HERE FOR YOU by marchpisces92
Summary:

Reupload 


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Dark Fic
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 7838 Read: 6397 Published: October 20 2017 Updated: October 20 2017

1. NOT ALONE by marchpisces92

2. IT'S ALRIGHT TO CRY by marchpisces92

3. IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS by marchpisces92

NOT ALONE by marchpisces92

NOT ALONE

"Jacob Joseph-Gordon Marshall! I know you're there you open this door right now!"

Marshall jerked up from the couch as he recognized who was knocking on his front door he should have known that it was her. Marshall had been home from Afghanistan for almost two months now so he knew that eventually his old friend would come around. She always did.

Marshall answered the door to be greeted by the petite chocolate beauty Nicolette Ariel Jenkins who gave him a look of both concern and disgust. Marshall decided to humor her to lighten the mood.

"Hello to you too Nikki"

"Jake you look terrible" she said flatly noting the stubble of his unshaved jaw, his tired eyes with bags under them, messy bed hair, and his dishelved sweatpants and grey wife beater that looked like it had been worn a few times too many.

"Well compared to you I guess so," Marshall said sarcastically with a grin

"I'm serious" Nicolette said, "Are you okay? Everyone has been trying to talk to you but you keep ignoring calls"

"I'm not a child" Marshall replied stubbornly "can't a man have space to himself?"

"Of course you can have space Jake but two months? Really?" Nicolette pointed out "I bet the only one who's seen you since you've been back is Jenna"

Marshall would be lying if he denied that his off and on ex but not so ex-girlfriend still benefitted him physically. There weren't a lot opportunities to get some action while on duty so needless to say Marshall had a lot of pent up sexual frustration to which Jenna Quinn's pussy eased to satisfaction.

Jenna had stopped by at least four or five times the past two months for nights of lust and pleasure and Marshall was able to forget about what happened on his recent traumatic tour.

"You sound a little jealous Nikki" Marshall teased "Jenna and I aren't really together you know"

"Believe it or not Jake I could care less about who you take to your bed" Nicolette said using his first name again "that's your business and yours alone"

Besides his late mother Nicolette was the only other person who Marshall had ever allowed to address him by his given first name. Jacob or Jake. Jenna never called him that even when they were still officially together.

Then again Marshall owed Nicolette a lot he would have flunked out of high school if it weren't for her tutoring him his senior year even if they had been polar opposites. It was because of her he actually graduated

"Jacob" Nicolette said seriously and softly now "I heard about what happened"

Marshall balled his fists and put them in his pockets and replied, "I'm sure you have"

"Jake it's not your fault---"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Marshall cut her off "I've heard that bullshit it's not my fault then who's fault was it then?"

"Jake you need to talk to somebody about this" Nicolette said, "you can't just keep going on like this"

"Hey I'm fine" Marshall said sarcastically "I'm still living, breathing, and standing right in front of you a constant physical reminder to Rhett's wife that he's not"

There it was confirmation that Marshall was living with survivor's guilt and Nicolette hated seeing him this way

"I know that Rhett was your best friend---"

"Do you know what it's like to see your best friend you've known since you were five die in front of you blown limb from limb knowing you could have prevented it?"

Nicolette grew silent and Marshall chuckled darkly replying "Yeah I thought not got a damn scar from the bullet on my shoulder to remind me every damn day too though I might get a tattoo to cover that shit"

"Look" she spoke up "we don't have to talk about it right now"

"Oh trust me I don't plan to"

"No Jake" Nicolette corrected him "I said not right now but we are going to talk about it"

"Alright Miss Jenkins so what are we going to do then?"

"First you are going to take a shower" Nicolette said, "change into some fresh clothes"

"And?"

"I'm making you dinner" she went on to say holding up the bag of groceries that she had with her "you've probably been eating nothing but take out"

Marshall shrugged even though he knew he had a couple of pizza boxes on the table

"I didn't say you could come in here Nicolette" Marshall said as the young woman made her way past him anyway. Of course he didn't really mind as he caught a good glimpse of her backside.

"Hit the shower Jacob" she ignored him making her way to his kitchen anyway.

 

Marshall had to admit the hot water did feel good on his skin since he hadn't showered in three days. The smell of the Irish Spring soap was chasing away the unpleasant underarm odor as well he only showered when he knew Jenna would be coming over.

At first Marshall had considered shutting the door on Nicolette and demand her to go away however he found himself pretty amused that she was bold enough to take charge of him. Hell even Jenna knew better than to do that.

Marshall never had a woman aside from his mother tell him what to do he felt himself growing hard at the thought of teaching Nicolette who was really the boss it was his house after all.

He'd bury himself deep inside her and take her fast until she'd beg for mercy. Marshall knew by this point Nicolette most likely wasn't a virgin any more but he didn't see her as a woman who had a very active sex life. Her pussy was probably just as tight as a virgin's though. He was also willing to bet nobody took that sweet ass of hers either.

Marshall let out a long sigh God must really be testing him right now. No woman ever stepped into Marshall's home just to talk she was going to leave with her body singing. Even though Nicolette had been the little honors student who tutored him just so he could walk at graduation she was still a woman nonetheless.

Marshall was going to send Nicolette on her glowing and happy but what he wasn't going to do was go into further detail about what happened to Rhett Duncan.

 

Nicolette poured the steaming hot noodles, beef, mushrooms and egg yolks into two separate bowls as Marshall made his way into the kitchen.

"What is this?"

"You've never had homemade ramen before?"

"Homemade?" Marshall chuckled "you know you can get a few packs of these at the grocery store for 13 cents each right?"

"You can't say you don't like it until you try it"

Marshall didn't even argue with Nicolette on that one although he never had homemade ramen it sure as hell looked good. Three nights of pizza in a row however makes anything look good in comparison though.

Nicolette had to admit Marshall cleaned up nicely. His sweatpants were at least clean now and he wore t-shirt that still showed off his shape. She watched him as he began to eat and it was clear that he found the food to be delicious as he began to fork it down quickly.

"Good huh?"

"Anymore of this?" he asked in between bites

"Of course" Nicolette said, "I made some more that should last you at least a week"

"You did?"

"Yes Jake" Nicolette chuckled "when's the last time you've been food shopping anyway? You hardly have any ingredients"

"When I got back"

"Most people go food shopping at least once a month or two don't you think it's time?"

Marshall gulped down another mouthful of the ramen and grew silent again and at this point Nicolette felt like she was pulling teeth with him. Either that or she might as well have been talking to a brick wall.

"I don't shop during the day plus I don't buy that much because I don't cook or eat that much anyway" he said "relax I'm not starving myself if that's what you're thinking"

"Why do you shop at night?"

"The markets aren't crowded at night" Marshall said simply "better chances of me not running into certain people"

"You mean Rhett's wife?"

Marshall put down his fork and didn't say anything

"Jacob..."

"I'm sure that I'm the last person she wants to see right now"

"You don't know that" Nicolette said "I'm sure she's hurting just as much as you are"

"Of course she's hurting the man was her husband for Christ's sake" Marshall said getting a bit annoyed "Rhett was a better man than I am and yet he's the one who's gone"

All of Marshall's charm and sarcasm was a defense mechanism of his the same one he had when they were in high school. Deep down inside Nicolette knew Marshall was hurting and his friend's death was tearing him apart.

Rhett Stone practically had been a brother to him.

"Jacob you're not hurting yourself are you?"

Marshall looked up at Nicolette and saw the concern in big soft brown eyes and as much as he didn't want to admit it did touch him that he cared.

Jenna wasn't really known to ask how he was feeling she certainly didn't hesitate asking him for his cock though.

"No Nicolette I'm not hurting myself" he said sincerely putting her mind at ease "it would be a shame in your case if that were so because you wouldn't have me to admire and we can't have that can we?"

Nicolette blushed at Marshall's straight forwardness and cleared her throat.

"Did I strike a nerve?"

"I'll get you some more ramen"

Marshall didn't object to that seeing that he wanted some more ramen anyway and he sat back watching Nicolette make her way back to the stove with his bowl and get some more of the delicious noodles.

Jesus Christ it looked like Nicolette's jeans were painted on her and Marshall thanked God for the table for blocking the tent that currently growing in his sweatpants right now.

"I'm going to pick up some groceries for you tomorrow morning" she said "the ramen should last you the rest of the week; no more pizza at least for right now okay?"

"Yes Miss Jenkins"

"I'm bringing my laptop over tomorrow too" she went on to say, "we're going to start looking for a therapist that you can talk to"

"What's wrong with just talking to you?" he asked "you seem to listen to me well"

"Because you need to see a professional" Nicolette said "and I'm not a professional"

Marshall frowned not really liking the idea of pouring his thoughts out to a complete stranger when he had Nicolette right here if she insisted on talking about what happened to him.

"Here you go---"

Nicolette gasped when Marshall boldly took a gentle hold of her wrist after she put the bowl back down in front of him.

"Jake..."

"No look at me" Marshall said when the young woman looked down at their hands instead of his face "why are you doing this Nicolette? You don't owe me a damn thing and you know it"

Nicolette knew Marshall was right technically she didn't owe him anything. The only time Marshall had been her responsibility was in her junior year of high school tutoring him after school to make sure he was able to walk in June to graduate.

Nicolette would be lying to herself if she said she had not grown feelings for him during that time because she certainly did. She knew that she was not his type though so she never expected the feeling to be mutual.

To compensate for those one sided feelings Nicolette it made her business to follow Marshall after high school to make sure he was doing okay. She got nervous whenever he got called into duty to go overseas and would come see him whenever he'd come back.

"I could look into those lovely brown eyes of yours for the rest of the evening" Marshall teased "or you could just simply answer my question"

"....because I want to"

"Okay" he said trying to dig a little deeper "and why do you want to?"

"You need somebody Jake you can't just be alone all the time espcially when you're hurting like this" Nicolette said which was technically partially the truth but she didn't dare say the latter.

"I guess we're both keeping things from each other then" Marshall said sensing there was something else that she just was not telling him.

"It's getting late" she said noting the time "I should go"

"And leave me here all alone?" he teased, "I thought you just said that I needed somebody?"

"You know very well what I mean Jacob" she said with no hesitation "besides if you feel that way Jenna can come over as soon as I leave"

"Now you and I both know that you don't want that to happen Nikki"

"Like I said earlier Jake that's not up to me you're an adult and that's up to you"

Nicolette was fighting her feelings now but she knew they weren't together she was just a friend helping him and nothing more. As Nicolette made her way outside Marshall stood on the porch watched her with a smirk on his face.

"Goodnight Nicolette"

"Goodnight Jacob"

Once Nicolette drove away Marshall picked up his buzzing phone from his pocket and surely enough it was Jenna. One woman who actually cared about him had just left while the other one who only cared about his cock was calling.


"That's good Jake" seventeen-year-old Nicolette said, "now can you solve for y?"

"At this rate I'll be solving for all twenty-six letters of the damn alphabet"

Nicolette giggled at eighteen-year-old Marshall's smart-ass remark as he moved down the worksheet to problem ten.

"You're doing good though I'm sure you'll pass your test Tuesday

"Not my idea of Friday afternoon either"

"Just think in four months you'll be graduating and you'll never have to come back here again"

"Thank God I fucking hate this place"

"Any plans for college or trade school?"

"Come on Nikki look at me do I look like post high school education material?"

"Don't say that you never know"

"If I need to be tutored by the Honor's Society than yeah I'm not going I appreciate the gesture though" Marshall said "Rhett and I and are going join to the military"

"Sounds dangerous aren't you scared?"

"The only thing I've ever been scared of was my old man tattooing my arms with cigarette butts lucky for me he died when I was ten so no I'm not scared"

"Oh" Nicolette was taken by surprise by Marshall's rather blunt confession "I'm sorry Jacob"

"You didn't now," Marshall said simply "the guy was an asshole anyway was just a sperm donor I only considered my mom my real parent"

Marshall looked over Nicolette's head to see some of the junior students put up a poster on the bulletin board advertising the upcoming junior prom.

"Looks like there's a date set for junior prom"

"Yeah I guess so"

"Are you not going?" Marshall asked noting the hint of sadness in her voice

Nicolette bit her bottom lip "Well not really"

"What's not really mean?" Marshall asked, "does that mean yes or no?"

She didn't answer at first and turned her eyes down to the table wishing to get back to the homework.

"...no body asked me"

"You don't have a date?"

"It's fine" Nicolette lied "I didn't want to go anyway"

"I can take you"

"Huh?"

"I'll be your date to prom"

"Jake you don't have to---"

"I want to Nikki" he said sincerely "besides I owe you one"

"Oh"

"Speechless?" he teased

"Jacob are you sure? I don't want people talking about you" Nicolette said, "I'm not exactly one of the most popular girls here"

"I don't give a fuck about what anybody thinks they can kick rocks" Marshall said "and you shouldn't either unlike them you're actually going to be something when you leave this these four walls"

This touched Nicolette and it was honestly the nicest thing she's heard anyone in this school tell her since she started going here. Butterflies took flight in her stomach conceiving and birthing a brand new feeling. Nicolette had a crush on Jacob Joseph-Gordon Marshall.

 

Marshall was about to lay down when his phone vibrated yet another time. Surprise, surprise it was Jenna yet again wanting her to stop bothering him he finally answered the phone.

"Marshall baby" crooned the feminine voice on the other end of the phone "you finally answered you had me worried for a minute"

"What do you want Jenna?"

"You know what I want" she purred "I haven't been over in a few weeks now and I'm aching for that big thick cock of yours"

Normally that was all it took to get Marshall hard but it just wasn't doing it this time not with Nicolette fresh on his mind. She actually cared about his well-being. She actually asked about how he was handling Rhett's death.

Jenna hadn't done any of those things.

"Marsh baby" she moaned "you aren't saying anything don't you want me I'll come over right now"

"Jenna it's almost midnight"

"That's never stopped you before"

True but that was then and this was now and right now Marshall didn't want Jenna.

"I'm hitting the hay Jenna I've got things to handle tomorrow"

"Marshall---"

 Click.

 

 

 

IT'S ALRIGHT TO CRY by marchpisces92

IT'S ALRIGHT TO CRY

"Rhett!"

Explosions went off sending dirt and sand flying in all directions and Marshall was running around frantically looking for his friend.

"Marshall over here!"

Rhett was running towards him relief washed over Marshall but it was short lived

"RHETT NO!"

BOOM!

Marshall quickly jerked up from his sleep. His heart was racing, his chest and face dripped from sweat as if it were a hot summer's evening instead of a chilly late fall. Wiping his forehead with the back of his hand he looked over at the clock on his bed stand.

It was six in the morning and the sun would be up in less than two hours so Marshall knew he wouldn't be getting much sleep at this point. It was always the same dream. It was always the same nightmare.

Picking up his phone Marshall saw that he had gotten several text messages and missed calls from Jenna. She just couldn't see that their relationship was just physical and nothing else and whatever type of relationship that they had prior was gone.

Besides it wasn't as if Jenna wasn't fucking other guys, which is why Marshall always wore a condom with her. He didn't need an STD or play the "but you're the father I just know it game" if she happened to get pregnant game. Marshall didn't understand why she was so damn attached to him.

Marshall peered over at the calendar on his closet door. November 11th it was Veteran's Day and ironically enough it marked six months since Rhett had been killed in the line of duty back in May.

A few tears pricked at the corner of his eyes. Damn he missed Rhett so much and it was all his fault. Maybe he shouldn't have called out to him if he hadn't perhaps he would still be here. Perhaps he would still be here.

Marshall quickly wiped his eyes and was conflicted.

His mother Helen God rest her soul always used to hug him close as a little boy if he started to cry and soothed him.

"Jake sweetie it's alright to cry"

"But Daddy said boys aren't supposed to cry" he'd managed to say between sobs

"Jacob don't listen to your father there are grown men that cry and I don't want you to ever feel ashamed about that"

Fuck that bastard Gordon Marshall the man was only his father by biological definition. Marshall didn't given a fuck that death took him but why did it have to take the people he loved the most.

His mother and Rhett should still be here it wasn't fair then again life wasn't fair so he really wasn't all that surprised.

Marshall got up from bed to go into the kitchen to see if he could scrap up something for breakfast but was frustrated to find he had very little breakfast food. Even his Frosted Flakes were almost gone maybe Nicolette was right. It was time for him to go food shopping.

The phone rang again and Marshall had it up to here and he finally picked up the phone.

"What do you want Jenna?"

"Marshall?"

Shit it was Rhett's wife well widowed wife now Kendra Stone

"Oh Kendra I'm sorry" he quickly apologized "I thought you were someone else"

"No that's fine is this a bad time for you it's still very early"

"No you're fine I was just getting up anyway"

"I was just calling to wish you a Happy Veteran's Day"

"Thanks Kendra it's much appreciated" Marshall said feeling a little guilty now

"Is everything okay?" she asked "you haven't been returning my calls I haven't seen you since the funeral"

"I'm fine Kendra" he lied

"Are you sure?"

"Yes the better question is how are you and girls doing?"

"Grace is eight so she understands that her daddy's in heaven but Penelope just turned two so she keeps asking when he's coming home"

"And you're due pretty soon?"

"November 30th which is also Rhett's birthday" Kendra confirmed "it's a boy this time you know he always wanted a son"

"Right" Marshall replied recalling how happy Rhett was when he told him the gender.

Rhett loved his daughters very much anyone could see that but he was really looking forward to having a son and Marshall teased him back saying that he finally "putting the stem on the apple" this time.

However because of him Rhett would never get to hold his little boy.

"I appreciate the car seat you sent me Marshall I really do" Kendra said "aside from clothes and toys I was going to re use most of the things that girls had as babies anyway"

"You're welcome"

"Also you're more than welcome to come over our place for Thanksgiving dinner that is of course if I haven't gone into labor yet"

"I'll think about it"

"Marshall there's something I haven't told you," she said a little softly now "I'm not sure how you're going to take this though"

"What is it Kendra?"

Kendra sighed "You how close you and Rhett were before you two got called overseas back in April we were already discussing baby names"

"You see Rhett wanted to name the baby after you and call him J.J. for short and wanted you to be his godfather"

Marshall was shocked to hear this and didn't know what to say it was a lot to take in considering Rhett never told him that. Hopefully it would just be Jacob Joseph Stone and not Jacob Joseph-Gordon Stone he would hate for the little boy to have to carry the name of his deadbeat father as well.

Hell Marshall was still trying to research how he could drop his second middle name legally himself. As far as being the child's godfather Marshall just didn't believe he'd be a good candidate for that. What the hell was he supposed to tell the kid when he eventually got old enough to ask about Rhett?

"Marshall?"

"I'm still here"

"You can think about it and you'll have time after he's born too" Kendra insisted "we didn't baptize the girls until they were each six months old so we'll be doing that next May anyway"

"Actually yes I would need time to think about it"

"Take all the time you need"

"Kendra he'll be your son just as well as Rhett's are you sure you want to name him after me?" Marshall asked "Jacob's kind of a dated name there will be little boys his age with the names like Aiden, Noah, and Liam he'll stick out like a sore thumb"

"Oh Marshall stop" Kendra chuckled "Jacob's a fine name and it's what Rhett wanted and I want to respect my husbands wishes even though he's not with us anymore"

"Yeah"

The two of them were silent for a minute until Marshall heard little Penelope in the background asking if her mommy was talking to "Dada" and it tore at his heart.

"Marshall I have to go make breakfast for the girls talk to you soon?"

"Sure"

"You take care then"

"I will you do the same"

Click.

 

Nicolette arrived back at his house three hours later around nine with more groceries than she had yesterday. This time she filled his whole fridge, freezer, and cabinets to the brim.

"I'm guessing you didn't eat breakfast yet," she said, "I'll make some French Toast then I brought some fresh fruit and cream cheese to stuff it with"

"Sounds good" Marshall said although looking at her right now he wanted to stuff her up real good, fill her up with his cream and make her body cream. Nicolette was fucking killing him.

"In the mean time I found some therapists that you may be interested in seeing" she said placing her laptop in front of him "take a look and we'll make an appointment"

"I'm not crazy Nikki" Marshall said "I just want to be left alone it's not like I can bring Rhett back so what's the point?"

"Jake I know you're not crazy and trust me none of these therapists will think you are either" she insisted as she began to mix the batter for the French toast "I think Rhett would have wanted you to get help"

"Rhett would have wanted to meet his son who is due to arrive any day now but he won't now will he?"

"Kendra's pregnant?"

"Nine months"

"I talked to her this morning before you got here" Marshall said noting the look of confusion on Nicolette's face "she told me Rhett wanted to name the baby after me and to be his godfather"

"Oh Jacob that's wonderful news"

"Is it though?" Marshall said not optimistic at all "if Rhett knew that I would be responsible for his death I'm pretty sure this would be a different story"

"You know I think you'll be able to make a big difference in this little boy's life"

"I'm not his father" he said, "I never will be"

"If Kendra wants you to be in her son's life it is saying a lot Jake don't take that for granted"

"Well hopefully the kid looks like Kendra like the girls do I don't think I'd be able to handle it if he looks like Rhett"

"Well I think stepping up to the plate for him would be very big of you Jacob" Nicolette said pouring the batter into the slices of bread "it might even help you come to terms with Rhett's death"

"Oh so I don't need a therapist then"

"No you're still seeing a therapist" Nicolette insisted "you're not getting off the hook that easy"

"You want bacon or sausage?"

Marshall wouldn't mind giving her some of his sausage and he smirked "I'll take bacon"

"It's a nice day today" Nicolette went on to say as she put a few slices in the frying pan "70 degrees is pretty warm for the second week of November do you want to go sit in the park or something?"

"I don't know" Marshall said, "I don't really want to go anywhere"

"Jake I think you should get out the house it's not good for you to be cooped up in here by yourself and no your sexcapades with Jenna don't count"

"You're not letting that one go are you? Sex is healthy for you Nikki"

"I bet it is" she smirked at him

"Actually now that you mention it there is somewhere I should go"

 

After breakfast about an hour later Nicolette sat on the passenger's side as she watched Marshall drive and she was holding the bouquet of flowers he brought. She had a pretty good idea where they were going but didn't want to upset him by asking.

"I haven't been to see him in six months" Marshall said reading her mind "it's Veteran's Day so I guess it's fitting funny thing is Rhett fucking hated flowers"

Nicolette smiled underneath all the hard and sarcastic exterior Marshall was a sensitive and caring man.

"I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture"

"Yeah I guess" Marshall said, "he had to be cremated since he was literally blown to pieces his ashes are buried under the cemetery's oak tree it's what Kendra wanted"

"That sounds peaceful"

"After the way he died he deserves a peaceful resting place"

Pulling up into the cemetery's parking lot there were many other families to pay their respects as well.

As they made their way to Rhett's resting place Marshall stole a few glances over at Nicolette.

She was wearing a light blue sweater with light gray jeans. The sun made her skin glow and shine. The bridge of her nose and the tops of her cheeks seemed to smile when she smiled. Her brown eyes so open, trusting, and loving. God he had forgotten how beautiful she was.

"Do you want me to hold your hand Jake?" she asked as she caught him admiring her

"If you don't mind" Marshall muttered and his heart skipped a little as she slipped her little hand in his much larger one

The oak tree where Rhett was buried at was gorgeous, strong, and majestic. The light breeze went through the branches gently tickling the red, orange, and yellow leaves.

Nicolette placed the bouquet of flowers at the base of the tree and the wind blew a little more and Marshall chuckled sensing Rhett's presence within the wind.

"Yeah, yeah buddy I know you don't like the flowers what did you want me to send some a box of Corona?"

Nicolette giggled too "I'm not sure the cemetery would allow that one"

The two of them stood in silence for a few minutes the only things they could hear was the soft wind, leaves, and the murmurs of other families visiting their Veteran loved ones.

Tears rolled down Marshall's face now and Nicolette gently squeezed his hand. No words needed to be said the two of them just enjoyed each other. They spent about an hour with Rhett and as they turned to leave Marshall broke the silence.

"I'm not really sure if I want to go back overseas but I'm not sure what else I can do I've been in the military since I was eighteen and now I'm thirty I don't have anything to fall back on" he said "hell Rhett didn't even get to see thirty"

"Jacob don't talk that way" Nicolette said "I mean if you still love the military I'm sure you can find a different position then being on the front line if not there's nothing wrong with taking your career in a different direction"

"I guess I really should see a therapist then"

"I want you to get better Marshall I don't like seeing you this way I li-I care about you"

Marshall stopped walking and turned to look at her and noticed she was blushing now and giving him a little smile.

He was amused by her bashfulness now since she was pretty much taking charge earlier. Her confession was something he never heard Jenna say that's for sure.

"I haven't had anyone say that to me in a long time"

"It's true" she whispered her old feelings rekindled.

 

 

IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS by marchpisces92

IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS

"RHETT!"

"RHETT!"

"NO!"

Marshall woke up before he could see his friend's remains and he cried out. He couldn't do this anymore he couldn't keep living like this. Nicolette was right.

Nicolette. Marshall sat up and dialed her number hoping that she would pick up. He needed her. He wanted her.

"Mm...Jacob?" she answered, "what's wrong?"

"Nikki I need---can you come over please?"

"Jake it's one in the morning" she said "are you sure you're okay?"

"Nicolette please I need you," he begged now

"Jacob calm down I'm getting up right now" she said calmly "I'll be there in about fifteen minutes just hang tight okay?"

"Okay"

True to her word Nicolette arrived in fifteen minutes and she was alarmed to find Marshall sitting on the couch his dark living room crying.

"Jake I'm here" she comforted him sitting on the couch beside him. She gently touched his shoulder and rubbed her hand in a soothing circle

"I'm here"

"It's the same thing over and over" Marshall said between sobs "I have to keep reliving Rhett's death over and over"

"Jake..."

"I know I'm being ridiculous by calling you over so late but I just can't be by myself"

"Don't say that" Nicolette said "you're human and can't keep this all bottled up inside you forever of course you needed someone"

"I just...just...I should have done something... it's all hitting me now..."

"Jacob you're not alone anymore I'm here" she said softly "I'm right here"

Marshall had to admit that Nicolette soothing him like this was already bringing him comfort. Like a mother holding her child after he woke up from a bad dream.

He hadn't felt that since his mother Helen passed away but this wasn't Helen this wasn't his mother. This wasn't an a little boy connecting with his mother. This was Nicolette and he was a grown man connecting with a grown woman.

"Shh" she whispered "it's okay you're okay Jacob do you want me to make you some tea?"

"No"

"What do you mean?"

Nicolette was caught by surprise when Marshall sat up and took her face in his hands and gently forced her to look him in the eyes.

"I want you Nikki"

"Some tea will make you feel better---"

"Nicolette look at me" Marshall cut her off again "I want you I appreciated you tending to me for the past two days but I need you right now you'll make me feel better"

"Jacob---"

Marshall cut Nicolette off again only this time it was with a kiss. At first Nicolette tried her best to deny Marshall's kiss she couldn't let her feelings blind her but he kept gently coaxing her and teasing her.

"Come on Nikki" he whispered to her "kiss me back just like you wanted to all those years ago"

Nicolette's heart skipped as Marshall referred to the night he took her to junior prom. How could he even compare the two? The kiss Marshall gave her prom night was innocent a simple peck on the cheek that made her step back and try to hide her blushing face.

This kiss screamed that they weren't teenagers anymore. Marshall damn near had Nicolette straddling his lap and his arms were wrapped around her. Marshall was kissing her lips as well as her nose, chin, cheeks, jaw, even the top of her neck.

"Jacob please" Nicolette tried pleading with him but her body seemed to be winning this battle "we can't---"

"Yes we can Nikki" he said "I'm done tip toeing around I'm giving us what we both want"

"Jake...Jacob..."

"Yes" Marshall pressed his body to hers "make your body sing for me Nikki"

The kissing continued and Nicolette was finally kissing him back. Marshall swore just this make out session on his couch was more erotic than anything he ever did with Jenna; and their clothes were still on.

Clothes

They had to get their clothes off Marshall needed to see Nicolette in all her natural glory. Nicolette needed to see how much Marshall needed him as his erection began to stand at attention.

Marshall moaned as he slipped his tongue in Nicolette's mouth and he could feel her body slowly but surely betraying her and giving into these feelings he knew were buried deep inside.

Nicolette shivered a little when she felt Marshall push his large hands up under her sweater and he dragged his fingers up the small of her back kneading her soft brown skin.

His fingers tugged at the clasp of her bra and when he managed to unfasten it the straps slowly fell down her shoulders. Marshall then tugged her sweater completely off to leave her topless freeing her breasts to his view.

Big beautiful breasts to be precise top with nipples that reminded him of Hershey Chocolate Kisses. Marshall reached up and took the hair clip out of Nicolette's hair freeing her curls until it frizzed out into a halo on her head.

"You're gorgeous Nicolette"

"...I want to see you too"

"Then I'm yours"

Nicolette leaned in to pull off Marshall's wife beater off and he leaned in to worship her breasts that were now before his face. A moan escaped her lips as Marshall wrapped his lips over one of them and his tongue swirled around her sweet nipple.

"You're killing me" Marshall said his voice husky and deep now "you're fucking killing me Nikki"

"So good" she gasped, "shit Jake that feels so good"

"I aim to please"

Nicolette ran her hands all over Marshall's chest and torso. Damn the military treated his body well hell she probably did as well since she kept him fed for the last two days.

"It's a sight for sore eyes huh?" he said sarcastically bringing a smile to her face once more. Nicolette brought her hand up over to the permanent bullet scar on Marshall's right shoulder blade and it sent chills down her spine.

So this was the physical reminder that Marshall had to see when he looked in the mirror everyday. This was the painful reminder that Marshall had to face that Rhett was gone. No wonder he was so broken.

"Jake...I...I had no idea"

"It's not your burden to carry"

"But Jacob---"

Before Nicolette could say anything further she felt herself being lifted up. Marshall picked Nicolette up bridal style and carried her into his bedroom. He gently tossed her on the center of his large king size bed.

Marshall then tugged at Nicolette's ankles until her body met his at the edge of the bed. At this point Nicolette was drunk with her lust and desire for him that she didn't even realize that his kisses were now a distraction.

Marshall reached down to unbutton her jeans and in doing so he was able to easily tear them away once her zipper was unzipped. Marshall couldn't help but smirk at Nicolette's simple cotton white Hanes panties and she blushed.

How embarrassing it's not like she knew she was coming over to make love so she didn't bother wearing any of her fancy panties.

"Nice panties" he smirked teasing her to which Nicolette was slightly annoyed and before she could say anything he pulled them off and tossed them where her jeans lie "but I'm sure what's under them is even nicer"

Nicolette sat up to see Marshall parting her thighs and he slipped his fingers in between the slick folds of her pussy and found her wet and ready for him.

"Shit Nikki you're already so wet baby," he murmured as he rubbed her clit with her juices.

"Jake please..."

"That's what I'm doing" he smirked "I'm pleasing you"

Nicolette watched as Marshall leaned in and his face became dangerously close to her pussy now and it alarmed her when she figured out what he was about to do.

"Oh no Jake you don't have to do that," she said trying to close her thighs but Marshall stubbornly kept them spread apart.

"Are you still a virgin Nikki?"

"No I just never had...well...I never---"

"Never had a man go down on you?"

Nicolette looked embarrassed "Well no it's dirty"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is"

"I bet your past lover made you give him a blowjob though" Marshall said although he hoped that Nicolette wasn't subjected to that without being returned the favor for herself "double standard much?"

"Jake you really don't have to"

"But I want to" he said sincerely "I want to make you cum like you never did before"

Nicolette's heart raced and she was a bit nervous as Marshall lay back down between her thighs.

"Relax"

"Hmmm...oh...Jake!"

Marshall sucked the lips of her pussy and once he warmed her up to the feeling of his mouth on her. He slipped his tongue in to tease her clit. Nicolette felt more of her juices flow as Marshall tended to her his whole mouth covering her at this point.

"So sweet" he whispered, "you taste so sweet Nikki"

Nicolette let out a soft moan as her canal clenched and she came for him and did she come hard. Satisfied with the way he had brought her to orgasm Marshall got up to go to his bed stand to get a condom.

Nicolette protested when Marshall got up and he smirked "I'm not finished with you yet baby"

Her chest heaved as she was trying to recover from her orgasm. Even the way her breasts rose with each breath she took had him harder than ever thought was possible.

Nicolette knew Marshall was teasing her on purpose as she watched him finally take his sweatpants and boxers off to reveal his huge cock to her.

"You're so big" she whispered

"Damn Nikki" Marshall said as he sheathed himself with the protection "you've been given the short end of the stick. No man going down on you no man well endowed enough"

Once Marshall was ready he got back on the bed with her and nestled himself between her thighs. Nicolette looked down between them to see his cock poking at the entrance of her pussy she was excited and nervous at the same time. It was overwhelming really.

"Nicolette?"

"It's been a while," she confessed

"How long is a while?"

"Two years"

"Well I'm here to fix that"

Marshall kissed her and then slowly pushed his way inside her body. He completely filled her to the hilt and damn she wasn't lying about those two years. She was so tight that it was impossible not to cause her slight discomfort as if she were still a virgin.

Fuck whoever deprived his Nicolette from the pleasure that she so obliviously craved he was a selfish bastard and hopefully was getting his karma. He didn't matter right now all that mattered was Nicolette.

His thrusts were gentle and slow at first so that he could let her adjust to his size and girth. After that Marshall began to pick up his rhythm making his thrusts a little more aggressive gripping her waist as Nicolette welcomed his cock like an old friend.

"Oh God, Jacob...."

"Not God" he chuckled "it's just me baby"

Marshall flipped Nicolette over so that she was on top of him instead riding him just like he wanted her to. Moving his hands from her hips he snaked them around to the back so that he could cup her ass.

Nicolette never felt this way before, as she was literally full to the brim with the man she had loved for years now. Her body all sweaty and singing with pleasure and Marshall wasn't letting up any time soon either. He was still attacking her with kisses all over her body and she kissed him back.

Her eyes fluttered shut as she writhed against Marshall as she savored each thrust that he gave her. It was as if his cock was kissing her womb each time he hit her cervix.

"Yes" Marshall growled into her ear "you're what I wanted Nikki you're what I needed more than anything else"

Nicolette moaned and cursed him at the same time didn't he know that as a woman that she was going to get even more turned on by those words? As if she wasn't wet enough already she was soaked now.

"Come for me" he whispered to her "come for me again I want to see you fall apart again"

"I.... it's too much...Jake I can't" Nicolette moaned as she felt her body slowly start to submit to Marshall's wishes anyway

"Yes you can" Marshall teased he was starting to like arguing with her it was sexy as hell to watch this woman deny what she wanted.

When Marshall reached between them his thumb found her aching swollen clit and he rubbed it in a few circles and that was all it took for Nicolette to succumb to her pleasure.

It was a good thing Marshall lived in a single house because if he was in a twin Nicolette would have woken the neighbors with the moan she let out as her orgasm hit. This orgasm seemed to move through out her whole body from her head to her toes.

Marshall came shortly after much his dismay he didn't get to come inside her body but in the condom; as much as he wanted to fill Nicolette up with his seed they just started being in each other lives again.

A baby would complicate things right now even though Marshall had a feeling that Nicolette would probably take to motherhood like a duck did to water. Besides Marshall didn't know if he could be a good father if he was still recovering from his PTSD and his own history with own piece of shit father made him feel like he might be the same.

Nicolette slumped over and Marshall gathered her in his arms as the two of them laid in silence for a few minutes. Marshall was still buried deep inside her and he was debating on whether or not he wanted to leave her body because if he had it his way they'd stay like this forever.

"You alright?" he asked her breaking the silence.

Nicolette looked at the smirk on Marshall's face the man had a lot of nerve asking her that after he just sent her to the moon and stars and back. Typical Marshall.

"I'm fine" she managed to say

"I'll say," he said kissing the soft spot on her neck "very fine"

"Jacob please" Nicolette giggled trying to playfully push off of him

"Please what?" Marshall continued to tease, "please stop? or make you come again? Tell me what you want Nikki"

"You" she whispered "I want you"

"You have me baby" he said "trust me you have me"

Needless to say the two of them didn't tire from their lovemaking until well into the morning. It was well past six by the time they fell asleep in each other arms and with Nicolette beside him Marshall was able to rest easy for the first time in months.

 

 

 

 

 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3653