and left the false room.  Keisha stood up from the bed and stood over Tyler with a spike in her hand.  She had to end this…

Chapter 15 by mocasoul
Author's Notes:

So, I wanted to finish this story before Halloween, but obviously that didn't happen...but, alas, it's done.  Better late than never....

Standing there, over Tyler, with a spike in her hand was something of a dream for Keisha.  She had a chance to end this…with him at least.  There was no telling how many sick “fans” he had like Evan.  She just knew she had to end it with Tyler.  Yet, here she was…all the power in her hands in the form of a spike, and she was frozen.  There was something she wanted to know.

“What the fuck are you waiting for, Keisha?  Do it!” he screamed as he held pressure over the wound in his neck to stop the bleeding.  “Unless you want me to bleed out…”

“I should…I should let your ass suffer the way I’ve suffered.  I thought the first time was bad…it was nothing compared to the second time.  I know why you went after me again.  But, why didn’t you kill me?  Why couldn’t you kill me?”

“I’d rather you kill me than to tell you that…” Tyler said as he glare at her.  Keisha stared at him with such hate he could feel the heat of it coming off her body.  Yet, he could sense she didn’t want to kill him…or she didn’t want him to die without telling her why he couldn’t kill her.

“Tell me…” Keisha said as she sank down to her knees with the spike in her hand aimed and ready to stab him if he tried anything.  “Why didn’t you kill me?  I was a wreck after the first time.  Did you enjoy tormenting me by keeping me alive the second time?”

“No…” Tyler said as she felt his energy draining from him.  He was dying, slowly.  Suddenly, Keisha did something risky and crazy, she was sure Julie would stop her if she’d stayed in the room.  She grabbed part of her elaborate costume and tore off a long strip from the skirt and pushed his hand away from his neck and replace it with the fabric.  She yanked at another piece of the skirt and wrapped it around his neck and tied it tight.  That would slow down the bleeding some.  Long enough for him to tell her why he couldn’t kill her.  She jumped when she heard Evan scream and she knew Julie was getting her revenge.  “Go on…help her.  She’s not as strong as you are, anyway…” he said with a smirk.

“Tell me…” Keisha said as she positioned the spike over his heart.  She knew if she stabbed him there, he would die.  He was going to kill her that way if he hadn’t changed his mind.  She believed Julie could fend for herself.  It was Evan’s screams she was hearing, not Julie’s.

“You wanted to keep me alive longer to hear this…you’re even more twisted than I am…” he said before Keisha slapped him.

“I’m not twisted like you and Evan…” she said with silent tears running down her face.  “I’m acting out of self-defense…”

“I’m not attacking you, now…” he said with a smirk.  “What kind of self-defense is that?  I know you’re not that naïve…you’ll never be that naïve again…”

“Yeah…because of you…” Keisha said as she tried to hold in a sob.  She couldn’t break.  Well, not completely break.  She had to keep some kind of composure.  “Tell me!” she screamed before that sob she held in broke out of her.

“You tell me what you think my reason is and I’ll tell you the truth…” Tyler said slowly as he stared into her eyes.

“I’m not playing a fucking game, Tyler!” Keisha shouted and he let out a sick chuckle.  “Tell me!  Tell me why you continue to torment me!” she yelled and he only let out a little laugh.  “Fine!  You want to play this game?  You couldn’t kill me because you love me…I’m the one that got away.  I’m the one you couldn’t kill.  Is that it?  Are you happy I played you fucking game?!”

“You’re close, very close.  I couldn’t kill you because I admired you…but, you’re missing the biggest part…the best part…you were the first one that didn’t remind me of how my mother was weak and desperate.  You proved to me that you could be strong…unlike her…”

“That’s not good enough!” Keisha said behind clenched teeth.  That couldn’t be it.  That couldn’t be the reason she’s waited so long to hear.

“That’s the fucking truth!  You think I would allow all those other bitches to live the way I let you live.  The first time…I didn’t have a choice…I was fucking surrounded.  But the second time…I could’ve just killed you.  Oh, when I returned to prison, I would fantasize about killing you.  Seeing the life go out in your eyes…but, I couldn’t.  Not even in my fantasies…no.  Soon, my fantasies turned into me loving you.  Admiring you for surviving not only once, but twice.  You didn’t give up…even when I thought you had.  You weren’t my mother…”

“Neither were any of those other girls…” Keisha said she shook trying to block out the voice in her head telling her to do it.  She wanted him dead, but she didn’t know if she could kill him.  She had enough rage to do it.

“They were just like her.  You were one of them until you fought back and succeeded.  I love you, Keisha…” Tyler said as he stared into her eyes and reached up to caress her face, but she turned her face and smacked his hand away.

“I don’t love you!” she said as she plunged the spike into his side and pulled it out.  “I will never love you!” she said as she stabbed him in the shoulder and pulled the spike out, again.  “I’m not your mother!” she said as she held the spike over his heart.  “I’m not you!” she said before the spike was plunged through his chest.  She didn’t noticed that he was trying get her off him until she felt his hands slipping away from her waist.  She didn’t even know what his cries of pain sounded like until her last blow.  The light in his blue eyes was fading.  He looked scared and shocked and relieved that his last moments on earth was with the one woman he love who didn’t love him back.  And just like that, he was dead as he blue eyes stared back at Keisha.

“Keisha!” called a voice that was familiar to that of Liza Rotand’s.  “Keisha!  Back away from him…” Liza said as she place her gun back in the holster.  “He’s dead…” she said as she watched Keisha’s eyes never leaving his face.  Suddenly, Liza grabbed Keisha and held onto her as she began sobbing.  “Where is Julie?  Evan?”

“No!” Julie screamed and Liza pulled away from Keisha to withdraw her gun again.  Suddenly, Evan burst through the false door and Liza had her gun trained on him.  He screamed as he saw the man he loved, dead with a spike embedded in his heart.

“You bitch!” he said as she ran towards Keisha, but Liza shot him before he could make it a few feet.  Keisha, Liza, and Julie standing by the false door all watched as Evan fell to the ground with a bullet hole in his head.  Liza was shaking because she didn’t want to kill him…she didn’t intend on killing him.  Sure, she wanted to, but she didn’t think she would actually do it.  She thought she had better control.  This case was taking a toll on her, but she didn’t realize it until now.

“Liza!” said a male detective as he rushed over to her.  Other police officers came in an helped Julie and Keisha out of the building.

“Julie!” Greg ran towards them, but the police wouldn’t let him past the barricade.  “Let me through!  That’s my fiancé!”

“Greg!” Julie said as she sobbed and reached for him.  The police officer let him through as they placed her on a gurney and into an ambulance.  They let Will inside and he ran towards Keisha.  He knew the paramedics had to see if she was okay, but he had to hold her in his arms.  He never wanted to let her go.  Suddenly, Will kiss her.  When he pulled away, he stared into her eyes.  He wanted her to see how much he loved her.  He wanted to tell her, but he couldn’t speak.  He was just so happy she was alive.  He wanted to cry when he saw that she loved him, too.

“He’s dead…” Keisha said as she stared at him and she began to cry.  She clung to Will in a death grip not caring if she needed to be medically checked out.  This nightmare was finally over.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2275