Unscathed by magensby
Summary:

Margie once again has to struggle to make her way back to Jethro and the twins.  Will she survive?


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Original Character(s)
Classification: Cannon
Genre: Drama
Story Status: Completed
Pairings: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Past, Present and Future - NCIS
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 615 Read: 1288 Published: September 03 2018 Updated: September 03 2018

1. Chapter 1 The Mission by magensby

Chapter 1 The Mission by magensby

Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Unscathed

 

 

Chapter 1                        The Mission

 

 

How in the world do I continue to find myself in these situations?  I left fieldwork behind but here once again I find myself trying to survive another ordeal. Jethro must think that I am crazy to continue to do this and he will never forgive me if I don’t complete this mission and return home to him and the twins.

 

Plan and execute Margie, you’ve been in situations like this before so plan and execute and just do it.  I don’t know if I can do it.  I am tired already and I haven’t even begun.  I’ve got to make it home.  Just let me make it home.  Focus Margie, focus!  Think about your babies Richard and Nicole.  They will want to see their mommy again so make it through for them.  What would they do without their mommy?  You won’t let that happen Margie.  Plan and execute.  Put one foot in front of the other and get on with it.

 

I’ve got to get out of here.  This time no one will come to rescue me.  I must do this all by myself.  Is that a river ahead?  Yes, it is.  Make it to the river Margie.  You can do it. I make it to the river and lower myself in to the dirty water and start to swim.  I swimand swim and feel like I am swimming for miles but once I exit the water I noticed that it was only about one-half mile.  I look to the left and what is that on the ground there?  Oh my goodness a bike!  Who left a bicyclein such an out of the way place?  I don’t care I pick it up and climb on it and start pedaling. I look back and thankfully no one is chasing me so it looks like I’ve managed to lose my pursuers.  I pedal for miles and miles and just when I think that I can make it to town on the bike the tires flatten. What?  I can’t seem to catch a break here but it doesn’t matter I will make it back home to my family.  No more bicycle so I start running. I see lights in the distance and know that I am heading in the right direction.  I feel encouragement that I will make it to safety.  After what seems like hours I run to the end of the path and find people standing around.  Is this the end? Are they friendly or the enemy? No one rushes to grab me or to detain me so I surmise that these people will not harm me and perhaps they can assist me in returning to safety and to my family.

 

Coming to my senses I look up and see Jethro and the twins.

 

“Mommy, mommy you finished!”

 

“Congratulations Margie you made great time.  How do you feel?”

 

“For having completed a 750 meter swim, 20 k bike ride and 5k run I feel really good.  I’m glad that you three are here to greet me at the end of the Quantico Triathlon.  One other time that I ran this event the person who greeted me at the end of the race wasn’t so nice. You three have brightened my day. Come on let’s go home so I can shower and change and we can go out and celebrate my finishing the race.”

 

 

A/N:  Gotcha!! Did you figure it out before the reveal at the end?  Did you think that Margie was again in danger behind enemy lines?  Let me know what you think by leaving a review.  Thnx.

End Notes:

Don't forget to leave a review.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3737