The Respite (REVISED) by magensby
Summary:

How will Margie and Jethro manage with no children in the house?  As we know there is never a dull moment with these two security intelligence agents.


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Original Character(s)
Classification: Cannon
Genre: Drama
Story Status: Completed
Pairings: Original
Warnings: Un-betaed
Challenges: None
Series: Past, Present and Future - NCIS
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 6550 Read: 5403 Published: September 09 2018 Updated: September 15 2018
Story Notes:

Chapter 4 revised to change the name of the Sterns' son from Jason to Justin.  The McGregors are aged in their seventies and not their eighties. 2/28/19

Chapter 1 Family by magensby
Author's Notes:

The McGregor's finally take the twins on the long awaited European trip.

Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

The Respite

 

 

Chapter 1                        Family

 

Where did the time go so fast?  Can you believe that Richard and Nicole are now five years old? They will start first grade in a month and so Mom and Dad plan to take them on that European trip that they talked about when the twins were only a year old.  Jethro and I insisted that they wait until the twins were a little older and so now is the time.  My mother and father are already in their seventies and I don’t want them to wait much longer to take our two little ‘darlings’ to traipse around Europe. These two little ones can be a handful.  Of course we’re not sending them overseas without some extra help.  Lydia’s granddaughter, Nancy, is a college student studying to be a nurse so we will send her with my mom and dad so that she can help with the twins.  She will share a room with the twins and help care for them.  So for her it’s an all expenses paid vacation to Europe with a little babysitting in the mix.  

 

Richard and Nicole are so excited about the trip.  They have seen videos about the cities that they will visit and have so many questions.  We answer them as best we can and then just finally tell them to wait until they visit the cities and they can answer their own questions. For being only five years old they ask some really thought provoking questions.  They will be gone for two weeks.  Jethro and I didn’t think that it would be fair to my parents to have to put up with the twins for more than that amount of time.  My parents will probably need a vacation to recover from this vacation with the twins.  When I say a trip to Europe it’s really only a trip to London and Paris.  They will spend a week in each city but will have day trips out of the two central cities to other nearby towns.  For example while in London they will venture out to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare and Oxford; and while in Paris they will venture out to Versailles.  They are all packed and leave in two days.  Mom and Dad will come tonight to have dinner with us and then take the twins back to their home with them.  They will leave for the trip from my parents’ home.  We still haven’t decided how often we will Skype them while they are away.  We don’t want them to see us on the computer and miss us and start crying but we also don’t want them to miss us and not see us so we will play it by ear. My mom and dad will gauge whether to Skype or not to Skype.

 

Now what will Jethro and I do while the twins are away enjoying their trip?  While we will miss the ‘dynamic duo’ we look forward to some ‘alone’ time.  I have so many stimulating and exciting ways to fill that time.  I have some new methods that I look forward to trying out on my gorgeous husband.  He doesn’t know what ‘adventures’ await him. Hopefully it all will leave a smile of bliss on his face.  I know that it will for me.

End Notes:

Just how hot will things get with these two?  Do I need to change the rating on this story?

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3739